the jugdment day is here

2 minutes ago, FatHips said:

Tbh you were bad if that was the case

Nothing at all was difficult about obtaining gear back pre-GOD. Adena actually dropped properly and you could easily gear even being a total random without knowledge and not playing market.

Yea, you have no idea wtf you're talking about. Back in prelude - C4, coming across gear was hard unless you were lucky, bought adena or had an awesome clan that geared you up. Adena also dropped at 70% just like now. 

4 minutes ago, Kraken said:

Yea, you have no idea wtf you're talking about. Back in prelude - C4, coming across gear was hard unless you were lucky, bought adena or had an awesome clan that geared you up.

Not at all, honestly.

Prelude, level 36 had full brig, tarbar on my Orc Raider on Bartz when I quit.  I was like seventeen years old, buying adena was out of the question.  That was my second character after I quit my Palus Knight at level 22 because I got stuck in water and did not know about /unstuck, just to let you know about how much I knew about the game.  All I did was hit monsters without soulshots for 30 levels.

By the end of C1 I had BW light and a BOP +4 on my SR and was level capped at 60 (with C jewels), people who played Bartz remember the character HornyOne possibly.  This was with a borrowed prophet box only.  I also had no idea what I was doing in the game and played totally solo.  I never joined a clan until near level 60.

It only got easier to make money after prelude, so yeah.

2 hours ago, Kraken said:

Dude, during the original times I was using a D grade weapon well into my 50's. I was A grade level before I got a C grade weapon. You aren't meant to get end game in a week.

That only lasted quite a little time in the beginning because the updates that came turned around the whole game. I rerolled and I was having demon's set at like 48, and a homu, with no prior adena investment. At 5x I was having avadon set (not a great one) and valhalla. It was harder to get A grade when you reached the level but getting C-grade weapon when you hit 61+ means you did something wrong or you didn't know how to play back then, like most of us. Next year (2005) everyone could afford gear at their levels, except s-grade, and maybe the a-grade weapon at low 6x, but everything else was more or less affordable.

3 minutes ago, beleaua said:

That only lasted quite a little time in the beginning because the updates that came turned around the whole game. I rerolled and I was having demon's set at like 48, and a homu, with no prior adena investment. At 5x I was having avadon set (not a great one) and valhalla. It was harder to get A grade when you reached the level but getting C-grade weapon when you hit 61+ means you did something wrong or you didn't know how to play back then, like most of us. Next year (2005) everyone could afford gear at their levels, except s-grade, and maybe the a-grade weapon at low 6x, but everything else was more or less affordable.

or the fact that dual swords were insanely expensive and you needed a craft stamp etc. Then they changed it. So all was good. It was never about not knowing how to play. 

23 minutes ago, FatHips said:

Not at all, honestly.

Prelude, level 36 had full brig, tarbar on my Orc Raider on Bartz when I quit.  I was like seventeen years old, buying adena was out of the question.  That was my second character after I quit my Palus Knight at level 22 because I got stuck in water and did not know about /unstuck, just to let you know about how much I knew about the game.  All I did was hit monsters without soulshots for 30 levels.

By the end of C1 I had BW light and a BOP +4 on my SR and was level capped at 60 (with C jewels), people who played Bartz remember the character HornyOne possibly.  This was with a borrowed prophet box only.  I also had no idea what I was doing in the game and played totally solo.  I never joined a clan until near level 60.

It only got easier to make money after prelude, so yeah.

You spend too much in forum and too little ingame. Yesterday i came across your char in giran. Still moon set and novice weap, probably a support (? im selling a divine tunic if interested :P

3 hours ago, DonnieBlunt said:

Increasing adena drop rate for players increases adena rop rates for bots. It would only make any cheaper in $$ so no point in doing that. there is no solution for bots and RMT in old games like lineage 2. Economy in server is working perfectly. getting b grade in a month shuld be close to impossible. I play crafter and mostly sit buying and selling and can tell that there is more and more adena flowing troght the market. 1 more month and u will be able to play here like in any other illegal server

Find me a set of demon gloves, you know, lux shop C grade and tell me the market if working perfectly. 

2 hours ago, FatHips said:

Tbh you were bad if that was the case, which I actually don't believe.  In pure adena drops alone you should have had A grade by level 70 at worst in C3.  I played a prophet in a melee duo which is not a good way to make money, and I had top D fists/tallum robes+heavy / Majestic Jewels and all tatoos at level 63.  I did some market, but most of it was purely through hunting and I saved all mats for the Dragon Grinder craft.

Nothing at all was difficult about obtaining gear back pre-GOD. Adena actually dropped properly and you could easily gear even being a total random without knowledge and not playing market.  It was much more fun than this starving simulator we have now where if you don't have a warlord you cannot progress unless you are solo and ebay.

SO MUCH THIS

The important point being missed here is that the rates are not what they should be, but the game is not Lineage 2 either. It's a bastardization of the original game, and they changed it to be this way intentionally. 

Hopefully we get a manor system soon. Right now NCSoft is focusing on balancing the benefit of a player purchasing VIP4. You'll be able to buy bulk mats with the silver coins, etc.

If a player has 3 boxes in his party each one can get silver coins at a similar rate thus getting a lot of specific materials without actually hunting the high-level areas needed for the drops.

The rates a funky, but there are measures in the game designed to offset some of the bullcrap they put into the game.

Make it subscription based, give a pro-rated subscription to anyone with VIP and fix the drops. Most people will stop complaining.

16 hours ago, Kraken said:

lol nope, not during the olden days. The fact that the dude said it's harder to get gear post-GOD than pre-GOD told me everything I needed to know.

So in other words you're basically clueless. That guy is right. Even me as a mage I got DC robe set on the way to 70. SoM was a bit harder to acquire but at 76 I had enough to craft Arcana Mace.

Go play live servers. Full drop of gear is gone, nothing drops anymore. All instances are for quests and not drops. Spoil is dead, crafting almost dead except the crafting packs you get. The adena you get from mobs doesn't cover the shots so thanks to quests you can get some. But the adena you get is meaningless. You need many billions of adena. You get to level 100, where the game is starting, and you see that with a +3 armor set you're one shot to mobs, in a place where you're supposed to aoe. Your +3 weapon does not do damage. Forget old school +3 is enough. You need +8 armors, or +10 armor if you're a tank or someone who is luring, and you need highly enchanted pve weapons, and some boss jewels, some basic brooch jewelry, and talismans on top, to be able to do damage in this game. And that at 100 zone and there are higher. The adena and mats you acquire is never ever going to provide you the gear you need in this game. That is live servers for you.

On 11/14/2018 at 8:48 AM, Thegrumpymuppett said:

I have seen a lot of ppl rushing lvls, with those super scrolls of exp and the event. Now that the event is gone, and you have to pay for the gk, i wonder how all that ppl with grade D gear will be able to make a profit ingame. Im guessing that all the casuals or most of them will quit (there is quite a lot of those).

You see  lots of ppl still using grade D being lvl +40, some using grade C weapons and very few using full grade C gear. Yes, i know most of the latest got their gear doing something illegal we all know about, but not all of  them (me for example).

So as the title says, i will just rejoice again at the whinning of ppl, already started and the maintenance isnt even finished 9_9

lol you do understand that when and if people leave the server, you'll be playing with bots all by your self? I always lol when I see people like you rejoicing when real player says they leaving the server. who you going to play with? you 9 box char? who? 

On 11/15/2018 at 6:26 AM, beleaua said:

So in other words you're basically clueless. That guy is right. Even me as a mage I got DC robe set on the way to 70. SoM was a bit harder to acquire but at 76 I had enough to craft Arcana Mace.

Go play live servers. Full drop of gear is gone, nothing drops anymore. All instances are for quests and not drops. Spoil is dead, crafting almost dead except the crafting packs you get. The adena you get from mobs doesn't cover the shots so thanks to quests you can get some. But the adena you get is meaningless. You need many billions of adena. You get to level 100, where the game is starting, and you see that with a +3 armor set you're one shot to mobs, in a place where you're supposed to aoe. Your +3 weapon does not do damage. Forget old school +3 is enough. You need +8 armors, or +10 armor if you're a tank or someone who is luring, and you need highly enchanted pve weapons, and some boss jewels, some basic brooch jewelry, and talismans on top, to be able to do damage in this game. And that at 100 zone and there are higher. The adena and mats you acquire is never ever going to provide you the gear you need in this game. That is live servers for you.

I don't need to play live servers anymore. I quit playing after I got to 90+ in 5 days and had everything I needed. GoD was a joke. 

Archived