Lineage 2 Classic - Bigger problem ?

Rhylix

I am sure this thread will be full of haters momentarily lol, but I am wondering if the Lineage 2 Community as a whole is missing something rather huge imho and am just curious what other people here think.  When NCsoft announced they were putting up "Hardcore Lineage 2 Classic servers" I was thrilled.  I expected servers with a 1x rate on everything - grinding for days just to get a level, spoiling for days just to get the recipe you were trying for - Hardcore.  I hate all the bots and adena sellers as much as the next guy, and the rates for 40+ mobs very well may be pooched atm, but I don't think that is the real problem here.  I truly believe where NCsoft has dropped the ball is all the extra XP boosts.  Think about this for a moment - because of all the extra XP - including the Halloween Event - players have leveled up so fast that they don't have the adena for gear or teleporting or shots.  If you leveled up a character using only clan XP and party XP - you would then have farmed up enough adena for everything because you would have leveled up MUCH slower.  I realize players want to hit 60+ NOW, but that is NOT a hardcore server at all.  You can currently get a character up to level 20 in an afternoon - again, that is NOT hardcore.  Yes, it would take you say 3, maybe 4 days, maybe a week if you don't have time to play often, to hit level 20 without all the extra XP but, you would have farmed enough adena in that time to buy whatever gear you needed and, it would also give huge incentive to join a clan.  Lastly, by giving all this extra XP and allowing players to level so fast, players are now farming areas that were not intended to be ready until further updates forcing NCsoft to do major updates on both mobs and areas ahead of schedule just to make a few super high level players happy.  This is just my opinion, but am curious what others think.

Theres no point in craft anything in this server until B grade since you can get many Top D weapons with afk accounts and sell these weapons to make C grade with crystals.

I feel sorry for the dwarves setting store to craft stuff like Brigandine. Theyre true hardcore players expecting ppl to play the game as its supposed to be played. It wont happen. Everything is a mess on this version of classic.

illegal servers out there are doing a better job emulating the experience.

No . What does lvl matter ? If i am lvl 40 + and can easy farm 40+ areas i should not make less adena than a char 35 farmin in 35 areas. It rly doesnt matter how fast u level if u can farm next lvl area . Ye we would have had more adena and more sp if xp boosters would not have been added but the concern here is not the adena we lost leveling faster or the gear we would have had now without  xp boosters, the concern is that higher lvl areas are less rewarding than lvl 30 areas. Its more rewardin to delevel ur char than to actually progress with it . And that my friend is retarded. Spoiler has always been a moneymaker char, except here where it is useless, just check giran markets and see how many mats are sold ( most being from silver coins) . A mage lvl 40+ and deleveled to 38 is making alot more adena than a spoiler per 1h farm .

The free to play with cash items didnt help the ones willing to spend money to progress faster (im ok with that ),  it just fkd the ones who are playing free ( cant login without vip , cant get decent drop etc )

Im outtie 

1 hour ago, Rhylix said:

I am sure this thread will be full of haters momentarily lol, but I am wondering if the Lineage 2 Community as a whole is missing something rather huge imho and am just curious what other people here think.  When NCsoft announced they were putting up "Hardcore Lineage 2 Classic servers" I was thrilled.  I expected servers with a 1x rate on everything - grinding for days just to get a level, spoiling for days just to get the recipe you were trying for - Hardcore.  I hate all the bots and adena sellers as much as the next guy, and the rates for 40+ mobs very well may be pooched atm, but I don't think that is the real problem here.  I truly believe where NCsoft has dropped the ball is all the extra XP boosts.  Think about this for a moment - because of all the extra XP - including the Halloween Event - players have leveled up so fast that they don't have the adena for gear or teleporting or shots.  If you leveled up a character using only clan XP and party XP - you would then have farmed up enough adena for everything because you would have leveled up MUCH slower.  I realize players want to hit 60+ NOW, but that is NOT a hardcore server at all.  You can currently get a character up to level 20 in an afternoon - again, that is NOT hardcore.  Yes, it would take you say 3, maybe 4 days, maybe a week if you don't have time to play often, to hit level 20 without all the extra XP but, you would have farmed enough adena in that time to buy whatever gear you needed and, it would also give huge incentive to join a clan.  Lastly, by giving all this extra XP and allowing players to level so fast, players are now farming areas that were not intended to be ready until further updates forcing NCsoft to do major updates on both mobs and areas ahead of schedule just to make a few super high level players happy.  This is just my opinion, but am curious what others think.

That's a very fair assessment with much truth behind it. 

2 hours ago, Rhylix said:

Even on a VIP0 account using minimal to no exp boosts and leveling two characters to lvl40 at the same time hasn't netted me anymore adena than anyone else. I understand the point you're trying to make but that's just not the case here. The issue isn't with leveling too fast, it's an actual problem with the adena rates and drop rates in general for some areas at least, and whether that's by design remains to be seen.

2 hours ago, Rhylix said:

Yes. People think that the real fun starts in later levels when they have all the skills they want.  They xp mindlessly like robots dreaming "when i get strong, the whole server will worship me". And the months pass by without them having fun and being stuck at the "noob" (according to them) levels.

How wonderful would be to see mass pvps at 20 lvl with wind strikes? Or to see people forming 9man parties for the underground dungeons? Or to gather 50 people to kill a 30 lvl rb? Or to see just 2 purple people pvping for their mob? 

Right now everyone wants to rush levels to be ahead of everyone, which is impossible. And pointless in classic, since xp alone means nothing.

guys this is bleeped up from the start

players lvl up too fast from 1-20 and not even 9 full parties could kill a raid boss like Princess Molrang because no one had proper equipment in the right level!

Everything is wrong...Moon sets ? Really? WTF was that!

And the halloween even killed the server because theres absolutely no reason to craft D weapons anymore, people is selling those TOP D that drop from Queen Ant like water in the tropicos. Theyre everywhere.

Well said, actually.Also the main problem is that most ppl are trying to rush to gain advantage by abusing all these boosts available and then you end up with countless QQ posts like "omg fix the rates QQQQ", "amagad the GKs are not free anymore, QQQQ" ......

4 hours ago, Ulyo said:

Theres no point in craft anything in this server until B grade since you can get many Top D weapons with afk accounts and sell these weapons to make C grade with crystals.

I feel sorry for the dwarves setting store to craft stuff like Brigandine. Theyre true hardcore players expecting ppl to play the game as its supposed to be played. It wont happen. Everything is a mess on this version of classic.

illegal servers out there are doing a better job emulating the experience.

You're vastly over exaggerating. I've been doing 9 accounts every day since the event started and I've seen one weapon just yesterday.

Brigand was never going to be a serious thing to craft. I can't believe people actually thought d grade was going to be profitable.

If we had the AE capability in beta that we had now D grade would of been nothing. People are stacking XP boosts galore and AEing like never seen in the old days.

5 hours ago, Rhylix said:

i was about to agree with you, but then i remembered that they did not fix any area. Neither high or low. So, i don't know if they really trying to fix areas or they just fix some of them just to say ''We did something''.

First off, big thanks to all the responses here, I am pleasantly surprised.  I agree that the drop/spoil and adena rates are currently completely messed up and need attention.  I was under the impression from day 1 that this was going to be a HARDCORE experience, and so far I don't feel that is the case at all.  That being said, maybe I'm just a dreamer lol, but I still have faith that they will get things sorted out, the only problem now is - how much damage has already been done to the economy and how many players will/have left due to things being messed up from the start.

Again, thank you to everyone for their input on this thread !

Archived