Higher costs for adding SAs to R-grade weapons

Znipo

Unsure if this was intended or not but I dont recall reading anything about this.. have not seen any threads about this yet but it has been like this for atleast a couple of weeks now, so thought I would make a thread.

Ninjapatch? either way i suggest you change it back to normal price.

Adding special abilities to R-Grade weapons used to be 20x and 40x Gemstone R for SA #1 & #2,

It has now been changed to 30x and 187x.

Another killing blow for the low levels.

In Korea the price for putting an SA on R-Grade weapons has been increased on October 19, 2016 (R그레이드 아이템의 집혼 ... 비용이 증가하였습니다):
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update/view?articleId=622288&page=2
(about halfway down the page, under [아이템]/"Items")

Over there it is also 30 Gemstone R-Grade for the 1st SA/집혼(1차) and 187 for the 2nd SA/집혼(2차):
http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/집혼
(the table about halfway down the page)

This is not a bug but fully intended. The wisdom of the developers' intention can be questioned though.

Well now is time to reduce the price of the Gem R.

1.5kk for Gem R on Naia - I'm sorry but this is a complete joke.

With all the time 3 dark castles there's no way you can buy on reasonable price the gems you need to make second SA on R99 weapon (around 5300 gem R).  And I'm not going to support the dark castle owners! Dah!

The Drop and the Spoil is with terrible low chance as well.

Put in grocery shop gem R for each town for the same price as it is when Giran/Aden/Rune is light (1.2kk). Or increase the spoil and drop chance for God's sake!  >:(

You are not going to like this, but the quest reward for "Waiting for Paagrio" at the Blazing Swamp has been changed from Harp's Reward Box, which gave Gemstones R-Grade (and Elcyum Powder), to adena on August 2:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update/view?articleId=630883
(about 3/4 down the page, directly above the [아이템]/"Items" section)

Sooner or later this further reduction in the supply of R-Gems will hit us too.

As you can see, the high demand and low supply of Gemstones R-Grade is fully intended and achieved in several well thought-out ways. The developers really mean it.

20 hours ago, Yidao said:

You are not going to like this, but the quest reward for "Waiting for Paagrio" at the Blazing Swamp has been changed from Harp's Reward Box, which gave Gemstones R-Grade (and Elcyum Powder), to adena on August 2:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update/view?articleId=630883
(about 3/4 down the page, directly above the [아이템]/"Items" section)

Sooner or later this further reduction in the supply of R-Gems will hit us too.

As you can see, the high demand and low supply of Gemstones R-Grade is fully intended and achieved in several well thought-out ways. The developers really mean it.

For what reason exactly?

regardless of the reason, it only hurts the low lvls at this point.. makes absolutely 0 sense. R95 and R99 is untouched AFAIK.

-------------------------

Still LF this to be reverted back to old value, with all the pay to play events they are dishing out lately, now is the time to show you're not just milking our cash, thanks.

1 hour ago, Znipo said:

For what reason exactly?

regardless of the reason, it only hurts the low lvls at this point.. makes absolutely 0 sense. R95 and R99 is untouched AFAIK.

There have been no developer interviews or Letters to the Community in ages, so we can only speculate. Your guess is as good as mine, and my guess would be that they want to give an incentive to Castle Sieges. About two years ago a Korean Healer took Rune Castle on her own, having her Lumi servitor hammer away at the Inner Gate for about 20 minutes, not because she would have been such a mighty warrior but simply because there was nobody there to defend the castle :D

On the other hand, as you can see from the Korean Olympiad statistics, there are almost no players under lvl 100 over there:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/gameinfo/olympiad/olympiadInfo
There are no R-Grade players who would put an SA on a weapon.

On the 3rd hand, maybe they want to prevent players from using highly overenchanted Apocalypse weapons instead of R95 or R99 weapons? This seems to be the most plausible reason.

21 hours ago, Yidao said:

On the 3rd hand, maybe they want to prevent players from using highly overenchanted Apocalypse weapons instead of R95 or R99 weapons? This seems to be the most plausible reason.

Guys you think too much. Ncsoft just want from us to buy Gemstone R from the L2 store...

• 3 weeks later...

Today Korea unified the cost for adding SAs to 170 Gemstones R-Grade both for 1st and 2nd SA. This means an increase from 30 to 170 Gemstones R-Grade for the 1st SA on an R-Grade weapon and a great decrease from 5266 to 170 Gemstones R-Grade for the 2nd Sa on an R99 weapon:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update/view?articleId=633502

If NCsoft really wanted to increase Gemstone sales via the L2Store (which are not available in Korea anyway) they would not have reduced the cost for the higher-grade weapons. So we must assume that new players are indeed deliberately tortured to motivate them to level up quickly, using the 30% exp scrolls, Vitality Potions etc. which are available in their L2Store :D

2 hours ago, Yidao said:

Today Korea unified the cost for adding SAs to 170 Gemstones R-Grade both for 1st and 2nd SA. This means an increase from 30 to 170 Gemstones R-Grade for the 1st SA on an R-Grade weapon and a great decrease from 5266 to 170 Gemstones R-Grade for the 2nd Sa on an R99 weapon:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update/view?articleId=633502

If NCsoft really wanted to increase Gemstone sales via the L2Store (which are not available in Korea anyway) they would not have reduced the cost for the higher-grade weapons. So we must assume that new players are indeed deliberately tortured to motivate them to level up quickly, using the 30% exp scrolls, Vitality Potions etc. which are available in their L2Store :D

When implemented here drop of prices of all r99 weaps 2 x SA at least 6b. xD   Also it says you can remove and recover crystal SA??

That's right. You can, at any Town Blacksmith, extract an applied Soul Crystal and use it again on another weapon, sell it, or whatever. This is especially interesting for the higher stage SAs (please note, as of today, Koreans can compound Soul Crystals up to Stage 7). Also check what I am discussing with socketka here:

The situation of the old Soul Crystals is not fully clear. As soon as I know more, I will post an update on Rochand :)

Archived