Account share /w family different PC bannable?

BlitzBlade

Any form of account sharing is bannable. As I recall it used to be explicitly mentioned that that includes relatives.

Now, the other part of the story is that they do not actively look through account access logs in attempt to determine who is account sharing. However, the typical situation is that you write to support about a lost item, they notice that you yourself traded it away (or whatever) despite knowing nothing about it, so in light of potential account sharing they lock your account, then you and the other person both write to support to unlock it, both provide the account specific info and then BAM. Multiple people knowing account details means the account is compromised and then it becomes permanently locked without ability to appeal.

On 11/11/2018 at 12:01 AM, BlitzBlade said:

Is it a bannable offense to let a family member log onto your account with their IP (their pc opposed to mine) even if they live with you?

As long as you log from the same IP it's ok, but if you share acc with someone with different location, you might get hit.

On 11/12/2018 at 1:27 AM, mixa said:

As long as you log from the same IP it's ok, but if you share acc with someone with different location, you might get hit.

That's highly unlikely. Most people have dynamic IP addresses nowadays. Now I have a router between the internet endpoint and my PC, so my IP only changes every few days, but up until 2 or so weeks ago, my IP changed every time I turned my PC off, as it was connected directly to the endpoint. I also log in from my parent's place (also different IP every time I restart) every few weeks when I visit and I browse the forums from work. I also logged in to the forums through mobile internet. I log in from 3-4 different places, and my authorized locations page is like 3 or 4 screens long since the 30th of September, because of my often changing IP. No problems whatsoever. Hime also confirmed that they don't actively look for account sharing, so even though it's bannable, as long as an account doesn't receives NCoins bought by several different sources and you don't do stupid shit like several people contacting customer support about the same account, you should be fine.

Archived