Bots... Drops... Adena...

Harbinger14

My friends are quitting because playing the game together on their preferred classes bankrupts their account. Archers being a primary suspect for cost/shoot ratio that doesn't meld well with in-game rates. I personally understand that they don't have the patience to sit and scam or up-sell through the market all day to make income in-game.

Paying for shots doesn't alleviate everything. My Tyrant on my VIP 4 account in Bear Totem still burned through 20k shots in less than two days. That's a very expensive, methanol burning drag car ratio for gassing up my character. It'd be cheaper to take a rental Boat out into the Gulf every weekend rather than to rely on that to make in-game 40+ rates sensible.

Cruma Tower killed my community; my Clan. Gamers that have been together for 3-6 Years ended up squabbling over the scraps that dropped in Cruma prior to buffed rates. Didn't even truly give it a second go around before people re-rolled to live the Lineage 2 dream that is D grade. 

An Archer that spent weeks farming at 48+ and made millions was giddy to be able to take enchanted duals into Ants Nest and turn a very large profit margin since he was able to solo a group oriented area. Mind you he also had his boxed Prophet spamming heals, buffs etc. Not everyone in this game was fortunate to have time off to speed level to near B-Grade and profit off of individuals who were either fortunate or illegitimately rich.

I agree with sentiments others made over the Halloween cake walk event. It was harshly punishing towards me personally as I legitimately ground out my Top D Giran Shop Bich'Hwa fist weapon. When I went to sell it the market had crashed and I had to beg someone to take it for 1.2kk and actually ended up crushing it with my Clan leader to sell of the shots. Several of the more casual members became part of the top-hat society due to fortunate rolls from the event. Very counter-intuitive that the most expensive and sought after weapons that the majority are in are being handed out freely despite predecessors taking a full month to achieve that goal. Also, no I was not one of the lucky ones despite trying on all three of my active accounts.

I've been in raids for the last few days, teleporting half way across all of Aden and watching Necromancers, Archers and DDs burning shots for 20-30 minutes in numbers of 30+ individuals only to see 1 million of value yielded. Naturally these items were immediately absorbed into the Host Clan's warehouse. Remember that teleports will also not be free now for us on the north side of 40.

This game that I remember was large in scale and demanding. However, it rewarded individuals for watching margins and promoting synergy between decisions you'd make with others. 9 player parties where everyone had a job and sometimes people out of party had to throw a hand in to keep the gears turning. That's what I came back for, that's why I'm here.

However several of my Clan members were wrongfully banned and I am very certain they're upstanding when it comes to the subject of software automation. These people cried in my ear for weeks about grinding Spider's Nest and no drops.  After the bans were overturned, they're very far behind and missed out on that vital Halloween Event that others had the benefit of.

And as of last night while levelling an alt Nuker in Cruma Marshlands I stumbled upon a swarm of bots. I used my Warcrier to train high level mobs to their location and combat logged. After the bots were done resting for MP they'd auto-target the Marsh Stakato Workers and promptly die, proving they were in fact a bot. I wracked up 14 bot kills in the window of an hour and the area was still not clean. I reported, took videos in some cases and continued on with my mission. It didn't even take a full hour before some of them made their return debut in Cruma Marshlands. While I'm hearing that inevitable sound of a drop enter their inventory while I feverishly toil away at pressing F1 2,222 times manually to gain that 0.07% enough times to level and make roughly 100k Adena per level.

Please, I'm a loyal fan of Lineage 2 despite all things suspect. It's a fun game at it's heart and the grand scale of the game is part of it's draw. I just don't like seeing plain and clear pay to win. Literally, if you want income you have to pay otherwise your margins will leave you in everyone's wake. We had to stop inviting people to our parties who didn't participate in the turkey shoot at Spider's Nest for several weeks. We also had to stop levelling mains and make alt accounts since the rates diminished so harshly and didn't scale with parties, levels or even ideal gearing well enough to support community play. Don't kill this game, I've already probably logged close to 600+ Hrs since classic launched due to my medical conditions leaving me available to play around the clock.

I remember what playing on Kain in C4 was like. I was very alienated and alone due to being a NA in middling portions of the game. Most places I went was a ghost town and had to start over on Bartz in C5. I don't intend to quit but I'd rather hang on to at least 40% of the people I've met throughout to the endgame content.

Ohhhh... I will tell you something:

1- Stop create a new topic about "I am leaving, because....." - it is so stupid. If you don't want to play - leave it silent. END.  What will be happend with the  forum if everyone will create the topic about quit / leave??? 

2- Stop Spam forum about FIX this, FIX that, FIX .. FIX.. FIX.  Don't like-  don't play!!! No one forces you to play this Game. When "YOU" start the game you press the button "AGREE" - it is mean you are agree with the conditions of the game, if you don't agree - Game will not started.

3- Is it to hard for you -don't play / leave or stop to play for some time and wait better time.

4- Yes the game has some issue / bots/ adena / drop etc - It takes time to fix it, give the support time, "Who are you?"- that NCSOFT must immediatly hear you and do what you want????

5- Please never write BEFORE was better -  So say people who can do nothing in the present!!! Remeber it.

2 minutes ago, Aliaksandr said:

1- Stop create a new topic about "I am leaving, because....." - it is so stupid. If you don't want to play - leave it silent. END.  What will be happend with the  forum if everyone will create the topic about quit / leave??? 

2- Stop Spam forum about FIX this, FIX that, FIX .. FIX.. FIX.  Don't like-  don't play!!! No one forces you to play this Game. When "YOU" start the game you press the button "AGREE" - it is mean you are agree with the conditions of the game, if you don't agree - Game will not started.

3- Is it to hard for you -don't play / leave or stop to play for some time and wait better time.

4- Yes the game has some issue / bots/ adena / drop etc - It takes time to fix it, give the support time, "Who are you?"- that NCSOFT must immediatly hear you and do what you want????

5- Please never write BEFORE was better -  So say people who can do nothing in the present!!! Remeber it.

I'm not going to take your response seriously as it is very clear you didn't even read my post. All of this was inferred from the title and at no point did I evaluate game vs game. I also plainly stated I don't intend to quit, but I am certainly losing my social circle as I continue. :)

Many of the solo areas are un-economical for archers and other DDs. My only advice is stick it out till Fields of Massacre(55+), Plains of Glory(60+), Wartorn Plains(65+) that got buffed in the last hotfix. Why they didn't buff any solo areas below level 55? No idea. Guess they like watching people with lives suffer and give incentives to adena sellers.

Edit: Now that I think about it. The current adena scheme is very much like Live L2.  Adena is complete garbage outside of a few party areas and the top-end hunting fields. Incentivising L2store and RMT purchases to progress to that stage.

2 hours ago, Harbinger14 said:

I agree with sentiments others made over the Halloween cake walk event. It was harshly punishing towards me personally as I legitimately ground out my Top D Giran Shop Bich'Hwa fist weapon. When I went to sell it the market had crashed and I had to beg someone to take it for 1.2kk and actually ended up crushing it with my Clan leader to sell of the shots. Several of the more casual members became part of the top-hat society due to fortunate rolls from the event. Very counter-intuitive that the most expensive and sought after weapons that the majority are in are being handed out freely despite predecessors taking a full month to achieve that goal. Also, no I was not one of the lucky ones despite trying on all three of my active accounts.

Also, my sentiments exactly...

• 2 weeks later...

As a follow-up to everything I mentioned. My Clan's 99% dead. Out of 30 people, I see maybe 1-2 people on casually working the market and one who is an alt-aholic person from the UK.

I patiently waited for the holiday to pass to see who'd be coming back around. After a full week with no Clan leader or any of the other officers, I'm feeling safe to say it's dead.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:12 AM, Aliaksandr said:

On more time I'll take such nonsense and answer it, then I think I'm done with this discussion.

1. He's not leaving.  Read the post before you spew a nonsense answer.

2. There is nothing wrong with people suggesting changes to the game, especially since NCWest itself has admitted they didn't approve the rates and that the rates need to be fixed.

3. Not wrong, just very unkind.  Or, they can continue to play and ask for changes to the game, as the OP is doing.

4. How much time do they need?  These issues should have been addressed before the game was ever released.  It's been two months.  A universal fix to the adena/drop/spoil problem has been available to them from the start (make all rates some % of the 1x 1.5 rates and be done with it) and they have stubbornly refused to even comment on the idea, much less implement it.  They've had more than long enough.  Heck, they've had 15 years to figure out how to deal with bots and they still fail.

5. As someone who has played since C1, before was better.  Has nothing to do with what people can do in the present.  It's just a fact.  Before was better.  The rates were reasonable, spoilers were useful, bots and RMT weren't yet omnipresent, GMs were actually present in the game, castle sieges were a blast, the game was hard, but it was fair and it was fun.  Of course, it was also new and we were all 15 years younger. :)

Some people do want to stay and play not just quit, I quit about 2 weeks ago and waiting for them to fix issues before I either give up and find different game and I enjoy L2 from back then and I did enjoy first month of this game. I'm still hoping for one more new server after they fix all the issues but don't think that's going happen same time they going lose money. People that play on 3 chars not spending no more, I was one of them had 2 buffers all 3 chars 50% rune close to 150$ month no sales, not including shot's  at all, and I know I wasn't only one that paid that. 

12 minutes ago, Vetry said:

I wonder what will people cry about when adena/spoil/drops are fixed. Hmmmmmm ¬¬

Well, the changes NCw did (post release) actually bleeped up the game more than it "fixed" anything and they should be reverted in order to have at least a hope of a real fix.

Now, we all know the adena/drop/spoil isn't going to get fixed (or even "fixed").

But let me tell you the next thing people will complain about: Castles.

1. Sieges will be very hard even with B grade gear, since we are playing Seven Signs with max level 85 (which will be 90 after the next international update) and A grade – and the siege guards are adjusted to deal with people carrying OE A grade weapons and armors (absolutely nobody cares that here we have max level 70 and max B grade drops/craft).
  2. Castles give you NO REWARDS on their own. Every single benefit you can get you must PURCHASE:
    Paid regeneration increase
    Paid teleports
    Paid item shop with paid items
    Paid cloaks
  3. In order to tax the associated village, the ENTIRE CLAN must be converted to permared for the ENTIRE 2 WEEK ownership period. Meaning everyone can attack and kill clan members without any penalty whatsoever - can freely cast debuffs (including OL AoE ones) & DoTs & non-damaging stuns, etc. ON EVERY CLAN MEMBER that owns a castle that taxes the associated village.
    Moreover, you must make the selection shortly after siege ends and CANNOT CHANGE IT until after next siege.
  4. There is no manor system to make easy money and/or to help with strategic item crafting.

20 minutes ago, Devoid said:

Well, the changes NCw did (post release) actually bleeped up the game more than it "fixed" anything and they should be reverted in order to have at least a hope of a real fix.

Now, we all know the adena/drop/spoil isn't going to get fixed (or even "fixed").

But let me tell you the next thing people will complain about: Castles.

1. Sieges will be very hard even with B grade gear, since we are playing Seven Signs with max level 85 (which will be 90 after the next international update) and A grade – and the siege guards are adjusted to deal with people carrying OE A grade weapons and armors (absolutely nobody cares that here we have max level 70 and max B grade drops/craft).
  2. Castles give you NO REWARDS on their own. Every single benefit you can get you must PURCHASE:
    Paid regeneration increase
    Paid teleports
    Paid item shop with paid items
    Paid cloaks
  3. In order to tax the associated village, the ENTIRE CLAN must be converted to permared for the ENTIRE 2 WEEK ownership period. Meaning everyone can attack and kill clan members without any penalty whatsoever - can freely cast debuffs (including OL AoE ones) & DoTs & non-damaging stuns, etc. ON EVERY CLAN MEMBER that owns a castle that taxes the associated village.
    Moreover, you must make the selection shortly after siege ends and CANNOT CHANGE IT until after next siege.
  4. There is no manor system to make easy money and/or to help with strategic item crafting.

The Apocalypse is Coming... Thanks to Gd I'm just relaxed and enjoying the game, instead of hurried getting XP for nothing :D

Archived