Warning to those that are account sharing...

best_singer

Account sharing is key to worst possible RMT where each character have 3 drivers and is online 24/24. For this alone for account sharing the penalty should go bans for account, IP and hardware to make wsure cut off this cancer from L2.

Alot of people protecting account sharing because it make possible const party. But the const party is thing that killed traditional clans from the game and in long run it hurt game itself.

Accound sharing is forbiden, and that is great. It should be bans for it without any mercy. Admins should care about it even more than bots.

I don't mind bans for account sharing however it should be fair for all. I highly doubt those guys who are level 67+ have not been account sharing to get that 24/7 xp. It s just they have donated so much money into ncsoft that the rules don't apply to them anymore. Or they get a friendly warning first before getting that ban

6 hours ago, Zeeki said:

Account sharing is key to worst possible RMT where each character have 3 drivers and is online 24/24. For this alone for account sharing the penalty should go bans for account, IP and hardware to make wsure cut off this cancer from L2.

Alot of people protecting account sharing because it make possible const party. But the const party is thing that killed traditional clans from the game and in long run it hurt game itself.

Accound sharing is forbiden, and that is great. It should be bans for it without any mercy. Admins should care about it even more than bots.

By your logic lets close server during nights or server to be up only for 8h/day. Also we can try with fingerprints because when my 8h playing shift finish, my wife or whoever cant sit and play from my acc from my pc.

8 hours ago, Lawman said:

So, you've been cheating for 10 years.  That NCWest didn't enforce their own rules doesn't make cheating right.  I like my solo dwarf, but don't make assumptions.  I've also led a top-level castle-owning clan, among other things.  Never shared my account, though.  That would have been cheating.

What clan? On which server?

2 hours ago, LightRider said:

What clan? On which server?

Ace on Sayha.  Was about dead when I took it over.  Built it back up and took Dion for about 6 months.  Was fun for a while, but running a clan is a pain in the butt.  Wouldn't want to do it again.  Truth is, I wasn't all that good at leading a clan anyway.  I'm much more comfortable as an officer without all that responsibility.  I was that on Devianne (I think it was Devianne; they all blur together in my old age) for a year, in PeaceCore, weaker member of the ruling alliance and owner of Shuttgart for over a year.  And I love to solo.  Not a great personality trait in a clan leader.  Thanks for asking. 

2 hours ago, DarkSubban said:

Shared account = cheating ?

First thing first, they cant tell if you log at your friend house or if its actually your friend who log it.

True, detection can be a problem, especially if it is a husband/wife or sibling combination playing in the same house.  That doesn't make it any less cheating, though.  

14 hours ago, Lawman said:

Ace on Sayha.  Was about dead when I took it over.  Built it back up and took Dion for about 6 months.  Was fun for a while, but running a clan is a pain in the butt.  Wouldn't want to do it again.  Truth is, I wasn't all that good at leading a clan anyway.  I'm much more comfortable as an officer without all that responsibility.  I was that on Devianne (I think it was Devianne; they all blur together in my old age) for a year, in PeaceCore, weaker member of the ruling alliance and owner of Shuttgart for over a year.  And I love to solo.  Not a great personality trait in a clan leader.  Thanks for asking. 

I was on sayah and I do not remember Ace all that well. I remember PeaceCore though. I was in Catalyst.

Good to see another veteran though :)

Ace had been a really fine top level clan and fell on hard times.  The leader lost interest and I took it over.  Never quite got it back to its former greatness, but got to where the clan was full of active players again.  We took Dion from KillTime's personal clan and kept it largely because we were friendly with the folks who ruled the server.  We also turned out tons of people for sieges, not very high level but lots of us and determined to keep our castle.  

BTW, started out on Bartz in C1.  First clan I ever joined was BloodForgeClan.  It was a good group of people, very supportive, though never strong enough to play with the big boys.  I also liked our symbol, a single blood drop.  Lots of good memories. 

Archived