Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Hime

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, marcysiek said:

As long as players pay them (ncoins, l2store etc) they don't have any motivation to change anything. Want changes? Stop paying, vote for changes with your wallets!

They obviously don't care, real people stop playing and it just becomes an RMT/Bot fiesta like Skelth. Just baffles me how the same mistakes keep being made over and over when people want this game to succeed so freakin badly.

2 minutes ago, GodEmperorRump said:

They obviously don't care, real people stop playing and it just becomes an RMT/Bot fiesta like Skelth. Just baffles me how the same mistakes keep being made over and over when people want this game to succeed so freakin badly.

So sad that the player base cares more about the game than the Devs.

2 minutes ago, GodEmperorRump said:

it's not a mistake, do you realize how much $$$ they made from the start... They'll just open new classics in 2-3 years and the story will repeat

1 minute ago, marcysiek said:

it's not a mistake, do you realize how much $$$ they made from the start... They'll just open new classics in 2-3 years and the story will repeat

Yea, I doubt anyone is going to play a fresh server of this crap even 2-3 years from now :D illegal servers are better if we know the server has no chance to survive indefinitely.

2 minutes ago, ZygiA said:

No-lifers will probably stay in the long run no matter what, casuals will go :P I don't mind running around to the farming spots and spamming /loc to port back to town, but it won't be for everyone for sure :)

So we are fated to the same death as illegal servers, slowly bleeding out until you have like 300 people logging in a day, nice. And I'm saying this is a no-lifer, I'm always one of the last to give up, but man NCsoft what you are doing here pains me greatly.

GKs should be considered a luxury, you should not use them constantly. You can run to the hunting spots and you should. Also learn the soe spots for cheaper moving around, when you need it.

Nothing more to say than, get used to it. In later updates you'll be able to use the GKs more and more, eventually.

4 minutes ago, mixa said:

GKs should be considered a luxury, you should not use them constantly. You can run to the hunting spots and you should. Also learn the soe spots for cheaper moving around, when you need it.

Nothing more to say than, get used to it. In later updates you'll be able to use the GKs more and more, eventually.

EXSDEE, do you even realize gatekeeper is not actually the main concern for the community? people like you are the ones that keep getting bleeped by NCSOFT but still on their side, go work for them

1 minute ago, Elek said:

EXSDEE, do you even realize gatekeeper is not actually the main concern for the community? people like you are the ones that keep getting bleeped by NCSOFT but still on their side, go work for them

Bro he doesn't even play the game, just posting on forums like a clown, how do you expect him to know the actual issues.

1 hour ago, Hime said:
  • The Free teleports server setting will come to an end.

I think I have come to the ultimate solution, add my teleport to classic and with the VIP 4 give 3 my teleport scrolls per day, Problem Solved!!!

2 minutes ago, Rain said:

I think I have come to the ultimate solution, add my teleport to classic and with the VIP 4 give 3 my teleport scrolls per day, Problem Solved!!!

This isn't even the problem though, the problem is mobs at 50+ are dropping 120a..

29 minutes ago, mixa said:

Nah, gtf outta here with this shiit already lol.  Teleports WERE considered a luxury.  In 2004.  This is barely even the same game.  Makes no sense to charge for teleports in THIS version where we are 40+ in a month with people in top C grade.

it's apples and oranges.  

RMT's are gonna make a fortune soon I think!

51 minutes ago, mixa said:

Cool story, maybe luxury for some KR/RU server.

Here NA server, thats why xp scrolls/DGs/Events.

Face it, we are other kind of customers.

56 minutes ago, mixa said:

This guy clearly doesn't even play the game trying to teach 30+ year olds who played L2 since 2004 on what the experience should be. Well, let me tell you something, NCWest have already ruined that experience by letting everone get free D and C weapons, Armors and Juwels, so don't even tell me about 'LUXURIES' lol. 

2 hours ago, leoniums7 said:

i cant believe they dont say something about the rates on 40+

i cant understand! O.o

They have

"Thank you for your well written post. As you've pointed out, we've adjusted the rate scaling for a few zones that had the most questionable rates. Based on the feedback seen, we understand it was not a satisfactory result, but it is what we can address at this time. We're a bit in the middle of the road here because I can't promise there will or won't be future changes. "

So in a nutshell it has been fixed and thats all your going to get..

3 minutes ago, Tonk said:

I am beginning to believe the people that post supportive replies are alt accounts of the Devs: because I know zero people that think that support for Classic is addressing the issues.

I'm yet to find a single person in game who thinks so too lol, and I am conversing with mainly people who are lvl 50-65. 

3 hours ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 5am PST / 8am EST / 1300 GMT+1 will be unavailable for approximately 3 hours

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • Pumpkinface Curse or Candy Halloween event will end and related event items will also be deleted:
    • Jack O’Lantern
    • Halloween Gift
    • Halloween Candy
    • Lingering Halloween Level 1-3
  • Puss the Cat’s dye exchange services will end in one week.
  • The Free teleports server setting will come to an end.
  • Halloween items will no longer be available to purchase from the L2 Store.
  • Gludio Server Boost Event (XP/SP/Item Drop +30%) will come to an end.
  • Added a /localtime command to display your local time in the chat window.
  • Fixed an issue where Olympiad messages would appear in the chat window.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

@Hime, @Juji, not a word about progress on fixing the rates, on bots, on banning people who aren't bots, on queues, on upcoming events, on anything the people here are interested in.  And, obviously, nothing being done to correct any of those problems.  Shameful, just shameful.

Archived