[Completed] Classic Unscheduled Server Maintenance: Thursday, November 15, 2018

Hime

19 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

Hardcore does not mean having to feel like it's a chore to play. 

15 minutes ago, Murad said:

@Hime

Can you please make ingame surveys?

30 people complaining on the forums about adena/drop/spoil does NOT reffect the whole population!

If people want to finish the game in 1 month they have L2 Mobile or L2 Live.

If you make this game easy the hardcore players will leave, if you make it too hard the casuals will leave. 

You marketed this game as a hardcore experience and at its heart this is not a casual game.

Well then their should be a 3x server and a 1x server then you would have the version you want to play. That makes both happy easy fix Next?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Izual said:

I totally understand the logic in what u are doing... The economy has to be low in order of a long term f2p server.

But i think the worst mistake you did was boosting low level areas in the first weeks. I guess you did that to prevent players from mass fleeping.

Now you really have 2 options either turn the server back to what it was in day 1 or go serverwide same rates as pre 40 areas (x0.7% i guess) and release new areas faster than it was scheduled... 

But seriously take that decision fast before you have real mass flees...

I personally vote option 1 and true hardcore with low pop

I agree with this solution, turn the server back to what it was in day 1.

You should have NEVER boosted low level areas in the first weeks because now people have another reason to complain!

• L2 Team
19 minutes ago, Murad said:

@Hime

Can you please make ingame surveys?

I think that's a fair request. I'll send it up.

16 minutes ago, Gazob1 said:

Hello @Hime
How does that work, can I just pick their names and send to a support for analysis? I see bots EVERYWHERE, doing the same thing, I report them with the in-game report button (that is, if can, because we're gated with 30 minutes for each report, and there are often a big number of individual bots).
Can I make a list of them and send to the support? I'm sure I know what the bots are, I'm not mistaken with 'train' players, although some of them are I confirm way carefully before taking an unfair action against them, mostly by talking to them, griefing, seeing his reaction and looking at predictable patterns, the summoner bots are the most obvious and audacious ones.
Do I need footage of them, what do I need? Oh, I forgot to mention that I could include those adena selling spammers.
Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Saintly said:

@HimeFirst of all reatly appreciate the reply.
Ticket #22922065

And a question if i may that other might also have.
Since it'll be a lot of work to report a single bot each time through ticket, can we report a bunch of them in a single ticket?
Including any vids/SS we got as proof of course.

You can report a bunch in a single ticket, but don't put like a bazillion names into one. Break it up once in awhile.

As for footage, it definitely would be beneficial to include links to videos or screenshots. It will definitely expedite the review process. Thank you both!

8 minutes ago, Tamlin said:

The problem is, alot of randoms are running around, griefing with the bot button for people who are multiboxing. I myself have two computers sitting next to me, and can effectively run 2 toons almost as well as live people doing them.

Like I said, I can tell the difference between bot players and train players, I've never been accused of botting and I've played with 4 boxes a lot with 2 pcs. Most bots I see are not boxes, they are just individual bots spread out. That's why the report button has become irrelevant, it forces you to wait 30 mins and it lost all its integrity due to the community going full st*pid using it for griefing. I just wanna take fair actions, I see ACTUAL bots, almost EVERYWHERE I go, I bet you do too.

14 minutes ago, Hime said:

You can report a bunch in a single ticket, but don't put like a bazillion names into one. Break it up once in awhile.

As for footage, it definitely would be beneficial to include links to videos or screenshots. It will definitely expedite the review process. Thank you both!

Thank you very much for both of your replies. :)

@Hime I have video showing 12 bots running out of Orc Village and jumping off the cliff into the water - I even went as far as to PK one of them on my healer to prove they were bots. I assume they were auto de-lvling to stay in one area.  Problem is I did not adjust the video settings so it is quite hard to make out names :(  Should I still send this to support ?  Thanks.

Also THANK YOU !  I do not envy you one bit @Hime !

22 minutes ago, Hime said:

@Hime Hello again!
You mentioned you are reviewing options with Devs. 
Care to share any potential details you are considering?

• L2 Team
13 minutes ago, Rhylix said:

@Hime I have video showing 12 bots running out of Orc Village and jumping off the cliff into the water - I even went as far as to PK one of them on my healer to prove they were bots. I assume they were auto de-lvling to stay in one area.  Problem is I did not adjust the video settings so it is quite hard to make out names :(  Should I still send this to support ?  Thanks.

Also THANK YOU !  I do not envy you one bit @Hime !

That behavior is not suspicious. Nope, not suspicious at all.

Go ahead and send it to support anyways. If you have some names, include that too.

13 minutes ago, FatHips said:

@Hime Hello again!
You mentioned you are reviewing options with Devs. 
Care to share any potential details you are considering?

Hey FatHips! Unfortunately, nothing I can share at the moment. Is there anything you are particularly concerned about?

Please fix the spoil problem, it is very frustrating to get a dwarf to get basic material and can not do the same, places where they would have to fall 1-7 materials, when they fall only comes 1, always 1.

Please, I'm just asking you to fix this. thank you!

18 minutes ago, Hime said:

Is there anything you are particularly concerned about?

First, and most important, I cannot tell you how happy I am to see you actually having conversations with your customers!!!!!  Thank you, thank you.  Please, please continue this practice.  

There is something I'm concerned about.  The old 1.5 rates worked very well.  I understand that was subscription and this is F2P/P2W, but it makes great sense to me to either use those rates across the board or some fraction of those rates.  Why are you having protracted discussions with the dev and implementing piecemeal solutions when such an obvious, easy and altogether effective solution is available to you?  If the answer is that your long-term strategy requires the rates to differ from the original based on the level of the mob, then you can use different percentages for different levels.  But starting with the old rates and implementing a universal solution is such an obvious solution I'm dumbfounded you folks didn't do it at launch, or at the first opportunity to correct the problem.  Please tell us why you have chosen not to do this.  Thanks.

EVERY MAINTENANCE IS WORSE AND WORSE... 

I play on server from 3 october,I never had any connection
problems. But after 2 last maintenance im have terrible lags and too big
delays, I started to use WTFAST program to decrease ping... my ping is
158 but this program dont help me to solve problems what started after 2
last maintenances 
:( i Think  on my network its not problem.... its problem on server,Help
me to solve this please, I bought on 2 character another next 50%runes and im unable
to play.I feel very frustrated. I never before had any problems like
this on previously servers.

1 hour ago, Hime said:

It's not just about fixing the rates. It's to make sure it scales appropriately with the direction we want it to go. It's supposed to be difficult, and not overly punishing. As you know our rates are different from other versions of the game because we are free to play. While I agree we should have resolve this issue once and for all a couple weeks back, we are here and we need to properly address the issue.

Dear @Hime I am writing this somewhat harsh feedback in hopes that you can take this disaster of a go-live and turn it into a success for both the fans and NCSoft.

This release of L2 classic in NA has, for the players (i.e. paying customers), been an annoyance and a disappointment.  As someone who has played since open beta, I have seen this company go downhill for many years, and it really saddens me, because the product is, at its core, the best MMORPG ever created.  The management of it, especially in North America, has been abysmal, not due to lack of caring, but, at least from my outside perspective, due to a lack of authority and support to make necessary improvements to the game.  But a disastrous start doesn't have to spell doom and gloom for L2 classic if you are willing to do what is required to fix the issues and regain the trust and confidence of the players which you betrayed once again.

Using the free to play excuse is getting old and tiring.  You chose to go with that model.  Many of us have no issue spending 15$ per month on a game if we find it entertaining.  We are tired, as L2 fans, of getting a worse experience than any other markets, just because we live in North America.  The feedback on these forums is very clear: we come here to play.  We expect to be able to log in the game, teleport to a zone, use soulshots, gain experience at a decent pace, and be able to afford gear as we level up, without having to rely on RMT.  How you enable us to achieve that goal, in all honesty, is up to you.  I think many of us are fine expecting those goals to only be achievable by having VIP lv. 4.  In fact, I was so excited about L2 Classic, that all 3 of my characters were VIP 4 for the first month, until I realized I paid over 150$ USD for an unplayable game.

My suggestion would be to take a look at how Square-Enix handled the flop that was FF XIV to become one of the most popular MMORPGs.  It took them closing down servers for nearly a year to go back to the drawing board and come up with a better game, apologizing for the mistake, and giving a free upgrade and some free months to previous owners as compensation.  Quite frankly, the players need to believe that you are hurting from this at least as much as we are.  Until then, this is just a one-sided transaction.

The basic game mechanics (classes, skills, monsters, epic bosses, sieges, etc.) are top-notch.  Think of the most enjoyable way you can make this content accessible to the users.  Let us have fun with the game, that's all we're asking.  Figure out a way to make the game enjoyable for us, and lucrative for you.

Many issues of this game are a vicious cycle caused by unrealistic adena/drop rates: players are poor to the point of not being able to hunt efficiently.  They buy adena from RMT farmers which have 1'000s of bots on each server generating adena.  Bots ends up outnumbering players in many areas of the game, rendering the game unplayable.  Fixing the adena/drop rates will solve this issue.  Most players would be fine using low d-grade at level 20, building up to top d-grade by level 35, and upgrading to low c-grade at level 40.  Bonus points if you bring back the weapon trade-in/upgrade system where you can upgrade your gear to the next one up for the store price difference.

The bottom line is this: make the game fun and players will come, players will stay, and players will bring their friends, and you will have millions of players happy to spend money to make L2 classic a success.

2 hours ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Thursday, November 15, 2018 at 2pm PDT / 5pm EDT / 2200 GMT+1 for approximately 1 hours.

With this maintenance:

• Address an issue with Tier 1 VIP Daily Gift Box not available in the L2 Store.
  • Free Teleports for all servers will be available for two weeks as we continue discussions about rates scaling. 
  • Remaining Pumpkinface Halloween Candies and Gifts will be removed from players' inventories as previously stated in the event.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

Thank you so much I apreciatet it really.You make me happy!

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

THANK YOU. 

I know I'm usually critical, I just wanted to say, THANK YOU for showing us without a doubt player concerns are actively being considered. With the last maintenance, I know many players (myself included) were worried that no more changes were in the works regarding adena. A simple line such as "as we continue discussions about rates scaling" goes a long way. Thank you for proving adena rates is a concern by providing free teleports.

This is the best I've felt about updates recently. Thanks so much.

Man wake up, after afk event ended they saw real ppl online numbers and how many ppl left, are leaving each day  thats what motives companies like this

3 hours ago, Hime said:

Initially, we wanted to alleviate the adena scaling issue with allowing free teleports. It wasn't the fix, but again, to help mitigate. The free teleports was scheduled and set for 2 weeks, and yesterday, it ended. Based on the feedback we've seen and our continued discussions with the devs on the scaling issue, we agreed to bring back the free teleports.

i would love to see some of that back and forth with the devs and their insights on having not scaled down tp/pots/ores costs to the adena costs.  we understand that you wanted to make it harder, but now ppl are going to -  isntead of slowly accumulating adena for gear and ppl now just cry and leav serv, at least in giran where are play there are barely any 40+ random/casual ppl parties

@Hime

What are management's plans to stop the people who are DDoSing the server to greatly increase safety on enchant attempts? They basically are rolling the server back each time the item breaks, you can actually see it happening in towns, the server will lag, and then someone will get an enchant success. Keep an eye out, weird that this is even possible.

Archived