Drop rate

MrUniverser

Although it was a good idea to bring back the old days of L2 , where you have to make everything , there is one big problem that the Producers are not getting and although this Classic Game seems popular at the moment, it will die very quickly once people understand how impossible it is to make things when the drop rates are below 1%.

You will have S grade characters wearing D grade armour and using D grade weapons unless they get a extremely low chance of a weapon drop.

The idea of making stuff is real good and always has been but unless you adjust the drop rates so people can actually get the materials and other stuff needed to make it then lol it will fail.

The only other alternative to this is bring back the Common Weapons and Armour drop that can be bought and sold until you open it . then it becomes bound to that person and can no longer be sold or dropped and can only be trashed by deleting at least people will be able to make money and have proper weapons and armour.

If you do not do this then this Classic Server will die.

If you make games so hard that people can not make their own equipment , then people will not play them or they will just log on every now and then to keep their accounts active in hope that things will change one day.

The best thing L2 Producers introduced to this game was Common Binded Weapons and Armour as drops and at a rate of say 5 % , it gave people a chance to play the game.

This is not only in the Classic Server but also the other non classic servers too where I basically no longer play because of the above reasons there too.

I thought I would try this Classic Server and see if anything has change but no nothing has changed and the drop rates still remain under 0000000.1 to 1% for materials and weapon/armour drops like on the other servers its impossible to make stuff or buy stuff without money.

My name is MrUniverse and I have been playing L2 since the Classic C4 version.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhm...... You get free D armor at 25.

There is an event where you have a chance to get a top D weapon and I know several friends that got rewarded with 2 or 3, so are droping a lot !!! During a cassual farm sesion a buddy droped a D bow. I myself got 1 ring and 1 necklace D grade droped, several boots and gaiters. Also lots of keys and fragments in order to craft some gear like blunts/spears/jewelery.

At lvl 40-51 you have 2 dungeons where you can get top C items.  There are already various Katanas and Eminences running through the market. Already saw BW materials and B grade weapon keys.... AND YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW HARD IT IS?  Yes, there are lots of people 50+ still in D grade but at least they made a way to have a chance to high value drops by beeing high lvl. 

All I can say is while you guys waste your time to complain other people invest that time to obtain the items I mencioned..and the proof is there...people are getting TOP gear and even overenchanted items.  This is a long therm gameplay, its about constancy not rushing into.

By the way...no S grade so far..... Cap is B...so aint that HIGH and IMPOSIBLE.

I looked on L2s website for information on the Classic server to see what it was about and not to my surprise their is non.

So I am just telling you my experience so far , without any information on the game on their website I can only guess but lol from past experiences I know from what I have seen so far with the spoil and drop rates for Mats its a fail.

How can you expect ppl to spoil and kill mobs just so they can get materials to make stuff with a drop rate 1.087% — 1.323%  are you ppl stupid ? lol 

Bro your talking to someone that has been playing this game since lvl 76 was the highest lvl you could get , so I know what the problems are with L2.

when they brought in common item drops the scammers / botters / adena farmers died.

because there was no market for their product anymore , pure and simple.

At this point in time on all L2 servers everywhere you must not only put up with an impossible drop/spoil rate but you also must compete with many bots doing the same thing as you trying to spoil for materials and there maybe 20 ppl competing for only a few mobs.

lol seriously if you can not see whats wrong with L2 ever since I started playing when Draconic Armor was top armour the same problems still to this day.

The drop and spoil rates suck and this makes a market for Botters / Scammers / Adena Farmers etc etc etc and also keeps the Private L2 servers open.

4 minutes ago, Krissa said:

The only people that do like common bind item drops are scammers and botters and adena farmers.

No need for ppl to bot or adena farm if the drop rates are reasonable and ppl can make their own money and own gear  / no need for bots / bots will not have a reason to be here anymore and when I talk bots im talking about professional adena bots who do this for a living from country like china/Korea etc etc.

where theres a market they will find a way

1 hour ago, MrUniverse said:

Although it was a good idea to bring back the old days of L2 , where you have to make everything , there is one big problem that the Producers are not getting and although this Classic Game seems popular at the moment, it will die very quickly once people understand how impossible it is to make things when the drop rates are below 1%.

You will have S grade characters wearing D grade armour and using D grade weapons

you lost me here,   go kill a raid boss and distribute the drops . . .

lol go kill a raid boss ? here on classic server ? how about I go by myself with d grade if im lucky / roflmao

whoopy doo I got a wep drop from a RB now what ?

what about the rest of my gear lol just a wep from a RB isn't going to fix the problems they have always had Weps and Armour from RB drops nothing new here but the sad thing is the drop rates from a RB are 1000 times better than your normal mobs.

When I talk drop rates im talking about mat drop rates and spoil rates for mat not for wep or armour drop.

I don't give a hoot about mobs dropping weps or armour.

I'm talking mats with a drop rate of 0.001% — 0.005% or under 1% nobody is going to spoil or go after mats with a drop rate of less than 5% lol at 0.001% — 0.005% serious ?

lol whoopy doo you get a wep drop from a RB so lets just make it a RB server lol ?  seriously.

6 hours ago, MrUniverse said:

goodbye , let me know when you Producers want to know how to run the game properly. 

I'm not some teenager or even close. most here wouldn't be old enough to know what Lineage C4 was cause its nearly 20 yrs old. older than most who play it.

this is not Chronicle 4 .  This is "L2Classic " version . NEW and REVAMPED game version that has nothing to do with the Old l2 u used to know . 

its time to learn what game version u playing . Only the mobs and the areas looks the same as before . EVERYTHING is much much much different

7 hours ago, MrUniverse said:

The only other alternative to this is bring back the Common Weapons and Armour drop that can be bought and sold until you open it . then it becomes bound to that person and can no longer be sold or dropped and can only be trashed by deleting at least people will be able to make money and have proper weapons and armour.

If you do not do this then this Classic Server will die.

The best thing L2 Producers introduced to this game was Common Binded Weapons and Armour as drops and at a rate of say 5 % , it gave people a chance to play the game.

:D:D:D:D.   This is the exact reason why l2 is dead. We dont need ANY of those.  This is not even l2.  There are ppl 65+ already with B grade. Perhaps if this game is feels too hardcore for u just quit.

Yes, droprates are low BUT they are the same for everybody else.

If you start to gain less adena and aquire less drops as you go up in levels then there is something wrong with that there is no denying it. No game I've ever played works that way, not even old school L2 worked that way 14 years ago.

Hopefully in time when enough people start to adventure into the areas that were not "fixed" yet the admins will fix these issues, I'm just gonna hope for the best since the server is still relatively new and the team behind L2 is probably relatively small.

Archived