Warning to those that are account sharing...

best_singer

Our bishop just got banned specifically for account sharing, I think the account got locked for having 2 CC's on the account(which I told them after the fact that they were cautioning people to not do that here on the forums), the account owner had to confirm all of the CC's that were on the account plus some other questions about the account. After that support responded that they were locking the account for account sharing lol...

I don't know if the people responding to the tickets are new to L2 but I have never seen an account locked for sharing since I started playing in 2004. Thank goodness we got rid of those scum though and not the bot trains in Cruma 2 that have been running for the past week(at least).

So beware to anyone that is logging an account that wasn't created by them, apparently they're banning for it now.

Perhaps, but account sharing is against the rules.  Everybody knows that.  Anyone who does it takes their chances.  If you don't like it, argue that the rule should be changed.  But don't complain that those who violate the rules shouldn't be banned.  Until such a time as the rule is changed, they should be.

lmao that's funny because i know someone who went through this too. first they wanted to verify info about the card holder and as soon as he provided with his legit info and they still kept his account locked and gave him another reason for "using a third party program" LOL like wtf? why ask about his information when hes not gonna get unbanned anyway and he never botted xD

Account sharing will known no-no thing to do. It's also against the eula.

Also you may never heard of this rule being enforced, but it is from time to time and actually they don't even need to tell you anything. They have decided to close his account and that's it (also well documented in the eula).

12 hours ago, best_singer said:

Our bishop just got banned specifically for account sharing, I think the account got locked for having 2 CC's on the account(which I told them after the fact that they were cautioning people to not do that here on the forums), the account owner had to confirm all of the CC's that were on the account plus some other questions about the account. After that support responded that they were locking the account for account sharing lol...

I don't know if the people responding to the tickets are new to L2 but I have never seen an account locked for sharing since I started playing in 2004. Thank goodness we got rid of those scum though and not the bot trains in Cruma 2 that have been running for the past week(at least).

So beware to anyone that is logging an account that wasn't created by them, apparently they're banning for it now.

I bet you're the guy on Gludio server that was playing a 9 man party CP with only 3 people at their computer. The same people that came to my room that night and tryed to  kick me out of it just cuz you we're more than I was. You started healing my monsters with your 9 clients. Plus you even decide to push it one step further by using all 9 accounts to bot report me and my multibox when we we're clearly talking. When you did that I just simply wiped your whole group on my own. Plus at this point I even told you to go somewhere else and what you were doing was agaisn't the EULA and yet you kept provoking and you even told me in chat that you were account sharing. 

I'm glad NC support took action agains't you.

Made my day.

12 hours ago, best_singer said:

It kinda makes no sense. If this is true then all the top lvl 65+ CPs in the server should be banned lol. @Juji @Hime Comment please. 

1 hour ago, mixa said:

Account sharing will known no-no thing to do. It's also against the eula.

Also you may never heard of this rule being enforced, but it is from time to time and actually they don't even need to tell you anything. They have decided to close his account and that's it (also well documented in the eula).

Then explain to me why the known streamers do not get any of the rules applied to them, all the 65+ CPs? One rule for some but not the others? 

29 minutes ago, ZygiA said:

It kinda makes no sense. If this is true then all the top lvl 65+ CPs in the server should be banned lol. @Juji @Hime Comment please. 

totally aggree, why are these 65+ cp's still here when it is known by half the server they are run by russian drivers 24/7 when the real players aren't logged in? @Juji yet they are banning legit people in the mid 30's and 40''s that are grinding slow asf, and only online minimal amounts of the day, and a simple ip log would tell them that the 65+ are account sharing and more than likely a lot of rmt'ing.

13 hours ago, best_singer said:

OMG - did your Bishop read this? https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/204361019-Account-Sharing ???

For more info. For example: you play from your Home L2 and you want to play from your work- think about it!

https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/204360929-Managing-Authorized-Locations-in-NC-Account

P.S. It is not so hard to look a little bit "Right or Left" and find information what you need before creating stupid topics in the forum. 

14 hours ago, best_singer said:

only you can get banned for account sharing, if someone was banned for botting and you shared the account to him i guess

because there is account shared from 2003 to today, and not only in this game

when i heard about ban waves, and some legits were banned was because they shared their account with a corrupted illegal guildmatter that did something wrong

8. PROHIBITED AND IRREPARABLY HARMFUL ACTIVITIES CONCERNING NCSOFT

You acknowledge that You may not, without signed written consent from a legally authorized representative of NCSOFT, do any of the following:

(...)

(e) Use, or provide others with, any service related to the Game, including but not limited to:

(i) any service that interacts with the Game; or

(ii) any service that that would change characteristics related to an Account or Character ID, such as increasing the level of a character (a.k.a. power-leveling);

(...)

(i) providing or obtaining any Item; or

(ii) use of the Service, the Game, or Content at an Internet café, cyber café or computer gaming center except in North America or European Economic Area so long as there are no players sharing accounts and You are otherwise in compliance with this agreement;

If you're not the one using your char while he gains 1xp or 1 adena, it's bannable.

How often they actually enforce this rule, is another matter altogether, but it is bannable.

13 hours ago, Lawman said:

Perhaps, but account sharing is against the rules.  Everybody knows that.  Anyone who does it takes their chances.  If you don't like it, argue that the rule should be changed.  But don't complain that those who violate the rules shouldn't be banned.  Until such a time as the rule is changed, they should be.

It's always been my theory that it was their excuse to ban someone who was otherwise violating the rules or was seen as a threat when they do not want to reveal their detection methods.  I knew a grand total of two people ever "banned" for that, and both of them had bought adena at some point in the recent past.

It sounds like they were worried about multiple payment methods and potential chargebacks.  Maybe one of those cards was related to RMT, or other things.  Possibly one of the people on your account was playing at an internet cafe outside of US/EU.  They do ban for that.

I am pretty sure they don't actually care about account sharing, but who knows.

3 hours ago, ZygiA said:

Then explain to me why the known streamers do not get any of the rules applied to them, all the 65+ CPs? One rule for some but not the others? 

How should I know?Nobody cares to report them?They might get hit someday or never, it's weird that it works this way, but yea, this is how it works.

11 hours ago, RedditPolice said:

I bet you're the guy on Gludio server that was playing a 9 man party CP with only 3 people at their computer. The same people that came to my room that night and tryed to  kick me out of it just cuz you we're more than I was. You started healing my monsters with your 9 clients. Plus you even decide to push it one step further by using all 9 accounts to bot report me and my multibox when we we're clearly talking. When you did that I just simply wiped your whole group on my own. Plus at this point I even told you to go somewhere else and what you were doing was agaisn't the EULA and yet you kept provoking and you even told me in chat that you were account sharing. 

I'm glad NC support took action agains't you.

Made my day.

I play on TI but I'm sorry to hear that someone has ruffled your feathers to this extent.

10 hours ago, Aliaksandr said:

Every game has a catch-all clause that states they can lock your account for whatever they want at any time. Account sharing in the EULA is irrelevant as they haven't enforced it for the entirety of the game's life.

9 hours ago, FatHips said:

It's always been my theory that it was their excuse to ban someone who was otherwise violating the rules or was seen as a threat when they do not want to reveal their detection methods.  I knew a grand total of two people ever "banned" for that, and both of them had bought adena at some point in the recent past.

It sounds like they were worried about multiple payment methods and potential chargebacks.  Maybe one of those cards was related to RMT, or other things.  Possibly one of the people on your account was playing at an internet cafe outside of US/EU.  They do ban for that.

I am pretty sure they don't actually care about account sharing, but who knows.

It's funny that you mention chargebacks. The owner of that account had 10 months of VIP 4 built up on it and requested NC to move the ncoin to his main account as at the time we had no plans to use this account anymore. Rather than move the ncoin they said they would refund it instead. The thing is after they refunded it all the account still had VIP 4 status on it, so we were speculating that maybe that flagged the account somehow even though it was their brilliant idea to refund everything to begin with.

21 hours ago, Krissa said:

It will probably help them to ban him if he is going to bot again.

lmfao it’s funny how the mods deleted the rest of our posts cause they don’t want everyone to know that they’re just looking for another reason to ban people even if they’re innocent ?

on my profile it it says i have 5 posts and only 2 are showing LOL damn ncsoft on a whole new level ?

those who are against enforcing account sharing are 63+ and paying russian drivers hundreds of dollars a week to grind the characters. NC didnt bother to look at the logs for characters hitting 60 the first week or so with adena/gear/drops all extremely nerfed? seriously 24/7 characters

26 minutes ago, RickRoss said:

My pt is ~50 and we share accs for 10 years. What drivers what bots. Go play your solo dwarf and dont comment.

So, you've been cheating for 10 years.  That NCWest didn't enforce their own rules doesn't make cheating right.  I like my solo dwarf, but don't make assumptions.  I've also led a top-level castle-owning clan, among other things.  Never shared my account, though.  That would have been cheating.

Archived