Forums

Suspicious activity

BangOut

Just now, BangOut said:

You are delusional

You are delusional if you think that you'll get real answers here. Sumbit a ticket or keep enjoy the ban and my comments.

And you are talking about big bots that make real money, small bots like you that use them to try and get ahead will always come to the formus when they get banned.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SumTingWong said:

Same here.  I've multi-boxed this game in just about every iteration that has existed and I've never once been worried about being banned.  I use my own credit cards, my own PayPal, etc.  Never been worried about it, because I don't use any third party anything and don't try to cheat my way to the top.

Every damn one of these posts is a cheater/botter who thought he was going to get away with it and got caught.

I was fine to this day too, thinking the same.  You're in for surprise. you bitter fools have no proof, you're just assmad about bots taking ur safespaces so you try to seek justice literally everywhere.

3 minutes ago, ConorMcGregor said:

I doubt this is the case. If they had a legit way of detecting botters the would most likely clean the server already. 

Unless of course the bots are to their benefit, these single cases of people being banned just doesn't add up.

I will agree that there are innocents that get caught up in ban waves.  It's just the nature of the beast, unfortunately.  However, these innocents usually use the actual support system and get unbanned eventually.  At least, that's been my experience.

I also believe that they have to "build a case" before they can just ban accounts.  This might give the appearance that the bots you reported are still free to bot away.  Keep in mind that it's tough to distinguish between bot 1 who is hgjghgj and bot 2 who is hgjjghg.

They DO ban bots, it's just a major uphill battle.  You can see that they do ban them, by reading these forums.

2 minutes ago, BangOut said:

I was fine to this day too, thinking the same.  You're in for surprise. you bitter fools have no proof, you're just assmad about bots taking ur safespaces so you try to seek justice literally everywhere.

You have no proof that you are not a bot either, you are to afraid to sumbit a ticket and you are the one being punished...

y6M7SHE.gif

1 minute ago, LinaInverse said:

You are delusional if you think that you'll get real answers here. Sumbit a ticket or keep enjoy the ban and my comments.

And you are talking about big bots that make real money, small bots like you that use them to try and get ahead will always come to the formus when they get banned.

I actually opened your account to check what you're posting. You're a bitter kid, I wont reply to you anymore. And I already opened a ticked, but  I much rather bring this issue to light and perhaps some kind of gm can explain to me why this happens, instead of just unbanning my account when they realize they bleeped up(whenever that might happen). And some legit people might see what they are dealing with here, it might not work for stubborn ncsfot fanboys like you, but to people who value their time and resources and who do not think every person is some kind of cheater might have better insight in this game. Good day sir, hope you outgrow your bitter emo phase.

People think that GM and ADMIN are stupids. They arent. They make tons of money, they are smart and they know lot more than we think. Beleive me that if ur accounts were locked, u did something. Simple as that... So, instead of being a crying baby, accept it.

3 minutes ago, BangOut said:

I actually opened your account to check what you're posting. You're a bitter kid, I wont reply to you anymore. And I already opened a ticked, but  I much rather bring this issue to light and perhaps some kind of gm can explain to me why this happens, instead of just unbanning my account when they realize they bleeped up(whenever that might happen). And some legit people might see what they are dealing with here, it might not work for stubborn ncsfot fanboys like you, but to people who value their time and resources and who do not think every person is some kind of cheater might have better insight in this game. Good day sir, hope you outgrow your bitter emo phase.

There are NO GM's that post on the public forums - this isn't a private server.  I mean, the Community Managers can barely post anything without a week's worth of bureaucracy.  I am definitely no NCSoft fanboi for sure, I just don't have unrealistic expectations from a company who is known well for pay 2 win.

It happened something like me, was playing with 3 box, a prophet, a sumoner and my main char, in the dawn of yesterday only the main 
char took DC, and then when trying to relogalo appeared the blocking message appeared, in the other accounts everything is normal ,
 now I wonder why? I've played lineage for over 10 years, I've had this account for years, I even have char level 100 on chronos on the 
same account, I hate Boots, I do not even know how it works, and I saw several topics complaining about this unfair ban, import now 
because the same thing happened to me, just my main account was blocked, I emailed the support and had no answer yet, plus it is 
worrying honest players are being banned, while adena and bot vendors continue to roam freely. I really want it solved, otherwise I'll 
actually stop playing.
ps: I was playing in Ti, and I dropped char level 30 due to the queues, I started to play in Gludio, and I was level 24 still, 
but with top D weapon.

Sorry for the mistakes (translator).   N° Request. 22734676

• Hime locked and unlocked this topic
10 hours ago, acerberos said:

I GOT FALSE ACUSSATION AS MANY PPL I REED OF. AND I WILL START USING BUTTOM IN GAME TO ANY CHAR SO YOU CAN SAY SURE SURE WHEN IT HAPPENS TO YOU

I average at least one captcha a day when I'm leveling. I'm running 7 accounts so some people kind of lose their mind when they see me doing my thing. I'm sure some of those bot report button clickers followed up with tickets reporting me. Been boxing since 2004 with no bans.

8 hours ago, ConorMcGregor said:

I doubt this is the case. If they had a legit way of detecting botters the would most likely clean the server already. 

Unless of course the bots are to their benefit, these single cases of people being banned just doesn't add up.

They have methods of detecting botters but they are pretty time consuming and seem to require a human involved. Not even Blizzard with all those billions a year have been able to stop bots/hacks. The most blatant of all were the 30 or so newbie characters floating in the air to form URLs for gold "sellers" (more like credit card scammers) in the major cities. If they can't automatically detect something so blatant as that then they definitely couldn't detect an individual botting.

I think there is some possibility for automated detection involving big data but I don't think Ncsoft wants to spend the money to develop such a concept. The company has always had the problem of being short sighted. AKA too fixated on short term profit and not the long term picture. NCwest really can't do much on their own so they just get dragged along by the parent company (NCsoft).

10 hours ago, SumTingWong said:

Same here.  I've multi-boxed this game in just about every iteration that has existed and I've never once been worried about being banned.  I use my own credit cards, my own PayPal, etc.  Never been worried about it, because I don't use any third party anything and don't try to cheat my way to the top.

Every damn one of these posts is a cheater/botter who thought he was going to get away with it and got caught.

"never once been worried?" time to start because you are just as safe from these bans as I was. There is no way to tell if the forum posts are false bans or not because they DO ban legit paying players as well as cheaters.

I had 3 accounts banned on day 2 of the game. 7 days later they removed the ban because they confirmed that I had in fact done nothing wrong.

1 day later they banned my other 3 accounts that I couldnt make for that entire week. After the weekend was over, they removed the ban because I had done nothing wrong.

My accounts are now all playable with all bans lifted. They gave me a rubber stamp apology for wasting my time and nothing else. I had taken time off work so I could enjoy the game with my friend. I am STILL over 10 levels behind him and unable to party to help close the gap.

These regular account security reviews do not care if you are cheating or not. They will tell you nothing about why you do not have access to the support page. Your only option is to email appeal@ncsoft.com and wait until they remove the block. 

12 hours ago, Laser said:

"never once been worried?" time to start because you are just as safe from these bans as I was. There is no way to tell if the forum posts are false bans or not because they DO ban legit paying players as well as cheaters.

I had 3 accounts banned on day 2 of the game. 7 days later they removed the ban because they confirmed that I had in fact done nothing wrong.

1 day later they banned my other 3 accounts that I couldnt make for that entire week. After the weekend was over, they removed the ban because I had done nothing wrong.

My accounts are now all playable with all bans lifted. They gave me a rubber stamp apology for wasting my time and nothing else. I had taken time off work so I could enjoy the game with my friend. I am STILL over 10 levels behind him and unable to party to help close the gap.

These regular account security reviews do not care if you are cheating or not. They will tell you nothing about why you do not have access to the support page. Your only option is to email appeal@ncsoft.com and wait until they remove the block. 

You were mistakenly banned, you used the support system in place, they reviewed it and found that you were indeed mistakenly banned, and then unbanned you.  Well done, and the system obviously works.  You lost some time, you got a bit behind, but not much, and you are back up and running.

That's EXACTLY why I have never worried.  Instead of spamming the forums with your issues, you did it right.  Again, well done on both parties there!

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread.

First of all, being blocked/locked for suspicious activity is not equivalent to a game ban.  They don't just lock your account for botting, they ban it.  Forever.

I myself had 4 accounts locked that were all created with similar emails, from the same IP, and did not have VIP or chronicle packs on them.  These were created to AFK the event boss boxes.  Within 6 hours those 4 were locked due to suspicious activity but none of my other accounts were.

No one knows what exactly falls under suspicious activity but I have yet to find someone who contacted support and was NOT unlocked.  

Quit accusing everyone of botting/cheating when you clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

On 11/7/2018 at 11:17 AM, LinaInverse said:

Sure sure, that's what every banned bot says. 

On 11/7/2018 at 12:13 PM, mixa said:

The bots crying .... that's amazin' stuff right here.

You're both not necessarily correct. This is disgraceful behavior in the eyes of innocent players who are going through this.

This happened to me when I made a 3rd account for a melee class. I had my 2nd account with a SO follow it to buff.

I've emailed appeal@ncsoft.com and am waiting.

I've received this response (whether automatic or not) in about 10 minutes after:

"Thanks for contacting us! Your request (22xxxxxx: Due to suspicious activity, this account has been locked. Please contact support at appeal@ncsoft.com") has been received, and is being reviewed by our Support team.

We'll contact you as soon as we have an answer for you. Can't wait? Visit our Knowledge Base!

To add information to your request, simply reply to this email. If you no longer need assistance, just reply with "I no longer need help" in the body of your email."

21 hours ago, LinaInverse said:

Another bot that comes to the forum to cry about it.

Nothing new.

Dude you are delusional, my account was banned 3 times for 'suspicious payments'. Stop talking nonsense already. 

3 hours ago, Slher said:

You're both not necessarily correct. This is disgraceful behavior in the eyes of innocent players

Disgraceful it is, but I don't see any innocent players.

2 hours ago, ZAG said:

Dude you are delusional, my account was banned 3 times for 'suspicious payments'. Stop talking nonsense already. 

Then stop botting and you'll be fine.

15 minutes ago, LinaInverse said:

Disgraceful it is, but I don't see any innocent players.

Then stop botting and you'll be fine.

You're an absolute idiot that's all I can say if you don't understand what suspicious payments means. Ye, I was botting, but they keep banning and unbanning me. 

17 minutes ago, ZAG said:

You're an absolute idiot that's all I can say if you don't understand what suspicious payments means. Ye, I was botting, but they keep banning and unbanning me. 

They unbanned you? Gj, now that you dont use bots anymore you can play without worries.

Just now, LinaInverse said:

They unbanned you? Gj, now that you dont use bots anymore you can play without worries.

You really do look and sound like a retard, honestly. Nvm, continue with the nonsense. Oh and btw, they do not unban bots if Xincode detects the 3rd party software. 

Archived