Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ahriya

[Feedback] SP Scaling / Other means...

Recommended Posts

Ahriya    1

Hello,

 

I'm a level 46 EE and I find it annoying that the sp scaling is (meh)...

 

Thus I'd like to suggest a couple "life" improvements...

(a) Double the SP Gain per mob kill (Example: Instead of 162 SP... Make it 324)

(b) Put High/Mid/ Low-Grade SP Scrolls as convenience items on the L2 Store. 

 

These are my 2cents/opinion/suggestion/recommendation to improve game experience :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sp scrolls might be too abusable. The reason for the lack of sp is the super exp dailies, the moment people stop using those like candy and save sp they will quickly find they have enough sp saved for new level skills. The more time people spend grinding the better off their sp gains will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sxsilver    12

SP is based on XP gained and it's fine. Using a TON of 1 mil XP scrolls....and not getting any SP I am level 45 and just ran out of SP. So now I actually have to play the game and grind for my SP. You just want things for free....GL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ahriya    1
On 11/10/2018 at 3:51 PM, sxsilver said:

SP is based on XP gained and it's fine. Using a TON of 1 mil XP scrolls....and not getting any SP I am level 45 and just ran out of SP. So now I actually have to play the game and grind for my SP. You just want things for free....GL

 

You... wasting XP Scrolls instead of saving them and grinding out those levels is not my problem.

You should know that between 40 - 49 you do Aden dungeon dailies while holding on to your XP Scrolls once you hit 50+,

No one is asking for "Free" Things... Please read again and try to comprehend my statement once more.

 

On 11/10/2018 at 3:31 PM, wildernessbox said:

Sp scrolls might be too abusable. The reason for the lack of sp is the super exp dailies, the moment people stop using those like candy and save sp they will quickly find they have enough sp saved for new level skills. The more time people spend grinding the better off their sp gains will be.

How would you be able to "Abuse" SP Scrolls? You haven't really explained or expressed your point and just made a broad statement.

You still need to get the "Spellbook" and "Level" to ascertain said skill upgrades.

You're assuming that everyone spammed there XP Scrolls and placing your assumptions on to others.

You cannot simply "Abuse" SP Scrolls if there's a money wall... In addition, increasing SP Gain by +100% over existing amount "Will not" cause the game to break... (Again please explain how this would be abused???)

Putting a money wall  over a(n) SP (low/mid/high) grade scroll + making it "NOT TRADEABLE" is a smart move on NCsoft side because...

(a) You're placing a convience item for people to use in a game mechanic that is a "bottleneck."

(b) You can add restrictions such as you can buy "X" amount per day/week/month... Make it not tradeable (like most l2 store items)..


In short...

+SP Scrolls do not give any sort of advantage except overcome the bottleneck of obtaining said skill at "X" level.

+SP Scrolls are more so a convenience item since there are other means to obtain SP "normally"

Edited by Ahriya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sxsilver    12

You don't know how to read apparently.....I didn't waste them I used them to launch myself to 45 at which point I had PLENTY of SP so THERE is NO way YOU need MORE sp.

I get two dimensional items a day plus keys to kill the bosses. Its called taking advantage of the system and not whining about things that aren't even broken like you are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AngeMarkel    14

not having enough sp for skills is part of classic. Even without those exp scrolls u wouldnt have enough till around 79.

NCsoft calculated wars/sieges in their SP management. So without dying u wont have enough, doesnt matter which way u will play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ahriya    1
8 hours ago, AngelaMerkel said:

not having enough sp for skills is part of classic. Even without those exp scrolls u wouldnt have enough till around 79.

NCsoft calculated wars/sieges in their SP management. So without dying u wont have enough, doesnt matter which way u will play.

"Not Having enough SP for skills is part of classic" -Angela Merkel

Sorry just because it was "okay" in 2004 doesn't mean it's "okay" in 2018 => present day. At the end of the Day... when the profits drop in L2... this game will eventually add "convenience items"

 

NCSoft-Q3-Financials-620x285.jpg

15,635 is the highest Quarterly earning. If nothing is done to make L2 enjoyable or convenient... profits will simply drop.

Edited by Ahriya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AngeMarkel    14
1 hour ago, Ahriya said:

"Not Having enough SP for skills is part of classic" -Angela Merkel

Sorry just because it was "okay" in 2004 doesn't mean it's "okay" in 2018 => present day. At the end of the Day... when the profits drop in L2... this game will eventually add "convenience items"

 

NCSoft-Q3-Financials-620x285.jpg

15,635 is the highest Quarterly earning. If nothing is done to make L2 enjoyable or convenient... profits will simply drop.

when i say l2 classic i dont talk about 2004, i talk about l2 classic client, which was introduced 2013 or 2014 and yes, it was intended to have sp issues, when u never die

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With some common sense you perfectly know that with those damned XP Scroll, you'll have a terrible trouble with SP... You have already achieve your goal of reach fast to high level, and now people is complaining about SP?, really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ahriya    1
On 11/14/2018 at 8:03 PM, NazgullSupport said:

With some common sense you perfectly know that with those damned XP Scroll, you'll have a terrible trouble with SP... You have already achieve your goal of reach fast to high level, and now people is complaining about SP?, really?

Leveling normally without the use of EXP Scrolls you get from dailies and saving them because I'm doing Aden dailies ...

 

Anyways... Server population as of 11/16/2018 dropped significantly... Because scaling in Lineage 2 broken. Head my advice and adjust the scaling or facilitate it as a convenience item. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ahriya    1
On 11/14/2018 at 7:27 PM, AngelaMerkel said:

when i say l2 classic i dont talk about 2004, i talk about l2 classic client, which was introduced 2013 or 2014 and yes, it was intended to have sp issues, when u never die

It's a stupid mechanic to penalize a player for "not dying." You realize this right... Yet you still think it's a good mechanic to have?! No wonder ppl lose interest and profits from this game are abysmal. 

NCSoft-Q3-Financials-620x285.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ahriya    1
5 hours ago, Joaqo said:

You have to administrate SP, is part of the game dude, it suppouse to be hardcore 

Allocating SP to things that are "necessary" is what everyone does... but that doesn't make it hardcore... Setting the XP, SP & Adena gain low and not scaling it properly doesn't make the game "hardcore" it makes it a "waste of time."

When a game becomes a "waste of time" people tend to do malicious things.

 

Anyways back to the point...

"My Opinion" of What makes the game hardcore are... the gambling mechanics / long distance running back n' forth / Long drawn out questing/ grinding efficiently in dangerous / Looking for items in a sea of stores... Etc.

Regardless of your opinion or mine... it's a subjective idea/thought...

 

So lets look @ things Objectively...

What will happen if you do not scale Adena / SP / XP...?

(A) People complain (see forums)

(B) People talk shit about the game (check region chat)

(C) People leave (Traffic normal)... 

(D) People Bot

 

What is the purpose of running Games like lineage 2?

Answer: Money.

Is NCsoft a publicly traded company?

Answer: Yes.

 

Who is NCsoft Trying to Target in their games?

Answer: People with deep pockets... A Job... A Career... Large Disposable Income... (Aka Whales)

Whale.png

 

Again My Opening thread is quite reasonable and it's a win-win for both company & players looking for a convenient way to obtain SP while still trying to grind out there XP normally...

VIP.png

(Hard to Spend Money in a game that offers very little in the L2 store except for mid-grade scrolls)

SP.png

Cheers!

 

 

Edited by Ahriya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bastor    21

You are supposed to pick your skills to match what you're doing.

 

I don't think anyone is swimming in SP and you're supposed to pick skills to fit what you're thinking of doing, you're not expected to have all skills as all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×