Make VIP 4 Worth it

LoanWolf

I would also like to add that from my perspective, VIP4 is becoming a liability.   My leveling is out-pacing the amount of adena earned to the point that the only D-grade item I've bought for a character by level 30 is a crafted, mid-level D-grade 1h sword; zero jewelry; and if it wasn't for the Moonguard set, I'd have no armor, either.

It makes more sense for me to not pay NCoin to avoid any VIP so I spend more time in the fields slowly leveling up, that way my character actually has the gear it needs to survive at its level.  The only benefit for me is faster log-ins, but this game never disconnects you so my VIP0 solution is just never log out.

"But Toast!" you say, "don't you get silver coins from hunting?  There's your extra adena!" - Two which I respond, you're right!  Each silver coin gives you, on average, about 125 adena worth of value.  By level 30 most of my characters have aquired 200 coins (but some 20-30 fewer) generating around 25,000 adena in value - over 30 levels.  This is about 5% of a character's net worth.  Five percent.  Hardly keeps with the pace of +50% +25% XP.

I want to support NCWest so we keep classic servers open and operating, but I'm failing to see any actual benefit for having VIP.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This community can be cringeworthy at times.  Ive been pretty neutral on a lot of my responses, I havent attacked anyone for what they feel about this game.  Most of you aren't level 50 yet.  Ive already adapted to the changes, but my adaptation means me doing 2 things.  Live in Aden, walk to Forest of Mirrors to do daily then walk to enchanted Valley or just live and grind in Enchanted Valley.  Ive already done that.  Killing a level 20 mob should not be the same as killing a level 55 mob, which it is STILL in this game.  Bot farming is comically easy if a character that is 1 hour old can make the same as one that takes 2 months to progress.  

I understand that some people will want GK costs to remain.  I get that.  But most players will either delevel to 40 and farm AI which is trash exp and think they can boost instantly to 50 1 day which they wont.  Others will hold off at 45/46 and just live in Aden forever.  Others will camp in their grindspot and not move for weeks and have their box ferry things to them.  Others will just reroll characters passing their d grades and refarming the same shit theyve killed for months.  

Theres nothing hardcore about any of that, its just a pain in the ass and lessens the content and quality of the game.  People will adapt to it but realistically it blows for clans.  Im not going to Cruma anymore because of the cost or distance so my clan no longer has a tank to bring level 40s up.  They are camping in Giran because of the cost to get to Aden, those under 45.  It just seperates players.  

My suggestion would actually help to combat some of the issues in this game.  This isn't Lineage 1.0 or 1.5 or 2.0.  Its a mutated version of this game.  You can have all the fun you want picking up stems twice as fast in a dead server within 2 weeks but trust me when everyone logged on in my clan yesterday it was like a punch in the face.  And those are real lineage 2 fans that are just getting straight fed up with this game right now. 

36 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

Maybe we are trying to find a way to keep the servers going?  No incoming revenue means no servers.  Gotta make it something people want to buy, right?

What makes you think that you need to find a way to keep the servers going? NcSoft has plenty of incoming revenue. Servers have stable online and everything going smooth. Just because there 30 ppl crying on forums about how hard this rates are doesn't mean the servers are in danger of dying.

13 minutes ago, IH8U said:

OFC what a coincidence

You were the one who stated it gets better at 50.  Enchanted Valley was buffed, its a good farming zone, thats it though.  Cemetary and Outlaw forest both level 50 zones give 100 adena!  Thats nuts.  What gets better about vip4 at level 50+?  Item Drop?  I have a much better chance of NG and D grade items to make 500k adena at level 30 then I do getting 1 mat drop C grade.  Silver coins giving more then 1 per kill?  

1 hour ago, LoanWolf said:

This community can be cringeworthy at times.  Ive been pretty neutral on a lot of my responses, I havent attacked anyone for what they feel about this game.  Most of you aren't level 50 yet.  Ive already adapted to the changes, but my adaptation means me doing 2 things.  Live in Aden, walk to Forest of Mirrors to do daily then walk to enchanted Valley or just live and grind in Enchanted Valley.  Ive already done that.  Killing a level 20 mob should not be the same as killing a level 55 mob, which it is STILL in this game.  Bot farming is comically easy if a character that is 1 hour old can make the same as one that takes 2 months to progress.  

I understand that some people will want GK costs to remain.  I get that.  But most players will either delevel to 40 and farm AI which is trash exp and think they can boost instantly to 50 1 day which they wont.  Others will hold off at 45/46 and just live in Aden forever.  Others will camp in their grindspot and not move for weeks and have their box ferry things to them.  Others will just reroll characters passing their d grades and refarming the same shit theyve killed for months.  

Theres nothing hardcore about any of that, its just a pain in the ass and lessens the content and quality of the game.  People will adapt to it but realistically it blows for clans.  Im not going to Cruma anymore because of the cost or distance so my clan no longer has a tank to bring level 40s up.  They are camping in Giran because of the cost to get to Aden, those under 45.  It just seperates players.  

My suggestion would actually help to combat some of the issues in this game.  This isn't Lineage 1.0 or 1.5 or 2.0.  Its a mutated version of this game.  You can have all the fun you want picking up stems twice as fast in a dead server within 2 weeks but trust me when everyone logged on in my clan yesterday it was like a punch in the face.  And those are real lineage 2 fans that are just getting straight fed up with this game right now. 

This.

48 minutes ago, Dr1MaR said:

What makes you think that you need to find a way to keep the servers going? NcSoft has plenty of incoming revenue. Servers have stable online and everything going smooth. Just because there 30 ppl crying on forums about how hard this rates are doesn't mean the servers are in danger of dying.

I don't think I need to do anything.  We are just discussing stuff on a discussion board.  You seem kinda pissy about stuff, not sure what your deal is, chief.

The rates aren't too hard, per se, it's just that they are off.  In many ways.

Maybe try to take it easy there, bud.

46 minutes ago, LoanWolf said:

You were the one who stated it gets better at 50.  Enchanted Valley was buffed, its a good farming zone, thats it though.  Cemetary and Outlaw forest both level 50 zones give 100 adena!  Thats nuts.  What gets better about vip4 at level 50+?  Item Drop?  I have a much better chance of NG and D grade items to make 500k adena at level 30 then I do getting 1 mat drop C grade.  Silver coins giving more then 1 per kill?  

losing 2% XP per death plus ress recovery instead 4% post 50+ isn't important? think again kid how much exp you got saved after all your deaths, you know how hard is to xp 55+?

+25% xp is nothing? while you leveled up a vip 0 player is still 75% plus losing 4% per death

+50% drop? like are you kidding me? if drop rates are low for vip4 players can you guess how they are for vip0? this can even be considered P2W.

silver coins even more w.t.f getting any material just for farm

I could go on but you are just clueless.

14 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

I don't think I need to do anything.  We are just discussing stuff on a discussion board.  You seem kinda pissy about stuff, not sure what your deal is, chief.

The rates aren't too hard, per se, it's just that they are off.  In many ways.

Maybe try to take it easy there, bud.

So the rates are off, yes, and your solution is to give vip 4 players a bonus in adena and drop even greater. That surely will level the rates ingame.

You only care about more benefits added to vip 4 so you can claim in game "look at me, im the best player in l2 with the best gear you can get. I only had to burn my credit card to get all this stuff". How about you try to get things by playing the game?

Just now, Thegrumpymuppett said:

So the rates are off, yes, and your solution is to give vip 4 players a bonus in adena and drop even greater. That surely will level the rates ingame.

You only care about more benefits added to vip 4 so you can claim in game "look at me, im the best player in l2 with the best gear you can get. I only had to burn my credit card to get all this stuff". How about you try to get things by playing the game?

I didn't say anything about adding these things, I just said it was a good post.  Much better than the usual faire of pure complaining.

Just now, IH8U said:

losing 2% XP per death plus ress recovery instead 4% post 50+ isn't important? think again kid how much exp you got saved after all your deaths, you know how hard is to xp 55+?

+25% xp is nothing? while you leveled up a vip 0 player is still 75% plus losing 4% per death

+50% drop? like are you kidding me? if drop rates are low for vip4 players can you guess how they are for vip0? this can even be considered P2W.

Who cares about exp past 40?  Losing an extra 1% means absolutely nothing, its not hard to get xp in this game. Lose 4% instead of 5% doesnt matter.

25% xp is nothing considering you could get almost 4-5 times that from other buffs in this game.  And once again, no one cares about xp past 40 its all SP and adena.  1 FoM will net you 7 mil exp or roughly 2% at 50.  

50% drop is a meme.  My vip1 account has had 4 full drops, my vip4 has had 2.  

Don't tell me I need to get to a certain level to know how much more op VIP is if you aren't there yourself.  

Its just amazing how people sit here and discuss how can we get more money into NCSofts pockets ... wow

The moment when they cross the line with p2w stuff is the moment when the server will die and only creditcard warriors and bots will remain (the same thing that happened to l2 live)

VIP bonus is big already.More bonus will make the game subscription like game and all the rest will quit.This form of the game died years ago and died on innova servers too.So you wanna play with your extra bonus vip4 on empty server ? I dont think so..

Vip 4 is not worth the price they charge for it, +50% of a drop rate that is 0.0001-.0.000.05 is nothing, thats is basically adding 50% to nothing which still makes it nothing. Spoil rates are crap, taking out the luck stat was one of the worst things that could of been done. Classic L2 was hard to get drops, but they still dropped. The only ones I see getting the drops are the people who are botting, and dont tell me there not cause I know of a whole clan that does it. your not going to go from 40 to 50 in 2 days even with scrolls and that other crap you want to push. I get it, shady back door dealings with RTM companies and such...but come off of it. You really expect us to buy into to this "It is working as intended". Next time you label something as classic make sure it is, not what ever this is your trying to push. Im a Spellhowler for crying out loud and I get more mat drops and rec drops that are spoil only than a spoiler does of the same lvl. This needs to be fixed ASAP, and you can not tell me it isn't that easy. I work in the table top industry and at least when we put something out we make sure it is working for the most part "As intended.". So I suggest you get off your butts go back and look at the problem from the outside in, not the other way around. And this we only have X amount of people working on this, that is a load of horse crap. And if it is true, then maybe the chopping block needs to be put into effect. I will not spend another dime in the NC store for coin if all it gives me is more mats. And on a side note, back in the day mobs over 40 or it might of been 45 did not drop Thread or stems.....so get it right (Fix your drop tables because this random engine you have in place now for drops is not "Working as intended.".   

So 5 times more bonus Xp and 5 times bonus chance for drops of Vip 4 compared top Vip1 is not enough?

What kind of L2 are your expecting here? Like killing few mobs and lvl up with VIP4? If you dont like the current bonuses - DON’t pay, play without them. You will see that it is worth it.

Bad post on my opinion, deletion required.

I think you forgot that VIP4 is obtainined by already buying a ton of things in the store. You want a trillion benefits just for the sake of being "vip", you already have the value of the coins you bought, now you suggest the game to be some pay 2 win weirdness that makes everything easy and massive. A big no, thanks.
They only need to fix the rate, stop suggesting these nonsense features. Lv45 mobs and Lv40 2x mobs should NOT drop less adena than lv20 mobs, it's a simple and easy logic to understand, it's illogical having a game that has a higher curve around lv20 to 40 with a downgrade onwards.

17 hours ago, iWelna said:

Our CP is all vip4, i didnt see any change in drop rate couse of it, more adena drop for vip4 would for sure make this money worth it.

Also VIP4 should have different queue than VIP1.

The simple problem is the current benefits of VIP is not acceptable to a large portion of the population using it.  Honestly if you like it or not, that's the truth, you cannot force someone to feel incentives that don't exist.

Boost VIP in some ways or people will stop paying for it.  I've already let it fall from 4 to 3 on my alts and I see no difference whatsoever.

This is a huge concern for NC, probably one of their largest ones aside from general security.

How do you boost 5 times more of nothing, lvling faster does not matter if you are still getting 50% of nothing. The people who defend and say others are crying have no clue what they are talking about. In order to get vip 4 you have to spend at least $50. So as I said, 50% of a drop rate that is nothing = 50% more of nothing. You should not get drops that are spoil only as any other class other than a spoiler. The drop system is broken all to hell, you have non spoilers getting only spoil drops, and spoilers who get nothing from spoiling. It is stupid and broken all at the same time. And those of you who think everything is fine are either blind or you are just here trolling post trying to get others to react. Get off your free horse thinking we get everything and you get nothing. Most of you free players sat in town this last event and got multi weapons/enchants and the ones who where playing the game got nothing but crap. The point of my post was to show that a drop rate that is set so low for everything makes no sense it is a 0.0001-0.0000.5 do the math on that and you tell me if a 0.0001.5 -0.0001 is any better. 

On 16/11/2018 at 2:13 PM, FatHips said:

The simple problem is the current benefits of VIP is not acceptable to a large portion of the population using it.  Honestly if you like it or not, that's the truth, you cannot force someone to feel incentives that don't exist.

Boost VIP in some ways or people will stop paying for it.  I've already let it fall from 4 to 3 on my alts and I see no difference whatsoever.

This is a huge concern for NC, probably one of their largest ones aside from general security.

Since day 1 I already noticed this design, they intentionally made VIP 3 the most cost benefit choice, me personally I don't think I could keep paying for VIP 4 but I would definitely pay for it if I could. VIP 3 has the VIP 4 benefits whereas the VIP 4 is equal to 2 VIP 3's, consider that you'll get 10% extra exp, and more drop rate. Are they good? of course they are, they're massive, people underestimate so much the power of the drop rate benefits, specially when adena is also a chance based drop. VIP 3 is DEFINITELY worth it, it IS designed to be that way, it's supposed to feel like a monthly sub for the extra comfort, VIP 4 is for people who is willing to whale for MORE, that's about it. VIP 1 and 2 could be boosted, they should add some ways to achieve silver coins for all VIPs, perhaps with an increase for each tier, currently I see no point for VIP 1 and 2 besides skipping queues. Perhaps VIP 1 and 2 are just there for people who are not keeping their VIP so they don't lose all at once, so they keep the option to upgrade a tier in case they can't afford or maybe lost interest for that month.

Actually now that I'm checking the VIP 4, it is insane... the benefits for simply being VIP 4 is absurd, not to mention all the stuff you already bought from the store, the incentive is to buy things from the store, being VIP is just a consequence, and yes, it is worth it, you just need the money :D

Archived