Forums

Reporting Scammers, Bots, & Adena Sellers

Hime

Adena sellers: I use the chat/block function on every one I see in chat, it's easy, and they don't bother me after that. (until the same name with the next number designation PM's me, anyway)  However, I don't know how to report the fake sell shops set up at almost every gatekeeper with a store message advertising an adena selling site.

Bot reports:  I have only reported suspected bots in one circumstance, that being when I see a dead char that stays dead over 5 hours... I really can't see someone leaving their char laying dead that long if they're actually ON it.

26 minutes ago, skolnikx said:

Orc village and dwarf village full BOTS everywhere , L2  95% bots 5% players :S

the bots take quest dwarf village

and if is not even enough, you have people accusing legit people with more than 1 pc of being a bot

community is failling hard, thats why many people prefers to bot than to be legit, because community does fake reports, and damage the legit people

i wish to have a L2 COMMUNITY CLASSIC OF YEAR 2003 1000000000000000000times better people than new generations

23 minutes ago, GrannyChill said:

Adena sellers: I use the chat/block function on every one I see in chat, it's easy, and they don't bother me after that. (until the same name with the next number designation PM's me, anyway)  However, I don't know how to report the fake sell shops set up at almost every gatekeeper with a store message advertising an adena selling site.

Bot reports:  I have only reported suspected bots in one circumstance, that being when I see a dead char that stays dead over 5 hours... I really can't see someone leaving their char laying dead that long if they're actually ON it.

at last you do honest reports, many people does fake reports, after a PVP, or a text discussion, for example, me, that im playing the game with 3 pcs, i get fake reports a lot of times.

Today I noticed how one was hiding behind a stone next to my spot where I was farming mobs and fraps us . I approached him right away and he use soe so im wondering what kind of person and nolifer has to be run to all locations make videos , reports . if i got ban rly i dont care because its free server one call him official ..... pls open your eyes with these bugs, drop rate rly , and even the server is almost dead 1600+ online . 200 legits , 400 boxes , 500 shops and 500 bots GGSo soon he will run alone and i make bot party

Edited by JustDwarf

On 2/12/2018 at 2:30 PM, Aurinya said:

Greetings!

That's a headline, not a section. Please read the opening article, it does tell you how to report scammers, bots and Adena sellers ;) 

Thank you!

Really? Do you wanna play on details? Well if you read the opening article there are only suggestions on how to report and which channels we "could" use. There is nothing in that article to prohibit the use of the forum to report suspicious players. And maybe it might be a good idea to dedicate a forum "section" where ppl can link images of the player they reported in game. Maybe some report could be a mistake, maybe someone could defend themselves against emo/abuser reporter, maybe this could accelerate the measures vs those characters/accounts.

The community is the best resource you have to make this game better than how it is. It is always good to remind good manners to ppl, but it also a good manner to understand ppl frustration when they report multiple times "suspicious characters" and they will keep see them farming for days/weeks...

Many software houses use this type of channel (the forum report one) with "sucess", cause they well know that the in game button and the ticket support are channels too slow compared to the immediacy of a report with proof on forum.

Thank you! ;)

Hi, I want to leave here a question that may be silly, but anyways. Suppose that the PC I have at home is the only one I have capable of running L2. Then I also have some other device with TeamViewer installed on it (also on the PC), and I connect to my PC through TeamViewer (from my device). Would TeamViewer be considered an "illegal third-party software" on that case, if I simply use L2 from my device through it? Thanks, :D.

GM`s....are u blind? u dont see that bots are all around the map? ban them..what u wait? just check map and ban them...easy..dont scan them, just stay 10 s near them and u will ban whole imortal south / forg temple and mooore zones...clear sv pls

Hello NC WEST! We cant play wlth all this bots this is serious... I dont want to quit I trying to ignore bots and just play but this.,.., THIS IS THE PEAK we are not able to kill mobs THose servers suffer now Do you understand? Do you see ? Are you here? Are you blind ? NO?                           OK....

hello, @Juji what if you add to 1-40lvl mobs drop table some kind of herb or something thats easy to see and avoid picking up for human eye,but if you pick it up you get 9999weight penality and are unable to move(cancel with alt+click incase human picks up),that would immobilize some bots for some time,or even better:when you pick it up you get 1k karma 9_9

I do not understand why ncsoft does not ban the bots. 
the only thing that occurs to me, is that the bots pay for vip, and that prevails at the time of banning or not.
But when there are no real players on the server, the bots will stop paying vip, and then it will be too late to ban them  

Google traductor

On 11/11/2018 at 6:02 PM, Dondiwa said:

Please block ability to send messages to general and trade chat channels for characters below lvl 20.  Lvl 10 takes 30 minutes to get. It's impossible to read trade chat with this ammount of spam. Blocking is pathetic since they create new spammers everyday.

apologies for just now seeing this.

my reply:

NO!  do not block the ability to chat!!  this may be minimally effective for slowing down the adena sellers for a little while, it will permanently restrict ALL players in the same way.  NCSoft has done this before and now in the live servers a character cannot speak until lvl 76.  a new player coming in to learn the game and doesn't have the ability to talk cannot get questions answered, cannot interact with the rest of the community.  this suggestion penalizes the ENTIRE community, not just the bots.  and it is not a solution.  the BEST solution is to have a roving GM who will tour ALL the servers and ban the adena sellers immediately onsite.  period.  that is the only feasible solution to this problem.  if they figure out they are being banned for pm'ing, mailing or spamming their adena sales messages they will stop.  only NCSoft has the ability to do this and until they do it i will continue to surmise that NCSoft doesn't care that there are adena sellers spamming the playing community.

but please do NOT penalize and punish the legitimate players because of the obvious cheaters RMTing adena. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AngelCelestial said:

I do not understand why ncsoft does not ban the bots. 
the only thing that occurs to me, is that the bots pay for vip, and that prevails at the time of banning or not.
But when there are no real players on the server, the bots will stop paying vip, and then it will be too late to ban them  

Google traductor

Bot's on free server don't pay for VIP since they don't need any interaction and they don't want to level to fast, and if  a bot get's ban no real lost since none of them paid for VIP. I just think they need to do B2P even if it's small amount say 5$ and get 5$ worth NcCoins. Why you ask well if all those 1000's + bot's have to least spend 5$ every accountant open means NcSoft can pay one person just to ban bot's in chat, and all those summoners which in return would pay for it's self. You think well bot's will just come back, well of course but only people going afford the over price Adena then would be people that have crap load of money since prices will go up more and less people will buy it and make it a lot easier to trace.  

On Talking Island server, there`s a full bot party for over 48 hours farming non-stop on the same orc barracs spot (where the raid boss spawns).

It's weekend, Orc Barracs are full of people and I'm pretty sure dozens of people already reported this party. And yet, nothing happens. This game come to a point where people are botting a full party on a highly crowded place and NCSoft do nothing.

they took only 12 years to solve the invite/enter chat problem (when you were talking and someone invites you to park and the 'enter' cancels the invite) and another good 12 years to create the 'block sell spam' with mouse feature. how hard it to create a algorithm to ban ppl that spams the same thing for over an hour? another 12? 10? 5? or just a day of korean devs? 

Hello folks.

I have a question.
How do you progress next to bots?  Or maybe Admins can give inputs here too. @Hime

My actual hunting ground is filled with 8 - 12 bots... and they populate...
I barely manage to grab any mobs.
Atm I have to stop playing L2.... which is very sad for my wasted VIP status my my main and box. :/

Do bot reports via ticket actually work?
Someone has experience with it?

Edited by Cally

@Hime

80% of population are bots ..go to EG .. kill their summon (get karma, but no PK  point) twice, than wait till mob kill them (its nice to buff the mob and heal it so its faster) waste 10 minutes of your gametime..and than watch a new bot come and take that spot..GG ..neverending flood of them ...its disgusting ...GJ NCsoft 

U think the players should clean this mess ? rly ? they are everywhere ..i wont be making ticket with 40 screenshots ..i will rather quit this BS ...without live GM ..there is no point of playing here ..GG bro

Also number of bot reports 6 :D ...when only at EG there are like 40 or more of them ..lol

Edited by Nosdrolomos

This is no longer Lineage 2, it's Lineage Bot.

Seriously, it's too much, I'm a player who is online every day and EVERY DAY IN ALL SPOTS I see these things. I really do not believe that "they can't fight the bots", will they not want to? Will it give them good money to have people boting?

I already send many videos in tickets showing whole partys boting, they say they solve it, but what they are doing is killing the dog, not the rage. Is not it easier to put a good anti-bot instead of forcing players to spend days and days reporting illegal players?

This is just a comment, so that you understand why the server is in free fall.

• Like 1