• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Krissa said:

Bannable.

How is it bannable?

3 minutes ago, Meverick said:

@Krissa are you sure?

Is not bannable. You are broadcasting your keyboard, but you are still playing and pressing the keys. 

Just now, Handi said:

Go ahead and show me 8(c) please?

8. PROHIBITED AND IRREPARABLY HARMFUL ACTIVITIES CONCERNING NCSOFT

You acknowledge that You may not, without signed written consent from a legally authorized representative of NCSOFT, do any of the following:

(c) Use, or provide others with, any software related to the Game, including any automation software (a.k.a. "bot") or software designed to change or modify operation of the Game;

You would probably want to read the whole agreement, though.

2 minutes ago, Krissa said:

You would probably want to read the whole agreement, though.

I fail to see what exactly MultiBoxy is breaking ! Does not change or modify any files, is not automation software. 

In fact, is a lighter version of Auto Macro which they officially had. Lighter meaning with the Auto Macro's you could afk = bot , with MultiBoxy, you can't do that.

14 minutes ago, Handi said:

How is it bannable?

Is not bannable. You are broadcasting your keyboard, but you are still playing and pressing the keys. 

It's not bannable.  People get upset because "Third Party Software" but they all didn't read the EULA which only forbids third party software that modifies or interacts with the game - things which broadcasting software doesn't do.

8. PROHIBITED AND IRREPARABLY HARMFUL ACTIVITIES CONCERNING NCSOFT

(c) Use, or provide others with, any software related to the Game, including any automation software (a.k.a. "bot") or software designed to change or modify operation of the Game;

-----------

Multiboxing is 100% acceptable provided you're not AFK running some looping macros.  But that also goes for players playing a single toon.

-----------

Also, here's a link of responses someone compiled from NCWest support regarding Third Party Software that broadcasts key strokes.  https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/3084-are-mouse-drivers-allowed-in-game/?tab=comments#comment-23735

4 minutes ago, Handi said:

I fail to see what exactly MultiBoxy is breaking ! Does not change or modify any files, is not automation software. 

In fact, is a lighter version of Auto Macro which they officially had. Lighter meaning with the Auto Macro's you could afk = bot , with MultiBoxy, you can't do that.

Useful information you have gave to us, thanks a lot.

5 minutes ago, Handi said:

It is software related to the Game, made with intent of changing its operation and not endorsed by NCsoft.

That is what is explicitly written on the website you linked.

You may believe it's not bannable, you may invent any excuses for yourself why it shouldn't be bannable, but don't be surprised if you get banned.

3 minutes ago, Garfield said:

Don’t come later later to cry in forums because you’ve been banned for using it. Unless there’s an official statement allowing it, it can be still considered by NCSoft as bannable

While they can ban anyone, even you, for no particular reason, they will not do it. They will also not release any statement about multiboxing in general.

1 minute ago, Krissa said:

It is software related to the Game, made with intent of changing its operation and not endorsed by NCsoft.

That is what is explicitly written on the website you linked.

You may believe it's not bannable, you may invent any excuses for yourself why it shouldn't be bannable, but don't be surprised if you get banned.

Wait what? Changing its operation? Are you kidding me?

Also, our policy is that each keystroke or mouse click should equal one action in-game. Players should not use add-ons or programs that fully automate gameplay (such as bot programs) or that give you an advantage over other players (such as damage increase hacks, speedhacks or auto-target hacks). Just use your best judgement and you should be fine. If there is an add-on or program that clearly gives you an advantage over other players, do not use it. If you have any other questions about what is considered a violation, please refer to the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct: http://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/user-agreements/

Here's the reply i read it somewhere not too long ago. In this case it's probably a bannable as 1 keystroke of you did multiple action in game

4 minutes ago, Jai said:

Also, our policy is that each keystroke or mouse click should equal one action in-game. Players should not use add-ons or programs that fully automate gameplay (such as bot programs) or that give you an advantage over other players (such as damage increase hacks, speedhacks or auto-target hacks). Just use your best judgement and you should be fine. If there is an add-on or program that clearly gives you an advantage over other players, do not use it. If you have any other questions about what is considered a violation, please refer to the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct: http://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/user-agreements/

Here's the reply i read it somewhere not too long ago. In this case it's probably a bannable as 1 keystroke of you did multiple action in game

I don't see it that way. 

One Action in-game , means exactly that, 1 action. You are not performing more then 1 action with each keystroke. You are indeed , performing 1 action on 3 windows, true, but I do not believe it counts as more then 1 action in-game ( per char of course ). Plus, that "reply" fails to make any legit sense. You basically can right now, to perform more then 1 action in-game , with the in-game macro. You do a macro, which spams all your skills ( more then 1 action in-game ) , with 1 click. So yeah!

9 minutes ago, Krissa said:

Haven't you read what it was written for?

To broadcast your keyboard. I mean, you can basically use it for networking management too. But .. I believe you do not understand that. 

Anyway, to each his own. 

10 minutes ago, Jai said:

Also, our policy is that each keystroke or mouse click should equal one action in-game.

First sentence literally okays multiboxing.  You press a key, it broadcasts that key to the game.  One press - one action.  You could have multiple keyboards setup with a rubber band and a stick (someone posted pictures) and that's one press - one action.  You could have a hardware splitter for one keyboard and multiple machines (which is what I use) again: one key press, one action on each machine.  Broadcasting software like autohotkey or Input Director also serve the same function.  Provided it's one keypress and only broadcasts out one keypress.  Perfectly okay.

It's quite likely you will be banned if you use that or any other software repeater if you're reported enough. NCwest has been using the same language that CCP used when they banned repeaters/videofx/etc. It didn't matter how much people parsed the language.

It doesn't have to be in the TOS or the rules. If NCwest wanted to they could ban us all tomorrow.

EDIT :

This is the language I'm talking about. People can try to parse it into meaning other things but the reality is you're getting more than one action in the game with one click. One click two actions (or however many clients) in game. Yes it's technically one action per game client but that's not what NCwest said. They view "in game" as the server itself. SO from the server's perspective you're getting two actions for one click.

3 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Yes it's technically one action per game client but that's not what NCwest said.

Nor did they say what exactly it is.

As I said, one can do multiple "actions" in-game by making an in-game macro. Simple, right?

Anyway, Multiboxy does not have "repeater" or whatever you said above. It does not play the game on his own. Every action in-game , you need to do it. No repeater, no auto gameplay.

This is simple... About the software action, use it is not a violation, but, since that software gives you an advantage against other people using their characters on a "clean way (meaning without software)", it is a violation. So its simple, don't use it because it gives you advantage over the other players. END 

BTW, can you imagine now how much will to grow up the population on servers because of this?

Have a Nice Gaming!.

6 minutes ago, Handi said:

Nor did they say what exactly it is.

As I said, one can do multiple "actions" in-game by making an in-game macro. Simple, right?

Anyway, Multiboxy does not have "repeater" or whatever you said above. It does not play the game on his own. Every action in-game , you need to do it. No repeater, no auto gameplay.

That statement is going to be the most exact form of a statement you'll get from Ncsoft. I've already given you how the statement translates. You're wanting to commit one click for multiple clicks in game.

In game macros are allowed while out of game macros are not allowed. You can allow one thing without allowing another.

Multiboxy is a script for the repeater (AUTOhotkey). It repeats a command to all the clients it's setup to repeat to.

15 minutes ago, Handi said:

To broadcast your keyboard. I mean, you can basically use it for networking management too.

You might be surprised to notice that it's called "Multiboxy", not "Broadcaster" or "Network manager".

(And I, as a former network admin, would never plan to use keyboard broadcasting for network management)

15 minutes ago, Handi said:

But .. I believe you do not understand that.

What is worse for you is that NCsoft won't "understand" it either.

1 minute ago, Krissa said:

You might be surprised to notice that it's called "Multiboxy", not "Broadcaster" or "Network manager".

(And I, as a former network admin, would never plan to use keyboard broadcasting for network management)

What is worse for you is that NCsoft won't "understand" it either.

Don't make it sound like the name is what's behind the script.

Worst for me? I am using an somehow identical thing, since the release of the game and had no problems!

Archived