Jump to content
Forums

Mage with bow, casting speed ?


Recommended Posts

Blunt, sword, 2H blunt - 520 cast speed

Bow - 370 cast speed

I would like to have 520 on bow if there is no restrictions for weapons in passive skills.

Im curious what was that great and mighty tactic buffer + bow, which pushed you to change these stats.

So i should call that bug or bug on purpose what you implemented many years ago on retail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Raynesong said:

It was done intentionally because healers were rooting everyone in pvp and attacking with the bow. You could root people over and over because there was no diminishing return on the skills back then.Since then casters have a penalty with a bow equipped

Yea but i dont understand the logic in that.

Healer can do same with a mage weapon and after change for bow, but i dont know maybe changing weapons in pvp when you need to heal/root and sometimes hit with bow

is 2 skilled for some players, but i dont see the reason why they could not do like this.

Or you tried to say me that with bow root had 0 cooldown cause of some bug.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Glam said:

There is also summoner with bow to consider.

Anyway summon got penality from atk speed.

Nukes are more effective than bow aut attack on mages and even without mana with that low STR is tragic and as i said before, swap weapon should not be a problem for heals/skills and hitting.

Edited by Dkny2yj
er
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dkny2yj said:

Anyway summon got penality from atk speed.

Nukes are more effective than bow aut attack on mages and even without mana with that low STR is tragic and as i said before, swap weapon should not be a problem for heals/skills and hitting.

Prophets back in time were UBER, since they can buff, wear heavy or light. Since there are no SAs or Runes for Specialabilitys right now an Nuker/Buffer would be TOO overpowered. Having them limited in Casting speed while having a ranged Meleeweapon is just fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tinuphyl said:

Prophets back in time were UBER, since they can buff, wear heavy or light. Since there are no SAs or Runes for Specialabilitys right now an Nuker/Buffer would be TOO overpowered. Having them limited in Casting speed while having a ranged Meleeweapon is just fine.

Ppls should realize that swap weapon from mage to bow/dagger/duals etc is not that hard by pressing weapon in toolbar.

So if you have 2 hands you can still do same thing with that casting restriction just by swaping weapons in moments what are better for you for heal/skill or aut attack.

If ppls not doing that, they are just lezy, medium at pvp or that techinque is not enough good as all belive that it was.

In this case that penality doesnt have sense.

 

P.S. if that penality doesnt have sense i would like to use enchanted bow on mage for pve, with proper cast speed not bugs on purpose fiesta mode v10.

Edited by Dkny2yj
add
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Dkny2yj said:

Ppls should realize that swap weapon from mage to bow/dagger/duals etc is not that hard by pressing weapon in toolbar.

So if you have 2 hands you can still do same thing with that casting restriction just by swaping weapons in moments what are better for you for heal/skill or aut attack.

If ppls not doing that, they are just lezy, medium at pvp or that techinque is not enough good as all belive that it was.

In this case that penality doesnt have sense.

 

P.S. if that penality doesnt have sense i would like to use enchanted bow on mage for pve, with proper cast speed not bugs on purpose fiesta mode v10.

But that insist you to even have 2 weapons. Not to reach the weightlimit, you need another D, later on another C weapon to do so. The penality does have its reason. You know what doesnt make sense? Why does a Heavy Armor or Light increases your Casting Speed? This is classic. YOu dont got any NPC Buffs like on all these Freeshards. A merely buffed Archer is attacking slower than you could battleheal you. A Duell beween 2 Level 35 Archer and Prophets, both in Light + Bow would always end up in a victory for the Prophet, since he is healing way faster as he could damage you.

"But you can switch weapons" THEN DO IT !? If you dont wanna invest into another weapon as an supporter, live with the lowered C Speed, like EVERYONE did past Chronicle 2 in 2005....

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the normal effect from Weapon Mastery that mages learn. It goes way back to like interlude afaik, probably even older effect. The effect give you P/M atk by % and Flat depending on lvl and reduces cast speed on bow only. Can't remember % tho.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tinuphyl said:

But that insist you to even have 2 weapons. Not to reach the weightlimit, you need another D, later on another C weapon to do so. The penality does have its reason. You know what doesnt make sense? Why does a Heavy Armor or Light increases your Casting Speed? This is classic. YOu dont got any NPC Buffs like on all these Freeshards. A merely buffed Archer is attacking slower than you could battleheal you. A Duell beween 2 Level 35 Archer and Prophets, both in Light + Bow would always end up in a victory for the Prophet, since he is healing way faster as he could damage you.

"But you can switch weapons" THEN DO IT !? If you dont wanna invest into another weapon as an supporter, live with the lowered C Speed, like EVERYONE did past Chronicle 2 in 2005....

This what are you saying is nonsense.

First of all if any heavy armor and light got cast speed bonus in some conditions and they lose another bonus for that, is called tactic to offer more potential and strategy in that class, so you are more competetive than just bying a typical buffer.

This is the reason why they add such things, you can use brain to create tactics and step forward to be a skilled player not another typical champion and beying.

Invest in weapon ? On max lvl you will have 3-4 mages weapon with nuke in them and you talk about problems with 1 mage and 1 bow ?

When i played dagger on ollympiad i had only 4 sets and you talk about 2 weapons.

Btw i dont play typical buffer, i have sws + sps and buy 2 weapons would not help me to do trains with low cast speed bow.

Tactic for olly/pvp and pve are 2 different things.

And i only see  that cast speed on bow is broken because ncsoft made a change in past where someone did not think a lot about that.

This change is just rearded with 0 sense and can be avoided.

Even if nwm, but i would like to see that someone can say something more smart than supporting wrong reasons of that change, because these reasons doesnt work if someone want to dodge them.

 

Cy around, play hard go.

Edited by Dkny2yj
er
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dkny2yj said:

Ppls should realize that swap weapon from mage to bow/dagger/duals etc is not that hard by pressing weapon in toolbar.

So if you have 2 hands you can still do same thing with that casting restriction just by swaping weapons in moments what are better for you for heal/skill or aut attack.

If ppls not doing that, they are just lezy, medium at pvp or that techinque is not enough good as all belive that it was.

Ok so stop being lazy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...