Dont even know if its worth even playing

Warsmith

Before the stupid people like sumtingwong and lin whatever start there crap, I do nothing but play legit with 2 boxes, a se and a wc, I have spent at least 4-500 dollars on exp items, scrolls, fruits, ng and d grade shots, etc etc, on this account and a lot on my other accounts. my main had around 14-15k vip points, my se has 7k and my wc has around 5k, i know maybe i'm dumb for spending so much money, but its my characters and i can spend it as i want. Irrigardless, i do not bot or account share, i dont even log anything on a seperate computer, same ip and computer since day 1, with chronicle packs on 3 accounts and vip 4 ever since, my main could be vip 4 for months with as much coin i have bought. But, I come home from work today and server has restarted. My main is shown still sitting in Giran in shop, haven't sold anything today. Went to login and get this Due to suspicious activity, this account has been locked. Please contact support at appeal@ncsoft.com " 

If i get my account back, since i have done Nothing wrong. I am not sure i want to invest 1 more penny in VIP, is it really even worth playing this game i love, with a chance some stupid RNG system might lock my account and i lose everything i worked for? I came here for the love of old school l2, had a lot of fun pvping, grinding, dying, etc etc. But, now i question if theres a chance randomly i will be screwed again, for nothing on my part. just chillin' enjoying the game. I would welcome a temp ban for talking crap, sometimes my mouth overloads and i say something i shouldnt. But, locked without ryme or reason. this just blows my mind. Between my accounts I have spent a lot, but if theres the chance randomly to get screwed for no reason. I think i might take my money elsewhere. Might even go back to playing classic on skelth, where at least people arent banned on a whim for nothing. Theres my rant, idgaf if dissenters start throwing the bullvrap responses. I'll keep posting, my next step is emailing every single person that works there, then going to the Better Business Bureau, see if I can get my money back. If @Admin @Juji @Hime cares they can message me or respond to my tickets appropriately. I will message them my account login name that was locked. not posting it publically sorry.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My toon when i left for work was sitting in Giran on TI, with 2 items up for sale, sometime while at work the server had went down, i come home, tried to login, get the above message on attempting to login. Yes its a dwarf, yes its a warsmith.

The suspicious activity was a common thing even before classic started. Just write to appeal@ncsoft.com and they will remove it.

If you use an untrusted email provider (e.g. something else than gmail), your new account(s) are guaranteed end up locked in a day or two. Otherwise, it is somewhat random whether you will get this lock or not.

Got all my 3 accounts locked on in this wave of locking accounts an hour or so ago.

What will do is this, already wrote to appeal, will get back my accounts then the game will be just uninstalled. I do not think it is worth to waste time in a game when your accoun(s) can be locked on anytime just like that, by mistake. Cool, you can get back your accounts back but and there is a chance you can get a perma ban as a bonus as well.

4 hours ago, Warsmith said:

Before the stupid people like sumtingwong and lin whatever start there crap, I do nothing but play legit with 2 boxes, a se and a wc, I have spent at least 4-500 dollars on exp items, scrolls, fruits, ng and d grade shots, etc etc, on this account and a lot on my other accounts. my main had around 14-15k vip points, my se has 7k and my wc has around 5k, i know maybe i'm dumb for spending so much money, but its my characters and i can spend it as i want. Irrigardless, i do not bot or account share, i dont even log anything on a seperate computer, same ip and computer since day 1, with chronicle packs on 3 accounts and vip 4 ever since, my main could be vip 4 for months with as much coin i have bought. But, I come home from work today and server has restarted. My main is shown still sitting in Giran in shop, haven't sold anything today. Went to login and get this Due to suspicious activity, this account has been locked. Please contact support at appeal@ncsoft.com " 

If i get my account back, since i have done Nothing wrong. I am not sure i want to invest 1 more penny in VIP, is it really even worth playing this game i love, with a chance some stupid RNG system might lock my account and i lose everything i worked for? I came here for the love of old school l2, had a lot of fun pvping, grinding, dying, etc etc. But, now i question if theres a chance randomly i will be screwed again, for nothing on my part. just chillin' enjoying the game. I would welcome a temp ban for talking crap, sometimes my mouth overloads and i say something i shouldnt. But, locked without ryme or reason. this just blows my mind. Between my accounts I have spent a lot, but if theres the chance randomly to get screwed for no reason. I think i might take my money elsewhere. Might even go back to playing classic on skelth, where at least people arent banned on a whim for nothing. Theres my rant, idgaf if dissenters start throwing the bullvrap responses. I'll keep posting, my next step is emailing every single person that works there, then going to the Better Business Bureau, see if I can get my money back. If @Admin @Juji @Hime cares they can message me or respond to my tickets appropriately. I will message them my account login name that was locked. not posting it publically sorry.

I'm doing the same, going to submit a complaint to BBB and see what happens. Playing since day 1, farming my as off with 2x VIP 4's and bam 3rd time banned for no reason in 1 month. First time it was 'payments', second time it was some idiots reporting me for no reason and even though I entered captcha I got the ban and now... god knows. However, all I know is that there are real Adrenaline bots in Cruma, FT, Ivory and Hardins that I see every day who farm without any troubles. We could perhaps even file a joint complaint and request NCWest to provide some evidence on how they decide to lock peoples' accounts and what evidence they have for doing it. 

5 hours ago, Warsmith said:

too late the Wong is coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE!

Had a buddy get caught up in the banwave last night, but you know what he did?  He went to the support site and used the system in place instead of coming to the forums to cry like a biitch. 

Perhaps you believed the old wives tale of "If I spend enough NCoin, I will be free to bot as I like" ? 

Maybe you bought a little adena from some RMT?  

Maybe you are truly innocent and simply got caught up as a mistake.  Who knows?  Only you, buddy... only you.  

It's annoying to get locked out, yes. But if 25 innocents get caught up and temporarily locked out,  while 500 cheaters get banned, then that's worth it imo.

3 hours ago, Cld said:

Did you RMT?

1 hour ago, mixa said:

Don't bot and you won't have any problems.
Also seeing someone trying so hard to gain advantage spending 500+ bucks in a month, I'm almost sure he also bought adena and botted hard.Well deserved.

congratulations, you two win the prize of being named the Firstt 2 assumption A-holes, you even beat sumtingwong to it, which is hard to do. he musta not been online at the time.  I don't rmt or bot, and as for spending that much on ncoin, i have a great job and can afford to spend what i want. because of the drop situation i spent a lot on soulshots and buffs. but, still irrelevent. i have done nothing wrong. idgaf about your opinon,

Gonna be honest with you, someone that spends so much money over 3 different accounts is bound to buy adena sooner or later.Im gonna go ahead and say you bougth some adena, they followed the trail and you got banned. Tough luck

Also, everyone that is getting their accounts locked is creating threads claiming they spent over 500 bucks in the game already. This information is irrelevant and might hurt your defense because to me it seems like you're implying that spending alot of money should give you special treatment or something.

Just now, Zenyar said:

Gonna be honest with you, someone that spends so much money over 3 different accounts is bound to buy adena sooner or later.

Im gonna go ahead and say you bougth some adena, they followed the trail and you got banned. Tough luck

i made a warsmith, craft 90% of what i have

8 minutes ago, Warsmith said:

congratulations, you two win the prize of being named the Firstt 2 assumption A-holes, you even beat sumtingwong to it, which is hard to do. he musta not been online at the time.  I don't rmt or bot, and as for spending that much on ncoin, i have a great job and can afford to spend what i want. because of the drop situation i spent a lot on soulshots and buffs. but, still irrelevent. i have done nothing wrong. idgaf about your opinon,

Hey buddy, that's all well and good that you have a great job and can spend all the money you want.  Me too.  So what, though?  What does any of that have to do with the fact that you got banned?

It's because you feel that since you spent more, you should get preferential treatment.  Which is fine, really, but you didn't and you got caught.  

Sucks, brotato.  Just remake and play cleanly next time.  

10 minutes ago, Zenyar said:

Also, everyone that is getting their accounts locked is creating threads claiming they spent over 500 bucks in the game already. This information is irrelevant and might hurt your defense because to me it seems like you're implying that spending alot of money should give you special treatment or something.

i am pretty sure there are a lot of people who spent way more spamming shots and scrolls than 500 dollars than i have, i know of some friends that dont even use a support buffer and just buy shots from ncoin

3 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

You obviously read these forums on a regular basis... how can you not know that response times are into the "72 hours to 96 hours" realm?

why do you have so much invested in naysay? and if you were the one that has been done wrong, for absolutely nothing on your part? you would not let up either. anyone can tell by your timely responses to things unrelated to you, that you would be blowing forums, etc. up if it happened to you. 

6 minutes ago, Warsmith said:

why do you have so much invested in naysay? and if you were the one that has been done wrong, for absolutely nothing on your part? you would not let up either. anyone can tell by your timely responses to things unrelated to you, that you would be blowing forums, etc. up if it happened to you. 

So the guy gets banned for breaking the rules, then submits a support ticket.

After he is displeased with response time so he breaks the code of conduct on the forums trying to make support look at his ticket faster.

So as a bystander it looks like he is cool with breaking the rules to get his way.

1 minute ago, LightRider said:

So the guy gets banned for breaking the rules, then submits a support ticket.

After he is displeased with response time so he breaks the code of conduct on the forums trying to make support look at his ticket faster.

So as a bystander it looks like he is cool with breaking the rules to get his way.

Exactly.  If someone shows a blatant disregard for the rules, when he can't get his way, why would we believe him that he wouldn't do the same thing in game?  

Which is why no one believes him when he says he is innocent.

Not that I really care whether he is or not, it's just a forum for a game, and I get bored at work lmao

1 minute ago, SumTingWong said:

Exactly.  If someone shows a blatant disregard for the rules, when he can't get his way, why would we believe him that he wouldn't do the same thing in game?  

Which is why no one believes him when he says he is innocent.

Not that I really care whether he is or not, it's just a forum for a game, and I get bored at work lmao

so instead your "trolling" which is no worse than me being pissed about being done wrong. idc if you believe me or not.

25 minutes ago, Warsmith said:

so instead your "trolling" which is no worse than me being pissed about being done wrong. idc if you believe me or not.

I'm not trolling you, my friend.  I am simply discussing a topic.  That you, yourself posted.  On a public forum for the game we collectively play. 

You know, it's almost like a discussion board.

You're the one that posted it, not I.

Archived