Returning to Orc Barracks

gvue88

Hi Friends!

I recently reached 40+ but since im broke af and the mobs i kill only drop 100-300 adena Im about to D-lvl my ass and return my broke ass back to OB!!!! "Lets-a-GO" catch me at OB doe! if you feeling broke af d-lvl and return to OB as well so we can fight for the tiny camp spots 8D......<3 :xOrc Barracks Forever:x <3 Never leaving this place again :D 

Just now, Lawman said:

Why delevel?  Just start a new character to farm OB or wherever is best to generate adena to support your main.

Well, in my case, I got a bit too far ahead of most of my clan :P

That, and as you get higher, your cat recharge gets a lot lower, so i wasn't ready for that lmao

11 hours ago, gvue88 said:

Hi Friends!

I recently reached 40+ but since im broke af and the mobs i kill only drop 100-300 adena Im about to D-lvl my ass and return my broke ass back to OB!!!! "Lets-a-GO" catch me at OB doe! if you feeling broke af d-lvl and return to OB as well so we can fight for the tiny camp spots 8D......<3 :xOrc Barracks Forever:x <3 Never leaving this place again :D 

That's whats going on where you dont know to farm properly. At Ant nest you can still farm adena and a lot, 500-800 per Ant Noble Captain: 38lvl. You can farm there till 44 by sure. If you manage to get a good spot, fill with your buffer and yourself with all the goodies you need and you wont move unless you wana do dailies and dungeons. Im farming there 200k+ per day(4-5h session) not counting the costs of potions and shots. As fast you improve your weapon faster you can earn more adena. Any drop(full item) from the Captains is 100k+ adena worth. Obviously you need to fight, pk and protect your spot, but you manage to maintain it....then my friend...you can get some nice adena for a week. Starting at Ant Nest beeing 32+ and farming adena till 44 its a long way but by the end of the grind you'll have some drops and milloins.

Take the advice...

3 hours ago, dorukasama said:

Take the advice...

As I recall, these captains usually twin-spawn and hit extra hard (can easily take down a B grader with BW heavy - dealing at least 70 damage per normal hit - so 140/normal hit when two are attacking). Ofc, this can easily be remedied by using a box to heal on top of VR. What worries me is that in a fair share of spawns, there are plenty of x2 HP poison-casting ants around them (Warrior Captains, Soldiers - extremely hard to interrupt their casting). Considering Cure Poison spell is really slow (and I mean it, Karmian Set + Acumen 2 and it is SLOOOOW), do you stack up on Greater Antidotes to deal with that? Do you kill them in party with >1 DD?

Or perhaps there are other spots deeper in Ant Nest where you can avoid poison?

6 hours ago, Devoid said:

As I recall, these captains usually twin-spawn and hit extra hard (can easily take down a B grader with BW heavy - dealing at least 70 damage per normal hit - so 140/normal hit when two are attacking). Ofc, this can easily be remedied by using a box to heal on top of VR. What worries me is that in a fair share of spawns, there are plenty of x2 HP poison-casting ants around them (Warrior Captains, Soldiers - extremely hard to interrupt their casting). Considering Cure Poison spell is really slow (and I mean it, Karmian Set + Acumen 2 and it is SLOOOOW), do you stack up on Greater Antidotes to deal with that? Do you kill them in party with >1 DD?

Or perhaps there are other spots deeper in Ant Nest where you can avoid poison?

I solo in duo with PP at spot with only Ant Noble Captains and Noble Ants.  Easy with a Destro...no poison no nothing..just heal now and then. All you need is damage to take them down fast so you wont be low hp for the captain.

6 hours ago, Devoid said:

As I recall, these captains usually twin-spawn and hit extra hard

You don't recall very well. If you really have Karmian (and a good weapon), you can take the first lvl of ant nest without a problem and with a huge profit.

Me, with Moon-Goat and buffs from a lvl 30 prophet have no problem at all to solo. 

19 minutes ago, LinaInverse said:

You don't recall very well. If you really have Karmian (and a good weapon), you can take the first lvl of ant nest without a problem and with a huge profit.

Me, with Moon-Goat and buffs from a lvl 30 prophet have no problem at all to solo. 

Ah, but you are 40+ then, am I correct? I wonder if level 40+ gives so many PDef (it does give a lot more HP though).

22 minutes ago, dorukasama said:

I solo in duo with PP at spot with only Ant Noble Captains and Noble Ants.  Easy with a Destro...no poison no nothing..just heal now and then. All you need is damage to take them down fast so you wont be low hp for the captain.

What level is your PP and what buffs do you use? I thought I might need to go deeper in, since those poison casters are cancer, not the damage from normal hits.

Namely, I found 2x NACs in Wasteland (either a faulty spawn or someone lured them out) while running with a level 29 Palus Knight (396 P.Atk/699 P.Def) and I needed 3 heals casted on me due to how much damage the 2x NACs were doing.

EDIT: besides poison (as that requires Cure Poison cast and an occasional heal), I can keep killing Ant Warrior Captains, Ant Soldiers, Ant Recruits, Ant Patrols and Ant Guards nonstop with VR 1.

16 minutes ago, FullYang said:

I think there is always a chance you drop an item even if you are not in a PK state

Nope, this was modified to make sure nobody can drop an item unless they have negative rep and a PK count of at least 4. This feature is NCwest-exclusive.

36 minutes ago, Sourimares said:

Hi everyone! First post here.

2 relative questions about d lvling : 

1. Is there a chance to drop something from your bag or of your equiped items when you die?

2. Is it against rules to d lvl? 

1. Only if you have negative rep (karma)
  2. No
  3. You will start un-learning skills (skill levels) once you drop 4 or more levels below when it was learned.

On 11/9/2018 at 12:02 PM, Sakumi said:

I wish the guards would hit you back, makes deleveling 100x faster.

On 11/9/2018 at 12:13 PM, Glock said:

In gludio they do, I tried one and he killed me

I tried this and it didn't work, at least the eight guards I tried didn't.

So far, the easiest way to delevel I've found is to go to Gludio and port to Windamill Manor and hit the Basilisks or Skeletons that are close to the port spot.

You respawn in Gludio so it's easy to rinse and repeat....about a bazillion times... 

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:12 PM, burgerking said:

no point to delevel mate. get to 40 and spam dungeon + exp scrolls daily  while rolling new char if u want to farm/exp/ have fun with .  delevel is pointless imo

You are doing yourself a major disservice by only using the daily xp scrolls to level yourself up. You will find they grant no SP so your lvl 40 skills for example will not be effective against lvl 50+ mobs. If you scroll your way up to say 50+, you will not be able to kill mobs of appropriate level for SP. Same concept if your consistently xping using overhit for extra xp. Only option is to get carried for SP, blow more adena on shots than you would otherwise not need to, or de-level. The scrolls, imo, are there to supplement xp loss from deaths, pvp, etc.

Archived