Account sharing

DuckLord

My understanding is that they can't do anything about it, but it's against the TOS. Where it screws you is if anything shady ever happens to your account (getting hacked, missing items or adena, a missed bot report, etc) they won't help you. They'll just tell you that it's the reason they don't allow account sharing and you're stuck with the fallout.

On 11/7/2018 at 8:26 AM, Raynesong said:

My understanding is that they can't do anything about it, but it's against the TOS. Where it screws you is if anything shady ever happens to your account (getting hacked, missing items or adena, a missed bot report, etc) they won't help you. They'll just tell you that it's the reason they don't allow account sharing and you're stuck with the fallout.

100% true

Heck, I've seen people change ISPs get told the same story haha

The answer is: if you value your account do not do account sharing. 

5 hours ago, CuckLord said:

Can anyone confirm this?

I doubt you're going to get any sort of official confirmation that something is against the rules and technically bannable, but that they don't ban for it.  

Account sharing happens all the time.  If there's ever any sort of dispute about items getting stolen, trying to steal the account, someone else botting/buying adena on your account, etc, expect to get banned for it and they won't care at all.  Otherwise, if everyone behaves, it isn't an issue they're actively looking for and banning for.

Hime said that it is a bannable offense, and if you get caught they will ban you, but they are not actively looking for people who share their accounts. I think he said that as long as you don't do stuff like multiple people submitting support tickets for the same account for example, you should be fine. She said it a few weeks ago here on the forum, so read her comments if you want to, you should find it relatively easily.

Archived