Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Hime

21 minutes ago, mixa said:

Nobody is forced to buy anything, hence they are players before anything else.

A player that is a customer is better called Lamer and these players are disregarded as handicaps, unfit to compete in hardcore environment.

They are customers anyway. You may be a 'lamer' for purchasing your internet service, you could live without it right? Nevertheless, you are a customer. 

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Hime said:
  • Pumpkinface Curse or Candy Halloween event will end and related event items will also be deleted:
    • Jack O’Lantern
    • Halloween Gift
    • Halloween Candy
    • Lingering Halloween Level 1-3
  •  

potions lvl 3 from halloween will be deleted from the bag? wtf

Just now, sxsilver said:

How about for the people that do pay.......we give them real Adena rates? There is nothing in the store that can help the crappy economy. Maybe NC should sell Adena so we have a legit way to get some

RMT are selling Adena actually. Sooo...You know what to do...

Just now, LinaInverse said:

No idea where you people farm, but I get a profit of 150k per hour. That means, taking all the costs away, I sill get that amout at the end.

They don't need to fix the adena rate, they need to fix the spoil rate. 

That's my guy!

3 hours ago, ragingducks said:

Yes, but that's a great price for crystals. You won't find it easily.

Not really, the problem is that whales are driving the market and players don't spend the time porting around to verify prices for themselves (and even less now). I'll give you an example without naming names, there are at least 3 sets of people that I have seen who trade for 0 gain. They trade to drop/raise market prices, and they are whales... They drive crystal prices up and down alone, by setting up a shop in say gludio selling 4-10k of them at 500, then buying them in giran at the same price. This forces everyone above to match the price since there are just so many cry moving (effectively freezing every other trader). The inverse also applies on the buy side, when they drive the market back up to 600, by buying the same amount of cry at a higher rate say 550. The issue in the cry market is that the average trader is either lazy, ignorant, and impatient on most (if not all) trades. So for example, if there was a char that bought at 501 and sold at 520, and there was an unwritten agreement that people would trade only to that person(s) within that range, then they would make a small margin and prices would eventually have to match (but you have to factor in player greed / need / and now the new tp rates will make players park boxes in towns).

The real issue here is that the Drop/Exp/Sp/Spoil rates are garbage. They removed the need for an entire class by adding VIP (Spoiler). They removed a core need for active buffer's by enabling tri boxes (in PVE not PVP). They are adding in the cost of TP's (which is fine), though they haven't addressed the fundamental issue with the rates (Which they say they have). They have only buffed a few zones which will force a bottleneck, as other people before myself have mentioned, meaning that only the best geared people will have the average - best spots. This in turn will force new people to have to fight for spots (YES, woohoo, great, this is why we play!!) though, they will not be able to compete for the zone; due to the fact that players that have out leveled the zone will be lingering there since there is just nothing better....

They are balancing these needs by beating around the bush and loading up the shop, which there is nothing wrong with... Assuming that they want to lose their F2P market and stick with only their Subs, which a portion will also leave. Thats due to the fact that they are only willing to pay a sub fee, and not continue to pay for what should be provided to you for free in a free game. At the end of the day, there is nothing wrong with what they are doing to the game depending on what their vision for the game is. My fear is that with each patch that fails to address important on going issues, more and more people will leave. Cant put a bandage on a gunshot wound and expect the person to heal, same for a game. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

4 minutes ago, November said:

Not really, the problem is that whales are driving the market and players don't spend the time porting around to verify prices for themselves (and even less now). I'll give you an example without naming names, there are at least 3 sets of people that I have seen who trade for 0 gain. They trade to drop/raise market prices, and they are whales... They drive crystal prices up and down alone, by setting up a shop in say gludio selling 4-10k of them at 500, then buying them in giran at the same price. This forces everyone above to match the price since there are just so many cry moving (effectively freezing every other trader). The inverse also applies on the buy side, when they drive the market back up to 600, by buying the same amount of cry at a higher rate say 550. The issue in the cry market is that the average trader is either lazy, ignorant, and impatient on most (if not all) trades. So for example, if there was a char that bought at 501 and sold at 520, and there was an unwritten agreement that people would trade only to that person(s) within that range, then they would make a small margin and prices would eventually have to match (but you have to factor in player greed / need / and now the new tp rates will make players park boxes in towns).

The real issue here is that the Drop/Exp/Sp/Spoil rates are garbage. They removed the need for an entire class by adding VIP (Spoiler). They removed a core need for active buffer's by enabling tri boxes (in PVE not PVP). They are adding in the cost of TP's (which is fine), though they haven't addressed the fundamental issue with the rates (Which they say they have). They have only buffed a few zones which will force a bottleneck, as other people before myself have mentioned, meaning that only the best geared people will have the average - best spots. This in turn will force new people to have to fight for spots (YES, woohoo, great, this is why we play!!) though, they will not be able to compete for the zone; due to the fact that players that have out leveled the zone will be lingering there since there is just nothing better....

They are balancing these needs by beating around the bush and loading up the shop, which there is nothing wrong with... Assuming that they want to lose their F2P market and stick with only their Subs, which a portion will also leave. Thats due to the fact that they are only willing to pay a sub fee, and not continue to pay for what should be provided to you for free in a free game. At the end of the day, there is nothing wrong with what they are doing to the game depending on what their vision for the game is. My fear is that with each patch that fails to address important on going issues, more and more people will leave. Cant put a bandage on a gunshot wound and expect the person to heal, same for a game. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

The best Conspiracy theory i have ever heard in years. Also VIP didn't make Spoilers useless. I don't think that a single archer can make as many Mats as a Scavenger does.

2 minutes ago, tinchooo said:

The Free teleports server setting will come to an end.
I find it bad for new players
imagine the little adena that they take out they spent it on teleports, taking that some missions you have to go back many times

Teleports were always meant to be a luxury, it sucks but running around is good for you.

Monsters in OB , ST, Partisan and AC drop extreme amounts of Adena (especially OB and Partisan). SO: almost EVERYONE levels there, as monsters outside of this zones drop significantly less. Leveled 3 alts in these zones till 30 and made at least 3kk this way, despite constantly using SS / bSpS. Now there are such a lot of people crowded in these zones, that game fun gets lost totally.

Good job NC Soft. Why dont you simply erase all other low zones from the map. Almost nobody uses them. This way you could save a lot of server ressources. And people will save a lot of Adena in the future for unneeded ports to this zones. Ah no you cant, you need areas where bots can farm totally unnoticed.  *sarcasm off*

2 minutes ago, Kraken said:

Teleports were always meant to be a luxury, it sucks but running around is good for you.

Again, don't talk about luxuries please when every second person is walking around with top C and D weapons that they got for free. 

5 minutes ago, tinchooo said:

The Free teleports server setting will come to an end.
I find it bad for new players
imagine the little adena that they take out they spent it on teleports, taking that some missions you have to go back many times

Solution: Don't use teleports.

There, bye bye fee expenses. 

Also, if I'm not mistaken, free teleports are still going to run for 1-40 lvls. So no problem there.

2 minutes ago, Londreaz said:

The best Conspiracy theory i have ever heard in years. Also VIP didn't make Spoilers useless. I don't think that a single archer can make as many Mats as a Scavenger does.

Perhaps not as an archer, though when you compare the Spoil Rate of fully buffed Spoiler vs a the rate at which coins come into a nuker it can get disproportional very quickly. I have been playing with a spoiler for a while in my parties and it just doesn't land, its more effective to just have him OH with his mana the majority of the time. This has been our experience, this doesn't mean we will not continue to play with one. It just doesn't feel like they are bringing what he once did to the table.

2 minutes ago, Kraken said:

That is RNG, my friend. 

No, that is BS. It killed the economy, it killed the need for spoilers and crafters and mats. It allowed those who do not want to farm and collect mats to receive top weapons/armors in no time. 

Archived