Forums

Why I Quit Playing Lineage 2 In Less Than a Week

PorraCaralho

The reason i might quit 1 day is because of all the topics where people find 100000 reasons to quit... this whole forum is just 1 big joke forums used to be fun....
PEOPLE START THINKING ABOUT REASONS TO PLAY INSTEAD OF QUITTING.
This advice also works in Real live!! every time making up reasons not to do something will not give you anything in live!

bye bye :D at least 1 players less we have to wait for in queue ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, PorraCaralho said:

• Little/no player interaction (BIGGEST OFFENDER) - Nobody makes groups early on, because questing and dual-boxing are more rewarding. Nobody talks to anyone, because everyone is self-sufficient early on. Nobody PVPs or PKs, as they're too focused on grinding. The only invitations for grouping I've seen were for RBs and AOE parties. The only message that came out of another player was "rec plz". It feels like I'm playing a single-player RPG, as everyone around me is a mindless grinding bot.

This ^

Everybody is silent. Tunneled-visioned to their own solo xp. No social interactions. The party-finder window should be overwhelmed by people looking for party, but instead there is one or two aoe parties here and there.

1 minute ago, Tzeo said:

This ^

Everybody is silent. Tunneled-visioned to their own solo xp. No social interactions. The party-finder window should be overwhelmed by people looking for party, but instead there is one or two aoe parties here and there.

Sorry that we want to level up with our Box.

Even im standing on the verge of quitting ^^ and im a 50 SWS in Full C already. Its not like im lacking in gear, but even with my current equip and level i cant farm shit. "you are a supporter blabla" im somewhat a tank untill a specific point. i should be able to keep myself in balance adenawise. im aware that im not farming millions a day. but the moment im losing 100 adena each mob, eventho im perfectly equipped for my level, shows how bad these rates are.

4 minutes ago, PorraCaralho said:

A nobody, who wanted to quit for different reasons than everyone else is quitting. 

You will not be missed then.

For "everyone" quitting, there is almost the double trying to enter de servers. That's why the queue grows more and more every day.

3 minutes ago, ZygiA said:

You may be laughing, but the history repeats itself. 

The only thing repeating is my amusement about people thinking that posts about leaving make any kind of lasting impression, in players or staff.

When the servers are up again, everyone is going to keep playing and this will be sent to oblivion.

Maybe they use this as some sort of catharsis? If that's the case, then is even sadder.

35 minutes ago, PorraCaralho said:
  • Little/no player interaction (BIGGEST OFFENDER) - Nobody makes groups early on, because questing and dual-boxing are more rewarding. Nobody talks to anyone, because everyone is self-sufficient early on. Nobody PVPs or PKs, as they're too focused on grinding. 

I miss the small PVP actions we'd take outside the cities' gates, whenever we got tired of grinding

What game are you playing? I'm on Giran Server and we were having pvp since day 2, and playing on CP also, our clan is based on CPs, the top clans only recruit full cps and there are a lot of wars... Right now i have 200+ pvps on the counter and I focused on level, I cant tell how many pvp we would have if we focused more on it...

Fights on nearly every Epic and half of the RBs also so I cant understand why youre saying that.

Youre not playing the same game thats for sure

1 minute ago, Londreaz said:

Sorry that we want to level up with our Box.

This is the only thing you do though. Have you added someone in your friendlist recently? Have you searched for a party in party finder? Have you participated in any low level rb? Have you used the shout box to warn others for something? Have you offered someone free buffs? Actually have you done anything in L2 except your own solo silent xp?

You will understand one day when you will be fed up with xping and want to do something else, but the others will refuse, because it will be them now who want to xp peacefully in their solo world.

Just now, jeisot said:

What game are you playing? I'm on Giran Server and we were having pvp since day 2, and playing on CP also, our clan is based on CPs, the top clans only recruit full cps and there are a lot of wars... Right now i have 200+ pvps on the counter and I focused on level, I can tell how many pvp we would have if we focused more on it...

Youre not playing the same game thats for sure

I'm playing on Aden, and my experience as a solo player was pure boredom. Glad you're having a better time than I did.

7 minutes ago, LinaInverse said:

The only thing repeating is my amusement about people thinking that posts about leaving make any kind of lasting impression, in players or staff.

Like I said, I know I'm probably the #5268th random whiner that made an "I'm quitting" thread. And I don't wish to leave a lasting impression. My goal with this thread was:

1 - leaving feedback so that NCSoft can tweak things to improve player retention (it's up to their forum staff to bring this up to whoever is in charge, or just dismiss it as drama) ;

2 - warn upcoming players that L2 Classic doesn't feel like Classic Lineage at all (at least pre lvl 35, that is).

47 minutes ago, PorraCaralho said:

Greetings,

I know you're probably tired of reading yet another "I quit" thread (I know I am). Still, my reasons are a little different than what you usually read in this forum, so I think my thread holds merit.

When I heard they've launched L2 Classic (a week ago), I got ecstatic. The memories of adventure, camaraderie, grinding, and pvp'ing made me rush into Lineage2's website and download the game. I built my Human Fighter (soon to be Rogue/Hawkeye), hyped about what would be again, a magnificent gaming experience. My eyes watered when I heard Talking Island's theme, and saw so many players running around killing Elpies and Wolves.

I never knew how set up for disappointment I was, because:

• Quests ruin the starter (lvl 1-20) L2 experience - You're showered with experience, equipment, and soulshots at a very early rate. No one wants to play outside the questing areas because there's no point to. Nobody wants to party early on because the quest items will only go to whoever last hit the monsters. Nobody buys early gear because quests will give you enough items to reach lvl 20. People only grind outside the questing areas when they need to hit level 15 (so that they can keep questing). Every place outside the questing areas is void of life. The world feels empty.

• Halloween Event ruins the early (lvl 20-39) L2 experience - Instead of grinding, crafting, and playing the market, everybody is running multiple accounts and leaving AFK chars on cities, hoping to win a free D weapon. Everyone is running around with those stupid Halloween costumes, making it harder for you to PVP. You can't tell if your target is wearing a Composite Bow or a Light Crossbow, thanks to that costume. While the event ends today, that huge influx of free D weapons helped crash the market, making it even harder for regular players to grind for their items.

• Free teleporting - No one is taking their time to explore the beautiful world of Lineage 2. Players are just teleporting to the hottest grinding zones. There's no point in PK'ing someone who is in your farming spot because they can teleport back in seconds, while you'll have to kill 350 monsters to clear your karma (I know this ends today, but it sure left a sour mark on my leveling experience).

• Little/no player interaction (BIGGEST OFFENDER) - Nobody makes groups early on, because questing and dual-boxing are more rewarding. Nobody talks to anyone, because everyone is self-sufficient early on. Nobody PVPs or PKs, as they're too focused on grinding. The only invitations for grouping I've seen were for RBs and AOE parties. The only message that came out of another player was "rec plz". It feels like I'm playing a single-player RPG, as everyone around me is a mindless grinding bot.

That's it. I'm not even gonna talk about rates, because this subject was discussed to death already.

I miss making friends and enemies as I grind my way out of Talking Island.

I miss the small PVP actions we'd take outside the cities' gates, whenever we got tired of grinding.

I miss interacting with the dozens of humans also waiting for the boat to take them to Gludin Village.

I miss seeing a random schmuck with a red name being chased by five other players.

I miss that livid Lineage 2 world.

At the peak of my insatisfaction and boredom with this game, I ran a killing spree on Ruins of Despair. As a lvl 21 Human Rogue, wearing a wooden set of armor and wielding a Composite Bow, I've killed exactly 41 players and died 0 times. Out of these 41 players, only 10 fought back. No one hunted me. No one whispered me to smear the honor of my mother. They all just silently ressed and got back into mindlessly grinding mobs.

While NCSoft did its part to hurt the classic Lineage 2 experience, the community made me quit the game.

P.S - As soon as someone replies to this thread, I'm dropping my Composite Bow and 290k adena, somewhere on Ruins of Despair. Maybe that will motivate some of you guys to do something else other than mindlessly grinding monsters.

What the hell really, i was chased and chase people with pk, i made friends and enemies early in the game i had 25 pvp on 27 lvl already, right now with my clan we know with who we will start war later in the game, halloween is gone, free tps is gone, i had all the feelings you mentioned about this game since i started playing it, only thing i hated was halloween event it ruined balance and economy, other than that, me and my friends really enjoy the game right now

Just now, PorraCaralho said:

Like I said, I know I'm probably the #5268th random whiner that made an "I'm quitting" thread. And I don't wish to leave a lasting impression. My goal with this thread was:

1 - leaving feedback so that NCSoft can tweak things to improve player retention;

2 - warn upcoming players that L2 Classic doesn't feel like Classic Lineage at all (at least pre lvl 35, that is).

Then you failed in your goals.

1- Fair enough, but it seems you treat classic as a C1 chronicle, when is not. Things need to be fixed still, but this is the classic experience. Maybe not what you were looking for, but that is not NCSoft problem.

2- Again, mixing Classic with a Chronicle. It's a mistake a lot of people make for what I've seen in this forum. THIS IS CLASSIC. What it is not, is the 2004/2006 experience (C1 to C4).

16 minutes ago, LinaInverse said:

Then you failed in your goals.

1- Fair enough, but it seems you treat classic as a C1 chronicle, when is not. Things need to be fixed still, but this is the classic experience. Maybe not what you were looking for, but that is not NCSoft problem.

2- Again, mixing Classic with a Chronicle. It's a mistake a lot of people make for what I've seen in this forum. THIS IS CLASSIC. What it is not, is the 2004/2006 experience (C1 to C4).

I haven't failed at anything. If a single person saw this thread and agreed with what I said, it shows both upcoming players and NCSoft that there's an issue with L2, and my job is done.

Now, it's up to them (both NCSoft and players) to judge if this is something to worry about or simple quitter drama.

Just now, PorraCaralho said:

I haven't failed at anything. If a single person saw this thread and agreed with what I said, it shows both upcoming players and NCSoft that there's an issue with L2, and my job is done.

Now, it's up to them (both NCSoft and players) to judge if this is something to worry about or simple quitter drama.

ok son, can u just leave and stop writing  on forum aswell? Thanks

24 minutes ago, Sodoom said:

What the hell really, i was chased and chase people with pk, i made friends and enemies early in the game i had 25 pvp on 27 lvl already, right now with my clan we know with who we will start war later in the game, halloween is gone, free tps is gone, i had all the feelings you mentioned about this game since i started playing it, only thing i hated was halloween event it ruined balance and economy, other than that, me and my friends really enjoy the game right now

Then maybe I picked a bad server/got unlucky? All I've ever met in days of gameplay were mindless boxers who would do nothing but grind mobs. Maybe this is because I've joined a bit late, and now most low levels are people leveling their alts - and they just want to be done with it as quick as possible.

5 minutes ago, Grievozs said:

ok son, can u just leave and stop writing  on forum aswell? Thanks

I've already left the game, don't worry. And leaving the forum after starting a thread is just poor etiquette. I'll leave for good once the discussion has died, but I'm curious to see how everybody experienced early L2. So far, it seems a handful of people struggled as I did, and a few others were lucky to play with real humans. We'll see how the thread goes.

Maybe you did't have luck, for my part, I completed my change to Oracle, save many ppl who were cornered by mobs. I met a pretty funny dwarf who invited me to his clan full of friendly people with  I now go to lvling and we even have fun episodes of pvp. Maybe it's not the game for you. It is good that you express yourself, it is in your right but this type of threads never lead to anything. Good luck ;)

49 minutes ago, PorraCaralho said:

The only thing that shows is some people can't see the difference or don't know the difference between Chronicle and Classic.

1 hour ago, PorraCaralho said:

I've already left the game, don't worry. And leaving the forum after starting a thread is just poor etiquette. I'll leave for good once the discussion has died, but I'm curious to see how everybody experienced early L2. So far, it seems a handful of people struggled as I did, and a few others were lucky to play with real humans. We'll see how the thread goes.

Tbh at first I had trouble playing with people, especially before 20. And I think your explaination as to why in the first post is true.

After that I understood fast that solo xping is boring as bleep. I mained one of my two box and started searching parties all the time. That way I play with real player and I don't have to switch clients all the time, this is much more fun and relaxing imho.

My main's 29 now and nearly 30, still having fun :P Since the main is a healer I'm planning on making a dagger char on my second account to do something else sometimes and I plan on upping it the same way.

Though I'll wait to get some adenas before that because I think without a good weapon I'll never find pt with a solo target character... (thx aoe pt xD)

Sad you're going, tbh I had not played early retail l2, I only started much later on privates and so can't compare with the original experience but so far I find it fun...

Archived