[Completed] Classic Unscheduled Server Maintenance: Thursday, November 15, 2018

Hime

• L2 Team

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Thursday, November 15, 2018 at 2pm PDT / 5pm EDT / 2200 GMT+1 for approximately 1 hours.

With this maintenance:

• Address an issue with Tier 1 VIP Daily Gift Box not available in the L2 Store.
  • Free Teleports for all servers will be available for two weeks as we continue discussions about rates scaling. 
  • Remaining Pumpkinface Halloween Candies and Gifts will be removed from players' inventories as previously stated in the event.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So bassicaly, you just fast repair something that affects your real money income, and than you turn back your previous changes, just becouse your forum servers cant hold on that spam... But bassicaly doing something new on server thats too much for you guys there right? 

and what about the adena drop at lvl 40+? 

Hunter village drop 100-200 a 

ivory crater 100- 200

and all the same... 

also cruma 1.500 a

ant nest 300-900 a

forgotten temple 200-900 a

if i must pay GK no matter for 1 week , 2 weeks... at least  give me some places to farm... 

2 minutes ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Thursday, November 15, 2018 at 2pm PDT / 5pm EDT / 2200 GMT+1 for approximately 1 hours.

With this maintenance:

• Address an issue with Tier 1 VIP Daily Gift Box not available in the L2 Store.
  • Free Teleports for all servers will be available for two weeks as we continue discussions about rates scaling. 
  • Remaining Pumpkinface Halloween Candies and Gifts will be removed from players' inventories as previously stated in the event.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

Thank you. That makes sense.

• L2 Team
Just now, ZhangYang said:

So bassicaly, you just fast repair something that affects your real money income, and than you turn back your previous changes, just becouse your forum servers cant hold on that spam... But bassicaly doing something new on server thats too much for you guys there right? 

Initially, we wanted to alleviate the adena scaling issue with allowing free teleports. It wasn't the fix, but again, to help mitigate. The free teleports was scheduled and set for 2 weeks, and yesterday, it ended. Based on the feedback we've seen and our continued discussions with the devs on the scaling issue, we agreed to bring back the free teleports.

• L2 Team
Just now, Toast said:

You guys literally have had "unscheduled maintenance" at 2pm Thursday for the last three thursdays.  How about we call it "regularly scheduled maintenance" at this point?

It was something we discussed as well.

THANK YOU. 

I know I'm usually critical, I just wanted to say, THANK YOU for showing us without a doubt player concerns are actively being considered. With the last maintenance, I know many players (myself included) were worried that no more changes were in the works regarding adena. A simple line such as "as we continue discussions about rates scaling" goes a long way. Thank you for proving adena rates is a concern by providing free teleports.

This is the best I've felt about updates recently. Thanks so much.

2 minutes ago, Hime said:

Initially, we wanted to alleviate the adena scaling issue with allowing free teleports. It wasn't the fix, but again, to help mitigate. The free teleports was scheduled and set for 2 weeks, and yesterday, it ended. Based on the feedback we've seen and our continued discussions with the devs on the scaling issue, we agreed to bring back the free teleports.

Free top D weapons, Free teleports, no penalty when dying, Super EXP scrolls.
Classic they said, it's gonna be hard they said..

4 minutes ago, Hime said:

Well Im happy to hear that. But I still would recommend you guys to put one or two live GM character's on every server atleast for 2-5 hours a day, to silently look around and check random zones, check out random people still in invisible mode. And use that GM to report to headquaters what is actually going on... And please, atleast let that GM be a player not a monkey that never played L2 :D

@Hime 

I must admit that u guys have had almost more unscheduled maintenance then normal maintenance, ppl dont like that. we want stable server whit stable downtimes.

I know u have things u need to fix, why on earth dont u fix the on normal planned Downtime?? Alot of the things u have done in the unscheduled maintenance is something u knew u needed to fix, so I just dont get it.

1 minute ago, Gaspa said:

Make items drop when deading  to mobs...

That would be too much, sometimes im killed by bugged archer or mage monster that is standing on top of roof or stone, and I cant get it ... I would be really mad if I would lost my weapon becouse of that reason ... 

On 11/15/2018 at 2:43 PM, Hime said:

It is bad enough that you caved in under community pressure to increase adena drop rate that has no business in the 1.5 patch, introduced exp areas from the 3.5 patch; now you want to give idiots free teleports for a whole month? How about you delete all areas that aren't supposed to the in the 1.5 patch. Bring an actual drop rate of the 1.5 patch that Koreans and Russians had, remove extra skills from 3.5 patches, and remove extra exp areas.

After you do all that, you might have a leg in saying about free teleports.  The so-called "i played during beta days" players can go play on a illegal server, that's where they might have played during beta.

So can we just keep expecting maintenance on Wednesday's and Thursday's from now on? When you play the game it's not hard to see which hunting areas need fixing but you guys have some kind of secret agenda and vision for this server that I'm failing to see.

16 minutes ago, Hime said:

With this maintenance:

Thank you Hime for a response and action.

So all you need is 30 people complaining about something on forums and you will listen and revert changes? This really concerns me, tp cost was always a design feature. tp cost means people need to plan their travel ahead. Tp cost mean dwarfs can actually start making some money of selling shots in different towns. You just took all that away because there were a few people complaining here. Why you guys keep listening to them? You know that no matter what they will be always complaining. Today they complain about tp cost, tomorrow about spellbook rate, then it s gonna be something else. The complaining will never end! All you will do is ruin the classic experience for those who truly appreciate it. Please stop NCsoft

Archived