Treasure Hunter - light or heavy?

Jari

I wonder, what kind of armor set will be better for daggers - light or heavy. In some opinion evasion did not work as well as we expect  - especially in PvE. So im just wonder the opinion of other Players. Thanks for all advices!

Not sure what's up with the formatting on your post, but...

I went heavy.  If you're always in groups, plated leather is a fine option at C grade, but heavy will be better defensively, evasion isn't good enough to make up for the lost pdef.

On 09/11/2018 at 9:44 PM, xmot said:

Not sure what's up with the formatting on your post, but...

I went heavy.  If you're always in groups, plated leather is a fine option at C grade, but heavy will be better defensively, evasion isn't good enough to make up for the lost pdef.

But you don't have an heavy armor passive, do you not care about the critical damage reduction from the light armor passive ?

Btw, do you have an easy time finding pt as a treasure hunter ? Do you use a pole or something ?

5 hours ago, Grimblee said:

But you don't have an heavy armor passive, do you not care about the critical damage reduction from the light armor passive ?

Btw, do you have an easy time finding pt as a treasure hunter ? Do you use a pole or something ?

Crit dmg. reduction might be worthwhile in pvp, for pve it just doesn't matter and even without the passive, you get more pdef in heavy.

Low level parties are all aoe, starting at cruma there are a few more melee groups that will take you.  No, don't use a pole, mostly solo'd up to that point

14 hours ago, xmot said:

Crit dmg. reduction might be worthwhile in pvp, for pve it just doesn't matter and even without the passive, you get more pdef in heavy.

Low level parties are all aoe, starting at cruma there are a few more melee groups that will take you.  No, don't use a pole, mostly solo'd up to that point

my, soloing up to that point is impressive for sure, I've been AOE-ing my way through 20-30 and I still think it was (too) long xD 

Well I remember seeing ppl playing daggers with heavy on privates, though I was living the wind rider dream on my side, trying to have the highest possible evasion.

On ‎13‎. ‎11‎. ‎2018 at 10:34 AM, Grimblee said:

my, soloing up to that point is impressive for sure, I've been AOE-ing my way through 20-30 and I still think it was (too) long xD 

Well I remember seeing ppl playing daggers with heavy on privates, though I was living the wind rider dream on my side, trying to have the highest possible evasion.

Daggers lvlup either as meele or as an archer. If you chose to lvlup with bow go for pl set and keep it until you change weapon. You should farm inside an archer party and there is no need for tankiness. As a meele most daggers go heavy+shield because evasion against monster doesnt really work. Some keep the heavy even for pvp but that is everyone's own choice. The evasion against skills doesn't really work either except for ue.

Has anyone actually measured the damage they receive with heavy vs light armor? Not the final p.def (congratulations, p.def with heavy is always bigger) but the actual damage they receive during long pve?

I mean the damage received with plain heavy armor p.def VS light armor p.def + light armor mastery bonus p.def + bonus evasion + critical reduction+lvl15 passive? During a 20min buff round.

25 minutes ago, Tzeo said:

Has anyone actually measured the damage they receive with heavy vs light armor? Not the final p.def (congratulations, p.def with heavy is always bigger) but the actual damage they receive during long pve?

I mean the damage received with plain heavy armor p.def VS light armor p.def + light armor mastery bonus p.def + bonus evasion + critical reduction+lvl15 passive? During a 20min buff round.

Light sux , ill runing with chain hood set + shield (kinda nice blockl rate)  with light need much more healing etc

2 hours ago, Tzeo said:

I think none really tried :P

Archived