Today's Patch

Elli

Good Morning to those who read this and hopefully @Juji @Hime

As someone who is heavily invested in this game currently with all of my free time, I just have a few questions about the choices made for the fixes.

Adena Rates, Drops, Spoils: Ok! We're going to get right into this one since it's the hottest issue.  My first instinct is to get up in arms about only the selected areas receiving a fix however; I'm sure there is a more than reasonable explanation of why it is just the mentioned areas. My assumption is that "fixing" the solo areas allows farmers to more efficiently farm Adena. My argument is that....solo players who are not farmers are basically punished because of this logic. Farmers are going to farm whether the rates or high or low. It doesn't matter to them. Adena buyers will buy no matter how easy or hard it is to get Adena and drops. I would even argue that the low Adena rates and bad farming actually encourages eBaying Adena rather than fight it. I think with only fixing a few areas will cause those areas to be overrun with farmers and bots and the players benfits will be very few.

As a person who plays with 1 account I completely agree. The adena rates everywhere are awful and need to be fixed. I'm playing alone and i want to farm alone. I don't want to duo or triple box. I don't want to spoil. I want to go to the field every day for a few hours and make some progress. Drop rate is next to comical. I got to lvl 40 with aoe parties spent next to nothing adena to lvl myself i farmed alone for hours upon hours on green monsters alone hoping for some drop and got nothing. In the end I had no money for anything but Elven jewels and a Saber. 

Here's the issue, imho:

They can't simply raise the rates everywhere at once.  They have to do it in small sections, because if one little digit is off, that will be exacerbated enormously if they then, after the fact, multiply them. 

This can get you into trouble quickly, because I'll be damned if some russian CP doesn't find that one messed up mob that now drops 10,000 adena instead of the intended 1,000 and farms it for days before anyone else figures it out.  Happens all the time with games.  Now you have a much larger issue than people not getting drops.  Now you have just injected an unbalanced aspect into the entire game. 

Which is MUCH harder to fix after the fact than a too-low drop rate.  

So, they probably did a little DB-fu and figured out where the hot spots either are now, or are going to be soon, and upped them.  There seems to be a skeleton crew working for this game and maybe it just takes more time than people realize.  

10 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

Here's the issue, imho:

They can't simply raise the rates everywhere at once.  They have to do it in small sections, because if one little digit is off, that will be exacerbated enormously if they then, after the fact, multiply them. 

This can get you into trouble quickly, because I'll be damned if some russian CP doesn't find that one messed up mob that now drops 10,000 adena instead of the intended 1,000 and farms it for days before anyone else figures it out.  Happens all the time with games.  Now you have a much larger issue than people not getting drops.  Now you have just injected an unbalanced aspect into the entire game. 

Which is MUCH harder to fix after the fact than a too-low drop rate.  

So, they probably did a little DB-fu and figured out where the hot spots either are now, or are going to be soon, and upped them.  There seems to be a skeleton crew working for this game and maybe it just takes more time than people realize.  

Sure! I mean this makes sense to me. I'm just looking for an official answer though since there is a fair amount of speculation.

They didn't do any DB-fu.. they selected areas with 2x HP mobs. Pretty simple. The 2x mobs were dropping same as 1x mobs.

The base rate is still way flawed. I barely make any adena per level, even when not spending any on soulshot. If it wasn't for clan coins and VIP coins, and me crafting an low D weapon to sell, I'd be flat broke lol.

And if you are 'worried' about them being a digit off, then man, they shouldn't be in game development. There's these things called test servers and QA :D

Archived