Throwing the towel

After investing over a month on L2 Classic NA I've decided that it is time to stop investing time and money in this project. Here's why:

1. Queues? Really? What other game are you playing that doesn't let you play exactly when you want to? I understand a quick queue, but this? On weekends it's hours on end;
  2. Fishing, events - all reward logging multiple boxes and leaving them on 24/7. Is this really your idea of events? Rewarding AFKers and making queues worse? This is worse than bad design - it's atrocious!;
  3. Botting - nothing at all is done to at least mitigate their damage. NCWest must be profiting from them, as otherwise the penalty wouldn't be to just let them farm 23/7 - after being successfully reported. 
  4. No GMs in-game. Even illegal servers are full of in-game GMs who are constantly doing their best for the health of the server. Here? Completely non-existent.
  5. Fixes - in spite of acknowledging the big problems of the servers, NCWest continues to focus on little things and ignoring the outroar of players. 

It was fun to relive Classic, but I would be lying if I said I'd recommend the NA version of the game.

GL to all of you and I sincerely hope that NCWest turns around and starts making this the best L2 Classic servers out there!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, ragingducks said:

After investing over a month on L2 Classic NA I've decided that it is time to stop investing time and money in this project. Here's why:

1. Queues? Really? What other game are you playing that doesn't let you play exactly when you want to? I understand a quick queue, but this? On weekends it's hours on end;
  2. Fishing, events - all reward logging multiple boxes and leaving them on 24/7. Is this really your idea of events? Rewarding AFKers and making queues worse? This is worse than bad design - it's atrocious!;
  3. Botting - nothing at all is done to at least mitigate their damage. NCWest must be profiting from them, as otherwise the penalty wouldn't be to just let them farm 23/7 - after being successfully reported. 
  4. No GMs in-game. Even illegal servers are full of in-game GMs who are constantly doing their best for the health of the server. Here? Completely non-existent.
  5. Fixes - in spite of acknowledging the big problems of the servers, NCWest continues to focus on little things and ignoring the outroar of players. 

It was fun to relive Classic, but I would be lying if I said I'd recommend the NA version of the game.

GL to all of you and I sincerely hope that NCWest turns around and starts making this the best L2 Classic servers out there!

Ok bai.

I am enjoying myself so far, so are a many other people. Seems the only people complaining are the illegal server folks like yourself.

27 minutes ago, ragingducks said:

I understand your frustration, and i can agree with all of your points of view, but nc will not do anything

10 minutes ago, Dude said:

Ok bai.

I am enjoying myself so far, so are a many other people. Seems the only people complaining are the illegal server folks like yourself.

Why do you automatically assume, that he’s illegal server player?

you’re “enjoying your self” you say? Hmm

For all the people who say's RMT it's not a problem because they help in server's economy are probably making use of some illegal program or perhaps they buy Adena from those who use it, which is illegal according to the terms, another point if EU can handle the bots why NA can't? it's not about F2P model, it's because they got ACTIVE STAFF, that are monitoring the gameplay of the server, which is not the case in NA, perhaps they earn part of the $$ that the RMT do.

If you take a good look you don't have more newcomers on Gludio/Aden, and live server populations are decreasing to the point that they will HAVE to merge Chronos/Naia soon, you can check l2.laby for numbers, Classic come's with alot negative points which dramatically will reduce server population soon as they realize what a mess is this, plenty people are playing for "nostalgia" when that feeling pass they will just move on to another game.

43 minutes ago, ragingducks said:

Do you know why is this all happening? Because people don't quit this game. They are addicted to it and nothing from the 5 points you mentioned is enough to discourage them. The game owners are like "lol we could throw them a demo lvl 1 elpy simulator and we would still get 1000 queues".

5 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

lol, it's not the RMT itself that helps the economy, it's the fact that while these bots are gathering adena, they are also gathering mats. 

Which they then sell at a decent price so they can get more adena. 

That is called supply and demand, if you have a high demand of mats, you also have more people looking for it, and less people selling, causing the price to rise, they are doing this while AFK, no one cares if you are playing to gather your mats, people care when those guys make money illegally without playing

12 minutes ago, Garfield said:

Why do you automatically assume, that he’s illegal server player?

you’re “enjoying your self” you say? Hmm

Yes, I assumed that he is a illegal server player. Am I generalizing? Probably. Do I think I'm still correct. Yes. I would say that 95% of the people complaining about rates, drops, online gms, bots, etc have NEVER played NCWest Classic or Live.

I am enjoying myself. Are you trying to question my enjoyment of the game?

28 minutes ago, Dude said:

Yes, I assumed that he is a illegal server player. Am I generalizing? Probably. Do I think I'm still correct. Yes. I would say that 95% of the people complaining about rates, drops, online gms, bots, etc have NEVER played NCWest Classic or Live.

I am enjoying myself. Are you trying to question my enjoyment of the game?

Well, how could they ever play Classic NCWest before, if it launched in October? Not logical at all.

I enjoy the game to the extent it can be enjoyed with all the issues, however “enjoying your self” is also ok, provided you wash your hands after ;)

RIP NEW PLAYERS WHO WANT TO START GAME IN TIME ZONE THEY LIVE  , 

WE NEED CHANGES ! WE NEED DAILY RESTARTS !!!!!!!!!!  CLEAN ALL THE RUSSIAN ADENA SELLING BOTS , CLEAN ALL FISHERMENS WHO FISH FOR WHOLE WEEK !   

illegal servers AR DEALING WAY BETER WITH PROBLEMS THAN OFFICiAL .. THATS A JOKE . 

1 hour ago, Juliodmv said:

That is called supply and demand, if you have a high demand of mats, you also have more people looking for it, and less people selling, causing the price to rise, they are doing this while AFK, no one cares if you are playing to gather your mats, people care when those guys make money illegally without playing

Why?  Why do you care that these people are making money?  how does that affect your gameplay?  Yeah, I get it that the people that buy the adena are affecting the game directly, by being able to afford items that they normally wouldn't.  

But why should I, or anyone else for that matter, care that someone is making money? Is it because they are and you aren't?  Seems strange to me.

The company should care, absolutely.  They are making money off their licensed IP.

38 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

Why?  Why do you care that these people are making money?  how does that affect your gameplay?  Yeah, I get it that the people that buy the adena are affecting the game directly, by being able to afford items that they normally wouldn't.  

But why should I, or anyone else for that matter, care that someone is making money? Is it because they are and you aren't?  Seems strange to me.

The company should care, absolutely.  They are making money off their licensed IP.

How does this affect everyone gameplay you mean? You have to share mobs with bots, you share queue with bots, seems strange to me, are you even human? Perhaps you are a bot? Don’t you recognize the server situation? I doubt so, as you defending it so hard.

Yes, of course I realize that the bots themselves affect players.  I've also been playing this game long enough that I know how to deal with the bots.  Bots have been a problem in this game since day 1 of the original launch.  You have to come into the game with the full knowledge that they are going to be there.  

That, and the fact that I treat the game just as it is... a game.  It's a game.  It's not life.  It's not a job.  It's a game.  You can choose to play it or not.  If the current situation is not enjoyable for you, then simply move on, I don't get it.

I don't share a queue with anyone, because I am not insane.  I tried to login to Talking Island on day one, and there was a queue.  So, like a rational adult, I simply went to the next server and logged in with no queue.   All of my friends did the same thing.  We all pay for VIP accounts on all the toons that need it because the game is enjoyable to us.  It's not perfect, in fact it's kind of a mess right now, but still worth the $40+ to enjoy some Lineage 2 without the awakening crap, without the elemental crap, and without the destroyed world crap.

I think it's you who maybe doesn't realize the current situation... or maybe you do, but refuse to show it.

13 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

Yes, of course I realize that the bots themselves affect players.  I've also been playing this game long enough that I know how to deal with the bots.  Bots have been a problem in this game since day 1 of the original launch.  You have to come into the game with the full knowledge that they are going to be there.  

That, and the fact that I treat the game just as it is... a game.  It's a game.  It's not life.  It's not a job.  It's a game.  You can choose to play it or not.  If the current situation is not enjoyable for you, then simply move on, I don't get it.

I don't share a queue with anyone, because I am not insane.  I tried to login to Talking Island on day one, and there was a queue.  So, like a rational adult, I simply went to the next server and logged in with no queue.   All of my friends did the same thing.  We all pay for VIP accounts on all the toons that need it because the game is enjoyable to us.  It's not perfect, in fact it's kind of a mess right now, but still worth the $40+ to enjoy some Lineage 2 without the awakening crap, without the elemental crap, and without the destroyed world crap.

I think it's you who maybe doesn't realize the current situation... or maybe you do, but refuse to show it.

Ill just end it saying that EU take care of bots, so why NA can’t? My friends are playing in another server,  TI and i don’t cause i was unable to login in the first two weeks, so many time trying to login, and i’ll not pay server transfer cause it’s not my fault that 3.000 of 6.000 players are bots and they don’t have enough server cap for real players, cause bots are taking slots too, even illegal servers got more cap LOL

1 hour ago, SumTingWong said:

How would you feel if someone in your workplace stands there doing nothing for 8 daily hours and gets the same monthly money than you when you WORKED YOUR ASS OFF to get that money?

Would you not complain? Would you say:" It's fine,it doesn't affect me directly. I'll keep working my ass off while he scratches his b****"?

2 minutes ago, Reusito said:

For you it's a game,for people selling adena for real cash is a business. An illegal business.

Which in no way affects me.  Except for having to deal with the bots, of course.  But that's not a big deal, Aden is a big world.

Again, why do you care that they are making money?   Unless, of course, you are also making money and they are taking business away from you, then I totally understand it.

3 Easy steps:

-delete bots / spam adena sellers

-delete 10 days free fishing rod quest

-increase adena drop rate after 40+

80% of players will be happy... i think :P next 20% is constans crying babies "{

6 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

Which in no way affects me.  Except for having to deal with the bots, of course.  But that's not a big deal, Aden is a big world.

Again, why do you care that they are making money?   Unless, of course, you are also making money and they are taking business away from you, then I totally understand it.

its like running on a marathon,you run on foot and you see some1 passing by with a motorcircle.That of course will not stop me from reaching the end, but he will reach it faster,with means that are FORBIDDEN.Yeah it won't affect me but its against the terms of use.Not banning bots is a discrimination on the rules of the game,so if these people are not banned,why breaking other rules of game like hacking etc should be?You either enforce all of them or none.Now you will say "chill man its just a game".Yeah its a game which we all play for fun,but having people running with illigally farmed adena and items destroy my fun.

Archived