Jump to content
Forums

Fix queues - Introduce AH


Recommended Posts

The hundreds of player shops and people fishing are one of the reasons there are long player queues. I understand that these long queues generate revenue for NCSoft by pushing people into buying VIPs, but at some point this has to be resolved. One very easy way to do it is to introduce the auction house, and I think players should be asking for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, gkz said:

The hundreds of player shops and people fishing are one of the reasons there are long player queues. I understand that these long queues generate revenue for NCSoft by pushing people into buying VIPs, but at some point this has to be resolved. One very easy way to do it is to introduce the auction house, and I think players should be asking for it.

How does that Auction House works and how it could get lower or solve the qeue times?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SourSoup said:

Only going help with shop issues that's about it, just mean people just afk fish instead of selling shop. 

I think that even when the fishing quest turn over, and they make something about online shops, the people can let their characters hitting NPC's, and if they fix that some other can let them logged using some ridiculous dance with that trashie in their hands... I mean, no matter what they do, people will always find the way to stay online... this won't going to have an end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NazgullSupport said:

I think that even when the fishing quest turn over, and they make something about online shops, the people can let their characters hitting NPC's, and if they fix that some other can let them logged using some ridiculous dance with that trashie in their hands... I mean, no matter what they do, people will always find the way to stay online... this won't going to have an end.

Think more its over population of server, if their chance of having que no one going log out and have to deal with it, might just people standing around or sitting around when they not on, only option is 1. more server room but same time going have less and less grind spots 2. Open another new server and have one team allow transfer VIP fast same day and get more room 3. Probably have to get another team just to do bots all day long to get more room but same time  a lot or buffer chars around so talking some people have 2-6 chars on at one time, few have 2-3 some 4-6 ;p two pc's for win. 4. Yes I wants more server's -_-  we have gludio but that slowly getting there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NazgullSupport said:

How does that Auction House works and how it could get lower or solve the qeue times?

Of course, people can stay online for any arbitrary reason, like hitting NPC or just sitting afk in CH (I do that). However, arguably a lot of these PC shops that take active player spots will disappear if there is an auction house to put your items in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gkz said:

Of course, people can stay online for any arbitrary reason, like hitting NPC or just sitting afk in CH (I do that). However, arguably a lot of these PC shops that take active player spots will disappear if there is an auction house to put your items in.

I'll check what the hell is an auction house, because I don't understand anything. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NazgullSupport said:

I'll check what the hell is an auction house, because I don't understand anything. Thanks.

Auction house is an NPC where you put your items and the price you want to sell them for, so you don't have to setup a shop and can log off. Other people can use the auction house to see the item and buy them. When someone buys the item the adena is sent to you via in-game mail. Live servers have this, and it should greatly reduce the number of shops.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gkz said:

Auction house is an NPC where you put your items and the price you want to sell them for, so you don't have to setup a shop and can log off. Other people can use the auction house to see the item and buy them. When someone buys the item the adena is sent to you via in-game mail. Live servers have this, and it should greatly reduce the number of shops.

Thank you a lot, I was reading exactly the same... but I think this won`t solve anything... may be it could works getting a bit less the trouble but it won't to help too much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NazgullSupport said:

:S So the best you can do is wait until something really hard happens and things change... but that is almost a miracle. Hope you can get a well soon. :)

Nothing will change lol. This is L2, it was always like that and will remain so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, gkz said:

Of course, people can stay online for any arbitrary reason, like hitting NPC or just sitting afk in CH (I do that). However, arguably a lot of these PC shops that take active player spots will disappear if there is an auction house to put your items in.

action house has nothing to do with classic. korea has 3.0 patch i think and they dont have auction house. here we have 1.5. 

even if they add auction house in a later patch here will come in 2+ years

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gkz said:

The hundreds of player shops and people fishing are one of the reasons there are long player queues. I understand that these long queues generate revenue for NCSoft by pushing people into buying VIPs,

Your understanding is wrong. NCsoft loses revenue on these queues.

 

4 hours ago, gkz said:

One very easy way to do it is to introduce the auction house, and I think players should be asking for it.

Yeah, one very easy way to "resolve" player queues is to convert classic servers into "live" (read: dead) servers, by adding "features" that dumb down the game. Unfortunately for NCsoft, it will lose even more money in this case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Krissa said:

Your understanding is wrong. NCsoft loses revenue on these queues.

 

Yeah, one very easy way to "resolve" player queues is to convert classic servers into "live" (read: dead) servers, by adding "features" that dumb down the game. Unfortunately for NCsoft, it will lose even more money in this case.

 

 

Don't see how you could state that with certainty. Whether they are losing money or not depends on the average spending of each player with queue vs without it. It requires fine-tuning for which you and me don't have the data for.

 

Second part is a slippery slope, since I spoke for the auction house and nothing else. There's a point to be made that it might affect how live the server appears to be, which in turn may affect the actual "liveness", and that can be discussed, but that's a different issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gkz said:

Don't see how you could state that with certainty. Whether they are losing money or not depends on the average spending of each player with queue vs without it. It requires fine-tuning for which you and me don't have the data for.

"Queues" bring just $1 per account per month. That's nothing compared to VIP4 people that quit because it takes them an hour to log into the game.

4 hours ago, gkz said:

Second part is a slippery slope, since I spoke for the auction house and nothing else. There's a point to be made that it might affect how live the server appears to be, which in turn may affect the actual "liveness", and that can be discussed, but that's a different issue.

Auction houses are enough. They would kill the vital part of the game, benefit mostly bots and adena buyers, and won't solve the queue problem by any other effect than player base attrition.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...