Reporting Scammers, Bots, & Adena Sellers

Hime

Admin with all the respect in the world, it seems to me that this bots issue is getting very annoying, there should be more bots than people playing the game. When is it going to happen to put an anti-bot?

I apologize for wasting your time reading this post.

3 hours ago, Dartzu said:

Admin with all the respect in the world, it seems to me that this bots issue is getting very annoying, there should be more bots than people playing the game. When is it going to happen to put an anti-bot?

As soon as the ppl who buy adena stop buying, then the bots will be gone :)

3 hours ago, Dartzu said:

Never.

Just now, mixa said:

As soon as the ppl who buy adena stop buying, then the bots will be gone :)

Which means, Never.

Hi,

so there is a bot which I tried to report. It was clearly a bot, wasn't even a question about it. So I hit the report button and to my surprise this is the system message I recieved.

"This character has undergone a check for prohibited software usage and was charged with a penalty. You can't report this character."

Is it that it was charged by your anti-cheat software and ban is coming later? Or you just dont care about bots?

On 9/11/2018 at 6:50 PM, Hime said:

Bots
There are some individuals trying to game our system for personal gain and profit. We do not support any kind of automated gameplay in our game, and any accounts found doing so will be closed. Our team closes numerous accounts daily for illegal third-party usage, and will continue to do so.

We have an in-game system that allows you to report cheaters and automated gameplay. You report them using the ‘Report Auto Hunting’ action button. Only use this system to report characters you think are being suspicious – abusing this system may result in actions being taken against your account. You can also report illegal automated gameplay through our Support system, and if you chose to do that, please clearly indicate what you’re seeing and the offenders’ names. Please include screenshots if possible.

Atleast be realistic, there are certain places that if you go you find 100 bots, all same class, all similar nicks killing mobs the same way. How can you report that, make 100 tickets per day and they are still there. You ban those and get new bots the next day. Same with adena sellers in town, u cant go to town that u get tons of the same message selling adena, then they start wisping you every 30 min - 1hr even if u left town. Should review your bots politics to make it easyer or have someone atleast for a while monitoring that live

My opinion, if there is no anti-bot capable of blocking all programs, the best solution is an active Game Master (GM), online in game, with no privileges to create items or admin menu, with only the privilege to ban. so you can see and ban bots at the same time. because you just have to teleport to a city and you can see who the adena sellers are. is not there a way to block the IP of these players? I know players who have 20 elven wizard level 40+ and have never been banned, how do they escape? all adena sellers are using Elven Wizards to farm because it is the best class. You do not need a weapon, they are reaching level 50 with weapons no grade, because they use a party full with summoner. Anyone can identify a bot just by looking. I can not believe that there is no protection program capable of blocking (paid bots, adrenaline) and they can open more than 3 screens, I've heard of players who can open 10 screens on 1 computer. and also do not believe that there is a way to block the IP of these players to never enter the game again.

Edited by PleaseStopBots

and just one more thing to close my post. I think it is not the players' job to do away with the bots. We enter the game to have fun, and we ask everyone to have equal chances to grow. It's NCSoft's job to develop an anti-bot or anti-hacker capable of blocking all programs because you're being paid for it, I think you get paid to work. we're coming in 2019, and it's been more than 10 years that no one has managed to create an anti-bot that really Works. thanks and good game, ( or try )

Edited by PleaseStopBots
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Best option would be that active GM with onyly ban option :D I dont belive that they would  get some good anti-bot program. On illegal servers there are GM online and if you would ask him to come to your place because you see 20 bots in one location he would come and ban all.

hello, let me explain how it is when we put Prtscr on the forum and video about bots is the only thing that does the administration removes posts within 5 minutes, but bots run and farm on? Something like that I did not even on illegal servers and this is the official and did anyone see an active gm in play for once?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Wedu said:

On illegal servers there are GM online and if you would ask him to come to your place because you see 20 bots in one location he would come and ban all.

7 hours ago, bleblebleble said:

hello, let me explain how it is when we put Prtscr on the forum and video about bots is the only thing that does the administration removes posts within 5 minutes, but bots run and farm on? Something like that I did not even on illegal servers and this is the official and did anyone see an active gm in play for once?

You guys pretty much summed up the reason why so many people (myself included) ditched official servers in the first place.

Paying a monthly fee is fine, P2W is also fine (for most of us)... what's not fine is the complete lack of any kind of in-game moderation.

Somehow, two people running an "illegal server" out of their dorm room manage to handle hundreds of bots more efficiently than a multi-million-dollar international corporation :)

Edited by Pandy
Amazing chat filter.
  • Like 1

Hello Keyboard gangsters,

I've been playing official for about 10 years off and on pretty hardcore. I miss the good old payed monthly subscription and i miss the real mature players that could fight over a spot 3 weeks without crying or petitioning or reporting like a whiny little B, apparently as we got older we got more childish. I normally never ever post, I do read the forums a lot so I have a clear image of what is going on... referring to the "hello Keyboard gangsters". I am aware that I will make friends with this post and of course, also already aware that somebody will know it much better than me as a true professional "keyboard gangster" and point out where I am wrong.
But not often somebody speaks for those that get *** by the system and as true addicts of the game, they are forced to leave this server and find another one.

They are banning at the moment, this is what you want since bot reports flow freely on the classic servers. Without any punishment for false reporters, and I know its the same people in the game as on the forums as some names are familiar. Don't cry your ass off like a hypocrite on the forums that the server will lack players.
A few of my CP members and an RL buddy got banned for "suspicious activity" cause they got in a fight over a spot... this person logged 10+ chars clanless and started to report after 6-7  round of reports > voila... banned automatically? If it was an active gm or if its an automatic system is a mystery, at least that person has the room(s) he wants free to himself now. Our entire CP backs those people and quits playing. Grats, fewer people on the server! I hope NCsoft will wake up 1 day... (keep on hoping Jeff.. sorry, hope is all I can have) and start to punish false reports hard. For example, make reports a 40+ thing. And if it gets abused set a forced title forever as "report abuser" and make them never ever be able to report again. Whatever you do... do something it clearly doesn't work 
At the time this happened in our CP, there was 1 CP member on the bot, 9000% sure of it... cause he doesn't hide it and he didn't receive a ban!! wtf? :P
Not that any of the reporting keyboard gangsters would notice it cause those that were there actively playing got the reports... and 2 of them got a ban. And the person who actually is a full-blown botter didn't receive a ban <3.
You will say "don't cry", cause you are a keyboard gangster, so of course, you will think and write that. But the fact of the matter is that they leave the real bots and the full-on auto 24/6 afk bot party's up, I guess their time will come. it's still a freaking mystery to me why people who barely play 4-5 hours a day never once received a captcha got banned. 

So great job! To ALL you keyboard gangsters keep up the false bot reports soon as somebody outsmarts you or is on your spot or pk's you > report em! Your slogan should be "Gotta report em all"  Keeps NcSoft busy with the bullsh1t. Apparently, you win! The receiver will get banned as long as you get enough reports in a certain amount of time.

Also, great job NCSoft for creating a situation where you can´t handle the petition flow, server back to normal already, give it 3-4 months and it is light.

The conclusion is they decided to go to another European (1x) server again. The worst thing is they go and they take a lot of other good players with them. Me personally... dont know yet.

Keep up the crying or petitioning or reporting like a whiny little B here on the forums and in-game!

Keep that report button close, with Dutch regards,

Jeff

• Like 6

Seems useless, hope eu server change the policy so others can go there and prob will leave my accounts, one with 14 years, but they dont even care about it, they promoted a classic server failing everywhere, I get spammed from guys I have blocked days ago in one character, and now already started the crappy adena mails, advertisings on party match, pm's, shouts, regular chat, soon we will start getting the mails with 1 adena so you cant just delete without open, legits are randomly getting banned, support still say "works as intended" even with a ticket asking clarification being reported if I was even reported in town but again its working as intended, seems just my button have issues reporting those summoners for weeks in TI farminig mats day after day sometimes debuffed sometimes not but they keep their business flowing.

Well now they have competition even if small with a lot NcCoins going to make adena trough PK Scrolls, wonder how long did they discuss that while skipping the problems with the adena scaling totally screwed, spoils being a joke and they arrive with more announcement of free ports and a cat in town and half community applauds them, meanwhile server start to run lighter with the quitters, while should be Nc staff who should be dismissed once for all.

making unable to drop items when killed by a mob is a proof that botting is supported by this company.   today i killed 30+ bots,but in the end of the day i go to sleep,and those same bots are farming same spot..i even followed some after killing them and soe,they restock in grocery shop and run back to spot.

Really erase my image that I add with my answer above? Do you work for the adena seller? I do not understand you at all how did you do that. If it was not company I would defend myself. Vendors use illegal programs to talk to us privately without knowing us. It gets more and more annoying.

The only ones able to come to blow of the bots are the GM In game I offer my reaction if you want ncsoft!

• Like 1