[Completed] Classic Unscheduled Server Maintenance: Thursday, November 15, 2018

Hime

1 minute ago, iWelna said:

So You just basicly saying that rates will be "just" a bit higher couse we are free to play.  GREAT

And what about ppls which pay for VIP4 ? it doesnt look free to play to me and we cant even gather adena for shots, not even saying about using gatekeepers.

Go support the game then. It's not that much.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Hime said:

We do ban bots and spammers daily, but if you're still seeing the ones you've reported, can you go ahead and open a ticket on them? Send me the ticket number what you do. Thanks!

Hello @Hime
How does that work, can I just pick their names and send to a support for analysis? I see bots EVERYWHERE, doing the same thing, I report them with the in-game report button (that is, if can, because we're gated with 30 minutes for each report, and there are often a big number of individual bots).
Can I make a list of them and send to the support? I'm sure I know what the bots are, I'm not mistaken with 'train' players, although some of them are I confirm way carefully before taking an unfair action against them, mostly by talking to them, griefing, seeing his reaction and looking at predictable patterns, the summoner bots are the most obvious and audacious ones.
Do I need footage of them, what do I need? Oh, I forgot to mention that I could include those adena selling spammers.
Thank you.

47 minutes ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Thursday, November 15, 2018 at 2pm PDT / 5pm EDT / 2200 GMT+1 for approximately 1 hours.

With this maintenance:

• Address an issue with Tier 1 VIP Daily Gift Box not available in the L2 Store.
  • Free Teleports for all servers will be available for two weeks as we continue discussions about rates scaling. 
  • Remaining Pumpkinface Halloween Candies and Gifts will be removed from players' inventories as previously stated in the event.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

abcabcabcabcabcabcabc

xDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxD

17 minutes ago, Shakedown said:

Thank you, the maintenance is a bit annoying. But I can finally spend an hour getting some shit done around the house :)

Glad you guys are trying, i'm sure your hands are a bit tied with the higher ups.

Also, please no more top Weapon events. You really screwed the market on all other D grade items.

Talk about it... I can't find Vajra Wand Frames to sell anymore... '-'

EDIT: They should compensate this somehow. 

2 minutes ago, Murad said:

@Hime

Can you please make ingame surveys?

30 people complaining on the forums about adena/drop/spoil does NOT reffect the whole population!

If people want to finish the game in 1 month they have L2 Mobile or L2 Live.

If you make this game easy the hardcore players will leave, if you make it too hard the casuals will leave. 

You marketed this game as a hardcore experience and at its heart this is not a casual game.

MAN 30 people can say that, but only 3 on fórum are agree with the rates, hardcore is not like that, the 90% of players who play alone cant progress, and all people who can its only for the event or lukcy in a daily and is not necessary do alts for adena, its insane, one cahr lvl 30 make more adena tan one 45. go and still playing your broke server, maybe 4 "hardcore" players ll leave, but like this, 1000 "normal" players ll leave

I totally understand the logic in what u are doing... The economy has to be low in order of a long term f2p server.

But i think the worst mistake you did was boosting low level areas in the first weeks. I guess you did that to prevent players from mass fleeping.

Now you really have 2 options either turn the server back to what it was in day 1 or go serverwide same rates as pre 40 areas (x0.7% i guess) and release new areas faster than it was scheduled... 

But seriously take that decision fast before you have real mass flees...

I personally vote option 1 and true hardcore with low pop

2 minutes ago, Gazob1 said:

Hello @Hime
How does that work, can I just pick their names and send to a support for analysis? I see bots EVERYWHERE, doing the same thing, I report them with the in-game report button (that is, if can, because we're gated with 30 minutes for each report, and there are often a big number of individual bots).
Can I make a list of them and send to the support? I'm sure I know what the bots are, I'm not mistaken with 'train' players, although some of them are I confirm way carefully before taking an unfair action against them, mostly by talking to them, griefing, seeing his reaction and looking at predictable patterns, the summoner bots are the most obvious is audacious ones.
Do I need footage of them, what do I need?
Thank you.

u like the bot police

1 minute ago, Murad said:

@Hime

Can you please make ingame surveys?

30 people complaining on the forums about adena/drop/spoil does NOT reffect the survey population!

If people want to finish the game in 1 month they have L2 Mobile or L2 Live.

If you make this game easy the hardcore players will leave, if you make it too hard the casuals will leave. 

You marketed this game as a hardcore experience and at its heart this is not a casual game.

we all agree about that. but it supposed to be fair as well... i dont think is fair to get the same adena from 10-15 levels differend mob (2x life) while u kill it twices hard (and more expensive cuz the higher gear. I dont think hardcore means suicide or pay to play. Its neeed to be hard but FAIR. and i thik they shoud make someting like l2wiki with the real chances of drop/adena/spoil than NOONE can complain cuz all be cleare and stated. If they say for example in enchanted the adena from runner will be 300-500 ok... but in the same time its obvious that cant make the same adena from warrior ant (20 lvl difference) ... if u get what i mean and hopefully @Hime (sorry for the poor language) 

4 minutes ago, Hime said:

We do ban bots and spammers daily, but if you're still seeing the ones you've reported, can you go ahead and open a ticket on them? Send me the ticket number what you do. Thanks!

Meh, not sure which kind of bots you guys ban...I knew quite some bots, even active players and not chinese/rusky farmers, who were able to log in with programs w/o problem...you just need to know "when" to inject it. Even tho they got reported to Support section and also with IG button, they are still around. And it's been already 3 weeks since the reports. 

Anyway the fact you guys are bringing back the free port is a good thing...even tho, i don't think you will be able to save the server with just that. This excuse that server got 'free to play' rate is quite stupid...but we all know why. L2Store will become broken OP like the live version. Can't you really just let it die and modify/empower the several VIP tiers instead of putting craps such as broocher/cloaks/etc? Quite sure the monthly income would be greater since people wont quit due to the OP store. Ofc, if you don't put like +50% pvp dmg on vip 4...boosting it with things that improve PVE experience. We all agree that "server is suppose to be hardcore" but even back in C4 the game was hard, but at least mobs were dropping enough adena to restock and to GK w/o any problem, lol. In this version some developer was already "silly" (i can't use the "r" word or the forum admin will ban me again, love you too <3) enough with spellbook drop rates. Same rate as a weapon in chance of dropping. But at least the grocer gives milions for C weapon and not 50k adenas. 

On 11/14/2018 at 5:58 AM, tinchooo said:

:x

7 minutes ago, TzOr said:

You guys knew from the 1st day it was gonna be hardcore thats why you all came here. Stop complaining for literally everything and play.

Actually the majority doesn't not want HARDCORE version. They prefer a softer server that will allow a casual gamer to gear up without struggling to hard. You can say you make plenty of adena and yes you probably understand the game mechanics better than an average player and the game should be tailored for the average player. More people happy then people will play more and the company will make more profits. So the complaints being addresses is good for Ncsoft and the avg Gamer.

Serious what is wrong with you guys?? you complain about them removing free teleport. They realized it was a bad idea to remove it, they want to keep us satishfied, so they add it back. And now you guys complain cause they have to bring down the servers  for 1 hour. 

Secondly Classic doesn't stand for Hardcore.

46 minutes ago, Hime said:

It's not just about fixing the rates. It's to make sure it scales appropriately with the direction we want it to go. It's supposed to be difficult, and not overly punishing. As you know our rates are different from other versions of the game because we are free to play. While I agree we should have resolve this issue once and for all a couple weeks back, we are here and we need to properly address the issue.

@Hime 

This sounds like a conspiracy, it seems that yours have something to do with all the people who sell adeas in game, and that is why there is no solution to the bot's problem. As you say, it's your business model

Free to play, but someone must pay

Just a thought, You are banning many people for "account sharing" and "billing differences" causing people to lose 5+ days of being behind the curve. Meanwhile you have top "spenders" who are sharing accounts and logged in 24/7. I understand that you are purposefully hampering the XP/Adena rates, to slow progression somewhat, but it's not really working anyway. There's several CPs that are already in the hardest area and in their mid 60's. So either ban the bots and fix the adena/spoiling rates so the rest of us who aren't getting "driven"/"rmt" can catch up, or just keep ignoring the problem and we will get there eventually but PLEASE don't keep arbitrarily banning legitimate players. I've already seen many quit, many who stopped spending due to the issues, and unless something comes across soon, I think it will cause more to leave/stop spending. We all want a fun and nostalgic experience, so far while it's been fun to actually party and craft again, it's also been extremely disappointing. 

5 minutes ago, xHaseo said:

Meh, not sure which kind of bots you guys ban...I knew quite some bots, even active players and not chinese/rusky farmers, who were able to log in with programs w/o problem...you just need to know "when" to inject it. Even tho they got reported to Support section and also with IG button, they are still around. And it's been already 3 weeks since the reports. 

Anyway the fact you guys are bringing back the free port is a good thing...even tho, i don't think you will be able to save the server with just that. This excuse that server got 'free to play' rate is quite stupid...but we all know why. L2Store will become broken OP like the live version. Can't you really just let it die and modify/empower the several VIP tiers instead of putting craps such as broocher/cloaks/etc? Quite sure the monthly income would be greater since people wont quit due to the OP store. Ofc, if you don't put like +50% pvp dmg on vip 4...boosting it with things that improve PVE experience. We all agree that "server is suppose to be hardcore" but even back in C4 the game was hard, but at least mobs were dropping enough adena to restock and to GK w/o any problem, lol. In this version some developer was already "silly" (i can't use the "r" word or the forum admin will ban me again, love you too <3) enough with spellbook drop rates. Same rate as a weapon in chance of dropping. But at least the grocer gives milions for C weapon and not 50k adenas. 

The game was NOT hard in C4.
Catas/necros made the game incredibly easy.

16 minutes ago, Hime said:

It's not just about fixing the rates. It's to make sure it scales appropriately with the direction we want it to go. It's supposed to be difficult, and not overly punishing. As you know our rates are different from other versions of the game because we are free to play. While I agree we should have resolve this issue once and for all a couple weeks back, we are here and we need to properly address the issue.

@Hime THAT is not what people paid you for or signed up for WE expected a balance game that we follow of russian/korean servers and that is the expected rates otherwise close the servers down give a 100% refund to everyones accounts and make some bs SLOW rate classic servers when 1000s of people come on here a small junk of retired losers want to spend 10years to grind a level or not use ss walk all over the game like a stroll on memory lane no majority of us look at the other servers and come ready to play that style and not be thrown around or falsely advertised f2p is only because you guys lack the ability to take care of your game and instead rely on people who will pay far more to contribute in nc store we are 20-30s on average and dont like your games or your pathetic screw ups that are getting very old very fast hire some1 capable / fix the situation to reflect how classic was actually INTENDED / or end this nonsense and apologize to every1 with a full refund and accept you people cant handle running a 15year old game

9 minutes ago, Hime said:

first of all , ty for free teleport xD

but plz , the game is free too play for sure but all players that love this game have VIP ON , and u know that !

We came on your server to have the "same" experience to the old game and it s not !

u said that the drop rates are different because " we are free to play " , like i said , all " real players " are vip 1 or more !!!

an exemple : i paid vip 4 on one account and vip 2 for another one , that s more than a typical subscription of an MMORPG !

and plz , don t say that i have a +50% drop on VIP 4 , +50% of nothing ... it s nothing ...

scale the adena drop rate with VIP rank , that s a real solution :

VIP 4 --> 100% of the initial database

VIP 3 -->  - 20%

VIP 2 -->  - 30%

VIP 1 -->  - 40%

free to play : - 60%

10 minutes ago, Gazob1 said:

Hello @Hime
Can I make a list of them and send to the support? I'm sure I know what the bots are, I'm not mistaken with 'train' players, although some of them are I confirm way carefully before taking an unfair action against them, mostly by talking to them, griefing, seeing his reaction and looking at predictable patterns, the summoner bots are the most obvious and audacious ones.
Do I need footage of them, what do I need? Oh, I forgot to mention that I could include those adena selling spammers.
Thank you.

The problem is, alot of randoms are running around, griefing with the bot button for people who are multiboxing. I myself have two computers sitting next to me, and can effectively run 2 toons almost as well as live people doing them.

1 minute ago, Chocapic said:

first of all , ty for free teleport xD

but plz , the game is free too play for sure but all players that love this game have VIP ON , and u know that !

We came on your server to have the "same" experience to the old game and it s not !

u said that the drop rates are different because " we are free to play " , like i said , all " real players " are vip 1 or more !!!

an exemple : i paid vip 4 on one account and vip 2 for another one , that s more than a typical subscription of an MMORPG !

and plz , don t say that i have a +50% drop on VIP 4 , +50% of nothing ... it s nothing ...

scale the adena drop rate with VIP rank , that s a real solution :

VIP 4 --> 100% of the initial database

VIP 3 -->  - 20%

VIP 2 -->  - 30%

VIP 1 -->  - 40%

free to play : - 60%

some variation of this would be ideal, including adena/spoil rates

I desperately hope this will be their solution.

16 minutes ago, Hime said:

The unscheduled maintenances are annoying.

@HimeFirst of all reatly appreciate the reply.
Ticket #22922065

And a question if i may that other might also have.
Since it'll be a lot of work to report a single bot each time through ticket, can we report a bunch of them in a single ticket?
Including any vids/SS we got as proof of course.

21 minutes ago, Hime said:

It's not more logical decrease XP rate from mobs? because this decision would make people buy XP bonus from Cash Shop, instead decrease drop rate from Adenas and support gold sellers? What reason low Adena rate affect in Free to Play or P2P if you can't buy nothing to increase Adena rate from Cash shop? But you can increase XP rate from Cash shop.

Think about it!

Well, I played this game for over 10 years in several different illegal servers and official. So, teleports being paid?? I agree on 1 condition. That when I teleport to a farm area of my lvl I earn enough to pay for my shots, teleport there and SOE, let's say in 1 hour. Having to farm for more than that just to recover the investment is ridiculous. PK system? I agree that you should "repent your sins" and drop items after 4 PK's. On the other hand the quest items should drop at 100% rate in case you were killing mobs at your lvl (white). Drop rate or adena drop. I believe that a soulshot grade C or B costs more than a D grade. Since there's no SA system in place because it's been replaced by talismans and these can be applied to a D grade wep, there's no point on acquiring C or B grade. You just invest on D grade and over-enchant because the max cast speed you'll get with talismans is between 6-13% nothing compared with the old Acumen. This drastically affects the market and the development inspiring people to do more and more boxes to farm more D grade items because these are the real deal!!! To be fair we shouldn't experience these issues at all. In my opinion the best L2 I played and most balanced was without a doubt Interlude. You guys have the script and the client file and the only thing you needed to do to make a good Classic experience would be using interlude as base and add/remove some things. Now having a mix between old rules and new quests or methods isn't balanced. There was a quest at level 40 that started in the BS of Giran that would provide you between 1 to 3kk. This would be a good start for your C grade equips and "BOOM" it doesn't exist. 7 signs?? the best way of balancing the economy and in long term replace adenas doesn't exist. In other words, as a player you should be able to get at least 1 item for your grade by farming mobs or completing quests. It was insane at the beginning watching 100+ ppl farming a boss with no grade weapons, no shots and low lvl buffs and in the end droping 1 EAD or 1 EWD when it drops. Another one... it's harder to get SP than exp, you see people committing suicide just to keep farming SP. If you want to avoid PK's it's simple... if you're not in PT and you do less than 50% of the damage that kills the mob you get nothing from it. This way, you'll avoid KS and eventually PK. 1 guy + box can prevent a full party from exping by being a jerk at the moment. So, to prevent ganking, you're allowing 1 guy to abuse 9 guys. Obviously, this is not PVP, this is being a bleep and not allowing a larger group to farm because you just can't be bothered to solo farm somewhere else! other way would be creating instances where only parties can get in, leaving more space for the lone rangers XD. In conclusion, you got the client file that works, so, adjustments make sense, but you went through more work and time creating a "new" client when you could have just adapted an old one. 

13 minutes ago, Hime said:

As you know our rates are different from other versions of the game because we are free to play.

That's an extremely interesting policy... So basically the NA classic servers are just a cash grab because you well know that you stand to gain more money from NCoin purchases people will make to maintain VIP and other consumables than you would with a basic subscription model? I paid monthly subscriptions for many years on this game before they went free to play, hell, I still even have my physical copy of Lineage 2. So in my eyes I have paid my dues so to speak, but to know we are getting a watered down experience because the servers of a fourteen year old game are free to play is extremely disheartening to hear from a loyal fan since the beginning.

40 minutes ago, Dr1MaR said:

So all you need is 30 people complaining about something on forums and you will listen and revert changes? This really concerns me, tp cost was always a design feature. tp cost means people need to plan their travel ahead. Tp cost mean dwarfs can actually start making some money of selling shots in different towns. You just took all that away because there were a few people complaining here. Why you guys keep listening to them? You know that no matter what they will be always complaining. Today they complain about tp cost, tomorrow about spellbook rate, then it s gonna be something else. The complaining will never end! All you will do is ruin the classic experience for those who truly appreciate it. Please stop NCsoft

I am curious as to what makes you believe that YOU are the voice of the majority? 

If these people are truly the majority, as you say, why do they not post about it? 

If that's really what all these players want, do they not care enough about the game to comment?

Perhaps it is you that are the cryer?  

Archived