Beware of scam

SRT10

1 hour ago, 5unus said:

Yes im also surprised first that they deleted items and intervened in the gaming trade and also the secondly how fast they deleted items and how slow now they need to restore it. It looks like they deleted items before checking logs. 

Don't give in, keep opening and trying to get your ticket properly looked at. I hope people get reprimanded for this sort of behaviour (I.E. the employees who are doing it and whoever manages them).

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Ferine said:

Don't give in, keep opening and trying to get your ticket properly looked at. I hope people get reprimanded for this sort of behaviour (I.E. the employees who are doing it and whoever manages them).

Ticket isn't closed and waiting for answer i hope that in Monday somebody will look deeper into situation i'm fading with.

4 hours ago, 5unus said:

UPDATE: Got message from one of the GM'S:

have checked your report and confirmed that your transaction was a P2P (Peer-to-Peer) 

In conclusion they can't restore my items because they can't find anything about trade but they were able to delete it from mine inventory (Still trying to get reason).

Just care guys about buying Bloody light set +8 as the scammer got your adena and GM'S back he's item to him and as a victim GM can't help you. It's legit scam way now.

if GM will write anything more about this situation i will update post.

This is very disturbing, please keep us posted.

3 hours ago, Urian said:

The gm will remove the items when they suspect that the origin of adena doesnt meet eula

This is one of the possible reasons. But still if adena is involved in the transaction.. at least the adena must be restored..

• L2 Team

There's a good deal of speculation in this thread as to how the reported incidents in this thread took place. First, I want to be clear that there's no issue with COD trades that's leading to transaction reversals or erased items/adena, nor is this a situation in which we're mistakenly or maliciously taking items/adena from players. 

After thorough investigation we've found that all of the cases reported in this thread are directly related. Each of the transactions needed to be reversed by our CS team due to the way in which the items in question were originally obtained and traded. Unfortunately, given the scope of the investigation we were much slower than we should've been in refunding adena to the players who purchased the items we had to return to the original owners. The confusion this delay caused is ultimately what spurred this thread.

That said, the transaction reversals are now complete—any player who spent adena on the items we had to repossess should have had their money refunded and received an email from our CS team explaining the situation. We apologize for any confusion caused by the delay between steps taken to resolve these incidents.

13 minutes ago, Conguero said:

There's a good deal of speculation in this thread as to how the reported incidents in this thread took place. First, I want to be clear that there's no issue with COD trades that's leading to transaction reversals or erased items/adena, nor is this a situation in which we're mistakenly or maliciously taking items/adena from players. 

After thorough investigation we've found that all of the cases reported in this thread are directly related. Each of the transactions needed to be reversed by our CS team due to the way in which the items in question were originally obtained and traded. Unfortunately, given the scope of the investigation we were much slower than we should've been in refunding adena to the players who purchased the items we had to return to the original owners. The confusion this delay caused is ultimately what spurred this thread.

That said, the transaction reversals are now complete—any player who spent adena on the items we had to repossess should have had their money refunded and received an email from our CS team explaining the situation. We apologize for any confusion caused by the delay between steps taken to resolve these incidents.

So if I understand this right, the scammer had stolen/scammed the items from 3rd players and sold them cheaply to 5unus etc. who, unaware of those items' origin, bought them in good faith?
You returned the items to their original owners?

What happened to the scammer? Did you kill him terminally dead?

16 minutes ago, Conguero said:

If reversals are completed then im scammed already. Because i didn't get any refund or email from CS team explaining mine situation.

EDIT: I don't have any response about mine situation from CS team for more then 24 hours.

• L2 Team
4 minutes ago, 5unus said:

If reversals are completed then im scammed already. Because i didn't get any refund or email from CS team explaining mine situation.

EDIT: I don't have any response about mine situation from CS team for more then 24 hours.

You should receive a reply today.

5 hours ago, Conguero said:

As I understand it you were refunded the money you spent as a middleman of the transactions.

Im middleman? I sold my weapon +20 Blessed Apocalypse Retributer for 65,000,000,000 Adena and etc stuff. From THAT Adena i bought Bloody Eternal Set +8 for 30,000,000,000 Adena. And now im middleman? And NCSoft said that can refund only 1,200,000,000 Adena. This is Crazy... Fastest way from 30 to 1.2 bil Adena. I was happy with set like for 8 hours after it was taken away.

I'm guessing this was a regular account scam. Someone sold their account for $$$ and later reclaimed it with NCsoft (by submitting original user info). 
By then the buyer had already sold off the gear so the scammer also put in ticket, and got their full items back. 
Account+items+$$$=Profit
The victims in this thread were the people that had bought the gear from the account buyer.

3 hours ago, Dayliss said:

I'm guessing this was a regular account scam. Someone sold their account for $$$ and later reclaimed it with NCsoft (by submitting original user info). 
By then the buyer had already sold off the gear so the scammer also put in ticket, and got their full items back. 
Account+items+$$$=Profit
The victims in this thread were the people that had bought the gear from the account buyer.

Not very likely to return items in game because of this. A friend of mine got robbed cuz he gave his account info to another person and the other person left the char completely naked. What ncsoft did was to send him diploma items to buy immortal set and weapon on his 99 char..

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 12:08 AM, balanceLife said:

How Gms can remove any player items???

COD mail is a game moment! And GMs cant be involved in a game moments! o.O

If someone COD item with wrong price/item, its his problems and his stupidity.

Or maybe this items was dropped from macro PK player?

a question, how do you remove the pk without being in floran? :/ 

• L2 Team
2 hours ago, Irlumir said:

OMG this is serious ...

So is not safe to trade??

Hope official answer is given....
No  safe trade  means no l2store buys...... where else would you obtain adena ?? :D 

It's safe to trade through the appropriate in-game avenues. If you read my responses in this thread you'll see that the incident reported here did not unfold at all as initially described.

12 hours ago, Conguero said:

It's safe to trade through the appropriate in-game avenues. If you read my responses in this thread you'll see that the incident reported here did not unfold at all as initially described.

Ok, glad to hear

It would be nice if you make a thread explaining the situatuon, most get with the idea that staff members where involved in some messy mather...i think for sure need some clarification and most want to hear the head of the scammer has been removed.. like @Yidao suggest . 
We all can have our trash talk to what is going on with the game but i think trying to break the trust in the service itself is something different.... that is bad

On other issues ,It would be nice also if you do some adjustment to be get back more options to farm, like areas with little xp reward and more drop reward (like materials and trash to sell to grocery): You have an enormous map filled with mobs that are there wasting, like the revamped sea of spore they add in korea recently i think it can be done with other areas to allow adena farm. Heck you can even put on store a " drop cake" that increase drop rate for party for time like xp party cake, it for sure will be best sell if you add the zones to use it.....

Well we hope the statement @Neutron made on old forum will be made into reality, that more in game means will be provided .... like they where before. 

Well thanks for answer. Hoping is free :D

Archived