How to Multibox ..

Handi

This is simple... About the software action, use it is not a violation, but, since that software gives you an advantage against other people using their characters on a "clean way (meaning without software)", it is a violation. So its simple, don't use it because it gives you advantage over the other players. END 

BTW, can you imagine now how much will to grow up the population on servers because of this?

Have a Nice Gaming!.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Handi said:

Don't make it sound like the name is what's behind the script.

Worst for me? I am using an somehow identical thing, since the release of the game and had no problems!

The name is behind the intention.

But thanks for mentioning. Once this in-game behavior starts annoying legit players, NCsoft will know what to look for.

1 minute ago, Krissa said:

The name is behind the intention.

But thanks for mentioning. Once this in-game behavior starts annoying legit players, NCsoft will know what to look for.

NcSoft better take care of other MORE important things to do, then chase legit players who don't want to keep alt tabbing in order to play 3 chars at the same time. 

4 minutes ago, Handi said:

NcSoft better take care of other MORE important things to do, then chase legit players who don't want to keep alt tabbing in order to play 3 chars at the same time. 

You can build another desktop or three for cheap. For example my secondaries/servers are running q6600s I got off ebay for $10 delivered. I am currently 8 boxing with a lot of keyboards on my ikea gallant desk.

I used to 12 box eve online (prior to and after the repeater/videofx ban) before I quit.

1 minute ago, Tool_of_Society said:

You can build another desktop or three for cheap. For example my secondaries/servers are running q6600s I got off ebay for $10 delivered. I am currently 8 boxing with a lot of keyboards on my ikea gallant desk.

I used to 12 box eve online (prior to and after the repeater/videofx ban) before I quit.

How is whatever you are doing, any different then Multiboxy ?! So you are telling me, having 3 physical keyboards in front of you is legit, but having 3 virtual keyboard in front of you is not ?! 

Just now, Handi said:

How is whatever you are doing, any different then Multiboxy ?! So you are telling me, having 3 physical keyboards in front of you is legit, but having 3 virtual keyboard in front of you is not ?! 

Yes because for each button press "the game" (server) is seeing one action. If I used AUTOhotkey I could control 3x as many characters with the same effort.

Just now, Tool_of_Society said:

Yes because for each button press "the game" (server) is seeing one action. If I used AUTOhotkey I could control 3x as many characters with the same effort.

So is about effort. I get it now. So if I win few seconds on any Action in-game ( skipping alt tabbing ) , is not legit, because I am not putting the same effort as you!

Nice logic there.

This is simple... About the software action, use it is not a violation, but, since that software gives you an advantage against other people using their characters on a "clean way (meaning without software)", it is a violation. So its simple, don't use it because it gives you advantage over the other players. END 

BTW, can you imagine now how much will to grow up the population on servers because of this?

Have a Nice Gaming!.

1 minute ago, Handi said:

So is about effort. I get it now. So if I win few seconds on any Action in-game ( skipping alt tabbing ) , is not legit, because I am not putting the same effort as you!

Nice logic there.

No.

This is about AUTOhotkey giving you multiple actions "in game" with one keystroke.

*In game being the server.

1 minute ago, NazgullSupport said:

Have a Nice Gaming!.

I think you already said that few posts ago.

If anything this will HELP the game, not "break" it , since players will still need to be in front of the PC and PLAY the game, as a comparation with the Auto Macro's from the past, where you could soft bot/afk.

1 minute ago, Tool_of_Society said:

No.

This is about AUTOhotkey giving you multiple actions "in game" with one keystroke.

*In game being the server.

In-game, per game window, you are using 1 keystroke , not 3.

Anyway! As I said, to each his own. I'm using it.

1 minute ago, Handi said:

I think you already said that few posts ago.

If anything this will HELP the game, not "break" it , since players will still need to be in front of the PC and PLAY the game, as a comparation with the Auto Macro's from the past, where you could soft bot/afk.

Yes, I know, it wil help all those players.. even more, it could help me too... but as I told you, and the rules tells it.. if this gives you advantage over the other people is not legal, so... It's simple to deduce that this is not allowed.

Just now, NazgullSupport said:

Yes, I know, it wil help all those players.. even more, it could help me too... but as I told you, and the rules tells it.. if this gives you advantage over the other people is not legal, so... It's simple to deduce that this is not allowed.

Is @Tool_of_Society 8 boxes giving an advantage over other people, for exemple the ones who uses 1 box or 3 boxes, hm ?! 

Exactly ..

8 minutes ago, Handi said:

In-game, per game window, you are using 1 keystroke , not 3.

Anyway! As I said, to each his own. I'm using it.

In-game. The game is the software running on the servers. That is the "in-game" not your individual game clients. Your game clients interact with the "in game" directly. One action your end two actions seen in game from someone watching in game.

Just now, Tool_of_Society said:

In-game. The game is the software running on the servers. That is the "in-game" not your individual game clients. Your game clients interact with the "in game" directly. One action your end two actions seen in game from someone watching in game.

Oh shut up already!

You are playing with 8 boxes at the same time which I think you are using a lot more "actions" per second then me with MultiBoxy.

And no, even with the above explication, you are not making any sense. 

Actually we both assume. But I am willing to .. somehow trust NcSoft and not going "crazy" over something which does not break any other company rules. Blizzard is allowing this, SquareEnix is allowing this, and even NcSoft is allowing this for Aion ( see isoboxer.com ) , etc.

28 minutes ago, Handi said:

If they break the user agreement, they are not legit. Even if they are in denial about that.

If NCsoft wanted active multiboxing to be easy, they would have endorsed the tools for that.

1 minute ago, Krissa said:

If they break the user agreement, they are not legit. Even if they are in denial about that.

If NCsoft wanted active multiboxing to be easy, they would have endorsed the tools for that.

They will never "endorsed" the tools for that, lol. I mean, they already did that with Auto Macro's, but other then that, don't expect any company to "endorse" the tools for that.

2 minutes ago, Handi said:

Oh shut up already!

You are playing with 8 boxes at the same time which I think you are using a lot more "actions" per second then me with MultiBoxy.

And no, even with the above explication, you are not making any sense. 

Actually we both assume. But I am willing to .. somehow trust NcSoft and not going "crazy" over something which does not break any other company rules. Blizzard is allowing this, SquareEnix is allowing this, and even NcSoft is allowing this for Aion ( see isoboxer.com ) , etc.

I used isboxer in eve for years. CCP banned the repeater functionality along with some videofx/clickthroughs. AUTOhotkey is banned in EVE too because it is a repeater.

It was never about actions per second. I have no idea where you got that from. It's always been about

Also, our policy is that each keystroke or mouse click should equal one action in-game.

Keystroke per action in game.

2 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

I used isboxer in eve for years. CCP banned the repeater functionality along with some videofx/clickthroughs. AUTOhotkey is banned in EVE too because it is a repeater.

It was never about actions per second. I have no idea where you got that from. It's always been about

Keystroke per action in game.

Link me where CCP banned autohotkey. Also, autohotkey is a very wide software which you can write many things. Automation, Macro Looping, etc is one of them and I believe you used something like this, correct? MultiBoxy does not use Looping Macro's ( repeater macro's ) or automation . 

But anyway! I'll leave it like this. Whoever wants to use it, use it. Who don't , don't. Is simple!

I'm using it.

19 minutes ago, Handi said:

Link me where CCP banned autohotkey. Also, autohotkey is a very wide software which you can write many things. Automation, Macro Looping, etc is one of them and I believe you used something like this, correct? MultiBoxy does not use Looping Macro's ( repeater macro's ) or automation . 

But anyway! I'll leave it like this. Whoever wants to use it, use it. Who don't , don't. Is simple!

I'm using it.

Took me a little while because I'm kind of busy and CCP switched forum software between then and now.

Here's the original post by CCP on EVE's forum.

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=387571

I doubt NCwest is actively looking for people using repeaters. If you are investigated for something you very well could end up banned. I average one captcha a day so I definitely am not using a repeater. Good luck.

EDIT : I used the repeater to repeat my mouse and hotkey clicks across 8-12 clients. I ran incursions. WHs, and ganked people with it. There was no automation just me having more than one in game action for one mouse/key click.

Repeater as in it repeats the hotkey, mouse movements clicks whatever of the main account across all the clients. It's also called input broadcasting / input multiplexing.

3 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Took me a little while because I'm kind of busy and CCP switched forum software between then and now.

Here's the original post by CCP on EVE's forum.

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=387571

I doubt NCwest is actively looking for people using repeaters. If you are investigated for something you very well could end up banned. I average one captcha a day so I definitely am not using a repeater. Good luck.

Well I didn't know that, but I believe they have strong reasons as to why , since Eve is a very complex game and PvP focused, that people might have found dirty ways to bypass some .. kinky inputs which in the end, they decided to also not allow broadcasting. If you see, it was not banned right from the start, but almost 2 years after the first announcement. 

So yeah! Their reasons are far more complex then here.

PS: Stop calling it repeater :) It sounds bad. 

Just now, Handi said:

Well I didn't know that, but I believe they have strong reasons as to why , since Eve is a very complex game and PvP focused, that people might have found dirty ways to bypass some .. kinky inputs which in the end, they decided to also not allow broadcasting. If you see, it was not banned right from the start, but almost 2 years after the first announcement. 

So yeah! Their reasons are far more complex then here.

PS: Stop calling it repeater :) It sounds bad. 

What happened was some people got butt hurt about getting bombed by an isboxer in null. ISboxers in highsec were able to use super cheap ships to gank really expensive stuff. There was a dude soloing the HQ incursion sites with 40 something nightmares. It was just getting out of hand.

I'm surprised people are using them in aion as I didn't figure it would be an ideal game for that.

2 hours ago, NazgullSupport said:

Have a Nice Gaming!.

its not a violation to have an advantage against other people. this software is allowed as it not automate any action. 

there are multiple reasons why a player can have advantage due to others, and many of those reasons are not banable, even simple ones like a diff keyboard or mouse

18 minutes ago, VincentColpa said:

its not a violation to have an advantage against other people. this software is allowed as it not automate any action. 

there are multiple reasons why a player can have advantage due to others, and many of those reasons are not banable, even simple ones like a diff keyboard or mouse

It is mamène.

If you use it, your account is bannable.

If you can't understand that you manage 1 char at time and this soft will send a macro to copy what you do, how we can help ? Go ahead and don't complain when you will be banned.

It's simple ANY 3rd party program who can take control of your game, is a reason to be banned, what is Multiboxy ? A 3rd party program.

What is AutoHotKey ? A macro program, you can do loop macro to automate stuff, so, when the anticheat will tell to NCsoft you use this program, it means you can automate stuff they don't care and cannot see if you use multiboxy script, but seeing you are using AutoHotKey is enough to ban you.

AFK or not, Loop or not, using a soft to play this game is not allowed and for NCsoft your account is bannable.

If you know that, take your own risk to use it.

Archived