Estimated calculation of GK

Pabloidex

Bottom line is that the average person cannot pay for ports, which will force him running around half his play time which will eventually result in one logical conclusion - this is how servers die, when they lose their casual players base.

I play 2 hours a day,I want to do the dailies , solo somewhere and maybe find a group in another place, which is completely impossible, unless i want to run around for an hour between the areas - and no, i am not going to spend 1 hour running around when i can only play 2.

2 minutes ago, Nihilist said:

Bottom line is that the average person cannot pay for ports, which will force him running around half his play time which will eventually result in one logical conclusion - this is how servers die, when they lose their casual players base.

I play 2 hours a day,I want to do the dailies , solo somewhere and maybe find a group in another place, which is completely impossible, unless i want to run around for an hour between the areas - and no, i am not going to spend 1 hour running around when i can only play 2.

But you  are a Nihilist. Even running for 5 min and farm 5 hours getting 1kkk adena, you  wouldn't like that :( 

5 hours ago, Nihilist said:

I think thats the point, you should not spend your two hours doing that; you are better off hunting for 1:55 near whatever your "base" town is, than spending 1:15 running back and forth and 45 mins hunting, I did precisely that yesterday and I won't do it again ever.  Also this is far more fun and lucritive, so stop doing dailies they are a trap if you have limited play time.  My party has already stopped doing all the dailies except FOM, and even that will be stopped once our sws is 46.  It's just not worth it.

The dailies need to be removed entirely, then this won't be a stressful change.

The amount of ways free teleporting breaks the game far outweighs any costs.

14 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

The problem is that daily quests are literally built for the casual.  

Yeah.  Its a conflicting system and creates stress where there should be very little.

I want people to look six months in advance, where there are 1 or 2 top alliances.

If there is no barrier to porting your entire clan across the map instantly, why would anyone keep up wars?  This will kill pvp like nothing else, which is the point of the game.  Other games have better content or servers or administration.  Small, medium, large chaotic pvp is where L2 is king and always has been.

Gatekeeper free would single handidly kill pvp more than anything else in this game, because any pvp that lasted longer than 10 seconds would be impractical unless you are in the top clan.  It's literally the same problem but slightly less obvious problem than "My Teleports."  Ask anyone who played Chronos, My teleports along with GK fees that did not matter completely killed PVP.

Think outside the box and the problems are obvious.

1 hour ago, FatHips said:

Yeah.  Its a conflicting system and creates stress where there should be very little.

I want people to look six months in advance, where there are 1 or 2 top alliances.

If there is no barrier to porting your entire clan across the map instantly, why would anyone keep up wars?  This will kill pvp like nothing else, which is the point of the game.  Other games have better content or servers or administration.  Small, medium, large chaotic pvp is where L2 is king and always has been.

Gatekeeper free would single handidly kill pvp more than anything else in this game, because any pvp that lasted longer than 10 seconds would be impractical unless you are in the top clan.  It's literally the same problem but slightly less obvious problem than "My Teleports."  Ask anyone who played Chronos, My teleports along with GK fees that did not matter completely killed PVP.

Think outside the box and the problems are obvious.

It wasn't the teleport fees, or lack of them, that killed PvP, lmao... it was the scripting of everything under the sun that killed PvP.  That, and the fact that you could literally buy your way to the top.

I see the inequality in relation to the drop of adena for solo up and party up, fighter are with the consumption much greater in comparison to the magicians, it is easy to see 1 magician joining all the monsters of cruma and killing in skill in area, fighter to kill the same amount and speed needed for a full party and the adena divided between them would only pay the consumables, it is worth remembering the spellbook: haste that would greatly reduce the cost of a fighter and the level is 44 of the skill but the book drops only monster 55. Sorry my english.

4 hours ago, FatHips said:

I think thats the point, you should not spend your two hours doing that; you are better off hunting for 1:55 near whatever your "base" town is, than spending 1:15 running back and forth and 45 mins hunting, I did precisely that yesterday and I won't do it again ever.  Also this is far more fun and lucritive, so stop doing dailies they are a trap if you have limited play time.  My party has already stopped doing all the dailies except FOM, and even that will be stopped once our sws is 46.  It's just not worth it.

The dailies need to be removed entirely, then this won't be a stressful change.

The amount of ways free teleporting breaks the game far outweighs any costs.

Rob, I agree to most parts, but the problem with the GK prices are entirly because the adena drop amount is completely nerfed.

Lvl 45 mob drops nothing close to original L2 rates, yet the GK prices remained the same . (Not to mention lvl25 mobs drops almost same as 45mob)

Just give VIP4 normal rates (original l2, eu classic)  and be done with this!

On 14/11/2018 at 7:54 PM, Pabloidex said:

I come to show the GMs that they see what they did, to see if they understand a little.

Have put the GKs have cost and without fixing the drop of adena of mobs +40, the following is this:

I made an estimated calculation to do the 4 quest days (Alligator Quest, Field of Mirrors Quest, and the two Dungeons of Aden), starting that we started the day in the city of Giran:

GK Giran> Alligator = 1500a, then we go to Aden.

GK Giran> Aden = 16.000a, from there we do the two Dungeons and then we go to FoM.

GK Aden> Field of Mirrors = 6.600, there we make the last daily quest, then we will take a SoE and leave us in Hunter Village, finally

GK Hunter Village> Giran = 9,400

In the end, it ends up being a budget of 32,000a just to travel EVERY DAY to do the minimum of the game (the daily quest).

To this we must add that, in doing the quest, we will spend approximately 2500 SSC (soulshots C), at 15a each (making them in store) gives us an additional cost of 37,500a.

We will also need potions, unless we have a buffer that can throw us skills, but of course, we will have to pay the Gk to him as well.

At least, consider 3 Atk Speed potions (2640 ea) = 7,920 and 3 VR scrolls (if you are a warrior) (500 ea) = 1500a

So, doing the 4 daily quest ends up leaving 79,000a between GKs and Consumables, at first it would not be bad, but let's hope ...

A level +40 bug that is not in the fixed zone (Cruma Tower) pulls between 100 and 250 of adena, on average let's say that it throws 175a each mob:

To collect the 79,000 adena necessary to make the quest we would need to kill 450 mobs per day (and I am not including the shots spent on these 450 mobs). Calculating that a char of this lvl kills 50 mobs per buff (20 mins), we would need 180 mins = 3 hrs of farming alone to gather the adena to do the daily quest (which takes another 2hs more) ...

I hope it has been clear and that it is understood, it does not seem wrong to me that the GK is a price, it is a difficulty, but if they do not help with the drop of adena or items, it seems to me that it is already an abuse.

I and my party are 54-55 lvls and we've never bought atk speed pots or healing pots, also we go from town to town by foot and using *smart* soes. From aden to giran you can make it in 10 mins. Instead of calculating all these and trying to proove to stuff how GK should be (which whining people made it) you can just run as well, but you people want everything ready. Well, just destryoing the classic idea this way which stuff have done that since day 1 of the server. 

Archived