Reporting Scammers, Bots, & Adena Sellers

Hime

The whole Giran server is full of Poneys & Cats. Every farm spot, no exception.

Right there, in your face, easy to spot, and nothing.....no action taken.

I don`t see how y`all are doing anything to counter this. It only gets worst.

Or maybe I have a super power and see them easy, in which case you should hire me to hunt bots.

All suspicious cases should be reported directly to the support. 
The team takes these requests very seriously, but they do not have the right tools outside the automated reports. Therefore, the entire community should help in the fight against bots to report as much as possible. 
I also propose to return to the old-fashioned detection method, i.e. GM in the game which observes the behavior of players. This requires the employment of an additional 100 people to watch all players and recognize evident cases of breaking the rules.

8 hours ago, blazus said:

All suspicious cases should be reported directly to the support. 
The team takes these requests very seriously, but they do not have the right tools outside the automated reports. Therefore, the entire community should help in the fight against bots to report as much as possible. 
I also propose to return to the old-fashioned detection method, i.e. GM in the game which observes the behavior of players. This requires the employment of an additional 100 people to watch all players and recognize evident cases of breaking the rules.

you must be one of them.. an NCSoft staff member incognito.  LOL

it wouldn't take 100 people live in-game to take care of the bots. a team of one GM per server could handle it easily enough. go to a field, see a bot, account ban. not hard. takes less than 30 seconds.

granted with the thousands of bots on some of the servers it will take more than a day or two. once one server is done the GM's can move to the other servers to help.

as for me, i'm finished helping NCSoft with bot reports.  such reports go completely ignored.  bots i reported weeks ago are still running in the same fields in the game even now. NCSoft is not doing anything either proactive or reactive about it.  they're trying to develop some kind of automated bot detection system that will never work because someone will always find a way to program a third-party bot program around it. 

the problem is they've let this problem go on for 15 years.  at this point i doubt there is any solution but to leave NCSoft servers.  not only do they not solve the botting problems, they ban legitimate players without reason.  72 hours now for one person who was account banned and no reason given despite the fact he has submitted three tickets asking "why?"  he has been told nothing.  the way this should work is, an email should be generated to that account the moment it is banned saying, your account has been banned and this is why.  and then give appeal information.  they way they do it now, they ban people then wait for those people to appeal the ban and then they don't answer for.. who knows how long.  it's backward, unethical and wrong. 

NCSoft needs to be completely restructured from the top down with people who actually give a damn. because none of them do.

• Like 1

This has become a big joke.
Since they dont respect us as real players, dedicating so many hours in the game and really trying to achieve smth,its probably time to consider leaving this BOT game.
I see so many people try to explain to GMs about server problems but as i can see...nothing really happens...especially with the bot system.Its pretty unfair for real players try to farm any weapons/armors and the bots just claim that items with their constant farming system.
Really have no time for such *** .
Thought this would be a decent server.Guess i was wrong.
Its time for me to leave too.
In 10 years probably they will fix those problems.Good luck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Recondite said:

This has become a big joke.
Since they dont respect us as real players, dedicating so many hours in the game and really trying to achieve smth,its probably time to consider leaving this BOT game.
I see so many people try to explain to GMs about server problems but as i can see...nothing really happens...especially with the bot system.Its pretty unfair for real players try to farm any weapons/armors and the bots just claim that items with their constant farming system.
Really have no time for such *** .
Thought this would be a decent server.Guess i was wrong.
Its time for me to leave too.
In 10 years probably they will fix those problems.Good luck.

Yes in this game exist bot,but exist players witch know how use makro,maybe u can be wrong.I never use support program(bot),and i have ban no my box.i play this game for fan,i am not jealous if somebody have more prosperity in this game and use bot,but i don't like  if i can't farm because is there bot.

On 2/6/2019 at 12:54 PM, Heavensent said:

I can't even find places to level, that I normally would go to because of all the bots. It's making me have to fight certain mobs which kills profit and other aspects of the game I would normally enjoy. To bad no cares. If they do they don't show it.

How do u know?are u try speak with this 'bot'?I use no my box makro,and i have ban.

13 pages, has there been a single response from a GM?  

Back in the old day, you paid $10/mo/account, so banning thousands of paying accounts was 10's or 100's of thousands per month in lost revenue.  But what financial contribution are today's bots making to NC?  With no financial contribution, adena sellers can simply bot new accounts with no risk, so I do not understand the hesitancy of NC to swiftly ban bots?  

Reporting is a joke, you get 1 report per 1/2 hour?  How are you supposed to report every bot in a bot party?  Or report the 20+ parties in a single area?  

And for a PvP game, the players have very little ability to police the bots without significant financial risks to themselves, which is freaking stupid.

As someone stated earlier, a single GM can single handedly wipe a server of bots in a very short period of time.  Go to an area, ban the blatant ones, and those toons will have to start from scratch again.  It will take a while before newly started bots can get back to 40-50-60+ again.  

But it is a joke that real players have to be afraid to use a loop macro on their mouse or gamepad, but full BLATANT bot parties operate with immunity.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, drex said:

13 pages, has there been a single response from a GM?  

Back in the old day, you paid $10/mo/account, so banning thousands of paying accounts was 10's or 100's of thousands per month in lost revenue.  But what financial contribution are today's bots making to NC?  With no financial contribution, adena sellers can simply bot new accounts with no risk, so I do not understand the hesitancy of NC to swiftly ban bots?  

Reporting is a joke, you get 1 report per 1/2 hour?  How are you supposed to report every bot in a bot party?  Or report the 20+ parties in a single area?  

And for a PvP game, the players have very little ability to police the bots without significant financial risks to themselves, which is freaking stupid.

As someone stated earlier, a single GM can single handedly wipe a server of bots in a very short period of time.  Go to an area, ban the blatant ones, and those toons will have to start from scratch again.  It will take a while before newly started bots can get back to 40-50-60+ again.  

But it is a joke that real players have to be afraid to use a loop macro on their mouse or gamepad, but full BLATANT bot parties operate with immunity.

the clearest answer to your question of how does NC benefit from all the bots is...... the bots belong to them!  i think it is entirely possible a majority of them do.  and why not?  with bots making so much adena NC can benefit in real money for selling that adena.  i also believe many of the bots that don't belong to NC do belong to their high-spending whales and are thus immune from banning.  ban my bots, lose my money...

of course they aren't going to respond.  they can't answer the hard questions.  it's pretty obvious that, despite them saying they ban hundreds of bots, they really aren't effectively scratching the surface.  the game is unplayable because of the bots, they are losing real players all the time.  soon all they'll have left is bots and whales.  it all comes down to bad management policies within the company.  the bottom line of greed, botting makes money.  bad management is in the fact they refuse to fix the problem and even worse, they refuse to communicate with their playing community.

yeah, this thread is 13 pages with no GM response.  and they won't respond.  the game will die because they refuse to enforce their own rules which will drive real people away.  they don't get it, they don't care.  they'll milk it for what they can until it's dead.

5 hours ago, drosostalitsa said:

hi today i try to log my account and is banned...can you terll me why?i dont use bots or whatever that is...i make the char went him 15lvl and i log him off and now its banned...omg this is redicilus

apparently it's okay for NCSoft to ban legitimate players for no reason but not okay to ban bots.  must be their new company policy........

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Xuka said:

Absolutely useless topic. Three days in a row sent a ticket on the same bots 50+ In response, I see every time "I can assure you that proper actions will be taken as soon as we are done with our investigation"

does it include the wording "we take this issue very seriously?"

NCSoft is gaslighting us. there is no intensive "investigation" required.  boots on the ground in-game by a GM and they can account ban as they see the bots. it's simple. what they are investigating is whether or not bots belong to whale spenders or not. they can't ban the ones that bring high dollars to NCSoft, that would just be .... well, use your own words.

the only way NCSoft takes botting seriously is for the money botting puts in NCSoft's pockets. they neither care about nor respect their playing community.

Hello all,

its there any pool about pay monthly?

(if not pay, u can not play)

maybe can help little bit from bots...

or maybe start new server with monthly pay ...

i am for sure for it and buy very good antibot system from this money if possible - some server on Adr... forum not supported?

gl and hf and lot of patience with bots

Edited by Wein

I normally don't reply to topics in which I'm not going to add nothing really new, still, I'll do it because the problem is here and none cares as we all know. I also believe that moderators normally patrol the forum so eventually players are heard, but no actions are taken to fulfill the needs. L2 is an old game and lots of changes have been made in the last years to try to keep up with the community and making money out of it (which is ok), so NCWest could actually do something about the problem. As an end note, I've been playing L2 since official C3 with some interruptions. These new Classic Official servers are a blessing for old school players ;)

The only way for legit legit players to make a change is with the only thing that empowers any client: their money. In the end we are are customers. So I really think that NO ONE that is impacted by the ridicoulous amount of bots in the game should spend a single euro/dollar in the L2 Store. I understand that some benefits of the VIP system are really desirable, but buying in the L2 Store you are just feeding a beast that does not care to provide a good service. Complaining about the bots and in the following month go and waste money in the L2 Store is just stupid :) Would you go over and over again to a restaurant that does not provides a good service? Simple answer...

As a disclaimer, I DO NOT incentivize the purchase of ingame adena, but from a outter perpective, I can understand the players that are feeding a beast (also known as "adena sellers") that is just taking advantage on another beast (also know as "NCWest"). It's NCWest that has the power to stop the cycle and make legit players to use their money where they want it to be used and where they would have the most income: in the L2 Store.

During some years was unthinkable for me to waste money in a free game! That scarse money had to be used for more important stuff like getting drunk and having fun in the university parties :D Fortunatlly all those parties payed off at the moment I could easily afford to have VIP 4 in all my accounts (have some boxes as everyone has) and don't even think about it in the end of the month. Guess what, I don't have a single VIP 1 in any account: I don't like to go to a restaurant where the employee don't care about providing a good service, specially since it would be really simple for him to do it...

Bottom line, I feel that there are several hundreads of active players that think exactly as I do and wouldn't mind to use their money in the L2 Store if some respect was shown towards them, plus all the players that went inactive because they cannot handle the existence of bots. As lots of people have said in innumerous posts, putting a single GM ingame could clean the game of bots and that would directly make customers more open to actually feed the right beast (also known as NCWest, which in this scenario would not be considered a beast :)) .

So Mr./Mrs. Moderator, take (or not) this long and concise post to the responsables above you in the hierarchy and that have some power to do stuff :)

the question is why to play where is the publisher ignoring who pays the seller for its employees?    I have a ticket with almost 250 screenshots.     70% of them still running.   half of them are  50-60 level.  who can assume that bots could reach so high levels?      you can't find even 1 free spot.   an enchanted valley  full of them 

I have taken the time to read all the thread of publications and it is really surprising that no one in the administration makes a statement about it.

This issue, is with a total abandonment, I would dare to say that do not waste your time on this, is a lost case. - You have to get used to playing with Bots, find other places for PVE, or simply become Bots.-

NCSOFT should eliminate this whole theme, is using space and this adornment, a pretty horrible adornment.-

Yours sincerely, a player from South America.-

Just going to repost this as this is the proper place for this xD

The problem isn't a one way problem, it is bi-directional (with both botting and adena selling). You have several ways to tackle the problem in my eyes and im sure they have been mentioned countless times. Until both sides of it are address there will be always be a player who wants to buy and someone who wants to sell. Naturally, if there are no sellers, one cannot buy, and if no buyers one cannot sell. 

1. Adena sellers:
    1. Legalize purchase of Adena through NC Shop
      1. at a severely discounted rate, making it highly dis-favorable for adena sellers to sell 
        1. This will eventually blowup the sever economy, though eventually it will stabilize at a much more inflated rate.
    2. Limit chat restrictions
      1. Highly unfair to the community and honestly the laziest way to delay the problem
    3. Run Scripts in the BG that search for key words and or phrases that auto ban
      1. Can be highly problematic if executed poorly
    4. Live GM
      1. For the love of all that is holy, we need this
    5. Punish Sellers
      1. This needs to be done timely and effectively
    6. Punish Buyers
      1. This needs to be done properly and transparently so that the community knows it isn't accepted nor acceptable
  2. Botters
    1. Legalize botting
      1. No, nope, no sir,
    2. Legalize Looping Macros
      1. See 2.1.1
    3. Ban Botters
      1. Seemingly they are working on it as fast as they can, though from player accounts the bots have a greater force when it comes to account creation than NC does when it comes to banning
      2. Some legit players are going to get caught in the mix, give them a healthy way to provide some form of proof that they were not botting.
      3. Some botters are going to pretend they are legit players, come up with some punishment / redemption system in the bg where GM's can take notes and apply bans over time properly again should these get through the appeal process
    4. Live GM
      1. See 1.4.1
    5. Ban the people selling accounts
      1. Shouldn't be that hard to spot
    6. Ban the people buying accounts
      1. Shouldn't be that hard to spot

Another unrefined alternative which could potentially work would be to open a transfer only server I suppose. Similar to a b2p system. Just a server that at level XX you can transfer to for a one time fee. This way a botter would have to reach a certain level, pay a transfer fee, and managed to not get banned. Should they get banned, they cannot create a toon on the server, it must be transfer etc. 

the discussion about BOTs is dead, dont lost your time, the NCSOFT cant handle with that. The adena sellers are getting rich, ncsoft are getting rich, we are just losing time here. lets go to play in another server or play another game

What bothers me the most are the level 65+ bots with red weapons and highly over enchanted ones botting in blazing swamp and other high level areas not even trying to hide it.  I'm busting my ass for that xp and they are out at the pub checking on their bots every 5 hrs. 

@Hime Would it be possible to get a semi detailed answer regarding what actual steps are being taken to address this? Such as tracking Mac - ID's / internal components / external IP's etc. Banning accounts wont do much when they just create another account (it just delays them). Just curious, if not, I understand you are busy tending to us and our numerous questions ^^. Hope you are having a great day.

~Happy Hunting