Forums

Server Maintenance: Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Conguero

• L2 Team

All game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 5am PST / 7am CST / 8am EST / 1300 GMT and ending at approximately 7:30am PST / 9:30am CST / 10:30am EST / 1530 GMT. Estimated downtime is 2 hours 30 minutes.

With this maintenance:

• Circlets of Power will be made available on the L2 Store which can be enhanced and upgraded in a variety of ways.
  • The Fortune Reading game will end.
    • Eve the Crystal Seer will stick around to fulfill your card reading needs until February 28, at which time any leftover tickets and coupons will be deleted.
  • Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during tomorrow's maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @L2andAionOps for maintenance and server status updates.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cause we really needed more game breaking p2w items ok but don't forget to add the dragon weapons next, then the dragon shirts, then the stage 7 brooch jewels, then sayha talisman and let's not forget the jewels of the gods while we're at it :)

just slam dunk those all in one go so we can peace out already thx!

1 minute ago, Draecke said:

cause we really needed more game breaking p2w items ok but don't forget to add the dragon weapons next, then the dragon shirts, then the stage 7 brooch jewels and let's not forget the jewels of the gods while we're at it :)

just slam dunk those all in one go so we can peace out already thx!

Yeap, RIP L2.

btw in Korea some of these items made a lil bit of sense as there one could use the edge this gear gives in PVE to xp till 110 but as NC refuses to give us the same XP curve regardless of what type of gear we have we're still stuck at 105 aka zero need for more gear cause really why bother ?

ah yeah pvp / oly well guys look the price tag for that just went up again with a few thousand lulz

just a friendly warning there will be quite a few more p2w events as I listed above coming our way that each will require such additional investment and for what really.. one should seriously ask themselves that question ;)

It really wouldn't be as bad if there was anything even remotely comparable for these equip slots that are farmable or available without NCoin store (either buying yourself or buying from players)  [correct me if I'm wrong on some of these, only been back 7mo]
Cloak: best non-store one is +1 all stat from Exalt,
Brooch: no other way besides store event to get jewels,
Hair Accessory: best non-store you can get is 50 attribute atk/25 def or 3 stat and 5% def/atk
Shirt: best ingame is 2 str/con/int/men, 1 dex/wit, 7 speed, 30 res from istina/octavis
Agathion: not sure what the best farmable one is, but not sure you can get the ones with skills without event (maybe on auction but theres been only a couple)

These don't even come close to how strong the NC Store items are, and without buying when they come out there is no way to obtain them or even get close.  At least put some sort of mechanic in the game where you can spend daily coins to buy event items (like 1000 coins for 1 lv1 jewel box or something). Have an NPC up at all times that sells all past event items for a price.  That way if you missed an event, or if you can't spend hundreds of dollars every single month you aren't screwed to be competitive at a decently high level.

Just now, EgglandsB said:

Agathion: not sure what the best farmable one is, but not sure you can get the ones with skills without event (maybe on auction but theres been only a couple)

These don't even come close to how strong the NC Store items are, and without buying when they come out there is no way to obtain them or even get close.  At least put some sort of mechanic in the game where you can spend daily coins to buy event items (like 1000 coins for 1 lv1 jewel box or something). Have an NPC up at all times that sells all past event items for a price.  That way if you missed an event, or if you can't spend hundreds of dollars every single month you aren't screwed to be competitive at a decently high level.

Agathion's - well NCWest disabled the ingame way of getting them through fishing as it is done in Korea but we already got the message from NCWest that fishing was way to rewarding so can't blame them for that right ;)

Store Exclusive Limited Time Only = rip off prices can be charged, the moment it's commonly available high prices can't be justified etc etc - it's classic sales marketing

So let me get this right not only our beloved GM's gave us something we don't need anymore but in order for us to upgrade this f2p p2w amazing circlets we need a noble stone and radiant stone and this stones can only be acquired if we buy the most expensive packs which is 14k ncoin damn you guys aren't even being subtle in showing your greediness lmao ^_^

Im curious what happen each time this and similar items are introduced,

Are we getting nerfed our abilities, skills and gear  for same amount that new items add?

Or  mobs get stronger for that amount?

Or NCSOFT let that rich people die of boredom because for them mobs become too easy with no challenge?

NcSoft interference on market:

Brooches:check

Jewels:check

Talismans:check

Shirts: check

Cloacks:check

Agathions:check

Hair Acc:check

Sets:Just be patience, comming soon

Weapons:Just be patience, comming soon

Well, after sets and weapons you can just delete AH :D But look at bright side, you can have top items even you are not part  of a top clan or have a cp to grind days for it. This fit perfectly on what I wrote on Freya regarding Freya situation.

Pleaseee, give us more..we want sets and weapons :D

oh my god....this is madness...and they never stoped....this is a new strategy. in the past, a good event was every 6 months...now we have a new stronger greedy one event every month...i think is the moment to stop all feeding this gambling roulette.

7 hours ago, Conguero said:

All game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 5am PST / 7am CST / 8am EST / 1300 GMT and ending at approximately 7:30am PST / 9:30am CST / 10:30am EST / 1530 GMT. Estimated downtime is 2 hours 30 minutes.

With this maintenance:

• Circlets of Power will be made available on the L2 Store which can be enhanced and upgraded in a variety of ways.
  • The Fortune Reading game will end.
    • Eve the Crystal Seer will stick around to fulfill your card reading needs until February 28, at which time any leftover tickets and coupons will be deleted.
  • Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during tomorrow's maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @L2andAionOps for maintenance and server status updates.

put Grand/Dinato set pls :)

10 hours ago, Draecke said:

for sure I know plenty of crazy p2w addicts that will not stop as whats an extra few grands when you already spend 25+K on your virtual toon right ? :D

Well Draekcke for sure Truffle will make all of them +15 waiting for Neutron/Conguero to put Chronos Aden Castle in the L2 store so he can buy even it and finally quit :D

Oh wait and Tevas will make a video showing how it's possible (with 72 luck and a maphr shirt +10) to oe em to +5 :P

Last year I said to Sandrah to wait for oe nails but i was wrong I have to admit it :\

P.s. count it better Draecke ... Truffle was cruising with 200kkk and more for his daily expenses.

You'd better to talk about 7.2kkkk and more aka 72k $

2 hours ago, Zier said:

I am wondering maybe Ncwest noticed the end of the game is coming so they increase the amount of p2w in order to get every last drop out of it.

The earnings reports are published on NCsoft's own website and the NCWest staff knows as well as everybody else that while Aion, Blade&Soul and Guild Wars could slightly recover in the last fiscal quarter, Lineage 1 and Lineage 2 continue on their slow but inexorable journey downwards:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=407&start=2060#p37760

In addition to that, Neutron and Hime are following developments in Korea and know fully well that the KR patches for Lineage 2 are becoming so minor that they are not worth mentioning any more, as Illogical from Rochand put it:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2094&start=60#p37745

And since they can read Korean, they also know that the shareholders (mainly the South Korean government via the National Pension Service) are urging the company to abandon PC-based MMORPGs and invest more in the development of mobile games. Whether this is smart from a long-term perspective is debatable. Check what I am discussing with Berger here and on the following page:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2106#p37771

But that's all of secondary importance for the current milking. NCWest simply needs money to pay the salaries of the 100 developers in their new mobile studio at San Mateo, developers who so far have not developed one single game but still have to eat every day.

Archived