How to Multibox ..

Handi

20 hours ago, Degus said:

Jessica Today at 00:14

Hello, I can confirm that Multiboxy is a useful service but it is absolutely NOT supported in any way by NCSOFT

Do you see that word in caps?  Pick and choose what you like and read it as you may, but your answer is right there.  It couldn't be any clearer.   

Hey bro, learn to understand english ok?  "absolutely NOT supported in any way by NCSOFT" just means they do not support it that is not saying its not allowed and youll be banned. You must be a newb and not from anytime in L2 history. People have been using these to multibox for YEARS and never banned because IT IS NOT BANNABLE you are PHYSICALLY at your PC like they require. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Degus said:

Let me dumb this down.  If we go out and 2v2, my dd/healer vs your dd/healer.  I have to switch screens to healer, press macro key to target dd and heal, switch back to main to keep attacking while you are running a 3rd party program you downloaded that lets you heal yourself from a screen you are not even on, that's a HUGE  unfair advantage.  Period. You are running a program allowing you to do things others can't. It can't be any simpler to understand and when the GM was asked, he replied "NO, this is not supported."  I too agree it's a cool tool and would make game play easier, but no, no way is that not an incoming ban.  

what you say was done for years in this way

a guy with 3 computers

1 compuiter to cast invulnetability bishop

1 computer as main to go behind you with a dagger and put you in to the ground with a backstag and vesper dagger

1 computer to press the key to heal you with 8 great heals, also after cast invulnerability l2 macro cast heals too

whats the difference? was done many times to enter in baium and pk a guild

2 hours ago, Khania said:

a guy with 3 computers

1 computer as main to go behind you with a dagger and put you in to the ground with a backstag and vesper dagger

1 computer to press the key to heal you with 8 great heals, also after cast invulnerability l2 macro cast heals too

2 hours ago, Khania said:

a guy with 3 computers

dude, sigh…..read your own post, read your last line first then your first 2 lines in that order.  3 computers, yes, 1 pc with a toon minimized casting spells while not even on screen is a big difference, how do you people not see that?   I tried to help, I give up. 

6 hours ago, Degus said:

Let me dumb this down.  If we go out and 2v2, my dd/healer vs your dd/healer.  I have to switch screens to healer, press macro key to target dd and heal, switch back to main to keep attacking while you are running a 3rd party program you downloaded that lets you heal yourself from a screen you are not even on, that's a HUGE  unfair advantage.  Period. You are running a program allowing you to do things others can't. It can't be any simpler to understand and when the GM was asked, he replied "NO, this is not supported."  I too agree it's a cool tool and would make game play easier, but no, no way is that not an incoming ban.  

While I understand your .. "frustration" towards PVP , let me assure you that people already doing what you said without Multiboxy or other similar programs.

And let me add some of the possibilities :

1) One guy , one computer , 2 open clients. Main char he is using his keyboard. Second char he is using a Keypad ( google it ) . On the keypad he binds the keys for the second char. And so , he's not going to alt tab to heal, etc.

2) One guy , 2 computers , 2 open clients, 2 keyboards. Yet again, he doesn't need to alt tab.

And I am sure the are other ways to do this without Multiboxy or other related software. 

Anyway , the reply from GM that is NOT supported, means they officially will not support this software , meaning you cannot email NcSoft and ask them help, informations, etc about Multiboxy nor they will be responsible if something goes wrong with your account or something similar. If it was bannable, be sure that they would of included the word in the reply.

On 3.12.2018 at 5:53 PM, Khania said:

they want 1 key per computer pressed at same time, then you can manage as many character you can with your legs hands and keyboards

Guys before you give smart tips to other players about what is allowed and what is not...maybe you should read the Eula before. For 1 player only 3 clients are allowed. Yes you can bypass that by using multiple PCs etc. but it is not allowed. And somewhere i read a GM message...if you get caught with more than 2 boxes...ban. 

And now we leave the field of knowledge and do smart guesses. Multiple threads say people have been baned because their boxes behaved peculiar. Knowing this  I dare say it is at least a high risk to use such a program. Be sure the GMs are no idiots. They know exactly if you use software or not. I personally think most of this "baned innocents" are just lying to get their accounts back.

5 hours ago, FesterAdams said:

Guys before you give smart tips to other players about what is allowed and what is not...maybe you should read the Eula before. For 1 player only 3 clients are allowed. Yes you can bypass that by using multiple PCs etc. but it is not allowed. And somewhere i read a GM message...if you get caught with more than 2 boxes...ban. 

And now we leave the field of knowledge and do smart guesses. Multiple threads say people have been baned because their boxes behaved peculiar. Knowing this  I dare say it is at least a high risk to use such a program. Be sure the GMs are no idiots. They know exactly if you use software or not. I personally think most of this "baned innocents" are just lying to get their accounts back.

stop setting in panic all the community with a fake new rrom 2003 to today in lineage 2 many people used more than 1 PC, is very knowed that many people had 1 BD, 1 PP, 1 BISHIP, 1 EE, 1 SWS, 1 SE as mule and main, this was common, here, and in south korea also is very knowed that many people to do baium valakas or antharas, they log in more than 1 mage, sometimes 5 or more, to cast spells

then, stop setting in panic the community, and let them be free, here plays young people, and you are setting them in panic with a fake new

20 hours ago, Handi said:

While I understand your .. "frustration" towards PVP , let me assure you that people already doing what you said without Multiboxy or other similar programs.

And let me add some of the possibilities :

1) One guy , one computer , 2 open clients. Main char he is using his keyboard. Second char he is using a Keypad ( google it ) . On the keypad he binds the keys for the second char. And so , he's not going to alt tab to heal, etc.

2) One guy , 2 computers , 2 open clients, 2 keyboards. Yet again, he doesn't need to alt tab.

And I am sure the are other ways to do this without Multiboxy or other related software. 

Anyway , the reply from GM that is NOT supported, means they officially will not support this software , meaning you cannot email NcSoft and ask them help, informations, etc about Multiboxy nor they will be responsible if something goes wrong with your account or something similar. If it was bannable, be sure that they would of included the word in the reply.

with 2 mules you can make a bishop invulnerability macros, and heal macros, after that in the other mule great heal macros, while u are attacking with your main, that, in a 1 pc

with two pcs, you can do the same

edit: to the people against people with more than 1 PC:

and??

im playing lineage 2 from year 2003 to today, it seems you started to play this year, because 1 million things happened, and we can say, the smallest thing is someone with more than 1 pc

go and focus your mind in solve problems such as, Raid bosses buggers/ exploiters, valakas and antharas buggers, baium door buggers, queen ant buggers, and BOTTERS

not in legit players with more than 1 pc, you should feel awesome when you see someone with the ability to handle more than 1 pc at the same time, but not, you love more the botters and exploiters or buggers, than legit people with more than 1 pc, thats why u are focusing so much in set on panic legit people with more than 1 pc, than focus on illegal people as botters, buggers, and exploiters

Jessica Today at 00:14

Hello, I can confirm that Multiboxy is a useful service but it is absolutely not supported in any way by NCSOFT so I couldn't provide the assurance that you seek. The client allows up to 3 instances (different accounts) on a single computer and our policy is that each keystroke or mouse click should equal one action in-game. Players should not use add-ons or programs that fully automate gameplay (such as bot programs) or that give you an advantage over other players (such as damage increase hacks, speedhacks or auto-target hacks). Just use your best judgement and you should be fine. If there is an add-on or program that clearly gives you an advantage over other players, do not use it. If you have any other questions about what is considered a violation, please refer to the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct: http://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/user-agreements/

Seems NcSoft will not bad those who uses Multiboxy

That is not what NCwest said. They said in the bold that they cannot assure the person that they won't be banned for using multiboxy

The second bold line is important and why multiboxy is bannable. The game is the server not your game client as your client is merely a terminal that connects to the server. The server is hosting the game. So if you use multiboxy to broadcast hotkey presses to two or more accounts you're getting 2 or more actions IN game with one mouse/hotkey click which is bannable as stated in the bolded line.

Will you be banned? Possibly if something occurs to cause ncwest to take a closer look at your accounts and play.

EDIT : BTW these are the same words that CCP used when they banned software repeaters/multiplexers/broadcasters such as anyhotkey/multibxoy. Some EVE boxers parsed the statement exactly the same way as those here and they all ended up banned. If enough people complain there will be a ban wave.

EDIT 2 : I have no idea where the fellow got the idea that you're only allowed 3 game accounts. I've been using 5 game clients since 2005. I currently play 9 accounts (4 computers) and have been doing so for a long time (+5 years). You're only allowed 3 clients per computer though.

• 2 months later...

I did not have time yet to go read all the replies here. I just started playing a few days ago. Never played the game, so why not play it ;)

Seems to me you can Multi-box in this game without any 3rd party software help at all. I am logged into two instances of Lineage 2, that were launched from the NCSOFT Launcher, on the same PC. There are 2 separate Tabs on the task bar, so if playing in windowed and size the box to show the Task bar, you can easily switch screens. The game has it's own Macro system, that allows follow, attack, cast etc. So, it would be easy to have a healer follow a toon around and assist heal, and attack. I will test more, but I multi-box 4 toons this way in EQ without any software, so should be even easier here, as the macro system allows more.

Anyone else do it this way? Am I missing something?

Very old topic, but what they are talking about is a separate program they run so you don't have to click on the other screen for the 2nd char to do it's action, you can basically run multiple characters while only looking at your main.  It doesn't matter at this point because ncsoft is ignoring 3rd party software and now more and more people are using it.  It's the old "if i can't beat 'em, join 'em."

Good luch, welcome to the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone ask/answer in this topic whether NCSOFT bans based on how you use a program (you don't use the auto features), or based on the capabilities of the program (program has auto features). If it's the latter, almost everything is bannable, except using feet!

Archived