Jump to content
Forums

Recommended Posts

Hello there again, I'm pretty sure I've made another post about it but i'll keep coming back until at least an Admin answer me on that why they took this desicions without asking the community.
1)Why PK system is like this? I mean ok, should be hard but people are not dropping items when dying by mobs, so they can just stand next to you and KS, talktrash, whatever and you cannot PK them as well cause you need to make a quest with 50k adena and 2 rebuffs AOEing to get 50 Q items and clean 1 SUPER PK.
2)Why people are not dropping items from mobs? Well, PK and that together makes the SUPER PVE-BOT ever server. Bots are running next to you in big areas and you cannot do anything at all, just to try kill them by mobs which is waste of time cause you earn nothing, they just spawn in town and comming back.

May a admin please answer on these? The 20k+ people that've joined in these 4 servers, I'm not sure if they like your desicion to make it like this. Maybe you should make a poll/discusion about it? At least to change 1 of them.

*Edit* However, we don't even have Castle sieges/olympiad, so it's 95% farming game. People still playing Lineage cause it's based on free world, nice pvp and it's a cool game, if you remove the nice pvp they will get bored I guess, right?

Edited by SOiL
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SOiL said:

*Edit* However, we don't even have Castle sieges/olympiad, so it's 95% farming game. People still playing Lineage cause it's based on free world, nice pvp and it's a cool game, if you remove the nice pvp they will get bored I guess, right?

Hello,
About this: "if you remove the nice pvp they will get bored I guess, right?", you're partially right. Some of us still love to farm and make pvp eventually if it is needed, so just some ppl could get bored, but no everybody.

I hate Bots a lot, but I hate much more getting PK just because they suppose that it is funny and kill you. I understand that you'll love to give Kill to these Bots, I woul like to do it too, but if the PK style is removed, then we will get here the abusive people I as talking about, and it is not good for the community.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NazgullSupport said:

Hello,
About this: "if you remove the nice pvp they will get bored I guess, right?", you're partially right. Some of us still love to farm and make pvp eventually if it is needed, so just some ppl could get bored, but no everybody.

I hate Bots a lot, but I hate much more getting PK just because they suppose that it is funny and kill you. I understand that you'll love to give Kill to these Bots, I woul like to do it too, but if the PK style is removed, then we will get here the abusive people I as talking about, and it is not good for the community.

Even with PK scrolls system, ain't that easy to clean, cause you need a lot of adena to buy them and clean the karma you earned to use them. However don't forget there are not CH's at all to use bsoe

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Zeeki said:

This PK system need fix. It is like PVE server, but damn - this game is supposed to be Lineage 2, the best PvP game ever. And what?

You're confusing PVP with griefing/ganking. If you're going red you're not pvping you're griefing/ganking. If you're purple and your opponent is purple then congrats you've achieved PVPing.

If you want to grief/gank be prepared to pay the price.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

You're confusing PVP with griefing/ganking. If you're going red you're not pvping you're griefing/ganking. If you're purple and your opponent is purple then congrats you've achieved PVPing.

If you want to grief/gank be prepared to pay the price.

You are confusing L2 with some shitty wow clone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Tool.  Going red on someone who can't or won't fight back is not PVP.  It's ganking.  However much you might want to kill bots who don't fight back (and of course we all want to!), that is not PVP.  PVP is a fight between two willing participants.  The server will, of course, have more PVP when Oly and sieges (both castle and fortress) start.  In the meantime, those who really want PVP should join a clan and war another clan of similar size and strength.  Then the two clans can PVP to their hearts' content. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the change to the PK system has changed this game drastically.

This game used to be all about PvPing for exp spots, but nowadays, both interested parties just stand next to each other and KS untill somebody gives up and leaves. It sucks the life out of you. You can't do anything about it at all, PK'ing is not feasible unless you want to completely give up your character because you can't work off karma from 10 pk's in any realistic ammount of time.

I really don't understand the route Korea has chosen with the new PK system which does so much damage to L2, nobody likes it, and groups can't kick each other out of highly contested spots by pk'ing. I guess I already know the real answer,  since in Korea there are karma removal scrolls available in the shop, we just have to deal with the same mechanics that were applied for their cash shop game -- instead of letting us have the old mechanics which worked wonderfully.

Edited by ret
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Lawman said:

I agree with Tool.  Going red on someone who can't or won't fight back is not PVP.  It's ganking.  However much you might want to kill bots who don't fight back (and of course we all want to!), that is not PVP.  PVP is a fight between two willing participants.  The server will, of course, have more PVP when Oly and sieges (both castle and fortress) start.  In the meantime, those who really want PVP should join a clan and war another clan of similar size and strength.  Then the two clans can PVP to their hearts' content. 

Our definitions for ganking must be different. Ganking means multiple people killing the same person. If someone is scared to fight back and gets pk'd that's on them. That's not a gank. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

ffs open your eyes. everything is done to work with bots.

PK System is like this because if you easy lose your karma, bots won't be able to farm and would have to make more complex scripts for them to keep boting.

Drop System is like this because if players drop on dead, bots would lose easily their gear and would not be so profitable for them if that happened.

BOT report button is useless because if bots would get something heavier than a simple debuff ( that in most cases is like having no debuff ) they would not be able to bot the way they can

and NCSoft considers this system the way it is super viable, or else how could bots farm and NCSoft make even more $$$?

guys, open your eyes and don't play games that come from this kind of company

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 2:15 PM, SOiL said:

Hello there again, I'm pretty sure I've made another post about it but i'll keep coming back until at least an Admin answer me on that why they took this desicions without asking the community.
1)Why PK system is like this? I mean ok, should be hard but people are not dropping items when dying by mobs, so they can just stand next to you and KS, talktrash, whatever and you cannot PK them as well cause you need to make a quest with 50k adena and 2 rebuffs AOEing to get 50 Q items and clean 1 SUPER PK.
2)Why people are not dropping items from mobs? Well, PK and that together makes the SUPER PVE-BOT ever server. Bots are running next to you in big areas and you cannot do anything at all, just to try kill them by mobs which is waste of time cause you earn nothing, they just spawn in town and comming back.

May a admin please answer on these? The 20k+ people that've joined in these 4 servers, I'm not sure if they like your desicion to make it like this. Maybe you should make a poll/discusion about it? At least to change 1 of them.

*Edit* However, we don't even have Castle sieges/olympiad, so it's 95% farming game. People still playing Lineage cause it's based on free world, nice pvp and it's a cool game, if you remove the nice pvp they will get bored I guess, right?

Oh hi soil! :D Good points there but I think it's time to accept defeat and just wait for zaken patch on club tbh

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an elf-unicorn bot killed recently. I just kept attacking it while it kept healing himself and eventually the unicorn started casting the MP-recovery spell all while a couple aggressive mobs were targeting them; eventually the mobs dealt the final hit (as I was calculating the damage so that I didn't do myself).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kraken said:

Our definitions for ganking must be different. Ganking means multiple people killing the same person. If someone is scared to fight back and gets pk'd that's on them. That's not a gank. 

Each person has a different view, I guess.  If you attack someone who does not want to PVP you and continue to attack anyway, as far as I'm concerned that's on you.  You can call it ganking or just being a bully.  Whichever, it is shameful behavior.  Unless, of course, your clans are at war.  Then it's perfectly all right!

P.S.  Obviously, the above doesn't apply if the person you are killing is botting.  Problem is that anything done to encourage killing bots, such as having them drop items, also encourages bullying behavior and killing of innocents.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lawman said:

Each person has a different view, I guess.  If you attack someone who does not want to PVP you and continue to attack anyway, as far as I'm concerned that's on you.  You can call it ganking or just being a bully.  Whichever, it is shameful behavior.  Unless, of course, your clans are at war.  Then it's perfectly all right!

P.S.  Obviously, the above doesn't apply if the person you are killing is botting.  Problem is that anything done to encourage killing bots, such as having them drop items, also encourages bullying behavior and killing of innocents.  

There has always been bullying in L2. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So many ignorant people who have no clue why the drop on pve death was removed.

 

It was removed back during C3 do to gross abuse of the mechanic to kill player shops in Oren, Giran, and Aden. People would get trains of mobs that used aoe abilities frequently and would train them into town and get the mobs to use their aoe abilities in town. They would be standing in the middle of the shops and many are very low level alts either buying or selling. They would die en masse and the griefer/exploiters would then grab the drops. This cause a huge outcry not only among NA and EU customers but also in Korea.

 

In hindsight they could have left pve death drop in the game and made it so a monster entering town instantly got ported back to its spawn point, but who knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kraken said:

There has always been bullying in L2. 

Sad, but true.  As I said before, L2 seems to attract people specifically because they get to do in the game what they've always wanted to do, but would never really do, in real life.  That doesn't make it right.  It just is sad that some people want to act that way in real life or in a game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What lol? L2 is about raise, earn money, get items and exp faster. Because that is true MMORPG the resources are limited. So players have to fight for spots, raid boss etc. And PK is one of they way. By cut possibility of PK you does not protect weak, but cut the way for partisan type of fight. You also give advantage for the classes that are better on KS - mages and archers.

And again, if somebody  think about PVP in L2 as fight between equals or as consensual fight, should change the game. In this game PvP starts at the moment when you create your character.

And this PK system is broken and break the game. Same as this stupid event that gived random people few top D weapons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zeeki said:

And again, if somebody  think about PVP in L2 as fight between equals or as consensual fight, should change the game. In this game PvP starts at the moment when you create your character.

Actually with current settings you should be the person to change the game. You know how the game is set up and if you don't like it it is impolite to ask other players to leave and to ask NC to change the game that will fit your expectations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Medeoan said:

So many ignorant people who have no clue why the drop on pve death was removed.

 

It was removed back during C3 do to gross abuse of the mechanic to kill player shops in Oren, Giran, and Aden. People would get trains of mobs that used aoe abilities frequently and would train them into town and get the mobs to use their aoe abilities in town. They would be standing in the middle of the shops and many are very low level alts either buying or selling. They would die en masse and the griefer/exploiters would then grab the drops. This cause a huge outcry not only among NA and EU customers but also in Korea.

 

In hindsight they could have left pve death drop in the game and made it so a monster entering town instantly got ported back to its spawn point, but who knows.

We ain't talk about C3 were daggers bringing trains to people and people dying. I'm talking about l2c, they've changed that feature while should exist, the reasons are up

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...