An Update on Greater Dyes

Juji

• L2 Team

Currently, Greater Dyes will not add stats above +5. This is the intended maximum stat bonus for our Classic servers, and we are currently not considering raising the cap due to major concerns with balance issues that were found in other service regions.

Understandably, many players have used 2nd Class Dyes under the assumption stats can be raised to +12, and the game does not fully indicate that you cannot. To allow for players to remove their applied dyes, and potentially the abundance of dyes you may have, we will be running a special event with Puss the Cat from November 7 to November 21.

Puss the Cat will be offering his services to Classic servers only. His services include:

• Removing Dyes without a fee. All 10 used Dyes will be returned to your inventory.
  • Applying dyes to a dye pattern slot without a fee.
  • Exchanging dyes for nearly the same Adena price as they were purchased for from the Dye Merchant.

Please note Puss the Cat’s Dye services does not apply to Greater Dyes dropped from Monsters/Field Raids or 1st class dyes. Normal fees and removal costs still apply.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dorukasama said:

So pity. Id love to see STR+12 effects... It's going to be changed in the future??

Learn to read ;x 

This is the intended maximum stat bonus for our Classic servers, and we are currently not considering raising the cap due to major concerns with balance issues that were found in other service regions.

2 minutes ago, GiNOO said:

Learn to read ;x 

This is the intended maximum stat bonus for our Classic servers, and we are currently not considering raising the cap due to major concerns with balance issues that were found in other service regions.

That's what I asked.....in A FUTURE....because obviously CURRENTLY not

I wonder if u really decided to not improve it or u could not fix it,since before it was a bug and now it's a "feature of this classic version".

Anyway if u dont add this,then i guess u would not add runes for same reason,so i would stop call it "classic" because u are making a custom version.
Better or worst i dont know,but for sure one would expect to know about key things like this BEFORE he pick a class..but anyway,u have what u pay for,i pay 0 so this is the quality i can expect.

You guys should stop changing stuff without asking to the community, specially when u guys claimed to offer a classic 1.5 experience server, and its not even close to it, not to mention de bugs, and now this.

GG NCWEST, keep failing

The +12 DYEs limit was a great thing on other classic servers. It allowed for much greater diversity between same classes, as it allowed everybody to create his/her unique build of the same class. With +5 limit, there's basically only 1 way to go for every class.

A n

3 hours ago, Nihilist said:

Good call!

+12 WIT dyes is rediciolus on mages, this will balance PVP between mages and other classes

9 hours ago, GodEmperorRump said:

As a fighter all I can say is,

giphy.gif

Problem solved: +4 INT +4 WIT +4 CON

What are fighters going to do with less STR that is quite needed?

Beleaua you are right this is boost for mages and really big nerf for fighters especcialy for destors and archers...

And ye, problem with dyes was in bug section, why there was solution for this "we will fix it" now you are saying " This is the intended maximum stat bonus for our Classic servers, and we are currently not considering raising the cap due to major concerns with balance issues that were found in other service regions. " @Juji

Why are you writing now about this? When its game changing thing.

Just look at above posts, +12 was a great limit, there were a lot of different builds running on classic servers. Mages going +12 WIT or +12 INT, or a mix of those +8/+4. I even saw some Necro going +12 CON, being riddiculusly tanky and good at pvp. Some PRs were going +12 STR and running in FP armor to compensate for lack of HP/PDef, or going +8 and running in PL sets to get a similar result. Some went for a glass cannons +12 and PL sets. Warlords had such big variety of builds, from pure HP builds with +12 CON, to solo/duo farm machines with +12 STR. Destros/Tyrants could go +12 STR for farm to compensate for their lack of open field mass pvp. There were so many different oly builds, you never knew if the tyrant u are facing has +12 STR -15 DEX, or he went full tanky with +12 CON. Now a lot of classes would become 1-dimensional. All mages +4 WIT/INT/CON, PRs gonna go with +5 STR/+4 WIT or whatever and would have to go for PL sets because of lack of PAtk.

AOE mages group don't care about not being able to get +12 WIT, they still farm with the same speed at AOE, while they will still dominate mass pvps. Melee would hurt a lot from a +5 limit to STR, while they still don't get to dominate at many aspects of the game. Everybody saying that +12 WIT was unbalanced. I think that fighters benefited much more from +12 STR.

As a positive criticism, I believe NC Soft should ask the community about how do we feel about changes from the original version of classic.... I strongly disagree with not letting us have +12 stats, since that was one of the greatest things the classic version had. It allow us to customize toons the way we want, which is great for the game, and don't get me wrong, all attributes are important and there is always a -12 whatever that can greatly impact your toon... For example, a SH with +12 Wit and -12 men will have a really bad debuff resistance and mdef, and it can be easily stopped...

2 minutes ago, Dhol said:

Just look at above posts, +12 was a great limit, there were a lot of different builds running on classic servers. Mages going +12 WIT or +12 INT, or a mix of those +8/+4. I even saw some Necro going +12 CON, being riddiculusly tanky and good at pvp. Some PRs were going +12 STR and running in FP armor to compensate for lack of HP/PDef, or going +8 and running in PL sets to get a similar result. Some went for a glass cannons +12 and PL sets. Warlords had such big variety of builds, from pure HP builds with +12 CON, to solo/duo farm machines with +12 STR. Destros/Tyrants could go +12 STR for farm to compensate for their lack of open field mass pvp. There were so many different oly builds, you never knew if the tyrant u are facing has +12 STR -15 DEX, or he went full tanky with +12 CON. Now a lot of classes would become 1-dimensional. All mages +4 WIT/INT/CON, PRs gonna go with +5 STR/+4 WIT or whatever and would have to go for PL sets because of lack of PAtk.

AOE mages group don't care about not being able to get +12 WIT, they still farm with the same speed at AOE, while they will still dominate mass pvps. Melee would hurt a lot from a +5 limit to STR, while they still don't get to dominate at many aspects of the game. Everybody saying that +12 WIT was unbalanced. I think that fighters benefited much more from +12 STR.

Completely agree

I really feel sorry for fighter classes right now - no Othells, no +12 STR. I know that 1.0/1.5 was a Classic version made for nukers, but limitting dyes to +5 is even more beneficial for them, as they still get very nice +4 WIT/INT/CON almost at no cost.

Archived