Spellbook Drop Rate Issue

1 hour ago, Thegrumpymuppett said:

"i cant farm my books in one hour, increase the rates sniff sniff". Rates of spellbook arent impossible. Not even "too hard" as you claim. Just because you want the skill and dont have the adena to buy it from someone or didnt get it while farming is not a good reason to come here whinning. These ppl used to be handed everything instead of working for it, seriously lol 9_9

For example a friend of mine who is spellsinger already got the spellbooks deathwhisper and clear mind, and he farmed way below 10k of mobs (maybe 2k, 3k of mobs). Spellbooks lvl +40 shouldnt be easy to obtain, but they arent impossible. If you dont want to grind just dont do it, buy them with adena. If spellbooks drop easily and everyone has their skills learned without any real effort, that would be quite lame, as you want it to be.

Another friend who is wc got the amulet chant of fury while farming, so yeah. Maybe you go and the first mob you kill gives you a book, maybe you spend one whole week and not even one drops. It can happens. I spended the last 3 days farming like crazy and got not even one drop, and yesterday the first 30 minutes farming i got 2 different D weapons drop (made around 1kk there).

They are harder to obtain than they've ever been; stop pretending everyone is a noob and only you are hardcore enough to handle it. There is a reason drops are being bumped in EV this patch.

2 hours ago, Thegrumpymuppett said:

"i cant farm my books in one hour, increase the rates sniff sniff". Rates of spellbook arent impossible. Not even "too hard" as you claim. Just because you want the skill and dont have the adena to buy it from someone or didnt get it while farming is not a good reason to come here whinning. These ppl used to be handed everything instead of working for it, seriously lol 9_9

For example a friend of mine who is spellsinger already got the spellbooks deathwhisper and clear mind, and he farmed way below 10k of mobs (maybe 2k, 3k of mobs). Spellbooks lvl +40 shouldnt be easy to obtain, but they arent impossible. If you dont want to grind just dont do it, buy them with adena. If spellbooks drop easily and everyone has their skills learned without any real effort, that would be quite lame, as you want it to be.

Another friend who is wc got the amulet chant of fury while farming, so yeah. Maybe you go and the first mob you kill gives you a book, maybe you spend one whole week and not even one drops. It can happens. I spended the last 3 days farming like crazy and got not even one drop, and yesterday the first 30 minutes farming i got 2 different D weapons drop (made around 1kk there).

Sorry but no one cares about your lowbie experiences and crappy low D drops, and your "friends" getting lucky lmfao. It took me over two weeks of farming DW to get it and I know people farming SoS even longer trying to get CDL and it doesn't drop. The rates are totally borked.

4 hours ago, Thegrumpymuppett said:

So it would be "lame" if the spellbooks were easier to get and people could learn the skills at the level the are meant to be learned or at least closer to it? I wonder how you feel about all those skills that you can now auto learn without a spellbook at all...you must not use them since its so "lame" that you could learn them with no effort at all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 10:44 PM, Lightkeeper said:

Or 2000 - 4000 mobs to get a statistical 100% chance of dropping the full book, hehe :) 

Just kidding, I see your point there - the rates are ridiculous, but the problem is that this is just the way NCwest decided to do their bussiness - starve the players of everything to force them into buying stuff from L2store... If they fix the drop rate, they're just going to f* up the store somehow else... No escape really :( 

i was thinking the same thing.. it makes people buy more second class scrolls for sure

Archived