Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Hime

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • This is the final week for Gludio Server Boosts of XP/SP/Drop Increase +30%. Read the details here.
  • Free Teleports are available for all servers for one more week.

This is where many many players will be leaving this game. I am one of them. This is so shitty. :(

27 minutes ago, GanjaSpoiler said:

whats going on with the crap rate on spoil? 
with VIP i'm not getting them both, alot of times i'm getting only 1 from those 2, and never had 2 from the same item.

Item 1865.jpg Varnish 1 — 3 76.05% — 92.17%
Item 1869.jpg Iron Ore 1 — 3 69.63% — 85.75%

This is because our version has the worst drop rates I've ever seen on an official server. They have it set so you barely ever get more than 1 item per mob, even though that was super common 'back in the day.' It's super apparent and they don't try to hide it. It's like they think if they make the game virtually unplayable in certain aspects it will drive people to spend money in the store, I guess...

It was always meant to be hard, but there was always a path to get where you needed to go, albeit a hard one. For someone who doesn't box a bunch of tunes... life is rough! 

The XP/SP Rune 50% (30-day) Pack has been added to the store.

Allow me to slow clap this absolute blunder of a pricing scheme you've got.  You expect people to pay $50 a month in order to stay competitive, while playing 3 accounts for some?  I understand its a choice to play multiple accounts, but a number of people are.  You would maintain a massively healthier population if you fairly priced these 'expected purchases' so casuals and hardcore player alike could play fairly.  We would all buy multiple runes for multiple months if the pricing was even $15-$25 a month per account.  You are greedy beyond any other game on the market and released a 'classic' version of L2 which is anything but.  Aden dungeon?  Classic...

1 hour ago, Sakumi said:

This is because our version has the worst drop rates I've ever seen on an official server. They have it set so you barely ever get more than 1 item per mob, even though that was super common 'back in the day.' It's super apparent and they don't try to hide it. It's like they think if they make the game virtually unplayable in certain aspects it will drive people to spend money in the store, I guess...

It was always meant to be hard, but there was always a path to get where you needed to go, albeit a hard one. For someone who doesn't box a bunch of tunes... life is rough! 

Free to play rates are lower by design to encourage VIP status

problem is VIP status does not alleviate the issue at all

Push for a subscription-only model to bring back true playable rates for everyone

1 minute ago, FatHips said:

Free to play rates are lower by design to encourage VIP status

problem is VIP status does not alleviate the issue at all

Push for a subscription-only model to bring back true playable rates for everyone

If they go for a subscription model they will loss 50% of actually active player base. Even tough there is a LOT of people that didn't bought any NCOIN, another just bough 5-10 to get vip1-2 max. So not to reliable decision to go.

I think they shoudl readjust the Store, prices are too high or GET THE COSMETICS (hair accessory) for the Store you can survive

AND ALLOW THOSE KIND OF ITENS TO BE TRADEABLE.

So people will be encouraged to buy cosmetics for selling (it helps to get ride of ppl that buy adena, they will buy NCOINS instead, fair for you guys right?)

I think for this short-time period it's the best solution.

* Cosmetics tradeable

* Adjust price of itens

in mid-time period just get the botters and adjust bug with rates

in long-time period just do an wiki (with real stats of this NA classic)

i came to play this with 3 of my friends and all this cash grab model and terrible rates is just driving us away..

we won't be able to benefit from the halloween event because we just got to lv.20 and while most ppl are running Grade D from the event - we probably wont get it and will be behind.. not that they took away the extra money from the spiders quest - it will push us backwards even more, after everyone have been abusing it for a month.. :|

19 hours ago, task said:

no fix for 40+ area adena drops?

19 hours ago, RickRoss said:

Didn't you realise that we are beta testers here. Report, qq, spam for theese areas and you will get fixes.

19 hours ago, Mondread205 said:

i am crying about lvl zones like 2 weeks. and they fixed 30/40 and 50+ .. and no soloing zones… lol

19 hours ago, Mondread205 said:

FIX TIMAK, PLAINS, SEA OF SPORES, IVORY, FOREST OF EVIL, ALIGATOR.

19 hours ago, sour said:

Congratulations, you successfully turned L2 into a themepark mmorpg. 

Very sad to see you fixed a very small amount of zones / mobs. 

I like how people still call this a (((((fix))))). Like does anyone actually believe that they just accidentaly murdered the spoil/drop/adena rates, which coincidentaly massively boosted their L2store profits? It's more like "well the s***storm reached the critical levels so we're forced to change these settings". It's like calling THIS an "accidental packaging error".

15 minutes ago, Noviscki said:

If they go for a subscription model they will loss 50% of actually active player base. Even tough there is a LOT of people that didn't bought any NCOIN, another just bough 5-10 to get vip1-2 max. So not to reliable decision to go.

I think they shoudl readjust the Store, prices are too high or GET THE COSMETICS (hair accessory) for the Store you can survive

AND ALLOW THOSE KIND OF ITENS TO BE TRADEABLE.

So people will be encouraged to buy cosmetics for selling (it helps to get ride of ppl that buy adena, they will buy NCOINS instead, fair for you guys right?)

I think for this short-time period it's the best solution.

* Cosmetics tradeable

* Adjust price of itens

in mid-time period just get the botters and adjust bug with rates

in long-time period just do an wiki (with real stats of this NA classic)

I'd be willing to bet that far more than 50% of their playbase pays nothing.  Lets see what the industry research says:

"Seufert (2014, 154), in his book dedicated to the freemium model, mentions the rule of 5%, where 5% are monetized players. The vast majority of players do not bring money, creating costs for business, and the aim is to reduce these costs by increasing the number of premium players."

https://www.theseus.fi/bitstream/handle/10024/134405/Goncharova_Elizaveta.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

According to this, if NC would keep 50% of their playerbase, they are literally sitting on a gold mine.

Never make store items tradeable, there is a very specific and good reason they did not, once they start to do that people will leave in droves I would presume.

3 minutes ago, FatHips said:

I'd be willing to bet that far more than 50% of their playbase pays nothing.  Lets see what the industry research says:

"Seufert (2014, 154), in his book dedicated to the freemium model, mentions the rule of 5%, where 5% are monetized players. The vast majority of players do not bring money, creating costs for business, and the aim is to reduce these costs by increasing the number of premium players."

https://www.theseus.fi/bitstream/handle/10024/134405/Goncharova_Elizaveta.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

According to this, if NC would keep 50% of their playerbase, they are literally sitting on a gold mine.

Never make store items tradeable, there is a very specific and good reason they did not, once they start to do that people will leave in droves I would presume.

I agree with most of it, but this last topic why it's not best to make tradeable itens for COSMETICS in shop, cuz cosmetics don't have ANY influence in game at all. And will help them to get some resources from it. I'm not mentioning the buffs/boosts/consumable stuffs.

19 hours ago, Hime said:
  • Fixed an issue where the reward for the Sweetest Venom quest was greater than what was advertised in the quest rewards.

Thanks, this is the last straw, Im done with this server.

1 month "abusing" this quest and I guess you'll not "punish" them, only the new players.

Just now, SumTingWong said:

I've said it before, but I seriously believe that NCSoft would make more money if they weren't trying so hard to make more money.

If success was measured by making people not want to give you money, NCsoft would be on Apples level :D

Archived