What is the point of leveling?

ElderBean

Am I the only one who sees this?

OK, Let's assume your in a pretty good/average PT.  I make on a very good PT around 1.8kk/hour.  Lets assume I grind for 2 hours per day, every day of the month (Let's say 30 days).  That means in 1 month I would make about 54kk/month.  Assuming no deaths.  Now, If I stay level 46, and ONLY do the following.  

• Daily quests, for 10kk exp (7 + 3).
  • Aden Quest (both) for chance at 37m exp. 

In just under 300 days, I could be level 75 while playing only 2 hours a day (time it takes to do all 4 quests).  Now, one is going to argue you won't have SP.  A) Aden quest gives equal SP to XP.  So you lose nothing with those.  If I grind at a higher level, as I see on most Twitch Streams, a user gets about 6k a mob in a level 62 train.  I get 4k a mob and have zero downtime in a party of 3 boxing.  If I happen to get a Blessing from Aden quest, and get just 2 per month, I get more EXP than grinding anyway WITH SP.  Its stupid.

Why on Earth should I play 8 hours a day, grinding so hard, when I can log in just 2 hours a day, and reach max level in what I believe will be faster than me playing the game anyway?  I see really no point at all.

Also if you want to argue adena, these quests drop plenty of items (Top C wep, Books, Armor, etc) that you can sell and gear yourself with the items for when you hit 75.

Sure, it will help you keep up.

but you'll fall behind players who play efficiently, also you will get dumpstered on SP, the ratio of the mob/SP in that dungeon is extremely bad, and you get nothing if you don't get the 37m / 1.1m item, which is roughly what you get without overhitting mobs in most areas (27-34:1 in my limited testing).

I wish it wasn't in the game but what can you do.  At least it's not an instance, it's a quest you must do and compete with spawn for.  So it's not that bad I guess, kind of like a permanent event.

IMO, rush to lvl 45 to start doing FOM daily for 7kk/day then screech to a halt and take as long as possible to hit 51 (for 3kk/day AI) as well as 61 (for 7kk/day FOM). From my personal experience, I've received 35ish boxes from Aden dailies and never gotten anything other than buffs, no C gear/jewelry, no C scrolls, no spellbooks, no xp/sp blessing. Net all the adena spent on shots and potential adena I could have farmed in that time and I have lost out of close to 2kk doing the aden quests. Needless to say, I am not a fan but I continue to do it regardless....hoping....waiting...

35 minutes ago, ElderBean said:

I have 4 toons total.  In the last 7 days, Ive gotten 3 Top C Jewels.  6 XP Blessings.  4 EAC, 1 EWC. 1 x 2.5kk book and 1 x crap book. In a month, I would get about 20~ Blessings.

just good luck, that's not normal or you're troll, either way, statistically irrelevant :D

31 minutes ago, FatHips said:

just good luck, that's not normal or you're troll, either way, statistically irrelevant :D

Well I am not lying, nor trolling. Today was a bad day, only 1 C Neck, the rest were all crap.  But still overall, seems way over powered.

3 minutes ago, ElderBean said:

Well I am not lying, nor trolling. Today was a bad day, only 1 C Neck, the rest were all crap.  But still overall, seems way over powered.

it shouldn't be in the game no doubt, but a vast majority of people have done it as much as you and gotten very little.  You're also doing it on 4 chars, so divide your rate by 4 to consider "balance" issues.

3 hours ago, ElderBean said:

Am I the only one who sees this?

OK, Let's assume your in a pretty good/average PT.  I make on a very good PT around 1.8kk/hour.  Lets assume I grind for 2 hours per day, every day of the month (Let's say 30 days).  That means in 1 month I would make about 54kk/month.  Assuming no deaths.  Now, If I stay level 46, and ONLY do the following.  

• Daily quests, for 10kk exp (7 + 3).
  • Aden Quest (both) for chance at 37m exp. 

In just under 300 days, I could be level 75 while playing only 2 hours a day (time it takes to do all 4 quests).  Now, one is going to argue you won't have SP.  A) Aden quest gives equal SP to XP.  So you lose nothing with those.  If I grind at a higher level, as I see on most Twitch Streams, a user gets about 6k a mob in a level 62 train.  I get 4k a mob and have zero downtime in a party of 3 boxing.  If I happen to get a Blessing from Aden quest, and get just 2 per month, I get more EXP than grinding anyway WITH SP.  Its stupid.

Why on Earth should I play 8 hours a day, grinding so hard, when I can log in just 2 hours a day, and reach max level in what I believe will be faster than me playing the game anyway?  I see really no point at all.

Also if you want to argue adena, these quests drop plenty of items (Top C wep, Books, Armor, etc) that you can sell and gear yourself with the items for when you hit 75.

It depends on your reason for playing the game. If you dont enjoy the grind, or the hoping for a drop, or the mobs turning blue when they die (independent of the rates) and your only goal is max level with minimal effort... then why bother playing the game? Generally the caps increase, assuming classic wont be any different, new weapons and gear will be released, which requires farming adena, SP, and other things for it all.

L2 was the first MMO I played, so I am playing Classic for nostalgia reasons. The game is still pretty different, people's attitudes and personalty to the game is way different, and I dont have the time I had in college to grind for 16+ hours a day. I am not playing it to be afk except for a single instance to be max level, because odds are I wont get there anyway since by time I did... new max + skill enchants + items would be out.

6 hours ago, ElderBean said:

I have 4 toons total.  In the last 7 days, Ive gotten 3 Top C Jewels.  6 XP Blessings.  4 EAC, 1 EWC. 1 x 2.5kk book and 1 x crap book. In a month, I would get about 20~ Blessings.

I have 7 characters doing that and I've only gotten junk. Could you please release your stranglehold on the luck/rng gods so others might abide some?

7 hours ago, ElderBean said:

Yes, as stated I would say count yourself lucky. I've done the quest 12 times, and the best item I received was a spellbook chest which yielded advanced block, unfortunately. 

7 hours ago, Heartcarver said:

It depends on your reason for playing the game. If you dont enjoy the grind, or the hoping for a drop, or the mobs turning blue when they die (independent of the rates) and your only goal is max level with minimal effort... then why bother playing the game? Generally the caps increase, assuming classic wont be any different, new weapons and gear will be released, which requires farming adena, SP, and other things for it all.

L2 was the first MMO I played, so I am playing Classic for nostalgia reasons. The game is still pretty different, people's attitudes and personalty to the game is way different, and I dont have the time I had in college to grind for 16+ hours a day. I am not playing it to be afk except for a single instance to be max level, because odds are I wont get there anyway since by time I did... new max + skill enchants + items would be out.

This is no where close to classic.  Skelth did was better than NCSoft here.  People should be 35-40 max right now.  1 month 3 days in, and there is level 63-64.  That is no way close to classic.

Because of this topic i asked myself a question: "Should i really play here", and it's not the first time. I started playing spoil on this serv, because i thought that finally it will be more rewarding. Till lvl 28 i crafted 2 mid D weapons, one for myself, and the other for my mate playing as Human Wizard. Imagine my face, when i found out that ppl, that aren't even lvl 20 have a top D weapons, because of that game breaking event. What you had to do, was just make as many boxes as possible and enjoy free rewards :D. I just came over with it, and now i learn, that people are getting top C stuff for free as well :D. It's just really unfair, i understand if a quest is giving key mats or recipes as rewards, but come on full top C grade equipment is just to much!

11 hours ago, ElderBean said:

This is no where close to classic.  Skelth did was better than NCSoft here.  People should be 35-40 max right now.  1 month 3 days in, and there is level 63-64.  That is no way close to classic.

You realize those toons are being played 24/7 by multiple people right? You will not get there playing a casual 4-5 hrs a day. 35-40 is normal for casual players

11 hours ago, ElderBean said:

?????????????

do u realize ppl are 76+ on RU classic that opened 1 day before our servers ?
same rate/ingame stuff like Skelth .

u are lucky tryhard Russians are not here cuz they would be 75+ aswell :D

but its ok guys there is no point to level :D jesus

Fact is that daily quests were introduced in antharas patch if i dont go wrong,that means it was YEARS after 1st release and they were introduced to let new ppl catch the others.
Put them on a new server claimed as 1.5 is really stupid,but now u cant even remove them cos some ppl used them a lot and it would not be fair to the others..so it is what it is.
300 days to catch 75 is totally reasonable for a new server(considering normal ppl,not nolifers),it would not be reasonable in a some years old server like skelth when they introduced them.
About aden quest,i made it a lot with a lot of chars on skelth,i got like 6/7 dimensional blessing,maybe i was not particulary lucky but if rate is the same is not a game-breaking in terms of exp.

1 hour ago, tattor said:

Fact is that daily quests were introduced in antharas patch if i dont go wrong,that means it was YEARS after 1st release and they were introduced to let new ppl catch the others.
Put them on a new server claimed as 1.5 is really stupid,but now u cant even remove them cos some ppl used them a lot and it would not be fair to the others..so it is what it is.
300 days to catch 75 is totally reasonable for a new server(considering normal ppl,not nolifers),it would not be reasonable in a some years old server like skelth when they introduced them.
About aden quest,i made it a lot with a lot of chars on skelth,i got like 6/7 dimensional blessing,maybe i was not particulary lucky but if rate is the same is not a game-breaking in terms of exp.

Should be 3% for the Dimensional Blessing: https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/627254/... Obviously unless they decide to murder the DB drop rate as a sort of damage control, which wouldn't surprise me at slightest, especially since they're dependent on the L2store goodies revenue

Archived