Jump to content

Doubts on Critical Damage Reduction


Thysha
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is there anything that reduces critical (magical skill) damage?
Is there anything that reduces critical (physical skill) damage?

I was told that the items and skills below only reduce normal critical damage (Auto-Attack), even if it is cast by a wizard or warrior, as long as it is the normal hit,
is this true?

  • -15% Talisman Abundace lv1
    • - P. Critical Damage
  • -50% Drum Melody
    • - P. Critical Damage
  • -35% Heavy Armor
    • - P. Critical Damage
  • -20% Guardian's Death shield  (Abilities Points)
    • - Critical Damage

-100% of physical critical damage (Normal / Auto-Attack)? and -20% Critical damage reduction from all sources?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't have exact yes or no answer to any of your questions, but you could test it yourself, do a series of normal attacks against a toon wearing LIGHT armor, (it doesnt have a modifier on it) note the crit dmg, then equip abundance, run the test again, then buff abundance+drum, run the test again, the equip abundance+drum+AP skill and run it again. Do the same thing with skills, both physical and magical, see if the items work.

As you stack the items if the crit dmg decreases, you can calculate a percentage and extrapolate how it works.

My guess is it isn't doesn't stack like; 15%+50%+35%+20%=120% reduction, as that would mean 0dmg on crits

I'd imagine its more like; if you take a 1000 crit dmg hit in just light armor with none of the other stuff, you will take 500 dmg with drum (50%*1000), then when you equip abundance with drum it will be 425 dmg (15% off 500), then with AP skill it would be 340 (20% off 425) how it determines what order to apply them though would be the question if that is the case.

Just talking out my ass here, try it out, let us know what you find ;D

Edited by 4Eva
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Thysha said:

Is there anything that reduces critical (magical skill) damage?
Is there anything that reduces critical (physical skill) damage?

I was told that the items and skills below only reduce normal critical damage (Auto-Attack), even if it is cast by a wizard or warrior, as long as it is the normal hit,
is this true?

  • -15% Talisman Abundace lv1
    • - P. Critical Damage
  • -50% Drum Melody
    • - P. Critical Damage
  • -35% Heavy Armor
    • - P. Critical Damage
  • -20% Guardian's Death shield  (Abilities Points)
    • - Critical Damage

-100% of physical critical damage (Normal / Auto-Attack)? and -20% Critical damage reduction from all sources?

Yes you have to test (but is it hard as i.e. Abundance has also pdef and -15% pvp dmg)

Auto attack form Feoh is if he start to hit u with the retributer not using skill autoattack.

So far "my observations" are

Abudance is p skill crit dmg reduction

Drum melody is only for autoattack

-35% Heavy armor it seems to work also for p skill crit dmg

AP Guardian's death I never tested

There ARE skills/Items specifically on crit reduction on Physical and magical type only.

Brooch Diamond additional pdef reduces p crit dmg only

Brooch Pearl additional pdef reduces m crit dmg only 

Physical reflect Shirt I think it is clear

Magic reflect Shirt  I think clear also

Yul Ghost Sentinel  has Hawk eye -15% m crit dmg

 

Edited by Asachiara
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, 4Eva said:

Don't have exact yes or no answer to any of your questions, but you could test it yourself, do a series of normal attacks against a toon wearing LIGHT armor, (it doesnt have a modifier on it) note the crit dmg, then equip abundance, run the test again, then buff abundance+drum, run the test again, the equip abundance+drum+AP skill and run it again. Do the same thing with skills, both physical and magical, see if the items work.

As you stack the items if the crit dmg decreases, you can calculate a percentage and extrapolate how it works.

My guess is it isn't doesn't stack like; 15%+50%+35%+20%=120% reduction, as that would mean 0dmg on crits

I'd imagine its more like; if you take a 1000 crit dmg hit in just light armor with none of the other stuff, you will take 500 dmg with drum (50%*1000), then when you equip abundance with drum it will be 425 dmg (15% off 500), then with AP skill it would be 340 (20% off 425) how it determines what order to apply them though would be the question if that is the case.

Just talking out my ass here, try it out, let us know what you find ;D

The girl may not have adena to test these items, have you seen the price of each one? Nor do you have access to classes to test. His advice was totally ineffective, for not having analyzed, who has the resources of this type does not question, just tests.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Asachiara said:

Yes you have to test (but is it hard as i.e. Abundance has also pdef and -15% pvp dmg)

Auto attack form Feoh is if he start to hit u with the retributer not using skill autoattack.

So far "my observations" are

Abudance is p skill crit dmg reduction

Drum melody is only for autoattack

-35% Heavy armor it seems to work also for p skill crit dmg

AP Guardian's death I never tested

There ARE skills/Items specifically on crit reduction on Physical and magical type only.

Brooch Diamond additional pdef reduces p crit dmg only

Brooch Pearl additional pdef reduces m crit dmg only 

Physical reflect Shirt I think it is clear

Magic reflect Shirt  I think clear also

Yul Ghost Sentinel  has Hawk eye -15% m crit dmg

 

Abundance + Heavy = 15+35 = -50% P. S. Crit. Damage
AP guardian's Death, by description it should reduce ALL sources of critical damage. Someone can confirm this (because you need level and points in this AP to know).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I have never performed a specific test regarding Critical Dmg Reduction, I have performed numerous tests using Mega Strike (fixed Dmg Attack Skill) on targets with Hvy Armor and Abundance and, I can say with a high degree of certainty, that these items DO NOT reduce SKILL Critical Dmg.

Just to further clarify; Skill Critical Hits are skill attacks which produce double damage; however, if you are testing these factors with a Dagger your numbers WILL SHOW a reduction.  As has been stated countless times, Dagger stabs are coded as critical hits which can also "skill crit."  So, Dagger stabs get a boost from normal critical dmg modifiers (AQ/Baium Rings, Giants CD Aug, Drum, etc.) but they also get a reduction from negative modifiers (Hvy Armor, Drum, Phys Shirt, etc.).  

To the best of my knowledge NOTHING reduces SKILL Critical Dmg (if there is something I would very much like to know).  This includes Guardians Death Shield. 

Edited by Rodah
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 16/02/2018 at 12:55 PM, Rodah said:

While I have never performed a specific test regarding Critical Dmg Reduction, I have performed numerous tests using Mega Strike (fixed Dmg Attack Skill) on targets with Hvy Armor and Abundance and, I can say with a high degree of certainty, that these items DO NOT reduce SKILL Critical Dmg.

Just to further clarify; Skill Critical Hits are skill attacks which produce double damage; however, if you are testing these factors with a Dagger your numbers WILL SHOW a reduction.  As has been stated countless times, Dagger stabs are coded as critical hits which can also "skill crit."  So, Dagger stabs get a boost from normal critical dmg modifiers (AQ/Baium Rings, Giants CD Aug, Drum, etc.) but they also get a reduction from negative modifiers (Hvy Armor, Drum, Phys Shirt, etc.).  

To the best of my knowledge NOTHING reduces SKILL Critical Dmg (if there is something I would very much like to know).  This includes Guardians Death Shield. 

From what I understand the critical damage reduction, according to what you tested, does not reduce the critical damage of the Skills, only the autoattack (normal damage), except for the Dagger skills that suffer from the critical damage reducers?

Does "Guardians Death Shield" not reduce critical skill damage? A high-cost Abilitie, which in the description does not tell you which type of critic is reduced?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Astarot said:

From what I understand the critical damage reduction, according to what you tested, does not reduce the critical damage of the Skills, only the autoattack (normal damage), except for the Dagger skills that suffer from the critical damage reducers?

Does "Guardians Death Shield" not reduce critical skill damage? A high-cost Abilitie, which in the description does not tell you which type of critic is reduced?

Correct.  As I stated previously; to the best of my knowledge nothing reduces Physical Skill Critical Damage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...