Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gillahouse

Accused of Botting multiple times.

Recommended Posts

Gillahouse    2

why do people think that just because you run 3 toons you must be botting?  Are they mad they died in pvp, or that maybe your 3 toons are killing more efficiently than their 9 man rando?  Anyway any other people running 3 toons get accused of botting?  Ive been accused 3 times so far. twice I had to enter some code.  third time the dude just told me I was.  Its kind of funny, but also concerning, are people quitting game because they think boxes are being botted?  Or are they quitting game because of obvious bot trains in low level areas like cave of trials etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LingLing    0

Same shit happened to me. To make it even worse, NCsoft even banned one of my characters claiming they had proof I was using third party software which is absolutely impossible. But hey, they can do whatever they want to you without having to explain themselves, kind of reminds me of a certain group of people about 80 years ago. They really do not give a crap how much time or money you spent, and the fact that I have been playing this game for 14 years and I have never been banned in my life. 

Meanwhile, I keep getting my PM spammed by the same Russian farmer for a week straight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Himmelin    11

sorry to hear that guys, each time you get reported as bot and captcha appears, take a screenshot, and a screenshot of when you completed it, too you can do a permanently live streamming in private mode in youtube, only for you, recording everything, in private mode " no one can in to the video " or another web page

 

then you hold everything you played in a google hard disk of from another web page

 

and if a problem happens, you show the proof you were playing, and the exactly momment when you write the captcha, this maybe can protect you if you dont want join in a text fight of insults, when it happens, im opening a ticket in support, not to ban this people, but at last, to GMs give an advise to that people, to dont harass the others, and just, use " the report bot buttom "

 

btw, there is a big difference between a bot, and how we play, if you go around giran territory you will see a lot of bots, soloing, or even in parties, probbbly if you insult a botter, he wont answer, or if u launch a false accusation, he wont answer too, and probabbly if u hit a bot, he wont fight, then you can pk it

 

or even bring to him a lot of mobs, to get aggro, or healing his mob and stunning his main, as a guy showed in some posts ago

 

good luck

Edited by Himmelin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZygiA    77

I have been reported on multiple occasions too, just because I know how to use Alt tab and macros. This is ridiculous tbh, they should just get rid of that bot report button, as it doesn't do anything in fighting with real bots anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AllenT    1

Being Chased by 2 ant warrior captain and some other ants in Ant nest, got reported and captchar appear LOL, dead and there goes my 20 minutes farming....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garfield    41

A week ago me and a random tank helped an archer to get rid of a six pack of scrubs, who came to his spot and started to call him names, ks and trying to pk his buffer with some alts. Long story short, they either ended up dead or running away with their tails between legs. 5 minutes later, what a surprise.... I got a captcha.... i have a ticket open to support for this and am waiting final feedback on the investigation on bot report abuse.

Since I play spoil and run with 2boxes on my back, It happens often, that people try to ks me, but they usually stop, when I tell them to. 

Edited by Garfield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garfield    41
27 minutes ago, ZygiA said:

just because I know how to use Alt tab and macros

Macros - yes, but I suck at alt tabbing and play in windowed mode ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Himmelin    11
1 hour ago, ZygiA said:

I have been reported on multiple occasions too, just because I know how to use Alt tab and macros. This is ridiculous tbh, they should just get rid of that bot report button, as it doesn't do anything in fighting with real bots anyway. 

well, in 2003 2004 lineage 2 c1, usually people opened two boxes, and did the same with warriors

 

1. hit target

2 alt tab

3. assist target

 

4 alt tab

 

5 repeat

 

they still are doing the same

 

but to make it more simple, you can just buy 3 special keyboards and play with 3 computers, 2 box per client

 

to play with more, is going to be crazy, but probabbly in korean servers or another servers will have players like that, but, i think the limit is 3, or very more simple 2, cuz with 3 sometimes you have to use your two hands, moving away from the mouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
InVizO    9
2 hours ago, Himmelin said:

2 alt tab

4 alt tab

Alt tab lol.... Such a pre-2010 thing

 

Grab yourself a 21:9 4K ultra-wide and enjoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatHips    237

ive gotten reported like 100 times

I just complete the captcha and troll them and move on

its whatever, side effect of that system that is unavoidable

reduce the problem by removing free to play entirely and going with a subscription model

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sakumi    23

If you don't respond to text and keep killing mindlessly, you'll get a report out of me.

One guy complained after the fact but he ignored emotes and everything...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heartcarver    2
59 minutes ago, FatHips said:

ive gotten reported like 100 times

I just complete the captcha and troll them and move on

its whatever, side effect of that system that is unavoidable

reduce the problem by removing free to play entirely and going with a subscription model

If you're the original fathips from way back on Hindemith... when we had a sub model there were still a bajillion bots, just their adena cost was higher is all. They still make enough money selling to make it profitable

 

I run a Spoiler with a WC + SE... I'm positive folks think Im botting :(   - especially since at 37 I cant find a good grind spot and have to compete for other folks taking all my mobs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sour    15
4 hours ago, Himmelin said:

sorry to hear that guys, each time you get reported as bot and captcha appears, take a screenshot, and a screenshot of when you completed it, too you can do a permanently live streamming in private mode in youtube, only for you, recording everything, in private mode " no one can in to the video " or another web page

 

then you hold everything you played in a google hard disk of from another web page

 

and if a problem happens, you show the proof you were playing, and the exactly momment when you write the captcha, this maybe can protect you if you dont want join in a text fight of insults, when it happens, im opening a ticket in support, not to ban this people, but at last, to GMs give an advise to that people, to dont harass the others, and just, use " the report bot buttom "

 

btw, there is a big difference between a bot, and how we play, if you go around giran territory you will see a lot of bots, soloing, or even in parties, probbbly if you insult a botter, he wont answer, or if u launch a false accusation, he wont answer too, and probabbly if u hit a bot, he wont fight, then you can pk it

 

or even bring to him a lot of mobs, to get aggro, or healing his mob and stunning his main, as a guy showed in some posts ago

 

good luck

Or you can just play L2 somewhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play with 7 accounts so I get one captcha a day when I'm grinding. Usually people are fairly chill but occasionally someone will run by and stop to freak out for a while about me being a cheating botter because I know how to hit f2 on 4 keyboards...

No problems so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aliaksandr    8
14 hours ago, Gillahouse said:

why do people think that just because you run 3 toons you must be botting?  Are they mad they died in pvp, or that maybe your 3 toons are killing more efficiently than their 9 man rando?  Anyway any other people running 3 toons get accused of botting?  Ive been accused 3 times so far. twice I had to enter some code.  third time the dude just told me I was.  Its kind of funny, but also concerning, are people quitting game because they think boxes are being botted?  Or are they quitting game because of obvious bot trains in low level areas like cave of trials etc?

What I can tell: I have this expirience too. it can happend. What I do- If I see that the spot is busy from someone. I come to him and ask him, how long he/she will be here. If I see no reaction I try to kill his mobs too :) - it can be 2 ways - if isa it BOT/ the program will stop to attack the target that you have or the program continue kill mobs.  after 5 mins  I see No Reaction from the "player", that I am killing his mobs - no message - I know it is BOT and kill him/ his all chartecter and OFC I reported him + I make the video :) for support ticket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aliaksandr said:

What I can tell: I have this expirience too. it can happend. What I do- If I see that the spot is busy from someone. I come to him and ask him, how long he/she will be here. If I see no reaction I try to kill his mobs too :) - it can be 2 ways - if isa it BOT/ the program will stop to attack the target that you have or the program continue kill mobs.  after 5 mins  I see No Reaction from the "player", that I am killing his mobs - no message - I know it is BOT and kill him/ his all chartecter and OFC I reported him + I make the video :) for support ticket

That's reasonable. I've just had more than a few people run up and start yelling REPORT BOT REPORT at me regardless of my responses. I acknowledge when people are hanging nearby and I even will toss buffs/heals at people who are soloing or lacking in buffs. I really do try to be helpful to those leveling around me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I see a whole bunch of summoners stacked up on one another, all throwing cats or ponies on mobs before running up and smacking them with fists or shitty weapons I usually think bots, same with casters who stack up and auto-cast in sync with their driver. Often the bots will throw out generic comments or sentences in other languages too. Just because someone's there to stop their bot or respond doesn't mean they aren't botting, it just means they just lazy enough that they don't want to play manually. Often once I train mobs on them and kill their lead their alts just sit there for hours confirming what I already knew.

If you are going to play in a way that looks like botting expect to get reported, but don't expect for peoples sympathy when you complain. If you aren't then just suck it up and do your captcha's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Himmelin    11
13 hours ago, Sakumi said:

If you don't respond to text and keep killing mindlessly, you'll get a report out of me.

One guy complained after the fact but he ignored emotes and everything...

lol,  a guy 2 weeks ago came yo me and accuse to me of bot, then i reacted answering, we had a pvp fight, and after that, he reported me, and captcha appeared, even knowing i wasnt a bot and we had a fight, lmao, abuse report buttom should have a penalty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Himmelin    11
13 hours ago, sour said:

Or you can just play L2 somewhere else.

why? if everyone does this from 2004 to 2018, probabbly you are knowing the true in 2018, but how do you think many guilds did valakas and antharas? with 3 and probabbly one guy with a lot of mages casting in valakas bug

 

is nothing new, and is done in all the online games, people with multiboxing is the most common thing, first time was usually

 

1 mage

1 shilien

1 pp

1 bd

 

bd casting dances each 2 minutes, and shilien casting recharge, that multibox was the most common in year 2003 - 2004 ( official and fruits servers )

Edited by Himmelin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Himmelin    11
24 minutes ago, wildernessbox said:

When I see a whole bunch of summoners stacked up on one another, all throwing cats or ponies on mobs before running up and smacking them with fists or shitty weapons I usually think bots, same with casters who stack up and auto-cast in sync with their driver. Often the bots will throw out generic comments or sentences in other languages too. Just because someone's there to stop their bot or respond doesn't mean they aren't botting, it just means they just lazy enough that they don't want to play manually. Often once I train mobs on them and kill their lead their alts just sit there for hours confirming what I already knew.

If you are going to play in a way that looks like botting expect to get reported, but don't expect for peoples sympathy when you complain. If you aren't then just suck it up and do your captcha's.

if you see a lot of characters stucking together, tha guy is 100% using a third party soft or something, and not using /targetx2 and /assist game macros, is impossible to play 3 mouses at the same time, even with a trackball mouse, also i was thinking in a idea modding mouses, but gonna be hard too, because the lasers of the mouses cant be 100% effective, then soon or later one can fail in the sensor, just a 0.1% of difference between the others

Edited by Himmelin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LingLing    0
19 hours ago, Sakumi said:

If you don't respond to text and keep killing mindlessly, you'll get a report out of me.

One guy complained after the fact but he ignored emotes and everything...

Yeah because everyone has to reply to officer Sakumi when they are killing mobs while watching tv.

People need to understand that SOMETIMES not every plays L2 like you. Doesn't mean they are botting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sakumi    23
14 minutes ago, LingLing said:

Yeah because everyone has to reply to officer Sakumi when they are killing mobs while watching tv.

People need to understand that SOMETIMES not every plays L2 like you. Doesn't mean they are botting.

If you act like a bot, and don't respond to any in-game prompts, you WILL get a bot report (not just from me, but others too.)

I watch stuff on my secondary screen the entire time I play, but it's hard to miss somebody standing next to you, emoting, and chatting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Himmelin said:

if you see a lot of characters stucking together, tha guy is 100% using a third party soft or something, and not using /targetx2 and /assist game macros, is impossible to play 3 mouses at the same time, even with a trackball mouse, also i was thinking in a idea modding mouses, but gonna be hard too, because the lasers of the mouses cant be 100% effective, then soon or later one can fail in the sensor, just a 0.1% of difference between the others

If you put
/target name
/target name
in the in game macro then the ones using the macros will stack on each other next to the "name" character.  My Assist macros all end with two targets so they will automatically run back to my main character with the end of the macro. My f1 for all the boxed characters consists of just /target name /target name so I can quickly get them to follow.
 

 

4 hours ago, LingLing said:

Yeah because everyone has to reply to officer Sakumi when they are killing mobs while watching tv.

People need to understand that SOMETIMES not every plays L2 like you. Doesn't mean they are botting.

The only time that is true is in an open field when you're killing green mobs you're over geared for. If you're two shotting mobs (bow/mage/etc) and you don't have to worry about aggro then you can get away without paying much attention. If you're in AC/OB/FT/DV or any other area with dense mobs and aggressive mobs you're damned well paying enough attention to notice someone standing there saying hello? Bot?.  If you can't be bothered to type out a quick Hi then you shouldn't be surprised when you get reported.

Having said that I always respond and I still get reported some which is just a stupid waste of Ncsoft's time. Time spent investigating me is time not spent investigating and banning bots. Unfortunately too many people see the report button as a method to try to punish others for not playing the game the way they want.

It's not hard to control a party solo if you have multiple desktops and 14 years of multiboxing experience. Just because you might find it hard or impossible doesn't mean it is (not directed at anyone in particular).

Edited by Tool_of_Society

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×