Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Hime

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 5am PST / 8am EST / 1300 GMT+1 will be unavailable for approximately 3 hours

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • Pumpkinface Curse or Candy Halloween event will end and related event items will also be deleted:
    • Jack O’Lantern
    • Halloween Gift
    • Halloween Candy
    • Lingering Halloween Level 1-3
  • Puss the Cat’s dye exchange services will end in one week.
  • The Free teleports server setting will come to an end.
  • Halloween items will no longer be available to purchase from the L2 Store.
  • Gludio Server Boost Event (XP/SP/Item Drop +30%) will come to an end.
  • Added a /localtime command to display your local time in the chat window.
  • Fixed an issue where Olympiad messages would appear in the chat window.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

You guys fixed NOTHING. Its simply a bad joke. test the stuff you are about to "fix" befor you fool us. simple bullshit.

So the free GK teleport will come to an end..Can atleast provide mounts so we can enjoy running around from aden to giran back and forth? I remember NCsoft gives this for 1 ncoin at live servers before and was taken for granted cuz nobody needs it..I guess the Classic server really needs one..
I know these mounts don't feel like classic, but the adena/spoil drop rate doesn't feel like it either..all-mounts.jpg

Heard a leak about a new event starting tomorrow called, Aden Triathlon. Start by swimming from Talking Island to Gludin, run to Giran and afk fish for 2 hours and then finish by running the rest of the way to Aden. Good luck everyone. Don't forget your Elven Mithril Sets. I heard to winner will get enough adena to port back to Giran.

@Hime @Juji

Your reasoning why rates are so messed up with that its a free to play game doesn't actually make sense unless you are going to make p2w items in the ncshop. As the vip silver coin bonus does help players not having to roll on a alt spoiler as much or spend so much on crafting and most people would get this anyway even with x1 rates, even just to move up in the queue. To the 50% increased drop rate of vip 4 would also help cancel the need for people to roll spoilers as much, while 50% increased rate for a 1/35000 (x1 rates) full wep drop isnt even game breaking as the chance is still ridiculous so not a viable excuse on why to doctor rates (which shouldnt affect adena rates, which clearly it has).

This game is meant to be played with x1 rates and you altered the adena/drop/spoil to suit the GOD update onwards, not the "classic" l2 we all remember and love. Also the fact that x2 hp mobs or x3 hp mobs don't drop x2-x3 adena actually even goes against the mechanics of the prelude-god l2. 

For having the rates the way they are there is no excuse, except to force people to pay for p2w items in the ncstore that you will put in there eventually as people leave due to your inability to implement proper rates. Also having the rates the way they are you are making the rmt and botting even more of a problem. Also bottle necking people into certain places, like where spellbooks drops. Yes I remember spending a few days trying to get the book I want, but never weeks and weeks. 

You have stringed us along "testing" your rates but in the end just give us the x1 rates this game is meant to be played with your reasoning and excuses just make the situation worse, while also making ncsoft seem oblivious to its own games mechanics and to the general happiness/health of the community.  

The only ones not complaining mainly are the people with deep pockets, people getting deeper pockets, trolls just trying to get reactions out of people on the forums or the guys in  hardcore cp's (which even some of them have left/are complaining). Cause in the end they are the only ones that benefiting from this. Ncsoft would still have a very strong vip 4 community as maintaining vip 4 is like p2p and is a good way to save time/adena on crafts. 

In the end just give us the x1 rates this game was meant to be played with, not NCwest's own messed up rates that in the end only hurt this game and its community.

@Hime @Juji If you read this thanks for your time and I mean no disrespect. I know it isn't just up to you to change things but you are the voice of the community in Ncwest (voice to the community as well) and your community is not happy. 

8 minutes ago, Arthin said:

@Hime @Juji

Your reasoning why rates are so messed up with that its a free to play game doesn't actually make sense unless you are going to make p2w items in the ncshop. 

That’s exactly what you should expect in the nearest future and at end game, including items not available anywhere but the L2Store

8 hours ago, Hime said:
  • Pumpkinface Curse or Candy Halloween event will end and related event items will also be deleted:
    • Lingering Halloween Level 1-3

Buffs reawards are deleted too ? i have 21 buffs lvl3, waiting to use later ....  no sense, are reawards!!!!!!!!! Delete only npc, lantern and candy! NCsoft ? Oo

6 minutes ago, Miho said:

Buffs reawards are deleted too ? i have 21 buffs lvl3, waiting to use later ....  no sense, are reawards!!!!!!!!! Delete only npc, lantern and candy! NCsoft ? Oo

It was announced when the event started, so what’s your point?

8 minutes ago, Miho said:

I understand you... but that statment was bewared before event started, just burn them now

The best and so stupid reason they give about low rates is cos of bots, to not get them profit... Dear Hime just please log in into game and check how many bot party keep farming without shots, they just don't care what rates You will give cos they run 24/7, and You only hurt LEGIT players, which can't be online all the time to earn something. For all of You population are just numbers, but we all know who from our friends already decide to leave this servers. All the empty spots are taken by new bots, so You just think that everything is ok while it's not. 

The biggest problem is that You do the same mistakes You were doing on Live servers. But ppl aren't so stupid and decide to leave much quickly than before, because we all know where is that going.

2 hours ago, GodEmperorRump said:

Guess it's time to finally level a crafter to make shots tomorrow, hell if I'm giving NCosft another cent for this garbage service :D

Not that easy, as shots are being sold very cheap. This means that crystallizing items from the shop will make you lose money - for example to make SSD for 9 adena you actually have to buy D-grade for much cheaper to get that profit margin you want.

As for the maintenance, saddened but not surprised.

1 minute ago, ragingducks said:

Not that easy, as shots are being sold very cheap. This means that crystallizing items from the shop will make you lose money - for example to make SSD for 9 adena you actually have to buy D-grade for much cheaper to get that profit margin you want.

If you get your D crystals at 500a, you can make SSD for 8.5 adena. 8.494, to be precise.

Archived