Silver Coin Acquisition

--

--

PVE Damage Increase

--

--

+3%

+10%

As of right now I can honestly say VIP 4 is just not worth it, especially in the state of this game.  If you want people to continue paying to maintain VIP status make VIP worth it besides just que express. 

Add 50% Item Drop/Adena drop to VIP4, 30% Adena/item drop for VIP 3, etc..  This will make Adena rates actually ok for VIP members.  Since its speculated item drop is determined by who does last hit, this would also increase party adena for non VIP.    I think this was initially intended which is why our drop rates are so low.  If this was intended @Hime @Juji please advise. Because if so its currently broken in our version.

Remove GK costs for VIP 4, 50% GK cost for VIP 3.  This makes vip 4 and vip 3 very worth it. 

Buffing both for paying members would also help to combat bots and gold sellers.  As paying player will be making more then its bot counter part.  Bots and boxes would need to get to vip 4 status to have the luxuries of not having to walk or spend money.  May suck for people who have 9 accounts 41+ but I think thats a good equalizer.  

^These are doable changes.  This helps NCsoft and the playerbase and helps to counter some of the games current biggest issues. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, LoanWolf said:

Benefits

Tier 1 VIP Status

Tier 2 VIP Status

Tier 3 VIP Status

Tier 4 VIP Status

XP/SP

+5%

+10%

+15%

+25%

Item Drop

+10%

+20%

+30%

+50%

Death Penalty Reduction (XP)

--

--

-5%

-20%

VIP Daily Box*

World Chat

+1

+2

+2

+3

Fishing XP

--

--

+5%

+20%

Silver Coin Acquisition

--

--

PVE Damage Increase

--

--

+3%

+10%

As of right now I can honestly say VIP 4 is just not worth it, especially in the state of this game.  If you want people to continue paying to maintain VIP status make VIP worth it besides just que express. 

Add 50% Item Drop/Adena drop to VIP4, 30% Adena/item drop for VIP 3, etc..  This will make Adena rates actually ok for VIP members.  Since its speculated item drop is determined by who does last hit, this would also increase party adena for non VIP.    I think this was initially intended which is why our drop rates are so low.  If this was intended @Hime @Juji please advise. Because if so its currently broken in our version.

Remove GK costs for VIP 4, 50% GK cost for VIP 3.  This makes vip 4 and vip 3 very worth it. 

Buffing both for paying members would also help to combat bots and gold sellers.  As paying player will be making more then its bot counter part.  Bots and boxes would need to get to vip 4 status to have the luxuries of not having to walk or spend money.  May suck for people who have 9 accounts 41+ but I think thats a good equalizer.  

^These are doable changes.  This helps NCsoft and the playerbase and helps to counter some of the games current biggest issues. 

make only VIP 4 adena quantity drop +100% and drop rate to 100%. E.g. If a mob gives you 200 adena it will drop 400 to VIP 4 players and with 100%.

Half decent idea going here. This will be a step in the right direction to help combat the P2W via RMT sellers and put additional $ in NCSoft's pockets. Forking over the $16 a month to sustain VIP4 is indeed a drop in the bucket vs the otherwise required option for RMT to afford TPs...

I've yet to see an F2P game that relies on P2W lasting longer than 1 year. They might be making money right now with this VIP bullshit, but at this rate, there won't be anyone playing in a year from now. 

Take a look at games like Path of Exile, Dota 2, and CS:GO. They've been running for over 5 years, and people are still investing lots of money into them. It isn't uncommon to hear about someone spending over $400 for a CS:GO Knife, or $199,99 for a Path of Exile Supporter Pack. And if NCSoft's Lineage 2 Classic proved to be a fun experience, I would gladly pay for cosmetics for my characters.

The data is clear: P2W isn't a good economic model.

If NCSoft wants to make money in the long term with L2Classic, they need to change their monetization strategy. Otherwise, their revenue will plummet in a few months, and the servers will shut down in 6 months/1 year.

I'm beginning to believe that they aren't concerned in the least about long-term anything.  Quick cash grab, minimal support, low costs. 

One and done.

What sucks is that my clan and I really WANT to play here over everywhere else.  NCSoft seems to want to make that as difficult as possible for some reason.  There are plenty of illegal servers to go to, with just about every custom setting anyone could ever want.  But we don't want to go there, we want to play on retail.  WE WANT TO GIVE THEM OUR MONEY! 

But ain't no one gonna pay for a half-assed game.

On 11/15/2018 at 8:46 AM, SumTingWong said:

I'm beginning to believe that they aren't concerned in the least about long-term anything.  Quick cash grab, minimal support, low costs. 

One and done.

What suck is that me and my clan really WANT to play here over everywhere else.  NCSoft seems to want to make that as difficult as possible for some reason.  There are plenty on illegal servers to go to, with just about every custom setting anyone could ever want.  But we don't want to go there, we want to play on retail.  WE WANT TO GIVE THEM OUR MONEY! 

But ain't no one gonna pay for a half-assed game.

True. I want play too, want pay for VIP, but the game is so shredded that we become unmotivated

XP/SP

+500%

+1000%

+15000%

+25000%

Item Drop

+100%

+200%

+300%

+5000%

--

--

-200%

-2000%

VIP Daily Box*

x50

x180

x3000

x50000

World Chat

+100

+2000

+20000

+30000

Fishing XP

--

--

+500000000000%

+2000000000000%

Silver Coin Acquisition

--

--

PVE Damage Increase

--

--

+3000000%

+2000000%

fixed

I actually wanted create topic about it. Fact is the vip status is worthless. Game should not be P2W. But F2P should not means no reward for paying consumers. It should look like this:

Benefits

Tier 1 VIP Status

Tier 2 VIP Status

Tier 3 VIP Status

Tier 4 VIP Status

XP/SP

+10%

+25%

+50%

100%

Item Drop, Adena Drop
and Spoil

+10%

+25%

+50%

+100%

--

--

--

--

VIP Daily Box*

World Chat

+1

+2

+2

+3

Fishing XP

--

--

--

--

Silver Coin Acquisition

--

--

✓x2

PVE Damage Increase

--

--

--

--

I find it interesting that the xp/sp runes bought with ncoin potentially become less valuable after reaching a certain level as you may want to stop buying them entirely after a certain point depending on how you play the game (even with VIP4), since you may start to prioritize farming over levels to obtain upgrades. What if the xp/sp rune bonus was scrapped and simply added incrementally to levels of VIP along with further increased drop rates at vip3 and 4?

You could then add a 1-day 7-day and 30-day infinite soul shot item which everyone would want regardless of what they were doing in game.  You already sell shots for ncoin so this change isn't anything extreme. It simply makes buying ss with ncoin more enticing to a player willing to spend money. 

This is not to say that I think they should ignore their 100% f2p playerbase though as with out them, statistically, ~95% of the player base wouldn't exist. I think its important that people buying soul shots at least break even from adena drops alone if they decide to solo farm in a zone appropriate to their level as long as they're not being gear checked.

2 hours ago, LoanWolf said:

Benefits

Tier 1 VIP Status

Tier 2 VIP Status

Tier 3 VIP Status

Tier 4 VIP Status

XP/SP

+5%

+10%

+15%

+25%

Item Drop

+10%

+20%

+30%

+50%

--

--

-5%

-20%

VIP Daily Box*

World Chat

+1

+2

+2

+3

Fishing XP

--

--

+5%

+20%

Silver Coin Acquisition

--

--

PVE Damage Increase

--

--

+3%

+10%

Strongly disagree with removing GK cost (maybe reducing it is okay), it makes the later game content (pvp, wars, etc) so watered down and it allows a single clan to utterly dominate everything with no opportunity cost at all.  When people are talking about gatekeeper costs they are thinking very short-term and short-sighted.

Aside from that I completely agree with all, nice post :D  I would go one further to say the increase on VIP4 (or 5 or whatever) should be ~100%, that would put our server rates more closely in-line with Skelth (pay to play) rates.  That just makes sense and it will make the economy more balanced.

What the OP did not mention is that, if these type of changes are not made NC will be forced to add pay to win items, thus destroying the server.

3 minutes ago, FatHips said:

I would go one further to say the increase on VIP4 (or 5 or whatever) should be ~100%, that would put our server rates more closely in-line with Skelth (pay to play) rates. 

It have same rates as Skelth when was in 1.5

12 minutes ago, Dr1MaR said:

Just quit classic, it s obvious it s not for you. VIP 4 bonus is already good enough compare to VIP 3. Quit crying, if you can't play this rates, just quit 

Just quit classic, it s obvious it s not for you. VIP 4 bonus is already good enough compare to VIP 3. Quit crying, if you can't play this rates, just quit. 

Like seriously the amount of crying  and complaining on this forums just wanna make me throw up. There is nothing to read here, just infinite noob crying begging admins to increase rates or VIP 4. Really should be asshamed of yourself. Stop crying, learn how to make adena in game, if you play 2-3 hours a day, forget about playing here,it won't get you anywhere. You can't expect to be in full c grade if you have no idea how to make money in game and not investing enough time into it. 

13 minutes ago, Dr1MaR said:

Just quit classic, it s obvious it s not for you. VIP 4 bonus is already good enough compare to VIP 3. Quit crying, if you can't play this rates, just quit 

Just quit posting, it s obvious it s not for you.  People discussing possible QoL updates are already good enough compare to you "crying" about crying. Quit crying, if you can't post something constructive, just quit.

4 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

Just quit posting, it s obvious it s not for you.  People discussing possible QoL updates are already good enough compare to you "crying" about crying. Quit crying, if you can't post something constructive, just quit.

What are you talking about? People are discussing here some next level pay 2 win stuff. I don't want any of that. I m happy with the current rates. Yes it s hard. Yes i spent 6 mil just on spell books. Do I come here and complain about adena rates? No, i would rather invest that time into the game so I can make more adena. People are just wasting their precious time crying here

As a VIP member I believe the current boosts are fine.

This game is supposed to be challenging and not simply give hand outs for the amount of money you spend.

i would like to hold onto the little bit of non pay to win mechanics as long as possible.

I spend the money to avoid the queue and to get the world shouts mainly but gearing up should take time not 1 month.

Archived