Reporting Scammers, Bots, & Adena Sellers

Hime

• L2 Team

Scammers
There are unfortunately unsavory individuals looking to make a quick Adena by gaining your trust or by misrepresenting what they are trying to sell or buy.

The best way not to get scammed is to be extremely careful. Take an extra look before pressing okay, and be aware of the potential risks you’re taking on. Be wary of any character who asks to talk about a trade outside of game (Via Facebook, Discord, Skype..etc), as they maybe trying to gain personal information or hide their true intentions from our in-game logs. Our Support team will not be able to help you restore items lost as a result of a scam.

Bots
There are some individuals trying to game our system for personal gain and profit. We do not support any kind of automated gameplay in our game, and any accounts found doing so will be closed. Our team closes numerous accounts daily for illegal third-party usage, and will continue to do so.

We have an in-game system that allows you to report cheaters and automated gameplay. You report them using the ‘Report Auto Hunting’ action button. Only use this system to report characters you think are being suspicious – abusing this system may result in actions being taken against your account. You can also report illegal automated gameplay through our Support system, and if you chose to do that, please clearly indicate what you’re seeing and the offenders’ names. Please include screenshots if possible.

Adena Sellers
Unfortunately, the same individuals who exploit our system with illegal automated play are also trying to make a quick buck at your expense by illegally selling you Adena. We handle these accounts the same way we handle illegal automated gameplay—by closing the accounts as soon as we discover the activity. While it might not be the account that has been spamming you, we close accounts daily and will continue to close them. You can report Adena Sellers through our in-game system by right-clicking their name in chat and select ‘Block Adena Sales’. You can also report illegal automated gameplay through our Support system, and if you chose to do that, please clearly indicate what you’re seeing and the offenders’ names.

Do not buy Adena from Adena Sellers as that supports these illegal activities along with putting your own account at risk.

We understand that seeing this type of behavior from other players can lead to a frustrating experience. We are continuing to mitigate the impact of these types of activities as we continue to improve our detection methods and use the information provided from the reports that come in from our players. If your account has been closed, please contact Customer Support.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 8

Do you have any in-game plans to combat adena selling spam? Something as simple as giving a player some NC coin per month to collect names for you would be sufficient. I understand it takes time and resources to have staff in game, but something as simple as this could be provided by "community leaders" or something equivalent. NC coin doesn't really cost you guys anything and would provide some relief from the constant barrage of spam seen in both PMs and general chat spam. There's even adena selling spam in the group matching windows now.

This issue is getting out of hand, and while I understand there are more pressing issues for the dev team currently, something should be done about this issue. There has to be some way to look up the accounts/characters that have been blocked by hundreds of accounts for "gold spam" by now. Not sure why this isn't proactively being addressed.

Thanks for taking the time to communicate with us.  I really do appreciate it.  However, whatever system you are using isn't working as the bots and RMTs continue to be everywhere in the game.  Glad you are thinking about the issue and hope you find better solutions to these problems.

do you really belive in what shes saying ? late april fool ? i hope so....i wrote down the spammers in town, not 1 of them is banned.

4 weeks ago i reported so many bots everyday and they still farm on the same spot, botting 24/7 but hey Hime you doing great just put more items in the shop LIKE THIS 50 EURO xp rune....thats kind of greedy nothing more. you will ruin the classic game the exact way you ruined the normal l2 with your p2win shop and ignorieren bots.

• Thanks 1

We need an active GM to do the bot hunt daily, reporting bots via ticket is just too slow and hardly ever bothers to do so. Also being ingame would reduce that adena sale chat spam by a huge margin (just porting from town to town and closing any accounts asap who pm or shout about selling adena, also there is some shops open with those adena sale adds + theres some in LFG also).

Again, reporting them via website is just too slow and ineffective - there is a need to have an active GM ingame.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Userbaer said:

do you really belive in what shes saying ? late april fool ? i hope so....i wrote down the spammers in town, not 1 of them is banned.

4 weeks ago i reported so many bots everyday and they still farm on the same spot, botting 24/7 but hey Hime you doing great just put more items in the shop LIKE THIS 50 EURO xp rune....thats kind of greedy nothing more. you will ruin the classic game the exact way you ruined the normal l2 with your p2win shop and ignorieren bots.

I agree that their efforts combating bots and adena sellers have been largely unsuccessful for 15 years now.  But you gain nothing by being abusive.  Posts like this do not help.  Please be civil and please understand that @Himeand @Jujiare not the ones who do the development.  They are the messengers, from the developers to us and from us to the developers.  And, for goodness sake, do not discourage them from communicating with us.  The above post from @Hime is rare.  Welcome it.  Don't insult it.

Welcome it ? I still need everyday few minutes to blocking all the spammers in town for my char and my buffer... WOW what a experience for the playerbase.

Botters in nearly every location,i was again in cruma bot swamp today and what u expect full of bots, dont tell me i cant say that they are bots, becuase after playing this game for nearly a decade i know whos botting and who not.

NcSoft has never every dealt with bots if you looking back to the old l2 servers and if they really did they did so a bad job holy moly.

@Hime is it so hard to get a live gm ingame ? Is it so hard after you greeding so much money out of the shop that u cant even provide us with a live gm ?

But like always i dont expect any answer because you just proved in the last weeks that this company is unable to to so, i really never had so many adena sellers, spammers and botters in any other l2 i played over the years....even the f2p crap servers do a better job.

Edited by Userbaer
  • Like 1

Scamming is part of the game (in my opinion) so everyone must be careful. Bots are not and as it said before a live GM can solve this problem[report by players, permant ban account] so simple. Same thing about the Adena seller spammers . I teleport in towns and can’t read buying /selling shouts cause Adena sellers spams.Its very annoying and ruining the game. 

2 minutes ago, kaotOnic said:

Scamming is part of the game (in my opinion) so everyone must be careful. Bots are not and as it said before a live GM can solve this problem[report by players, permant ban account] so simple. Same thing about the Adena seller spammers . I teleport in towns and can’t read buying /selling shouts cause Adena sellers spams.Its very annoying and ruining the game. 

Unfortunately, you are right.  Scamming is part of the game, though a really nasty part.  I swear some people come here just to do nasty things to people that they'd never do in real life.

Make topic or subsection with free access , where there will be evidence that this champion bot , need screen or better video.
The whole sadness is that every time I send a report from the game on bots!
And none banned i see all this bots again for the next day.
If admins dont manage , i have nice idea with contest on who catches many more bots win let us say acessory's , Ncoin or boost on exp with scroll  buffs.
Interesting opinion of all.
Have fun and have drop ;-)
P.S i make PK wizard for kill bots.

When you have extremely low drop rates for money and or Materials , you will create a black market for Bots that will work 24/7 to do the boring tasks of gathering money and Mats.

I just want to say this , yes I see many Bots but one thing I need to say is YOU CREATE THESE BOTS because the drop rates are extremely low and you create a black market for them to survive.

So once again I suggest you look into your drop rates if you want to kill the Bot issue on all servers Classic and normal.

9 hours ago, MrUniverse said:

When you have extremely low drop rates for money and or Materials , you will create a black market for Bots that will work 24/7 to do the boring tasks of gathering money and Mats.

I just want to say this , yes I see many Bots but one thing I need to say is YOU CREATE THESE BOTS because the drop rates are extremely low and you create a black market for them to survive.

So once again I suggest you look into your drop rates if you want to kill the Bot issue on all servers Classic and normal.

Every update drop rate in some places change, so be aware of that.

Im curious, if is just a bug or ncsoft )

Many ppls notice that, they post, something change or is fixed and after some time when these ppls lvl up higher, something change again.

And the circle spin same way over and over, before another smart player will notice that and post )

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:29 PM, marcysiek said:

Would require ONLY 1 active in-game gm, and I can say this again i volunteer to do this job for free!

No way, the "GM" figure was created on illegal serves and it was the most common cause to destroy their same servers by corruption. Even when I hate whit all my soul those damned botters, I hope never NCSoft make that mistake of create a GM figure for this servers.

14 hours ago, MrUniverse said:

I have played the most, "alternative" servers, always high rates, and now I'm trying the Classic one style, and I can`t understand if NCSoft told since beginning that this will going to be a hard grinding kind of experience, people is now looking for one easy kind of thing. So, better enjoy the travel because this was developed for play almost a lifetime, not for play per one month and become a hero, castle owner and Wyvern rider. I hope things gets better by banning bots and adena spammers, but I hope they never change the rates or it will gonna be very frustrating for old players, that all their efforts turn into a bin just for benefit for newcomers.

Every day I have problems getting into the server, and what worries me most is to see that the server is full of bots and scammers and nothing is done against these players, you should give real support to this classic server because these players occupy space of those who really want to have fun, you NA's ncsoft are the worst compared to the US and K ncsoft, once again you're going to ruin this server just like you did with goddess of destruction because of the bots and scammers, have more consideration with classic players

• Like 1

after 5 minutes elapsed and he didnt write catpcha put their characters in red with -10000 karma

with this, if they even die, dont respawn in city, and also, people can kill them

captcha must be for 20 minutes, but if at 5 minutes didnt complete it, karma to -10000 and after that3, if completes karma will go back to 0

rules

if someone report someone resting or afk, checking logs, is a fake report, then ban too, dont abuse of the report system

Edited by Himmelin
  • Like 1