Reporting Scammers, Bots, & Adena Sellers

Hime

Hello,

I have some questions about the setup of the game since i am a fresh starter, 2 weeks in game.

What kind of gaming experience is this that you offer? I mean practically, i want someone who is responsible about the gaming experience being sold by your company to explain that to me.

I am 35 years old and a gamer for 18 years about. First time i face such a gaming setup/experience that after of 2 weeks game i just have to ask the concept behind your project.

For example, why should i give my money to you and not to a russian/spanish/american site which i have to tolerate daily in shouts-pm's-emails.

I mean, since you have released these classics servers in one of which i am part of, what's the profit of a regular player as i am from Ncoins if the entire server(80% for sure) is using an illegal program to make adena? Why should i give my 50 euro to you and not to the russian or spanish or w/e illegal program user? The difference of the return of investment of giving my money to them instead of you, is just ιncomparable. Whatever you sell, can be bought with adena in game, wouldn't you agree? I can't buy of course xp/sp, but you made that easy to. 

Your servers are free for illegal program users to execute. Since such thing applies, what's the purpose of your store?

All the above, made me wonder. Do you know that the person selling the illegal program is selling/renting it for a month? Do you know that his price is 7 euro for each client? I am sure the majority of those users for sure isn't paying anything, and i refer to the adena sellers, but i was just making some calculations about your profit-loss based on such prices.

Anything you sell can be gained in high levels with 1-2 max 3 days of non stop farm. Which is of course what they do.

Bottom line, your servers are full of bots. By that, i mean those are not even actual players. That makes the game boring.

Yesterday i saw a high level player asking for merge through his title in game, which from an aspect is correct to apply.

I personally have reported quite a few players with that button you mentioned in the beginning of this post, but they are still there.

Just enter NA Aden and go in Ivory tower Krator, to understand what you have created. I can't imagine what is happening in Giran Server.

Scripts for porting dleveling and then porting back again and again, what is this? Am i playing with actual players?

To end this because i can continue for way more, what's the gaming experience you are offering for free to us? Is the illegal program free?

Is there a Gm or Gm's even off game taking these things under consideration? And if yes, how? I have seen illegal servers with enormously better setups and protection of the customers in it. This is supposed to be the official setup of the game.

P.s i want to invest in you and give you my money since this is the game i enjoy to play, but the setup seems to me amateurish.

Kind regards,

On 06/03/2019 at 2:15 PM, triptico said:

Hello,

(...)

Just enter NA Aden and go in Ivory tower Krator, to understand what you have created. I can't imagine what is happening in Giran Server.

(...)

It's much worse in Giran.

I feel exactly the same as you feel: I wouldn't mind wasting my money in L2 Store, but they don't really deserve it for the product they offer.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2019 at 9:43 AM, November said:

@Hime Would it be possible to get a semi detailed answer regarding what actual steps are being taken to address this? Such as tracking Mac - ID's / internal components / external IP's etc. Banning accounts wont do much when they just create another account (it just delays them). Just curious, if not, I understand you are busy tending to us and our numerous questions ^^. Hope you are having a great day.

~Happy Hunting

Probably they are not doing anything because the bot only increases. many AFK bots in the Hunter Village GK (ADEN Server). The same bots more than months in Forgotten (ADEN Server), and on all server. This is very unfortunate.

22 minutes ago, SEdark said:

Probably they are not doing anything because the bot only increases. many AFK bots in the Hunter Village GK (ADEN Server). The same bots more than months in Forgotten (ADEN Server), and on all server. This is very unfortunate.

It is unfortunate that they don't have a gm log in and handle the situation. Wouldn't take more than 30 min a day hitting various GK's.

Hi everyone,

It's my first and probably last post here, I don't tend to participate in forums but thought it was worth sharing my comments in case someone cares, which honestly at this point I doubt.

ANYTIME I login to the server if I go to:

- Forgotten Temple: Full of bots party

- Cruma 3: At least one Party bot (usually more)

- Cruma 2: At least Party bot

- Cruma Marshlands: It's full of bots (they all have the cat/pony)

- Breka's Stronghold for a 2nd change quest: Full of bots (they all have the cat/pony). This is particularly annoying as there are so many that makes hard to kill the mobs requested by the quest, as there are so many bots that they are "fighting" to kill mobs as they spawn. 

- Gorgon Flower Garden for a 2nd change quest: Full of bots  (they all have the cat/pony). Same as previous

- Death Pass: Almost always see bots (they all have the cat/pony). around as well as dodgy "naked" characters attempting to go into Death Valley and dieing and coming back over and over (pretty sure that's automated behaviour as well).

- Ivory Crater: Almost always bots as well.

- Enchant Valley: Always party bots around as well, some real players as well.

- Execution Ground: Always bots in the surroundings, some real players as well.

I've reported many times and asked for online GM's but never found one online.

It is so obvious and has been like that for so long that is beyond ridiculous and embarrassing that no action is taken. I appreciate that they pump up the numbers and make server look a bit more populated, but perhaps if they weren't there we would get more real players.

I appreciate that it might be challenging  (at least has been proven useless so far) to detect bot software in an automated manner, but it wouldn't take more than 15 minutes to go around above spots (I'm sure there are many more) and insta ban a few hundred players, in one week server would be WAY cleaner. And more importantly, people would actually see actions being taken and would encourage them to continue playing, and getting more engaged with the game and the community.

I'm sure many people think like me that bots have been "accepted" as part of the game and no action or plans are made to tackle them other than ocasional "security updates" that don't seem to have any impact at all in the number of bots on the server. If we are wrong it would be nice to have some transparency in regard to what is being done against them, maybe sharing the number of accounts banned during the previous week on each maintenance or something like that, I don't know.

Last but not least, if the "report bot" button is completely useless (it has proven to be until I see otherwise), then just get rid of it, but don't make us waste our time reporting if you are not willing to dedicate not even 15 mins to clean up this shameful mess.

Thank you.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 3:15 PM, triptico said:

All the above, made me wonder. Do you know that the person selling the illegal program is selling/renting it for a month? Do you know that his price is 7 euro for each client? I am sure the majority of those users for sure isn't paying anything, and i refer to the adena sellers, but i was just making some calculations about your profit-loss based on such prices.

Follow the money bro, these bots programs suscripcions are for sure finishing in ncsoft for sure ^^. if not, of course the bots problem will be erased for night to morning.

They make profist with bots and with legit players, and if this is not true they are lossing a lot of money, and everybodys know that greedy companies(like ncsoft) dont like lose money.

Simple and fun solution to the bot issue without banning them. You must have bots who have been reported thousands of times. Make bots fun for all the other players.

Make the Bots perma Red. You thereby allow real players to kill without fear of going red and clear up the problem for you with the added bonus of them maybe dropping a nice bit of equipment.

The server has so much bot that is already hindering doing quests in the game, it is so messed up that it goes from 30 bots together, that's even 30 or more inside the city, it's scary! And NCSOFT does absolutely nothing! There are messages from sellers of gold in all chats and even party matching, how can NCSOFT? Why the bot on the server? why do not they open a server where bots are banned? It's already ugly for the honor of NCSOFT!

2 hours ago, Salsamaster said:

Follow the money bro, these bots programs suscripcions are for sure finishing in ncsoft for sure ^^. if not, of course the bots problem will be erased for night to morning.

They make profist with bots and with legit players, and if this is not true they are lossing a lot of money, and everybodys know that greedy companies(like ncsoft) dont like lose money.

Yeah, that's what i thought as well. 21€ per player monthly not bad and the rest to the store. That's how you create a server of 80-90% of bots, but we should report them:)))

There are some law´s in US that can be apllied here to make a law case agains´t this situation.

Let´s face it it´s NCSOFT part of the agreement to force people to stop using 3rt party software, but in the other hand they dont do much to stop this appening.

This is stupid im trying to farm books for SE and ivory full of bots targetting only that mob

Edited by RASTEIRINHO2

after some months i have to say goodbye to this game 
classic now is just a big place full of bots
it's impossible to achieve some things like specific drops (spellbooks for example in ivory tower) if u do not have a bot

i wish some day there will be a serious staff into it like active GMs and start from zero

for now i will make like any person: sell my stuff to some stupid begginer

PLEASE NCSOFT: KICK THIS CLASSIC STAFF THEY R USELESS!!!!!!!!!

Don't know if you guys are blind or what, people who ask about bot situation. Its been like this from beginning of the classic server, and it wont change unfortunately... GMs are saying that they are doing what they can and that WE should report bots, record them, send mail etc... And all they need to do is have 1-2 player IN GAME to check areas with bots and ban accounts on sight. But they DON'T CARE. 

All we will get is more pay to win content in this "hardcore"  "classic" experience... 

:ph34r:

On 9/11/2018 at 11:50 PM, Hime said:

Scammers
There are unfortunately unsavory individuals looking to make a quick Adena by gaining your trust or by misrepresenting what they are trying to sell or buy.

The best way not to get scammed is to be extremely careful. Take an extra look before pressing okay, and be aware of the potential risks you’re taking on. Be wary of any character who asks to talk about a trade outside of game (Via Facebook, Discord, Skype..etc), as they maybe trying to gain personal information or hide their true intentions from our in-game logs. Our Support team will not be able to help you restore items lost as a result of a scam.

Bots
There are some individuals trying to game our system for personal gain and profit. We do not support any kind of automated gameplay in our game, and any accounts found doing so will be closed. Our team closes numerous accounts daily for illegal third-party usage, and will continue to do so.

We have an in-game system that allows you to report cheaters and automated gameplay. You report them using the ‘Report Auto Hunting’ action button. Only use this system to report characters you think are being suspicious – abusing this system may result in actions being taken against your account. You can also report illegal automated gameplay through our Support system, and if you chose to do that, please clearly indicate what you’re seeing and the offenders’ names. Please include screenshots if possible.

Adena Sellers
Unfortunately, the same individuals who exploit our system with illegal automated play are also trying to make a quick buck at your expense by illegally selling you Adena. We handle these accounts the same way we handle illegal automated gameplay—by closing the accounts as soon as we discover the activity. While it might not be the account that has been spamming you, we close accounts daily and will continue to close them. You can report Adena Sellers through our in-game system by right-clicking their name in chat and select ‘Block Adena Sales’. You can also report illegal automated gameplay through our Support system, and if you chose to do that, please clearly indicate what you’re seeing and the offenders’ names.

Do not buy Adena from Adena Sellers as that supports these illegal activities along with putting your own account at risk.

We understand that seeing this type of behavior from other players can lead to a frustrating experience. We are continuing to mitigate the impact of these types of activities as we continue to improve our detection methods and use the information provided from the reports that come in from our players. If your account has been closed, please contact Customer Support.

Hi there,the BOTS dont sell stem,.and we cant FARM stem cause the bots are there..like brekas..3> roxy

Get on it NC

Im stunned by the idea that your servers are being so disscredited that people dont even bother to create an account. Instead they go to illegal servers and spend theyre money there.

Let me be clear. you are pissing on youre own meal.

Bot situation is the worst publicity u can get. Not only that. The image of the whole NC West company is being trashed by youtube videos every week. 

This is not for the GMs o who ever is in charge of the server and botting policies. Youre CEO is the one who should see the product he is in charge of.

Get a hold of de CEO and make him log on THE PUBLICLY KNOWN  most affected zones by bots and let me know if you all still have a job nexxt week. This is unacceptable for any company or bussines venture. Any illegal server GM who desnt make any money does a better job eliminating this problems than youre actual staff in charge of this matters.

Im serioussly disapointed in the experience and the diference there is on maintenence of the servers health, and dedication on fixing this kind of issues between a dude with a little server and a corporation as you are. 

Im kinda mad that ur wasting the oportunity too make something really cool as bringing back the old school experience which was awesome.

• Like 1