Sign in to follow this  
Ertai

People leaving aden server???

Ceylon    12

Short answer: YES.

Take my anecdotal experience, on server launch I started on Giran, played heavily for 1-2 weeks, because I'm actually really into this whole hardcore thing like it was in the beginning. Then admins decide to "fix" adena and drop rates for 1-30?40. So in the end my 2 weeks of hard work == nothing now, you could get all that in 6-8 hours on the new rates.

That was disappointment no.1

Now I continue to play casually. Afk shops multiply, people figured you can reach 20 in a breeze => fishing takes off, afk events start. Now I can't get realiably into my server anymore. They open new server. I move to Aden, start all from zero.

That was disappointment no.2

Now Aden was full of es?pt speaking people who barely know the game, at that time, I suck it up, make my chars and start playing. Market is kinda broken because of the fcked up adena rates (remember they "fixed" the adena) but didn't really touch drops and spoil, so they bleeped up the market.

That was disappointment no.3

Now important observation: 1 week later Aden is filled with mostly English speaking people. This means, I'm not the only one who moved, there's a shitload more players who moved from TI/Giran to Aden/Gludio. Also the Halloween even is now in full force, people now log alts after they heard you can farm top D weps. (I thought it was a myth at first). But then I actually started noticing how people run around me in top D gear. Now the market is completely bleeped. It took me 4 days to find 5 elven bow shafts for less than 40k. 2 people were selling them for 40k, one guy for 60k, and that's it, nobody else besides them was selling, and I'm guessing nobody was buying either. Don't you think in a 2-3 week old server this is kinda weird?

That was disappointment no.4

In 1 month of playing on the official I managed to talk to 1 real human, that's it. I bought from him 2 shafts, I buffed him like 3 times since we were farming close by. And then we talked like 3-4 times more next 2-3 days, then we kinda drifted apart. My every other attempt at chatting with other people was met with complete silence! I honestly started to think I'm somehow shadow-banned and people don't even see me... that was a really weird experience.

That was disappointment no.5

Conclusion: the servers are/feel dead to me even with 1000 people + 1000 boxes + 1000 shops + 2000-3000 bots/afkers.

3 days ago I wake up, get my coffee & cigarettes, stretch a little since my back muscles are slightly sore from sitting for so long still in front of the PC.. And then I remember what I managed to realize the day before, I spent a day where I farmed like 200 i.ore + 250 Varnish, some 50-100k adena, made a quest for shitty looking armor, and a bunch of other insignificant shit I could sell for peanuts, one by one, for a total of maybe 30-60k. Then I thought I have to setup those shops first, then go make something to eat, maybe watch some movie or read something. I finish my coffee and start the client. Laptop fans start heavily spinning, head starts to hurt.

Wtf am I doing this? This was the moment I decided to uninstall the client.

Next time nostalgia hits me for some reason, I'll simply download the free l2j server of my choosing (I think they maintain a decent Interlude fork, haven't checked in a while), look around how to configure it to run ~500-1000MB RAM total (it defaults at ~2GB if I'm not mistaken), but I'll be the only one playing so I don't need it to keep that RAM busy. Torrent the old client, check if everything runs smooth. Then move all the spoil stuff with just 1 sql query to the drop table and lower it's rate by 2x or 3x. Then look how I can add the dwarven crafting skill to all classes, should be possible. Then look for some plugin for the server or make one myself for some AiO buffer item in inventory so I can buff myself with lvl approproiate buffs... Then enjoy playing a class of my choosing. I'm 100% I'll have a better experience this way than playing on the official :)

That's why I left. I don't enjoy it here, I can find better stuff to do with my time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

SumTingWong    108
Just now, Ceylon said:

Take my anecdotal experience, on server launch I started on Giran, played heavily for 1-2 weeks, because I'm actually really into this whole hardcore thing like it was in the beginning. Then admins decide to "fix" adena and drop rates for 1-30?40. So in the end my 2 weeks of hard work == nothing now, you could get all that in 6-8 hours on the new rates.

Now I continue to play casually. Afk shops multiply, people figured you can reach 20 in a breeze => fishing takes off, afk events start. Now I can't get realiably into my server anymore. They open new server. I move to Aden, start all from zero.

Now Aden was full of es?pt speaking people who barely know the game, at that time, I suck it up, make my chars and start playing. Market is kinda broken because of the fcked up adena rates (remember they "fixed" the adena) but didn't really touch drops and spoil, so they bleeped up the market.

Now important observation: 1 week later Aden is filled with mostly English speaking people. This means, I'm not the only one who moved, there's a shitload more players who moved from TI/Giran to Aden/Gludio. Also the Halloween even is now in full force, people now log alts after they heard you can farm top D weps. (I thought it was a myth at first). But then I actually started noticing how people run around me in top D gear. Now the market is completely bleeped. It took me 4 days to find 5 elven bow shafts for less than 40k. 2 people were selling them for 40k, one guy for 60k, and that's it, nobody else besides them was selling, and I'm guessing nobody was buying either. Don't you think in a 2-3 week old server this is kinda weird?

In 1 month of playing on the official I managed to talk to 1 real human, that's it. I bought from him 2 shafts, I buffed him like 3 times since we were farming close by. And then we talked like 3-4 times more next 2-3 days, then we kinda drifted apart. My every other attempt at chatting with other people was met with complete silence! I honestly started to think I'm somehow shadow-banned and people don't even see me... that was a really weird experience.

Conclusion: the servers are/feel dead to me even with 1000 people + 1000 boxes + 1000 shops + 2000-3000 bots/afkers.

3 days ago I wake up, get my coffee & cigarettes, stretch a little since my back muscles are slightly sore from sitting for so long still in front of the PC.. And then I remember what I managed to realize the day before, I spent a day where I farmed like 200 i.ore + 250 Varnish, some 50-100k adena, made a quest for shitty looking armor, and a bunch of other insignificant shit I could sell for peanuts, one by one, for a total of maybe 30-60k. Then I thought I have to setup those shops first, then go make something to eat, maybe watch some movie or read something. I finish my coffee and start the client. Laptop fans start heavily spinning, head starts to hurt.

Next time nostalgia hits me for some reason, I'll simply download the free l2j server of my choosing (I think they maintain a decent Interlude fork, haven't checked in a while), look around how to configure it to run ~500-1000MB RAM total (it defaults at ~2GB if I'm not mistaken), but I'll be the only one playing so I don't need it to keep that RAM busy. Torrent the old client, check if everything runs smooth. Then move all the spoil stuff with just 1 sql query to the drop table and lower it's rate by 2x or 3x. Then look how I can add the dwarven crafting skill to all classes, should be possible. Then look for some plugin for the server or make one myself for some AiO buffer item in inventory so I can buff myself with lvl approproiate buffs... Then enjoy playing a class of my choosing. I'm 100% I'll have a better experience this way than playing on the official :)

That's why I left. I don't enjoy it here, I can find better stuff to do with my time.

This is a good post right here, folks.  Hardcore does not mean having a feeling of being punished for simply playing.

• Thanks 1

apollo20    1

Answers to crybabys:

disappointment no.1

Its your choice to start from zero , its new server and everybody will want to play and reach something on it , suck it up with quee or go to another few years old classic and wont have this problem or wait 2 or 3 months then everything settles and no more waiting time to log in simple as that. 

disappointment no.2 For me markets are progressing as they should do , just making adena every day in market and i am fine with that. Pt speaking people also want to play whats wrong with that?

disappointment no.3  Again cry baby because of event "someone told to someone that got something from event" and i feel very bad about that event because everybody around me running with top d weapons from event and i dont. Yeah right kido , i could say that its normal to be jealous if you are a kid but if you are grown man  i feell sorry for you. From my prospective everyday played with event buff and didint got anything except candys and i am FINE with that because its LUCK. Its not weird about elven bot shafft because its mid d grade weapon poeple better go with gastra or longbow.

disappointment no.4  In my 1 month and half experience i can say i have met A LOT OF PEOPLE good and bad, enemy and friends   i have around 35pvp points with just 31 lvl char  and all these fights was with real players and i am not a guy who is looking for a fight.

disappointment no.5  Your conclusion is not based on facts but based from THE AIR COMPLETELY.  I enjoy making adena in markets  , leveling up , and meeting new people , as you can see from my low lvl i am not in a rush because i play casual , ofcourse have 2boxes with me also. Too many people crying about this game , just leave if its too hard for you and find easyer game thats it. Also from my memories from C1 i always run from town to town and used scroll of escape to make shortcuts because GK was too expensive dont understand why people complain on GK price here.

ZygiA    77
1 hour ago, SumTingWong said:

This is a good post right here, folks.  Hardcore does not mean having a feeling of being punished for simply playing.

1 hour ago, Ceylon said:

Brilliant post buddy. Simply brilliant. You summed everything up basically in 1 post. 

Lafush    6

nobody's leaving.. stop being dramatic.

its 11:40am-1:40pm-... people are at work. same for south america ppl.

Later the day its impossible to find free spots. Also, don't forget people lvl up. 

Lafush    6
1 hour ago, Ceylon said:

if you ever want to play with someone that does speak English, you are welcome to whisper me in-game: Lafush .

beleaua    66
4 hours ago, Garfield said:

@ragingducks

multibox is allowed as long as you pay all the accounts, as for bots I haven’t seen a single one, but then again, low lvl locations are empty(even newbies out level them quite fast due to temporary server boosts and the goodies provided) - i’m still in the 20s there as I have only spare time to play and also am preparing 3 accounts. I do share play time between Skelth and NA as well

keep in mind, that you can drop any equipment upon death from mob on Skelth

This thing they added now, no idea if it's permanent or not but new character get 30-day C-grade weapons and armors and expertise C-grade. Level 20 means like nothing when you one shot mobs.

Garfield    41
14 minutes ago, beleaua said:

This thing they added now, no idea if it's permanent or not but new character get 30-day C-grade weapons and armors and expertise C-grade. Level 20 means like nothing when you one shot mobs.

Yes, I mentioned it earlier, judging from their forum replies the newbie box is perma until they figure something new. If you play it more strategic and don’t open the box until close to 40 you may use the free gear for about 2 months(1-20, quest NG weapon/armor, 20-40 shadow 30-day D weapon + moon quest armor at 25, 40+ 30-day c grade). The lvl rewards are also different form the ones here as Skelth is higher version classic

Edited by Garfield

ogfullmelt    21
6 hours ago, Mikeha said:

If you have quit then why are you here?  

for real these guys cry they quit yet they still qq in forums, worst than the nolifers