Classic Unscheduled Server Maintenance: Thursday, November 8, 2018

Hime

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • L2 Team
1 minute ago, PeppermintMocha said:

Really curious whose idea it was to shut down the server during the start of prime time when everyone is off work and logs into the game. Was is so urgent that it couldn't wait for the weekly maintenance? What are the standards to bring down a server? Are there any at all?

If there is an important issue that needs to be resolved by a maintenance, we review it. Sometimes things can wait until our regularly scheduled maintenance window, but this one was not one of them.

1 minute ago, Hime said:

If there is an important issue that needs to be resolved by a maintenance, we review it. Sometimes things can wait until our regularly scheduled maintenance window, but this one was not one of them.

Please man, i cant breath, give me a doctor

9 minutes ago, Hime said:

I think this is the best post in the "Nicest post without any actual information" category ever.

Just now, Chii said:

@Hime just a suggestion for next announcement post, turn off the comments.  
These basement-dwellers make the server look more toxic than it already is.   Bad PR.
Tnx for the ongoing hard work!

they'll just make 100000000000 more threads though...honestly I'm beginning to think the servers are overrun by people that wake up and wear their pants on their head, then log into the game.

1 minute ago, fandango said:

I think this is the best post ever in the "Most nice post without any actual information" category ever.

They don't have to tell you a thing tbh as to why an emergency maint. happens.  Just take it as it is.  If they want to address it further they will.

44 minutes ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Thursday, November 8, 2018 at 2pm PDT / 5pm EDT / 2200 GMT+1 for approximately 1 hours.

With this maintenance:

• Address an issue with server load that may cause server instability

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

With all the broken nonsense of this server/game you ppl should be keeping Free teleports until you fix all the problems, thats LITERALLY your own fault, you still have the SP problems for skills of 2nd class transfer that have TOTALLY wrong values. So as a courtesy for your AWFUL AWFUL server errors AWFUL AWFUL abilities to cut and paste or read prior values and states, you owe us. Dont try and do little crap that effects only a small part of the population. Dont fix things like the Sweetest Venom quest, fix things that effect the WHOLE population. Prioritize, theres no way you guys should have your jobs if these obnoxious problems are still going on and your over here fixing nonsense. If i effed up even once a person dies, i effe up twice thats another dead person, you guys have the easiest shit to do and are bleeping up on a day to day bases on something thats BEEN done already, rates,numbers, there are no Variables ALLL values have been done for you they are PRE EXISTING, hell all you had to do was cut and Paste Values. Stop bleeping up.
NEXT: 50% xp/sp is wildly over priced @ 4000?!? wtf, like whos running things for the Classic Server department?  Trump? 

Side note: for those justifying the shit service; if you go to ur neighborhood shop and purchase food advertised as "FRESH" fruit and you get the fruit home open it and its rotten, THATS A BAD PRODUCT. There is NO justification, thats why u bring it back and get an actual product that is FRESH. THIS IS "CLASSIC" Lineage 2...which is NOT classic L2 its bleeping L2 2.0 Beta! FIx Your shit! You can still make money if you do it right, ppl will STILL use the L2 shop ppl because they want the edge, ppl will STILL play cause the game will always have replay value and EVEN after YEARs of existence PPL STILL SUCK and want to get better. So Stop leeching us and fix the game!

"NCSOFT We Encourage you to get your shit together, and stop effing up, your not doing us a "solid" or "charity" its literally your job."

1 minute ago, Lawman said:

In truth, this is a minor inconvenience compared to the down times in the old days.  I think people are screaming here more because of what happened yesterday.  The adena/drop/spoil "Fix" was a joke and neither @Hime nor @Juji has seen fit to even respond to all the (fully warranted) complaints about it.  This "communication" isn't much better.  Outside of saying we'll go down for an hour, there is no content here at all.  I've tried hard to be patient with @Himeand @Juji.  They have a tough job.  But even I'm getting pretty disgusted with their lack of communication.

While I agree with you I don't find it particularly difficult to write more than once a day according to dev tracker)and explain the situation of a video game.Also  most of them are for insignificant issues or maintenance.

It's been 3-4 weeks since the 40+ issue was brought up and so far from what I see I bet you that they have to do this for every single area in the game cus it's not "a few areas are bugged" situation they were probably hoping people would be forced to buy vip4 to survive and wouldn't complain much at least we went from 0.20 to 0.40-0.50 rates if I'm not wrong... Finally it seems their approach is  "maybe they will stop complaining if we ignore them" because I really can't find any other reason on how it takes 2-3 weeks to fix the broken rates.

Archived