Forums

Level 40+ Adena Issue - My experience

Since the servers are down, I figured I'd take the time to make my first post here on Classic.

I'll begin by introducing myself. My name is Demised, I'm the leader of Clan RICE on Aden server. I've played Lineage 2 for a long time, starting with beta into Prelude. I was an original member of RICE on Lionna. I'm currently a level 55 PR running duo with my prophet. Pleasure to be here, and to meet you all.

So I'd like to address the issue based upon my experience in game so far. The NA classic server rates are partially in a really bad state. Now before you jump to conclusions and stop reading. I love Lineage 2, I love classic, I'm going to continue to pay and support the game. My hopes are for things to improve to be a better playing experience for everyone!

So to start with my experience. I'm an archer and plan to solo/duo most of my way to level 70. Which at this point in time seems to be a really big problem. Because as my level increases, the drop rates decrease and so does the adena I acquire per kill. But with my level increasing so does the amount of money I need to spend on SSC and upgrading gear. As everyone knows, when you play anything other than Bounty Hunter. You rely on adena and other drops to fuel your character. So I've been noticing as I level, that I'm losing incredible amounts of money. From the moment I bought an Akat Longbow. I've been using roughly 5,000~6000 SSC an hour. Now lets say I can buy SSC for 16 adena each. I only need to be able to pick up 80,000~96,000 adena an hour. Doesn't seem like that much right? Well after recording how much exp, adena, and drops I make an hour. It's far from sustainable. From adena drops, I make no more than 28k adena an hour. The drops vary from random materials to maybe a very lucky key drop. So let's say I spend just 6 hours level a day. Lets say I only use 5k SSC an hour. For the sake of argument, lets also say I don't get any full drops. Because in 55 levels I haven't gotten a full weapon drop. I've only had some luck with spell books. That calculates to 312,000 adena loss a day. Now a lot of you that recognize me from Aden, know that I play quite often. I grind a lot longer than 6 hours a day. So you can see where the problem comes in to play. Now of course I have a lot of experience in the game, a lot of friends, clan mates, and a lot of good things going on for me. Which makes it possible for me to maintain my current state in Aden as one of the highest levels on the server. I don't know how realistic this reality is for a lot of people who aren't as fortunate as I am.

You would think someone at higher level, who requires higher amounts of resources, would be able to obtain them at a reasonable or at least consistent pace. That just isn't the current state of the game.

Now you might say "Wait didn't they just do an adena fix for high level zones?" Yes and No. As I think everyone here who plays is aware. Only certain areas have been changes. Unfortunately, they been improved but not quite improved to where they need to be. The zones like Enchanted Valley that house level 50-60, 2-3x hp monsters. Still drop less adena than places like Ant Nest and Forgotten Temple. Which are zones that house level 28-36, 2-3x hp monsters. So even if I wanted to group with others and try to make things more efficient on money. The high level group areas still don't cut it.

Unless you get a full item drop at high level, it is extremely hard to be able to sustain yourself. We all know how often those full drops happen.

@Juji @Hime

I call upon the greater powers. Heed my cries. I know you guys are doing your best. I know there are a massive amount of people throwing hate towards your team. On behalf of the community I apologize for the irrational people. As someone who grew up playing Lineage 2. I have a special place in my heart for this game. I want to continue to play, and continue to enjoy your game. I want to see it succeed and flourish for years to come. Please help your community out. Please continue to make the state of the game more enjoyable for everyone.

I've already had to say good bye to many avid and active players. I don't want to see more people lose interest in the game.

Thank you for your time. Thank you for reading

-Demised of RICE

I agree with this, I am only level 45 now but I deleveled from level 50.  I use noble elven bow and after 45 the adena we make just isnt enough to even buy soul shots.  After leveling at 50 for a day I just deleveled because its just not the adena that is messed up at higher levels.  Most high level solo spots have random 2-3x hp mobs sprinkled in that are either a bug or broken.  The 2-3x hp mobs drop less adena and legit usually drop 0 items 100% of the time.  The drop rates on mobs in level 50 areas is so low that maybe after 10 kills I will pick up a stem.  This is not correct.  I still feel the random 2-3x xp mobs should not be a part of solo zones, I do not remember zones being setup like this when I played lineage 2 classic from c1 to c4.

I feel like the development team may of not had enough time to code the higher content properly.  It is just not doable in a solo area, and the group areas seem much worse post 50.  The only answer I have found was to delevel my character to 45 where I can farm efficiently making about 80k adena per hour without drops.  The problem with this is that the drops are so random that they are unreliable.  Anything that is not a material seems to have a drop rate exponent that is decreasing the drop much lower than the .01% -.05%.  I can kill over 400 monsters per hour and sometimes I do not even get 1 drop of any type.  

I am not complaining for an immediate fix, but I would like to be informed as to if the areas are indeed bugged.  It makes no sense at all to have aggro 2-3x mobs mixed into single hp mobs.  These 2x-3x mobs also do not usually drop any items and drop the same amount of adena that the 1x mobs drop.  Some clarification would be fantastic for us that are grinding 50+ areas.  

• L2 Team

Thank you for your well written post. As you've pointed out, we've adjusted the rate scaling for a few zones that had the most questionable rates. Based on the feedback seen, we understand it was not a satisfactory result, but it is what we can address at this time. We're a bit in the middle of the road here because I can't promise there will or won't be future changes.

I can say though to continue to post your concerns as you have done today (and like many others have done). I won't always have an immediate response, but the moderation team and I read almost everything, and escalate issues up the chain for review.

Good guy Demised.

There needs to be more down to earth posts like this and less of the ones that just insult the team managing the game as best as they possibly could at this current moment.  Players often forget that they're people too and just browsing the forums it's a miracle none have developed a nervous twitch.

I'm not quite where Demised is lvl wise, I'm a 46 SR duoing with a BD and WC and we've been fortunate with full drops and I'm just about to get my first C grade bow.  One thing that's kept us afloat is the fact that we've also been using Ncoin to sustain our need for DSS as we did for NGSS before the rates were adjusted the first time around.  Our current concern is CSS, and our original plan was to simply upkeep our VIP4, buy SS through the shop until the market matured enough and prices came down for SS and gear...but as it stands it's still not enough even with our supplementing.

Our duo is also made up of open beta players and we also hold a soft spot for this silly game and wish to see it flourish.  But I also have hope that the staff is going to keep doing their best to try and smooth/balance things out.

• L2 Team
2 minutes ago, jumbo said:

I am not complaining for an immediate fix, but I would like to be informed as to if the areas are indeed bugged.  It makes no sense at all to have aggro 2-3x mobs mixed into single hp mobs.  These 2x-3x mobs also do not usually drop any items and drop the same amount of adena that the 1x mobs drop.  Some clarification would be fantastic for us that are grinding 50+ areas.  

That is a fair concern. The safe answer (not the best answer) is that it's intended, but it's worth looking into.

12 minutes ago, Hime said:

That is a fair concern. The safe answer (not the best answer) is that it's intended, but it's worth looking into.

Is there any logical reason you can share that solo players being nerfed? Or does this come from the higher ups.

8 minutes ago, Hime said:

Thanks for the reply.  I do not really have a problem with these types of mobs cause they are avoidable and are a great natural bot deterrent.

27 minutes ago, Hime said:

Thank you for your well written post. As you've pointed out, we've adjusted the rate scaling for a few zones that had the most questionable rates. Based on the feedback seen, we understand it was not a satisfactory result, but it is what we can address at this time. We're a bit in the middle of the road here because I can't promise there will or won't be future changes.

I can say though to continue to post your concerns as you have done today (and like many others have done). I won't always have an immediate response, but the moderation team and I read almost everything, and escalate issues up the chain for review.

Thank you for your response.  Honestly, though, you had to know you were only doing a few group areas and doing nothing about the equally bad solo areas, including the spellbook areas about which there has been so much protest here.  It would have saved a lot of frustration and trouble if you had just been up front about that.  Instead of presenting the solution totally without comment (resulting in a firestorm of protest) imagine the reaction if you had said, "'We've adjusted the rate scaling for a few zones that had the most questionable rates.'  We continue to look into the rates in other areas.  'I can't promise there will or won't be future changes' but we have 'escalate[d] up the chain for review' the issues that have been raised in this forum.  Thank you for your input and, please, "continue to post your concerns.'"  You would have said no more or less than you just said above, but the changes would have been so much better received. 

so realy for ncsoft is doesnt matters the people who play alone in lvl 40, because if they know the issue, and fixed (but some places) la lot of places for  players who plays alone have disventage right know.

what is "but it is what we can address at this time"?  wake up ncsoft, have more tan 50% of community giving bad feedback for yours faults and yours bad  fixes  and u move like a turtle

39 minutes ago, Hime said:

NA classic should have same rates like EU/RUS classic. Really, just request that change and everyone will be happy, and you will still sell many NCCoins. Really.

13 minutes ago, ImmonsC1 said:

NA classic should have same rates like EU/RUS classic. Really, just request that change and everyone will be happy, and you will still sell many NCCoins. Really.

same rates? lol. We have F2P model, not P2P, this is why we wont have same rates.

and about topic, just farm without SSC ;) or use D bow. Even SLB is enough for EV. But overall I agree that adena drop should be adjusted properly: higher lvl/hp factor mobs = more adena, NCSoft should or reduce adena in 25-35 locations (OB, FT, AN), or increase it in all other locations (and ofc not only in locations made for parties, but also for solo players). 

53 minutes ago, Hime said:

Thank you for your response! It is much appreciated. I completely understand everything regarding this topic is sensitive information. As much as everyone would like a definitive answer and to hear that the problems will be solved tomorrow. We can be rational and reasonable here. It warms my heard to know that you guys are aware of problems in the game and hope you're able to come about with fixes in due time.

We have a great community here, I've played with a lot of them and talked to even more. Give the people a Lineage 2 classic they can happily play and I promise you the support will come flowing in like a Tsunami. Make Lineage 2 NA Classic great!!

1 hour ago, Hime said:

Thumbs up 

7 minutes ago, Hitogoroshi said:

same rates? lol. We have F2P model, not P2P, this is why we wont have same rates.

and about topic, just farm without SSC ;) or use D bow. Even SLB is enough for EV. But overall I agree that adena drop should be adjusted properly: higher lvl/hp factor mobs = more adena, NCSoft should or reduce adena in 25-35 locations (OB, FT, AN), or increase it in all other locations (and ofc not only in locations made for parties, but also for solo players). 

I don't know your game experience. But farming as an archer without SS is a horrible experience. But lets say I do. Killing mobs at my level, or even 6 levels lower in solo spots. That would take an average of 10-14 arrows depending on crits and such. Which means the mobs are going to take 2-3 times longer to kill. Which means Instead of getting 28k~ adena an hour I'll be making less. Not to mention archers wear light, and don't have any sustain, so it's likely that will result in down time. That isn't a solution to any problem. Using a bow without SS on 2-3x hp mobs isn't realistic at all. So we're not even going to go there.

Using a D bow on high level mobs will result in nearly the same thing. Slower killing, slower adena gain, but still almost the same adena used on SSD. That isn't a solution.

The only solution to my problem is to continue making money the way I do. Which isn't fun for me, but I must do it to continue to play and enjoy the game the way I like to play. So right now, I'm forced to play half the time doing what I don't enjoy. Just so I can do the things I do enjoy.

The real solution to the problem is a balanced game with appropriate rates.

maybe aswell they can understand what is going on with some spots from high level mobs if u include screenshots or videos , so they can look into it .. as my experience  , im now 49 and killing mobs 46-48 in forest of mirrors , so the adena is around 90-250 min and max .. but if u go to mobs lv 37-39 in death pass , they drop the same adena and has higher chances to drop mats/parts with same chances as the mobs from forest of mirrors . aswell from krators lv 44 in cruma tower x4 healt giving 1.2k adena as max and these mobs 46-48 x1 health and higher level not even give the 25% of the adena from krators .. SOS is adena sink unless u get any book or full drop and and that is barely happening . i'll make some examples down there

orc barracks , 

Orc prefect/priest/elder 30/29/34 lvls healt x2 has the same drop of adena around 150-450 good ammount of mats 

Death pass-hardins private ,

road scavenger/fettered soul (health x2 )/winsus/grandis 37/38/39/40 lvls has around 120-250 adena drop x1 health mobs and 150-450 adena drop x2 health ..

Forest of mirrors .

ghosts 46/47/48 lvls healt x1 dropping around 90-250 adena and almost no mats 

https://ibb.co/ey8O2q

https://ibb.co/gzMXvA

https://ibb.co/j1X5FA

this is so far the item drop/adena from 1h of farming in ghosts (solo character)

@Hime @Juji

So basically because a very small percentage is leveling at these areas the higher ups(and that's obviously not the community managers @Juji @Hime) don't really care or think they can ignore it  for now which wasn't possible at the start since pretty much almost everyone was 15-20 and there were way more people complaining.

So all these higher ups care about is "noise"  because there is no way anyone could possibly think  that its logical for a level 30 mob to drop the SAME or LESS adena from a 2x/3x mob 50+.Btw I remember making 30k an hour at level 30 sure I had really good gear but come on...
This is obviously broken   I'm certain it was intended on release before people flipped about the rates because the adena scaling would have made more sense maybe a buff for the higher lvl areas would be needed but still.I guess there is no point asking this but when you buff level 20-40 areas and at the same time level 50 areas are untouched so they give less than these areas should't the higher upshave buffed every single mob in the game by the same amount ? I mean what did they expect  ? They release a 0.10x 0.20x server and think that mobs from 0-40should be  0.50x and 40-70 should be 0.10 0.20x ?!

Finally if we want  to do something about this server we have to keep posting in the forums until it gets fixed  just like @DemisedofRice  did no need to get frustrated at Juji and Hime  because its not their fault they are just the messengers don't shoot them

4 hours ago, Hime said:

That's not really acceptable.

Right now mobs at level 30 are giving more than mobs at level 50+. If there will be no future changes, then I'd kindly ask you to let us know now, because I'll be contacting paypal to retrieve the $200 I've spent.

7 hours ago, jumbo said:

I would say you guys are just carebears, but Korea did actually decide Chronicle-ish mob spawns & behavior should be changed:

V5nhyqt.png

- No more aggroing someone who is attacking a monster nearby
- No more aggroing as player moves nearby
- No more magic skill usage

1. Windmill Hill
  2. Wasteland
  3. AC
  4. Execution Grounds
  5. Cruma Marshlands
  6. Ant Nest
  7. Gorgon's Flower Garden
  8. Death Pass
  9. IT Crater
  10. SoSp
  11. Cemetery
  12. Enchanted Valley
  13. Fields of Massacre
  14. Plains of Glory (around Aden)
  15. War-Torn Plains (around Aden)
  16. Silent Valley
  17. The Patriot's Necropolis
  18. Catacomb of the Forbidden Path

As mentioned above, either the game has been configured hastily or has been intentionally configured the way it is, to minimize the damage caused by the bots since we all see dozens or not hundreds of bots daily, farming in solo areas and thus generating a black market that is highly viable and profitable (it is not ethical and much less legal, but in the current situation many have joined the cause)
I believe that the team responsible for "balancing" Adena / Drop / XP / SP are not thinking clearly, when editing only the "party areas" in this last update.
In doing so, you simply showed bots the level they need to be and where to be to really make money. 

People who are at level 45+ are simply investing or better saying paying for level up, some use low level bots, others buy adena on websites or others create new characters and put them up to level 40, or simply in a joint effort they get resources for not all grow up, just a few, and in the future they help those who have fallen behind, anyway, reaching the top is now almost a dream, and that is a negative point that discourages many reaching 50+, eventually going to stop play and the community will only decrease.

In my point of view, you are more concerned with preventing bots from making money, rather than the players themselves who after all have developed the game only for them, not the bots !
I suggest that you correct the solo players areas in a way that at least pays for the use of SS and maybe with luck the person can make a cash taking a drop full and put some active GM's to manually check bot activity. since it is more than proven, xigncode does not work!

I take the opportunity to say that I was banned yesterday, I play as a blade dancer, I'm sure I was banned by some flawed algorithm, which collects some information like logged time, amount of reports and amount of trade involving adena.
I just can not evolve solo in the same way that a mage or archer can, and not to be left behind I created several characters in the same account and put them in level 20 to get some  adena that generates from 1 to 20 (30k ~ 50k) and 10 steel using the clan coins that I will use to make my weapon.
I never used any kind of bot or hack, and I never bought adena for money, so much so that I undertook to do that, which in my view is absurd, but if I did not, I would be stagnant.

8 hours ago, DemisedofRice said:

I don't know your game experience. But farming as an archer without SS is a horrible experience. But lets say I do. Killing mobs at my level, or even 6 levels lower in solo spots. That would take an average of 10-14 arrows depending on crits and such. Which means the mobs are going to take 2-3 times longer to kill. Which means Instead of getting 28k~ adena an hour I'll be making less. Not to mention archers wear light, and don't have any sustain, so it's likely that will result in down time. That isn't a solution to any problem. Using a bow without SS on 2-3x hp mobs isn't realistic at all. So we're not even going to go there.

Using a D bow on high level mobs will result in nearly the same thing. Slower killing, slower adena gain, but still almost the same adena used on SSD. That isn't a solution.

I see,  you rly have a "high" game experience :D what else to expect from Rice player. In 1.0 classic everyone farmed without SS and there was no problem ;) there is such thing as party. and ye, I rofled from you phrase about D bows. You rly didn't tried it :D 40-50% adena is left from any mob as income after buying ss and arrows. (in "fixed" locations, and yes, they all farmable solo)

10 hours ago, Hime said:

What about the fact that a vip4 mage farms more mats than a spoiler in 1 hour farm. Isnt that a huge unbalance?

@Hime  You can always adjust the vip lvl 4 to include more % to make it worthwhile to stay vip lvl 4.

I am a warlord and not effected by the adena drops as much as other people.  But I do notice a vast difference that will not be sustainable for most people.  And I think overtime it will cause a decreases in population.  Is there no way to grab drop rates from the EU server?  They had very good drop rates, just decreases them to .75% and make it where vip 4 is worth maintaing.

17 hours ago, DemisedofRice said:

Since the servers are down, I figured I'd take the time to make my first post here on Classic.

I'll begin by introducing myself. My name is Demised, I'm the leader of Clan RICE on Aden server. I've played Lineage 2 for a long time, starting with beta into Prelude. I was an original member of RICE on Lionna. I'm currently a level 55 PR running duo with my prophet. Pleasure to be here, and to meet you all.

So I'd like to address the issue based upon my experience in game so far. The NA classic server rates are partially in a really bad state. Now before you jump to conclusions and stop reading. I love Lineage 2, I love classic, I'm going to continue to pay and support the game. My hopes are for things to improve to be a better playing experience for everyone!

So to start with my experience. I'm an archer and plan to solo/duo most of my way to level 70. Which at this point in time seems to be a really big problem. Because as my level increases, the drop rates decrease and so does the adena I acquire per kill. But with my level increasing so does the amount of money I need to spend on SSC and upgrading gear. As everyone knows, when you play anything other than Bounty Hunter. You rely on adena and other drops to fuel your character. So I've been noticing as I level, that I'm losing incredible amounts of money. From the moment I bought an Akat Longbow. I've been using roughly 5,000~6000 SSC an hour. Now lets say I can buy SSC for 16 adena each. I only need to be able to pick up 80,000~96,000 adena an hour. Doesn't seem like that much right? Well after recording how much exp, adena, and drops I make an hour. It's far from sustainable. From adena drops, I make no more than 28k adena an hour. The drops vary from random materials to maybe a very lucky key drop. So let's say I spend just 6 hours level a day. Lets say I only use 5k SSC an hour. For the sake of argument, lets also say I don't get any full drops. Because in 55 levels I haven't gotten a full weapon drop. I've only had some luck with spell books. That calculates to 312,000 adena loss a day. Now a lot of you that recognize me from Aden, know that I play quite often. I grind a lot longer than 6 hours a day. So you can see where the problem comes in to play. Now of course I have a lot of experience in the game, a lot of friends, clan mates, and a lot of good things going on for me. Which makes it possible for me to maintain my current state in Aden as one of the highest levels on the server. I don't know how realistic this reality is for a lot of people who aren't as fortunate as I am.

You would think someone at higher level, who requires higher amounts of resources, would be able to obtain them at a reasonable or at least consistent pace. That just isn't the current state of the game.

Now you might say "Wait didn't they just do an adena fix for high level zones?" Yes and No. As I think everyone here who plays is aware. Only certain areas have been changes. Unfortunately, they been improved but not quite improved to where they need to be. The zones like Enchanted Valley that house level 50-60, 2-3x hp monsters. Still drop less adena than places like Ant Nest and Forgotten Temple. Which are zones that house level 28-36, 2-3x hp monsters. So even if I wanted to group with others and try to make things more efficient on money. The high level group areas still don't cut it.

Unless you get a full item drop at high level, it is extremely hard to be able to sustain yourself. We all know how often those full drops happen.

@Juji @Hime

I call upon the greater powers. Heed my cries. I know you guys are doing your best. I know there are a massive amount of people throwing hate towards your team. On behalf of the community I apologize for the irrational people. As someone who grew up playing Lineage 2. I have a special place in my heart for this game. I want to continue to play, and continue to enjoy your game. I want to see it succeed and flourish for years to come. Please help your community out. Please continue to make the state of the game more enjoyable for everyone.

I've already had to say good bye to many avid and active players. I don't want to see more people lose interest in the game.

Thank you for your time. Thank you for reading

-Demised of RICE

Bows have always consumed a ton of SS. Most archers on retail only used a bow for pvp and leveled up with a dagger for the very reasons you are spending 5k CSS an hour. Maybe it could be 2kCSS an hour with a dagger for the same XP and adena.

Adena rates are not that great, but they aren't that horrible either. Consider your playstyle. The fact that you even have millions of adena to buy CG gear says something about the ability you have to farm.

Archived