Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pabloidex

Estimated calculation of GK

Recommended Posts

Pabloidex    19

I come to show the GMs that they see what they did, to see if they understand a little.

Have put the GKs have cost and without fixing the drop of adena of mobs +40, the following is this:

I made an estimated calculation to do the 4 quest days (Alligator Quest, Field of Mirrors Quest, and the two Dungeons of Aden), starting that we started the day in the city of Giran:

GK Giran> Alligator = 1500a, then we go to Aden.

GK Giran> Aden = 16.000a, from there we do the two Dungeons and then we go to FoM.

GK Aden> Field of Mirrors = 6.600, there we make the last daily quest, then we will take a SoE and leave us in Hunter Village, finally

GK Hunter Village> Giran = 9,400

In the end, it ends up being a budget of 32,000a just to travel EVERY DAY to do the minimum of the game (the daily quest).

To this we must add that, in doing the quest, we will spend approximately 2500 SSC (soulshots C), at 15a each (making them in store) gives us an additional cost of 37,500a.

We will also need potions, unless we have a buffer that can throw us skills, but of course, we will have to pay the Gk to him as well.

At least, consider 3 Atk Speed potions (2640 ea) = 7,920 and 3 VR scrolls (if you are a warrior) (500 ea) = 1500a

So, doing the 4 daily quest ends up leaving 79,000a between GKs and Consumables, at first it would not be bad, but let's hope ...

A level +40 bug that is not in the fixed zone (Cruma Tower) pulls between 100 and 250 of adena, on average let's say that it throws 175a each mob:

To collect the 79,000 adena necessary to make the quest we would need to kill 450 mobs per day (and I am not including the shots spent on these 450 mobs). Calculating that a char of this lvl kills 50 mobs per buff (20 mins), we would need 180 mins = 3 hrs of farming alone to gather the adena to do the daily quest (which takes another 2hs more) ...

I hope it has been clear and that it is understood, it does not seem wrong to me that the GK is a price, it is a difficulty, but if they do not help with the drop of adena or items, it seems to me that it is already an abuse.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatHips    237

The GK should be tied to the adena rate, but it should not be free, to teleport should set you back financially, it should not be an insignificant cost.

I am actually okay if they leave it on full cost, it makes localization in zones more effective. 

A short list of very important benefits:

  • Less chance to get ganked by someone 10+ levels above you. 
  • Less chance of getting zerged in pvp. 
  • More value to pking people even with our screwed up system.
  • More consequence to dying without rez.
  • Less players afking in town, because they can't just port back. 
  • Less lag in towns. 
  • More value to weight+ bonus classes (dwarves, ee, hawkeye)
  • More value to better con races (orc, dwarf, human).
    • better economy with more dwarves.
  • More variety to classes due to the above.
  • More people will log out because they are afraid to afk in hunting areas and do not want to SOE + run back, therefore less queue.
  • Smaller clans/solo/full parties better chance to defend exp spots, as the cost for "backup" is significantly increased.
  • Players must choose their path wisely and plan out their adventures, they might choose not to go to the absolutely optimum spot.
    • Which will create more variety of hunting spots
    • More chance of finding ideal hunting spots unoccupied even with a high population server. 
    • More chance of finding "non-ideal" key mats due to those dropping in "less ideal" hunting spots that are actually being hunted.
      • better economy overall with more variety of hunting taking place
    • This gives an advantage to smarter players

All of these things are good, the cost is time of running.

 

Lets also remove the GK in general for sieging, who remembers those days? they were by far better.

 

Edited by FatHips
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlademere    22

The daily quests are optional. Of you feel the financial burden of completing these quests on the daily is too much then skip them for a few days. Log out in your hunting spot and save on teleport costs. Make a low level dwarf to mule SS for you.

 

Get creative instead of demanding that game mechanics be changed to make this even more softcore for you.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eurytos    3

The cost of teleporting is ridiculous right now in comparison to the amount of adena dropping. I don't see how people are supposed to be able to afford this right now, especially if you're still working on the 40-50 quests. Running everywhere does not encourage people to group up and do things in my opinion which is not healthy for a game like this.

Personally I don't want the costs to be free but they should be dropped significantly to at least be in line with current drop rates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hyucksama    3

walk the walk. be grateful that you had it easy until 40.

they clearly just don't want the top of the curve to be THAT far ahead, just yet.

how are you still thinking the rates are bugged lol, it's so obviously intended

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LoanWolf    34
Just now, hyucksama said:

walk the walk. be grateful that you had it easy until 40.

they clearly just don't want the top of the curve to be THAT far ahead, just yet.

how are you still thinking the rates are bugged lol, it's so obviously intended

I mean you can say what you want but Ill just leave my level 51 at forest of mirrors and do the daily everyday and level up my box account.  This is not stimulating game play.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ragingducks    40

This is clearly by design as you can tell from many other things (eg spoil rates, etc). The ideology of this server is clearly PAY-TO-WIN.

While this might be intended, it is not vanilla L2. The original game was hardcore, but it was balanced. These butchered rates do make NCWest a lot of money, but they are completely misrepresenting what Lineage 2 was.

Teleport fees were always expensive, but the more levels you got, the more money you got. Scaling was properly designed.

Keeping original gatekeeper fees while lowering adena to 0.25 means that frustration will exist and NCWest will have to figure out quickly how to manage player frustration as a frustrated customer is not a paying one.

 

 

Edited by ragingducks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LinaInverse    37

GK is working fine, like it is supposed to do. 

 

Quote

A level +40 bug that is not in the fixed zone (Cruma Tower) pulls between 100 and 250 of adena, on average let's say that it throws 175a each mob

 

Cruma IS one of the fixed zones.

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/7878-classic-server-maintenance-wednesday-november-7-2018/

Mobs in the first floor give between 800-1500. I don't know what you are talking about.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pabloidex    19

I agree, the GK must have cost but not be significant, right now it not only has cost and is significant, but it is priceless ...

Let the players talk, many will not want to continue playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pabloidex    19
Just now, Londreaz said:

Buffer level 30. WW lv2. Walk to your destination. GK fee=0 

Problem Solved.

I went walking from Giran to Aden with WW2 and Zerk 1 and it took 25 minutes. If you like to spend your game time walking, well, not me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Londreaz    17
2 minutes ago, Pabloidex said:

I went walking from Giran to Aden with WW2 and Zerk 1 and it took 25 minutes. If you like to spend your game time walking, well, not me.

i have my Scavenger and i don't have to walk anywhere :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pabloidex    19
1 minute ago, Ferimeth said:

Who needs gk when you can just go to L2store and buy scrolls like a normal rich person,
 

Scrolls from fishing hahahaha how I did not imagine it before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Londreaz    17
4 minutes ago, Ferimeth said:

Who needs gk when you can just go to L2store and buy scrolls like a normal rich person,
 

Sorry, there are scrolls only for starters and Gludio/Gludin, nothing more :/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WutWutWut    48
5 hours ago, FatHips said:

The GK should be tied to the adena rate, but it should not be free, to teleport should set you back financially, it should not be an insignificant cost.

I am actually okay if they leave it on full cost, it makes localization in zones more effective. 

A short list of very important benefits:

  • Less chance to get ganked by someone 10+ levels above you. 
  • Less chance of getting zerged in pvp. 
  • More value to pking people even with our screwed up system.
  • More consequence to dying without rez.
  • Less players afking in town, because they can't just port back. 
  • Less lag in towns. 
  • More value to weight+ bonus classes (dwarves, ee, hawkeye)
  • More value to better con races (orc, dwarf, human).
    • better economy with more dwarves.
  • More variety to classes due to the above.
  • More people will log out because they are afraid to afk in hunting areas and do not want to SOE + run back, therefore less queue.
  • Smaller clans/solo/full parties better chance to defend exp spots, as the cost for "backup" is significantly increased.
  • Players must choose their path wisely and plan out their adventures, they might choose not to go to the absolutely optimum spot.
    • Which will create more variety of hunting spots
    • More chance of finding ideal hunting spots unoccupied even with a high population server. 
    • More chance of finding "non-ideal" key mats due to those dropping in "less ideal" hunting spots that are actually being hunted.
      • better economy overall with more variety of hunting taking place
    • This gives an advantage to smarter players

All of these things are good, the cost is time of running.

 

Lets also remove the GK in general for sieging, who remembers those days? they were by far better.

 

running from city to city is boring

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pabloidex    19

Guys, this is not a "see who's toughest" issue, there are people who can play 10 hours a day and it's okay, but there's another one who can only play 1 or 2 hours, so if they can not do the daily quests, or they can hardly do 1, if they can not progress with their equipment and level, there will be many people who do not want to play more, and not because they are a chicken, but because to have problems there is real life, not a game.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VincentColpa    27
13 hours ago, LinaInverse said:

GK is working fine, like it is supposed to do. 

 

 

Cruma IS one of the fixed zones.

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/7878-classic-server-maintenance-wednesday-november-7-2018/

Mobs in the first floor give between 800-1500. I don't know what you are talking about.

yeah PT areas got their adena drop fixed, WOW, one more p2w solution. what about solo areas? go check them ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paddzor    2
16 hours ago, Vlademere said:

The daily quests are optional. Of you feel the financial burden of completing these quests on the daily is too much then skip them for a few days. Log out in your hunting spot and save on teleport costs. Make a low level dwarf to mule SS for you.

 

Get creative instead of demanding that game mechanics be changed to make this even more softcore for you.

If you want to be competative it's important to do the dailys (atlest Aden), ppl like you i wonder what you are doing ingame ? making 1-20 chars everyday? The game is made for you to make proggress not set you back everyday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×