PLEASE MAKE IT P2P GAME!!!!

lilia

Look what happening in servers bots are destroyng servers they dont care to create new characters they dont care about bans they just spam new accounts! make it pay 2 play server please bots automaticly will be destroyed ! 

9 hours ago, lilia said:

Look what happening in servers bots are destroyng servers they dont care to create new characters they dont care about bans they just spam new accounts! make it pay 2 play server please bots automaticly will be destroyed ! 

Thanks for the laugh.

In case you don't get it the retail version of this game was swamped with bots too. "legit" players along with the standard gold farmers. Even though you had to buy a copy of the game and pay a subscription. The botters would use stolen CCs and such to get into the game for a bit bot like crazy transfer the adena and move on as the account is closed for fraud.

10 hours ago, Infraction said:

you are soooooo delusional you think p2p will solve bots problem? you must be new to l2 look at skelth p2p system got completely bleeped from rmt 

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/barrierstoentry.asp

https://www.economicshelp.org/microessays/markets/barriers-entry/

https://mises.org/library/understanding-barriers-entry

Simply put, you're wrong.

If Skelth got destroyed it had nothing to do with pay2play.  There's many other factors at play, game management and development for a few.

14 minutes ago, FatHips said:

If Skelth got destroyed it had nothing to do with pay2play.  There's many other factors at play, game management and development for a few.

In my opinion it has. As time flows and the progress slows, people getting bored, that's when they should lower the subscription cost, let's say 5euro instead of 10.

35 minutes ago, marcysiek said:

In my opinion it has. As time flows and the progress slows, people getting bored, that's when they should lower the subscription cost, let's say 5euro instead of 10.

I don't know enough of the history of Skelth, since I only played there recently.  But I do think that a subscription-based server is better for the players and, perhaps, better for NCWest in the long run.  NCWest probably sees Classic as a short-term money maker, though, and they can make more money in the short term from P2W.  Sad, but they are probably right.  I do wish they would make one new server and make it subscription based with no P2W and bots heavily policed and see what happens.  It seems like it would be worth the experiment, anyway.  What do they have to lose? 

1 hour ago, Lawman said:

I don't know enough of the history of Skelth, since I only played there recently.  But I do think that a subscription-based server is better for the players and, perhaps, better for NCWest in the long run.  NCWest probably sees Classic as a short-term money maker, though, and they can make more money in the short term from P2W.  Sad, but they are probably right.  I do wish they would make one new server and make it subscription based with no P2W and bots heavily policed and see what happens.  It seems like it would be worth the experiment, anyway.  What do they have to lose? 

Yes, it seems that NA Classic is just to make fast-cash for ncwest. Why would the make the "normal" server, when the p2w shheit and bots give them way moore $, they don't give a sheit about the Lineage 2 (sad... very), their main goal (sadly too) is just to earn as much $ as possible in a short term

1 minute ago, marcysiek said:

Yes, it seems that NA Classic is just to make fast-cash for ncwest. Why would the make the "normal" server, when the p2w shheit and bots give them way moore $, they don't give a sheit about the Lineage 2 (sad... very), their main goal (sadly too) is just to earn as much $ as possible in a short term

Do you really think they re-opened an L2 server from a scratch just because they love the game themselves? Live was dying, they had to make money on the game somehow or get rid of it forever, hence this came up. 

Pay2Play will not solve the bot issues, or might soften their grip a bit, but there still will be lots of bots gladly paying the subscription fee (just as they run with vip accounts now).

Also this will negatively impact the f2p players, which if not all, the majority of them will leave. The servers will end up dead in just a month or two and the money flow will stop. That will lead to mergers and a lot of frustration.

Although I wish it was p2p, the reality is that f2p brings more nubs that are willing to pay for vip4 and xp runes, shots, scrolls and what not, thinking they can outpay the rest and be "stronK" players. This is a really a good revenue stream for NC, so I'm sure there won't be any change to P2P ever.

Archived